The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

malpaso 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-15-03, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malpaso Click to send private message to malpaso Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
This is my first post on any of these boards. I don't watch any of the reality shows, normally. This one caught my interest one night while clicking through the channels. I saw the second episode before the first one, and after watching Matt for ten minutes or so, I thought to myself "This guy seems like a typical Pittsburgher. I wonder where he's from? He seems like he could live down the street from me." Now, don't get me wrong,he seemed like a goober, but a decent goober. Not an an asshole goober. Someone who means well, and I can respect that.
Anyway, I wasn't all that surprised then when I found out that he actually is from Pittsburgh, my hometown as well.

I think the show is entertaining, but its also a cruel thing to do to a person, any person. I hope the show isn't being aired against Matt's will. I would hope that he has been well compensated, at least, for the embarrassment and the effect this will have on his psyche.

Now, I'm not saying he is blameless----I know he has to accept the responsibility of aggreeing to do the show in the first place, just as anyone must accept the responsibilities for, and the consequences of, the decisions they make...but...

I think people are being awfully negative of him. Some of the board even seem to be turning up their noses at him, as if he is sooooo much worse of a person than they are. Gimmie a break.

Maybe my view of this is odd, but I as I said, I am not an avid reality show viewer. This show is in its own category though, and maybe thats why I watch it.
I know he's made a complete ass of himself at times, and he does things quite differently then I would ever do them, but he has also shown himself to have some class and be the kind of guy who would help you in a time of need. I'll bet the actors learned more about life than anyone else from doing this show. Having watched all of it now, save for the final show, I really don't think Matt has anything to be ashamed of.

I kind of have the same outlook as Joe, I mean Matt. His lack of focus on winning the money may really just be his inner-self exhibiting his real nature, to value personal-interaction and other peoples well-being above the selfish pursuit of money.
I don't have a problem with that.

Take care,
malpaso

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."
Eli 'Tuco' Wallach

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: People seem awfully judgemental... OceansAngel16 10-15-03 1
 RE: People seem awfully judgemental... Lisapooh 10-15-03 2
   RE: People seem awfully judgemental... erikman 10-16-03 3
   RE: People seem awfully judgemental... I_AM_HE 10-16-03 4
   RE: People seem awfully judgemental... Schmoron 10-23-03 49
 RE: People see awful Matt. Guppin1234 10-16-03 5
 RE: People seem awfully judgemental... mm58 10-16-03 6
 RE: People seem awfully judgemental... LynneAndReef 10-16-03 7
 RE: Baffled by his behavior Deonna 10-16-03 8
   i agree Angelfood 10-16-03 9
       RE: Thanks for your Time Deonna 10-16-03 11
   RE: Baffled by his behavior Soft_Myst 10-16-03 10
       RE: Thanks for your time Deonna 10-16-03 12
           RE: Thanks for your time OceansAngel16 10-16-03 15
               RE: Thanks for your time Rabies 10-19-03 39
                   RE: Thanks for your time dracosaur 10-29-03 50
       RE: Baffled by his behavior LynneAndReef 10-16-03 17
       RE: Baffled by his behavior Guppin1234 10-18-03 38
   RE: Baffled by his behavior OceansAngel16 10-16-03 13
       RE: Thanks for you thoughts Deonna 10-16-03 22
           RE: Thanks for you thoughts OceansAngel16 10-16-03 23
               RE: Thanks for you thoughts Deonna 10-16-03 25
           RE: Thanks for you thoughts Rabies 10-19-03 40
               RE: Thanks for you thoughts Deonna 10-19-03 41
               RE: Thanks for you thoughts dracosaur 10-29-03 52
               Two pieces of cake RollDdice 11-01-03 59
           RE: Thanks for you thoughts dracosaur 10-29-03 51
               RE: Thanks for you thoughts Guppin1234 10-31-03 56
       RE: Baffled by his behavior Traces 10-17-03 34
           RE: Thank-you Deonna 10-17-03 35
   RE: Baffled by his behavior Tiger Lily 10-16-03 14
       RE: Baffled by his behavior OceansAngel16 10-16-03 16
           RE: Baffled by his behavior Tiger Lily 10-16-03 18
               RE: Baffled by his behavior OceansAngel16 10-16-03 20
           RE: Baffled by his behavior LynneAndReef 10-16-03 19
               RE: Baffled by his behavior OceansAngel16 10-16-03 21
                   RE: Baffled by his behavior hellagirl 10-30-03 53
                       Grace under pressure RollDdice 10-31-03 57
       RE: Baffled by his behavior Deonna 10-16-03 24
   Matt's Behavior - explained? RollDdice 10-30-03 54
       Dump truck or tractor trailer? Guppin1234 11-01-03 58
 RE: People seem awfully judgemental... LynneAndReef 10-16-03 26
   RE: The money Deonna 10-16-03 27
       RE: The money OceansAngel16 10-16-03 28
           RE: The money mm58 10-16-03 29
               RE: The money Deonna 10-17-03 30
               RE: The money LynneAndReef 10-17-03 32
               RE: The money Tiger Lily 10-17-03 33
       RE: The money LynneAndReef 10-17-03 31
           RE: The money Traces 10-17-03 36
               RE: The money ItsaRWafterAll 10-17-03 37
               RE: The money woeisme1 10-20-03 42
                   RE: The money Schmoron 10-23-03 48
                       RE: The money RosieTX1 10-31-03 55
   Matt said he wasn't in it for the m... Guppin1234 10-20-03 43
       RE: $10k a DAY Rabies 10-20-03 44
           RE: $10k a DAY erikman 10-20-03 45
               RE: $1k a DAY Rabies 10-20-03 46
           RE: $10k a DAY Guppin1234 10-21-03 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

OceansAngel16 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-03, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceansAngel16 Click to send private message to OceansAngel16 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
Welcome to the board!

I agree with you that it seems cruel, but I guess I watch it because I think Matt is such a sweet guy.. And yes, he does act like the typical guy from Pittsburgh, I wanted to say that earlier but I didn't want to offend anyone since I'm not from there, I have good friends there though. I'm glad you said that though.. And I agree with what you say about the kind of person he is. I really hope he isn't crushed when he finds out this is all a joke

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
I think many of us like Matt - even when we're poking fun at all the things he does. It's not like we give the actors a free pass - we make fun of them too! That's what these boards are for.

Matt is a very average guy - that makes him relatable and empathetic and likeable. Sometimes I shake my head and wonder how he can't know, but honestly - I probably wouldn't know either.

If in that situation, I would have put my hands on a hooker and wrestled in the fat suit and made any number of inane comments too.(not that you will catch my ass on a reality show EVER)

It will suck for him (at least momentarily) when he finds out the truth, but he's gonna be fine. He'a just an average schmo and there is not a thing wrong with that. Even though he has looked ridiculous at times, I have liked him more and more as the series progressed - I'm not looking forward to him finding out - I dread it almost.

I just like the parody aspect of this show, but for that part to work - someone has to be the schmo. The producers are lucky they got someone as affable as Matt to be it.

I dig Matt - I hope he gets his house, his dog and his girl and his very own Dominos franchise too.

P.S. Welcome to the boards - hope you stick around!

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-16-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
it's much more fun to make fun of the actors, they have such thin skin. poor babys can't take a joke they would'nt last 5 mins at sucks, i guess glass houses.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
ditto what pooh said. i think most of us genuinely like the show, and like matt, and that's a very large part of why we make fun of it (just like the actors clearly like him, but laugh at some of the stuff he says and does)

welcome to the boards

Schmoron 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-23-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schmoron Click to send private message to Schmoron Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
The show "not being real" would be the last thing any of us would ever expect if we applied for a spot in a reality show. I wouldn't guess they are actors. Matt knows it is Spike TV's first attempt at a reality TV show like this, so he would be expecting some weird stuff to happen. The fact that he said "That producer guy seemed like an actor" was hilarious!! He is smart, but unsuspecting.

I love how he keeps the peace in the house, and how he gets along with everyone...He is so cool.

I can't wait to see what happens.....He will for sure be on a few talk shows, Letterman, Leno, etc...

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-16-03, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: People see awful Matt. "
Matt's a good guy. It's just virtually impossible to go on one of these shows without getting a lot of criticism from the shape of your body to the shoes you wear. I don't think he cares, he just wants a house and a girl that's a dog, or was that a girl in a dog house? Anyway, he seems to be faring well emotionally, so it should be interesting to hear why he was so pissed.

mm58 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mm58 Click to send private message to mm58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
this is only my second or third post too and i also do not watch many of the reality shows but have found myself addicted to this one. Because of how likable matt is and because of the sincere 'good intentions' he exhibits i find myself hoping he gets all that money in the end. if not i am going to be so pissed at whoever made this show. he deserves that money and all of it for being the 'butt' of their joke. thats the only way this show will gain respectability and compensate for the cruelty factor in the end. if, in the end, no one really wins that amount of money then to me they should not have done it to begin with. you are right this show is in a category unto itself and i feel a little like a 'peeping tom' watching this poor guy get fooled. but really he has been pretty true to his standards and has not really screwed anyone in the process...so many times he cheered for the underdog and stuck up for his friends...and did not really put the money first, so i sure hope after all that he gets the amount he has been reaching for and not some 'consolation' amount. he is indeed a likable guy.

LynneAndReef 17 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LynneAndReef Click to send private message to LynneAndReef Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
Yeah, I agree. I just started reading the message boards about the show on the MTV site, on the Real World Board, and I posted something about how much I liked Matt last night! Today, I searched and found this site, with a dedicated board for the Joe Schmo show. People have seemed to be pretty harsh when judging Matt. I really like him, and I think he is a really cool guy to give away such a nice prize to another "reality show" contestant. (He has no idea Dr. Pat is an actor) How many people would do that??

I posted because I hope Matt is reading and that he has a really good sense of humor so he will see himself through eyes like ours, NON-JUDGEMENTAL eyes. I love the show, and I also hope that Spike TV gives the money to Matt, cause that would be just WRONG not to!!

I don't feel that Matt has made an "ass" out of himself at all. We are only seeing ONE HOUR of the show!!! We don't get to see all that goes on that they don't show us on tape. How do we know what he could be reacting to? That is the beauty of reality TV.

Matt should be proud of himself. I will add also that I would eat any pizza he made, because I would know that the character of the person who made it is basically honest, kind, caring and generous. Go Matt. I am a cheerleader for you!!

P.S. The actors on the show are a riot too. Such great entertainment!!

"Good character is more to be praised than an outstanding talent. Most talents are, to some extent, a gift. Good character, by contrast, is not given to us. We have to build it piece by piece, by thought, choice, courage, and determination."
by John Luther

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-16-03, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
If you just look at Matt’s interactions with the men in the show, I would definitely agree that Matt is a nice, decent guy. He was very protected and considerate of “Kip”. He admired “Earl” and was upset when he left. He was compassionate for the “Hutch” when in theory the “Hutch” would have been voted out if “Dr. Pat” had not taken the money.

His interactions with the women however are a different story.
1. The very first thing that he did when he saw the women was to size them all up as potential sex partners. I do believe that all men do this, whether they are married or not, wonder what a cute or beautiful woman would be like as a sex partner. How many decent guys would size up whose women on TV, like Matt did in the first episode? I believe a decent guy would keep his lust to himself.
2. I believe that he was upset when “Ashleigh” told him that she was interested in “Ralph”. Just the evening before, he thought she was interested in him. I believe that is why he wanted to get her out of the house, not because she was trash talking "Molly". A decent guy would not have careless.
2. He (in my opinion) was very angry with “Dr. Pat” when he thought that she slept with the “Hutch". I believe that she dropped to “whore” status in his eyes. He gave her the trip out of obvious guilt, not kindness. If he had not hurt “Dr. Pat”, and Dr. Pat had talk about how she had always wanted to go to a Spa, then he gave her the trip, that is an act of kindness.
3. I am absolute amazed that he did not bat an eyelash at asking the girls to take their tops off (and so was the production crew). There is not a “decent guy” in the world that would ask a woman that he has known for less then 10 days to do this.
4. I am amazed that he was giving instructions to the girls on how to kiss. “Not just a peck”. A decent guy would not have even opened his mouth. (Why do guys like this????? Girls do not like to see two guys kissing.)
5. When the “model/hooker” was making fun of “Kip”, he correctly stood up for “Kip”. But then he said, “she is not even pretty”. Somebody please explain to me what you think that means. I thought that it meant that it would have been ok to make fun of “Kip” if the model had been pretty. (?)

You could argue that maybe his subconscious realizes that “Molly” is not a virgin. But whether or not a person is a virgin or not, or even worse a hooker, would a truly decent person treat them differently?

In my humble opinion, Matt treated all the guys the same. Whether he thought they were gay, an a$$hole, a father figure or a buddy, which is exactly what a decent person should do. The women however are just sex objects to him, not to be respected the same as the men.

I would like to hear you thoughts. I am very sorry if I have made anyone angry. I am not trying to do that. I am just trying to have a discussion to try to understand men better. If you are going to go on a reality show, people are going to talk about you.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-16-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "i agree"
i've only seen a few episodes, so I wasn't positive yet.
I'm glad you typed it all out. and I do think he was good in some ways (with the men). Unless sadly, his (perceived to us)views of women ARE what being a regular guy is about nowadays.

why does he think he would have a chance with ANY of the women?? that's what baffles me...

Evil Queen in Disguise

10-16-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Thanks for your Time"
"Unless sadly, his (perceived to us)views of women ARE what being a regular guy is about nowadays"

I really hope that this not true. It seems to me that we have alot of decent guys on this board. I hope that we will hear from some of the guys.

Deonna

Soft_Myst 6 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Soft_Myst Click to send private message to Soft_Myst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
hey Deona, -- I'm in agreement with many of your observations, but I feel that Matt (being sexist?) is fairly typical of men. Which is not to say that I think it is right but I think it is typical. Obviously Matt isn't perfect and needs to work on some stuff. I wonder if women were put in a controlled environment and told that certain men were wealthy, or hung, or loving ... would these women act differently toward each man? I believe the atmosphere of the show might have led Matt to be more casual about being sexist. ie, Hands on a Hooker Game ... (using a naked porn star). And no one else on the show acted like it was vile or offensive or even particularly upsetting. Matt has exhibited a desire to not offend anybody. He wants to be liked (as we all do) and seems to be a typical guy-next-door. Perhaps you've hit on some of the reasons he's not married yet. I think there's still hope for Matt, which is more than I can say for many guys.

10-16-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Thanks for your time"
"I wonder if women were put in a controlled environment and told that certain men were wealthy, or hung, or loving ... would these women act differently toward each man?"

I think that you are definitely right. Some women will act different, if they think a guy is rich verse poor. But the question is, is that women a decent and kind woman to all the other women around her? I think that a conniving women is mean to both men and women. A decent woman is decent to both men and women. Am I wrong?

Deonna

10-16-03, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceansAngel16 Click to send private message to OceansAngel16 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Thanks for your time"
No, you're not wrong, but sometimes women do tend to be more shallow than men. I know that at the high school I went to they were. If the guy is rich, they will be nicer to him than the poorer man. They may be nice to the one with less money, but it would probably be more of a pitty kindness.. Where as men tend to not care as much about the money women have, sometimes they even like her to have less than her so they can feel they are "caring for her"

A decent women is decent to both men and women.

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Thanks for your time"
Sorry, but I like to think most people eventually mature out of their "high school" behaviors.

dracosaur 8 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dracosaur Click to send private message to dracosaur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Thanks for your time"
>Sorry, but I like to think
>most people eventually mature out
>of their "high school" behaviors.
>

Unfortunately, 95% never do.

10-16-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LynneAndReef Click to send private message to LynneAndReef Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
SoftMist, I agree with you on all your very accurate observations. You brought out many good points.

I think he is a pretty nice guy for standing up for Dr. Pat when Hutch was bragging about her multiple "O's". Matt asked Hutch to stop, when other guys would have said "Tell us more"!!

Of course he wants to hook up with Ashleigh and Molly, what guy wouldn't.. He also wants to win $100,000.00 too. He has to walk a fine line, as no one else on the show is speaking out about anything really, they are all waiting for him to react. (It is a show created for him!) A lesser guy with lesser character and the show could get real ugly!!

When Ashleigh was talking about Molly, Matt stepped in and threw the truth right out there and said hash it out. When everyone was disgusted with Hutch, Matt stepped in and said, "hey, he is who he is and I am not going to stop talking to him because of it. He knows I think he can be an a--hole" I thought that was really cool. Matt also has consistenly voted off Ashleigh from the second show. (the very first show, he voted for Molly, and then Matt told her, being completely honest with her about it.)

Thats all except another quote, "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."

10-18-03, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
Women in a controlled environment. I'm laughing. Sounds like a female version - Joan Schmo. Hands on the high-priced giggilo anyone?

10-16-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
I agree with you, and i think by saying that "she is not even that good looking" he was trying to degrate her they way she was degrating Ki< What do strippers/models value? Their looks.[P>Since we don't see how he interacts with females outside of the house, we cant really say if he treats Molly differently than he treats others. YEsh he is mean to Ashliegh, but he does not like her very much.

And I think Matts girlfriend had broken up with him shortly before the show, so I don't know if the girls were just "sex objects" they way he said "hook up" made me wonder if he was interested in having something with them, even after the show. But generally, most men treat women differently than other guys.

Oh, and on the kissing thing, most men like girl on girl action, its a mans fantasy, because he might end up having two girls at one time..

10-16-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Thanks for you thoughts"
"he was trying to degrade her they way she was degrading Kip"

Thanks. I had no idea why he would say that.

"most men like girl on girl action, its a mans fantasy, because he might end up having two girls at one time"

I hate to ask, but why would men want a woman that likes women? If two women like each other that way, I can't believe that they would want to be with a man. That just does not make sense to me. I guess it is just a male fantasy? But why?

Thanks again
Deonna

10-16-03, 06:16 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Thanks for you thoughts"
You're welcome, and yeah, its a fantasy.. I had friends in school who had girls come up to them and go "Would you want to come and have some 'fun' with me while my boyfriend watches?" of course they used other words, but I wont post them here, because they seem rather rude...
Like it says in Hutchs profile on SpikeTVs website "lesbians are not homosexuals" many men feel that way.. There is also a hope in the mans mind though, that the women are bisexual and will include him in the action, kind of like the two girls in the second American Pie..

10-16-03, 06:25 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Thanks for you thoughts"
I guess the idea of being with a woman is to foreign for me to comprehend. Let alone being with a woman and a man at the same time.

Thanks,
Deonna

10-19-03, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Thanks for you thoughts"
Indulgence. Two slices of cake is better than one. But a sensible person would limit themselves to one. Hence, two slices remains a nice fantasy, but one a person would rarely indulge in.

10-19-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Thanks for you thoughts"
You are much better at analogies than “Kip”. The whole BMW thing didn't make any sense to me.

I can easily understand wanting two pieces of cake, but only eating one.

Thank-you,
Deonna

10-29-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dracosaur Click to send private message to dracosaur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Thanks for you thoughts"
>Indulgence. Two slices of cake is
>better than one. But a
>sensible person would limit themselves
>to one. Hence, two slices
>remains a nice fantasy, but
>one a person would rarely
>indulge in.

But what about those who burn the extra calories every day just to have that extra slice? They indulge more often. The analogy falls apart here...

Besides, I don't believe in stopping at two anyway. Muahahaha (if you don't get what I mean by that, I'm not explaining)

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Two pieces of cake"
Does this mean that one is a bundt cake and the other is a loaf cake? Or a twinkie and a donut for those who are "shape challenged".

Mmmmm, cake.

Survivor 7: Jon Drinks and Osten Bakes

10-29-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Thanks for you thoughts"
>"he was trying to degrade her
>they way she was degrading
>Kip"
>
>Thanks. I had no idea why
>he would say that.
>
>"most men like girl on girl
>action, its a mans fantasy,
>because he might end up
>having two girls at one
>time"
>
>I hate to ask, but why
>would men want a woman
>that likes women? If two
>women like each other that
>way, I can't believe that
>they would want to be
>with a man. That just
>does not make sense to
>me. I guess it is
>just a male fantasy? But
>why?
>
>Thanks again
>Deonna

You are obviously a straight woman, so you couldn't understand, and maybe that is just the way it should be.

Most men (like myself) don't think about gay women, but BI women...the doors that swing both ways. Being married to one, I can honestly say, it has its perks. I don't expect you to understand them, though, and in fact I don't think you should, because that is obviously not who you are.

(That's not a bad thing, in case you are reading this post the wrong way. I think everyone should be who they are, and accept others the way they are.)

10-31-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Thanks for you thoughts"
"Why would men want a woman that likes women?"

Because he can relate to the attraction. Most men are lesbians trapped inside a man's body!

"If two women like each other that way, I can't believe that they would want to be with a man."

Because they would rather have a live version vs latex prosthetics.

"You are obviously a straight woman, so you couldn't understand"

You don't have to be a gay woman to understand. She's probably just never had to 'go there' in her mind's eye before. It's a topic that takes getting used to, even if it is just a topic of speculation without action.

My 1.5 cents... I'm between paychecks!

Please don't edit me!
Please don't edit me!

Traces 103 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
I thought about all those same things that you brought up while watching the show. And as someone also mentioned I wanted to make a comment about Matt's previous relationship. Matt told Dr. Pat that his girlfriend broke up with him. And made previous statements about not wanting to get into it.

"Just hope she doesn't want me to hash out some of my stuff because she don't wanna know what comes out of here!(Maniacal laughter)"

So I think he has a lot of trust issues with women and was very hurt by one. It's very common after a break-up, not just with men but women also. That is why despite these flaws Matt displayed (like Matt telling Ashleigh it wasn't personal, when it obviously was), I still think Matt's a good guy! Because these flaws are human, and considering how upstanding he is in other areas I can imagine he was a lot less 'sexist' before the break-up. And hopefully he will find someone he can trust enough, and he will be able get over some of those issues. Hopefully we all can!

10-17-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Thank-you"
"So I think he has a lot of trust issues with women and was very hurt by one. It's very common after a break-up, not just with men but women also."

You are absolutely right. Trust is definitely an issue after a break-up, for both men and women.

Thanks for your thoughs.

Deonna

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-16-03, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
Deonna,

I'm glad you pointed this out. Although I love the show, and think Matt is generally good guy, I agree with what you said about how he views the women.

Matt has definitely been very nice to everyone. He really tries to get along with everyone, encourage them, etc, and is even nice to Hutch, even though he hates him. However, I wanted to hit him during that last episode when the former castmates were all asking the questions. When Dr. Pat asked who they would have played with as a child, Matt said something to the effect of "My horny inner child probably would have played with Molly." Now, a lot of guys out there would probably be thinking that, but who in their right mind says it out loud?? If you're trying to get a virgin to vote for you, how smart is is to tell her and everyone else in the room that you're horny for her?

I do think that nice as he is to everyone, he really doesn't show a lot of respect for the women.

10-16-03, 06:03 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
One from Pittsburgh would, guys from there tend to speak their minds more freely there, or atleast all the guys I know there do. Maybe its something in their water?

But, you have to give him credit for one thing about that statment: Atleast he is honnest about how he feels

10-16-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "

>Maybe
>its something in their water?

LOL.

>But, you have to give him
>credit for one thing about
>that statment: Atleast he is
>honnest about how he feels

True. I have noticed that about him.

But I still wanted to smack him for saying it.

10-16-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
LOL! I did to, in a way. I mean a childhood playmate.. What kind of "playmate" did he have in mind at being 4 or 5 years old? But I still found it funny he said it so openly

10-16-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
Oceans, about the Molly thing, he spoke his mind and was completely open and honest, like you said. I see nothing wrong with that. He said it in a cute, kind context too, not in one that was nasty or cruel. I can't wait for the next episode!!

10-16-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
Ot was kind of a cute context wasn't it? He tends to do a lot of things in a cute way.. I can't wait for the next episode either! the way he says "What is going on?" sounds really cute.. But then again. I'm rather odd

hellagirl 10 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-03, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hellagirl Click to send private message to hellagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
I totally agree that Matt does not respect women. Sure he's nice to the guys, but this guy needs to RESPECT women.

It was disgusting all the gross things he said. Yeah, a lot of guys would be thinking it, but decent guys wouldn't say it.

As a women, I would stay away from him.

Do you think when he knocked out Dr. Pat, that was because he was angry with her for sleeping with Hutch? If so, that kind of proves that he is a creep

10-31-03, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "Grace under pressure"
>I totally agree that Matt does not respect women. Sure
>he's nice to the guys, but this guy needs to RESPECT women.
>
You say he needs to RESPECT WOMEN like it's a felony if he doesn't.

Why can't he meet someone, show basic courtesy and see if they earn his respect? I don't respect everyone I meet, but I don't give any particular group a free pass.

Besides, if you watched the show you saw that he was friendly and pretty consistent with everyone there under some pretty stressful conditions. On the last episode they had a "love fest" celebrating how well he handled all of the strange things they did to him.

Let a camera follow you around 24/7 and see how you do.

Survivor 7: Jon Drinks and Osten Sinks

10-16-03, 06:20 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Baffled by his behavior "
"Thanks for your thoughts. I thought that the Hutch gave the best answer to Dr. Pat. “I would play with you, and I did.” *LOL*

Deonna

10-30-03, 10:50 PM (EST)
54. "Matt's Behavior - explained?"
The last thing I want to do is be a spokesperson for Matt/Joe, but these thoughts might be enlightening. (or they just might ignite a sh1tstorm of controvery... it's all a roll of the dice.)
Taking my life in my hands, here I go...

1. The very first thing that he did when he saw the women was to size them all up as potential sex partners.
Men do this. The good news is we stop doing it about one week after we die. Why did Matt verbalize it? Two reasons - a)because he says what he's thinking without a lot of filtering and b)reality show contestants are urged to verbalize everything they're thinking in real time. Think how boring these shows would be if everyone sat down and considered all of their options before they shot their mouths off!

2. I believe that is why he wanted to get her (Ashleigh)out of the house, not because she was trash talking "Molly". A decent guy would not have cared less.
I didn't watch every second of this, but from the flashbacks I believe Matt wanted her out because Ashleigh was bitchy (that was her role, after all)to everyone else and because her interest in "Ralph" would screw up the entire show (he thought).
>
>3. He (in my opinion) was very angry with “Dr. Pat” when he thought that she slept with the “Hutch". I believe that she dropped to “whore” status in his eyes. He gave her the trip out of obvious guilt, not kindness.
Perhaps Dr. Pat sleeping with Hutch threw Matt's "strategy" for a loop. Besides, Matt interviewed that he felt terrible that he plowed into Dr. Pat and she was hurt during the Sumo stunt. She talked about how much she wanted to go to the spa and he did it as an apology. The definition of kindness.

>4. I am absolute amazed that he did not bat an eyelash at asking the girls to take their tops off.
This was one of the choices presented to Matt by the "executive". Matt knew that the nudity would be "tiled out" in post-prodution. Also, by mentioning the topless request first, the kissing didn't seem so bad. Basic negotiating 101.

>5. I am amazed that he was giving instructions to the
>girls on how to kiss. “Not just a peck”. A decent guy would not have even opened his mouth.
Matt was afraid that if Molly and Ashleigh didn't give a convincing kiss, the "executive" would say that they hadn't held up their end of the deal. That would mean more gross food or another "stunt". He was trying to get it over with, and not drag it out.

>6. When the “model/hooker” was making fun of “Kip”, he correctly stood up for “Kip”. But then he said, “she is
not even pretty”.
Very attractive people in RL feel that they can behave badly and everyone will excuse them because they are "special". Matt was just saying that she was not above common courtesy.

I think Matt was a pretty good selection out of the gene pool. Reality shows and other extreme experiences bring people closer than day-to-day life. In the back of his mind he might have thought that he had a romantic shot with Ashleigh or Molly, but he was well-behaved at all times.

The show's stereotyped characters set “Molly” up as a religious virgin and Ashleigh as a b1tch. Matt was polite and a good friend to them in that context. He was also resonable with "Hutch" who's character was an obnoxious, wild card "sh1t-disturber".

Not bad for a self-described "simple" guy from Pittsburgh.
>
Now everyone can unload on me ... LOL

Survivor 7: Jon Drinks and Osten Sinks

11-01-03, 01:00 AM (EST)
58. "Dump truck or tractor trailer?"
Good points Roll.

I can live without the "sh!tstorm, but controversy is okay in small doses.

Please don't edit me!
Please don't edit me!

10-16-03, 06:58 PM (EST)
26. "RE: People seem awfully judgemental of Matt. "
"I kind of have the same outlook as Joe, I mean Matt. His lack of focus on winning the money may really just be his inner-self exhibiting his real nature, to value personal-interaction and other peoples well-being above the selfish pursuit of money.
I don't have a problem with that."

This was very well-said. I am not sure I commented on this particular statement in any previous post. It is a very good observation, and one that deserves repeating. Matt seems to value people, their feelings, and his experiences over the money as demonstrated when he gave up a trip to someone he only knew for a short time.
It is good to know you have the same outlook, malpaso, so that means there are two of you...LOL

10-16-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The money"
Please correct me if, I am wrong. I thought that Matt was waffling on the money. At times, he said the money was not important. Other times, for example when “Molly” asked him if he would give any money to charity, (I don’t remember his exact words) he politely said no. Also in his interviews, he seemed to be very interested in winning the money. He stated several time how it would change his life. Where as in front of the houseguests he stated the money was not important to him. I have no problem with anyone going after the money. I do have a problem with people pretend that the money is not important in front of other people, but them talking about how important it is when they are not around. Am I wrong? Did I hear wrong?

10-16-03, 08:23 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The money"
I think he said something like "where instead of 1 dollar, I'd be more inclined to put in a 5 or 10" for the salvation army outside of stores, he said he wouldn't give a lump sum to a charity though, kind of a little here and a little there... Can't blame the guy though, he doesn't want to live in his parents basement anymore.

But I agree with you, he shouldn't act like its important infront of the cameras when no one else is around, but as if it isnt when all the actors are there.. But I'm not sure if he said that it IS important, I thought he was just saying that it would be really helpful for him to turn his life around for the better

mm58 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mm58 Click to send private message to mm58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The money"
i took matt to mean that he was yes, interested in the money, he would not be in the game if the money were not important somehow, but he never really stabbed people in the back and broke alliances to get at the money. in other words there was a point that he would not go past which i respect. like siding with hutch against his friend, in the end he stuck to his friend. so yes i think he wants the money, but i also think there are things he would not do to get it. and really his standards on that are fairly reasonable. as far as how he treats and acts towards the women. i guess that sort of got past me because i expect that sort of behavior from some guys (not all but yes, many) and i do not think he was as out of line or obnoxious as some men would be. he is naive enough to voice things other men do not but i see that as sort of 'dim witted' rather than mean. he thinks it... so he says it. not that its ok to be a pig but he hasn't really done anything so bad that i hate him for it. yes, he did sell out the girls quick on the topless, kissing thing. and yes, there were some other incidents and attitudes i did not care for but all in all i do not think he was so bad. i honestly think he does not know any better then to just say stupid things...unless like many have speculated ...he is an actor also.

10-17-03, 10:57 AM (EST)
30. "RE: The money"
Welcome! Thanks for your thoughts!
Deonna

10-17-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
32. "RE: The money"
Yeah, mm58, (is that in the Keys?) We see the same Matt!! I will, of course, hate him if he is an actor and fooled me! But I am among those who strongly believe that "Joe don't know". We will see soon.

10-17-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
33. "RE: The money"
...but he never really stabbed people in the back and broke alliances to get at the money. in other words there was a point that he would not go past which i respect. like siding with hutch against his friend, in the end he stuck to his friend. so yes i think he wants the money, but i also think there are things he would not do to get it.

This is a very altruistic attitude, and this is what I believe, too. It'd be crazy of any of us to say we wouldn't want $100,000, however, being able to play the game fairly and value friendship over money is a quality in someone to be valued.

I know one of my earlier posts indicated that I thought Matt was a pig or something. This could not be further from the truth. I think Matt is awesome. He just makes me laugh and shake my head sometimes, because of some of the things he has the balls to say on camera.

10-17-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
31. "RE: The money"
When I say I think the money is not AS important to him as his experiences, that does not mean that the money is not important to him at all, (that would make him crazy!!) LOL He needs the money, for his wife, house, dog....but he made choices to be fair and honest throughout the show, thus placing winning the money second.

Matt has not played the game by scheming, and stabbing people in the back and saying later "it is just a game". The majority of reality show contestants do just that. Matt has kept his word and been honest to his friends. He has played the game humanely, not money-hungry. More simply, he has not done the things that people normally do when money is their main focus.

He stated truthfully what he would do with it if he won, stating that he would put a few extra dollars in the charity box, for instance, instead of the one or two that he normally puts in. A person desperate to win that money could easily have lied at that point "in the name of the game".

Anyway, I enjoy the show and I embrace the way Matt defends the underdog. I like that he is kind to all the actors whether they are "the ##### and the a--hole" or "the quack" and "the gay guy". I like that he is a typical "guy", even! His faults make him funny and human!! His evenness and kindness in his dealings with people, I think, will see him far in life. Can't wait for that last show!!! LOL

Traces 103 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: The money"
"I wanna house, a dog, and a girl."

Anyone seen the real-estate market lately? That boy needs every cent he can get. So greedy? No way!

ItsaRWafterAll 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItsaRWafterAll Click to send private message to ItsaRWafterAll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The money"
Yeah, he is definitely NOT a greedy guy! He should have not given that trip away! He is way too nice!

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-20-03, 05:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: The money"
And he wanted a dog before a girl. At least his priorities are straight!! LOL

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

Schmoron 18 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schmoron Click to send private message to Schmoron Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: The money"
Yeah, woeisme, I agree!!

RosieTX1 7 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RosieTX1 Click to send private message to RosieTX1 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: The money"
hell yeah! Dogs will remain loyal.... men and women too easily walk out.....

My 12 yo dog has lasted through two marriages including the one who was jealous of the dog (puh-leez) and tried to make me choose. "What? choose between you and My dog who's been with metwice as long as I've even known you? hhmmpf... well, I'll miss ya, but...."

---------------------------------
...uh... but i'm not from pittsburgh...

10-20-03, 10:42 PM (EST)
43. "Matt said he wasn't in it for the money?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-03 AT 10:43 PM (EST)

on the day that Ashleigh was booted, what's up with that? Why is he there then? Get real.

Matt goes into the confessional yet one more time!

10-20-03, 11:17 PM (EST)
44. "RE: $10k a DAY"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-03 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

***SORRY I made a mistake, the subject line should read:
"$1k a DAY"

Someone here posted a link to an ad on Spike TV's site from back in spring 2003 that sounds like it's a call for "Joes". Interesting part of the ad was that it said they would pay $10k just for participating and "playing along", with a chance for $100,000.

I find that "just play along" part VERY interesting.

He's getting paid... I wonder, do the actors know he's getting paid? This kinda makes me think he knows it's all fake, but that he's not an actor, and thus why he's so convincing as joe average. He's "playing along", like the ad calls for. And in the end the joke is on us, and on the actors.

I dunno man. I think this is testament to how brilliant this dumb idea really is, considering how it's got us debating this sort of nonsense. :-D

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-20-03, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: $10k a DAY"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-03 AT 11:30 PM (EST)

>Someone here posted a link to
>an ad on Spike TV's
>site from back in spring
>2003 that sounds like it's
>a call for "Joes". Interesting
>part of the ad was
>that it said they would
>pay $10k a DAY, with
>a chance for $100,000.
>
>ALSO particularly interesting was that they
>said something about how this
>person would just have to
>"play along".
>
>He's getting paid... I wonder, do
>the actors know he's getting
>paid? This kinda makes me
>think he knows it's all
>fake, but that he's not
>an actor, and thus why
>he's so convincing as joe
>average. He's "playing along", like
>the ad calls for.
thats a good thought but it would screw up the end though he would react like i get 10'000 a day anyway. but thats what it said. wait it did not say 100,000 a day it was 10,000 just walking in the door not per day

10-20-03, 11:26 PM (EST)
46. "RE: $1k a DAY"
I made a mistake. It's $10k in total just for participating.

10-21-03, 02:21 AM (EST)
47. "RE: $10k a DAY"
"considering how it's got us debating this sort of nonsense"

It's just speculating - it's like getting your bet in just before the horse flies out of the shoot.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •