URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 995
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"chilltowns behavior"

Posted by hammertimeman on 08-29-06 at 11:35 PM
they are fun but not anymore, every week they pick a person and say how great they are and a threat to everyone when they really aren't and they get what they want and everyone gets hurt. there losers the moneys not worth it to be that way.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: chilltowns behavior"
Posted by nailbone on 08-29-06 at 11:42 PM
That everyone gets hurt is the fault of themselves, not CT. It's a game, and everyone but CT forgets that.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by hammertimeman on 08-29-06 at 11:46 PM
its a game but its not. its real life. you dont go to church one day and then rob someone the next day. they said danniele is crazy , out of her mind... blah blah lies lies till they just get everyone to do what they want and sanity is lost, yea and chilltown will break up too when the backstab each other. but oh, its just a game?

Posted by nailbone on 08-29-06 at 11:55 PM
Yep, just a game. It's not church, it's a game. And in the end, there can only be one winner. So like they told Erika tonight, eventually she was gonna have to send Dani home anyway. And sending her home now is better than waiting, cuz Dani'd just as quickly send Erika home.

Posted by hammertimeman on 08-30-06 at 00:04 AM
shes being played by everyone. dan was her closest friend!!!! seriously, and also she has all fake alliances now cmon man, her real alliance was sent because of allthis stupid manipulation . and beleive me i didnt want daniele to win , but its just so wrong , its ucheyy ickey

Posted by hammertimeman on 08-30-06 at 00:06 AM
will manipulates himself hes that crazy, but all in all its good people its just messed up alot of the times

Posted by nailbone on 08-30-06 at 03:29 PM
dan was her closest friend!!!! seriously

And she STILL was gonna have to vote her out eventually in order to win.

Posted by Bob Tomato on 08-30-06 at 00:24 AM
It is only a game. It is NOT real life. Anyone going into that house expecting to be treated fairly, to be told the truth always or to find their soulmate is a fool.

If Will or Boogie turn on each other towards the end, they will each respect and understand the reasons for that choice. They are both playing a game. They are not looking for truth, or their soulmates. They are looking for $500K

And yes, a half million is more than enough to screw over a group of strangers.

Posted by hammertimeman on 08-30-06 at 00:33 AM
there is something off about the show, thats what im saying.
they are all saying that this season isnt as fun and its not worth the money for all the hurt they go thru. whatever thats what i gotta say.

Posted by Snidget on 08-30-06 at 06:38 AM
I'm not sure how this season is any different than any other season.

I mean Marcellus hated Danielle, absolutely hated her for what 4 years because of what happened his season.

Why is this season the one that thought to be causing bad feelings and hurt?

Every season someone forgets it is a game and wants to believe someone is their bestest friend forever and gets hurt. It isn't just Big Bother either, every show has the potential for people to feel betrayed or get hurt by the actions of others. Even when the peeps on the show are not in control of who goes home. That there is competition for a prize is going to cause tension and drama.

I guess every show should have everyone get to the end and share the prize every season so no one ever gets played or disappointed that they lost.

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-30-06 at 09:45 AM
That is what drives me crazy. Everyone forgets that this is a game. Yeah, feelings are going to get hurt but in the end, they all have to go so play the game. They need to separate the personal from the game. It's called a game show, it's regulated like a game show, these are all stars and know what they are in for. This is season 7 and they have had 6 prior season to see what happens. Anyone coming in here not knowing how the GAME is played, is just setting themselves up for hurt.
Cliche...don't hate the player, hate the game.

Fembots by Tribe: L.O.J. One for all and all for Janelle

Posted by chappi66 on 08-30-06 at 10:36 AM
>its a game but its not.
>its real life. you dont
>go to church one day
>and then rob someone the
>next day. they said danniele
>is crazy , out of
>her mind... blah blah lies
>lies till they just get
>everyone to do what they
>want and sanity is lost,
>yea and chilltown will break
>up too when the backstab
>each other. but oh, its
>just a game?

Oh my, where is Shakes when you need him.

Anyone who signed up for BB know EXACTLY what they are in for. It's not as if no one has ever seen this show before or have no clue what was going to happen. This is Big Brother, and not only that, it is Big Brother All Stars which means that every person who is on this show has already been on the show in a past season. They all knew exactly what they were getting themselves into when they signed up. It is a game show plain and simple. People are in this to win $500,000 and they are willing to to whatever they have to do to win. It is not real life. It is "reality" life, which in this case or in the case of every other reality TV show, it is far from real. People are cast for these shows based on their demeanor, attitude and their overall ability to interact with people (good or bad). Certain people are picked to do nothing but cause controversy. It is just all part of the GAME.

If you do not like they way the game is played, turn the channel. It is not like anyone is being forced to watch reality TV.

Posted by Estee on 08-30-06 at 10:41 AM
It is not like anyone is being forced to watch reality TV.

*raises hand*

Posted by bystander on 08-30-06 at 11:26 AM
Get back to your Tivo and rewatch episode 6 of The Will! We're still waiting for that summary!

Tribe did me in the sun!

Posted by chappi66 on 08-30-06 at 10:52 AM
>People are cast for these
>shows based on their demeanor,
>attitude and their overall ability
>to interact with people (good
>or bad). Certain people
>are picked to do nothing
>but cause controversy.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that Erika should know this better than anyone because she helps cast for Survivor.

Posted by hammertimeman on 08-30-06 at 08:52 PM
so just ignore it

Posted by jeffr on 08-30-06 at 11:02 AM
Just turn off your TV. You would be an emotional mess if you were in that house. Some people take it better than other. Just different personalities. I think it is great TV. All reallity is the same. That is why it is reallity. I don't care how many cameras are around, eventually they catch you at your best. HA

"DUMBEST. POST. EVER."
Posted by shakes the clown on 08-30-06 at 04:30 PM
Do I even need to explain.

Stop watching the show and go do back to 3rd grade and get an english lesson.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-30-06 at 06:21 PM
I can see where you are coming from Hammertimeman. It can be hard to separate feelings and emotions. The excuse of just a game is just that an excuse. The amount of emotional manipulation this season is much more than in season's past.

However, with that said, I think that Danielle's outburst was just that...emotional manipulation. I think she was trying to break Erika down with her "performance". I don't think she was drunk at all. I think she was acting. Doesn't seem to be part of her personality to get that hurt over something like this. If that is her strategy so be it..it's all good. If Erika hadn't have had Will in her ear it would have worked.

Also, I think that some of the manipulation by Will toward Janelle is not necessary and is beyond the scope of the game. I do feel sorry for her if it turns out that Dr. Will is only pretending.

Posted by Aruba on 08-30-06 at 07:09 PM
Actually I agree/disagree with both sides of the spectrum.
This is BB7, not BB1. Everyone who signed up knows what they potentially are getting into. And since this is "all-stars" they have all experienced BB before.
But as LIVEURBESTLIFE stated, for a HG to use "playing the game" as an excuse is just that. And a lame excuse no less. Call it a game show if you must, but the "reality" in Reality Show is sooner or later a HGs true colors will come out...and almost all the time it will be when the chips are down. Sure there may be a few intervals during their house stay when they can wear a false mask and be something they're not; but I don't care if you are the world's greatest actor/actress with a closet full of Academy Awards, you're not going to be able to pull it off 24 hours a day for as long as 90 days! It ain't happening.

So you can feel bad that there are nasty, deceitful and manipulative scoundrols that exist in our society, but please don't feel sorry for these particpants who are in the House under their own free will.

PS: Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings...but Danielle was drunk. Not uncontrollably sloppy drunk where she couldn't stand on her own two feet or put two coherent words together. But she was drunk.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-30-06 at 07:41 PM
Whether she was drunk or not is beside the point. I do think she was acting. She has pretended to be drunk before in the house.
So I know Dani can pretend to be drunk. The HG even commented on how little alcohol BB gave them that night.

But back to the main topic of the post, I actually agree with what you said. People can not hide their true selves for very long. But the negative parts of the HG's personalities are magnified 100 times because of the nature of the game. Plus, we only get to see them interact with other gamers. We don't get a balanced view of who they really are in the real world.

Obviously, they do things in the game that are hurtful, mean-spirited, and just plain wrong, but they all willingly and knowingly signed up for it. So you are right again nobody should feel sorry for them.

Posted by kazaam on 09-01-06 at 03:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-06 AT 04:16 AM (EST)

By saying its just a game are people saying its not real? There is nothing staged or fake about this show. Competition for hoh,real,pov,real,backstabbing,real,lying,real,betrayal,real. People are "equally" hurt on this show as they would be if they were not and this stuff still happened. Thus making the "its just a game" statement pointless. And you guys are compairing it to just another game show? That's funny I have never seen any backstabbing, lying, or betraying on wheel of fortune or jeopardy.
You people are so silly.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-30-06 at 07:24 PM
I don't think that the emotional manipulation on BB All Stars is any different from past seasons. Drew manipulated Diane and rode her coattails all the way to the final 2. Diane was very hurt when she was evicted by the person she trusted the most. That's the price you pay when you trust people in a game where manipulation and backstabbing are winning strategies. Maggie did it as well last year by intimidating all of her sheep into sticking to their alliance or they would lose the jury votes. It worked. There were fleeting instances when it seemed like the Fiendship would turn against itself, but Maggot was very skillful at putting out the fires and isolating her minions from the influence of the Sovereigns. And, that's just two seasons. Manipulation has always been a essential part of BB and someone always gets their feelings hurt. It's the nature of the game.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-30-06 at 07:43 PM
I just said it was more of it. I didn't say it never existed.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-31-06 at 03:59 PM
That's my whole point. I don't think it's more this season than any of the others. It's the same amount, just portrayed differently.

Posted by hammertimeman on 08-31-06 at 12:20 PM
thanks, danielle is very hurt

Posted by Breezy on 08-31-06 at 12:25 PM
Hurt? Doubt it. Upset that she's getting played right out the door? Yes.

It's a game!

Posted by hammertimeman on 08-31-06 at 12:28 PM
Hurt

"Danielle's hurt feelings"
Posted by michel on 08-31-06 at 01:18 PM
The woman was responsible for creating "The Legion of Doom". Was that to spread goodwill in the house? She plotted against and hurt people herself. Now she's hurt simply because she didn't inflict the last pain. I say she deserved it and the way it was done was mischievous brilliance!

The problem with players is that they forget they have to play against even their friends. Then they get hurt because their friends knew how to play a better game. The problem with viewers is they love some and hate others. I liked Danielle because she was an active, determined player. She had a gameplan that was nice to watch. It was even better to see that someone else had a superior gameplan to beat hers.

It isn't real life and the best players do not try to hide who they are 24/7. They simply follow a gameplan that fits the rules of engagement.

"RE: Danielle's hurt feelings"
Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-31-06 at 04:23 PM
I really don't see Dani's departure as her getting played. Erika is being manipulated by CT and doesn't even have the sense God gave her to know it. Erika thinks she is doing what is necessary when in actuality she isn't doing what's good for her she is doing what is good for Will. Erika is being played. Dani's eviction is a byproduct of that.

I think Dani would have behaved differently if CT or Janie had nominated her. She knows she can't trust them. But Erika looked her in her face and said you are safe. True people lie in the game but you have to trust someone at sometime. Erika could have easily put up CT. She had other choices for the block and strategically now is not the time to kick out your friends.

Erika is playing a very bad game. She doesn't even realize that if she were to go to F2 she wouldn't win against Janie, Will and probably not even against CG. And it would be a close vote between her and Boogie. She hasn't done jack in this game. I give CG more respect as a player than her because at least he has won a couple of comps and made some decisions on his own. She threw a comp to Dani so she wouldn't have to take the heat for noms.

I can't wait til she gets her comeupance. She is going to chit a brick when she finds out about the LOD, that CT is working with Jani and that CG is about to get his CT membership card for F3.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-31-06 at 06:04 PM
I agree with you that Erika is getting played by CT, but so did Danielle. CT have done absolutelly nothing to give Danielle a sense of security. CT threw two veto ceremonies to help out Janelle and Danielle still believe that Legion of Dumb was a done deal. Danielle got played because she trusted CT in targetting Janelle when in reality they were targetting James and lying to her about it.

Posted by tamarama on 08-31-06 at 06:06 PM
CT also threw a couple of vetos Danielle's way -- remember the one with past hamsters? And I think there was something else, though my memory is failing me.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-31-06 at 07:35 PM
I know they did, but none of CT's actions in favor of Danielle (or any other houseguest) were a display of loyalty. It was always for their own benefit. My point is that CT has been playing everyone in that house, Danielle is no exception. Has she been suspcious of them? Absolutelly. But, she aligned with them anyway. Why would you put your gameplay in the hands of people that you know are liars and manipulators?

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-31-06 at 10:14 PM
Danielle didn't trust CT. She knew the LOD was nonexistent. Sure she got played but she only got played because of Erika's stupidity not thru her own choices. Will knew that she was gunning for him. So he got rid of her before she could get rid of him.

Posted by michel on 08-31-06 at 06:20 PM
I didn't say Danielle got played by Will but that she was Outplayed! The difference may be subtle but it is there. Danielle wanted to do the dirty work and eliminate all her threats, Will got someone else to do his. That the designated hitter happened to be Danielle's best friend shows the genius of the move.

Posted by nazpink on 09-01-06 at 03:01 PM
Honestly, I don't think anyone really leaves this game feeling truly deeply hurt, at least they don't act it. I'm sure it may have hurt Danielle's feelings a little bit that Erika went against her but she got over it quick. I think it's more of a feeling of disappointment, which who can really blame? I agree Michel, Danielle was no saint herself, so she's in no better of a position to talk about betrayel.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-31-06 at 03:57 PM
You may wanna give Danielle more credit than that. As much as I believe that she played stupidly the past couple of weeks, I think Dani is smarter and more savvy than allowing herself to be hurt over a game. She might be a sore loser, but I don't think she's emotionally hurt by any of this. Being a player herself, I'm sure Dani understand the collateral damage in a game like Big Brother.

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-31-06 at 12:58 PM
Yep. I'm with ya, Breezy. She got played like a fiddle. Like or hate the game, it's just that, a game.

Fembots by Tribe: L.O.J. One for all and all for Janelle

Posted by kazaam on 09-01-06 at 03:58 AM
"Hurt" and "upset" are two different things? Wow, now I've heard it all.

Posted by Snidget on 09-01-06 at 07:52 AM
Wow, you have never been hurt by something, deeply wounded by it but not really upset by it?

Or been upset over something that didn't really hurt but you got all worked up because of other things that really weren't hurt?

For me hurt and upset are two different things. Yes, they often come together but they are not totally linked where they mean the exact same thing and feel the exact same way.

Posted by kazaam on 09-04-06 at 02:24 AM
Hurt is a branch of upset. Just like pink is a type of "color",hurt is a type of "upset". It's pretty simple. This is the fourth time you have spoken out against me. Did I do something to do? Do you not like me? That's why I was'nt suprised to see you here when I came back after a few days. By the way how do you say your screen name? Just curious.

"The Bashers Forum"
Posted by IceCat on 09-04-06 at 02:32 AM

... is for talking about the contestants not talking about fellow posters. Everyone, please remember that.

Posted by Snidget on 09-04-06 at 06:34 AM
I didn't realize I was not allowed to disagree with you.

Disagreeing with you has nothing to do with me liking or not liking you.

I pronounce the screen like this Snid-jit

Posted by kazaam on 09-01-06 at 04:14 AM
This show isn't about strategy it's about who can lie the most. Whoever lies the most wins. Hey let's all join in, anybody can play this. In fact why not bring in the whole family. I bet my little counsin who's in the 3rd grade can do this too. This is fun. Weeee!!!!

Posted by xrctmike on 09-01-06 at 02:43 PM
Let me tell you all just how much i cant stand either of those arrogant cocky fools from "CHILL TOWN". But I really hope one of them wins--I can't believe all the so-called ALLSTARS that have been HOH allowed themselves to be played so badly, and none of them had the sense to have Boogie or Will evicted. BB hit the nail on the head when they called Will the master puppeteer. I've watched 6 and a half years of BB but did'nt even turn it on Thursday night--I'M DONE.

Posted by nazpink on 09-01-06 at 02:57 PM
It is just a game, the reason for people having a hard time viewing it as just a game is for the simple fact that the game pieces are people. Of course some of the things that these contestants go through is not nice nor is it fun but in this day in age I think it would be quite ridiculous (not naive) for people to go into a reality show game and not expect these situations.

I'm sure Danielle's feelings were hurt but only because these people have had a chance to get to know one another on a personal non-game level, which is why I think Allstars should be done away with because people play too personally rather than strategically. But, Danielle also seemed over it by the time her eviction came around.

There's alot of money on the line and the title so people are going to lie and anyone who completely trusts someone in a setting as this shouldn't have signed up to began with.