URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 985
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gretchen/Patrick"

Posted by sittem on 04-13-05 at 11:35 AM
Did anyone else have the thought last night that Gretchen may be Patrick's real mother? Her whiney b*tching is starting to grate on me and I suddenly realized that she and Patrick see the world through the same lens. They deserve each other (and poor old clueless Meredith could live out his life in peace if G could just complain and commiserate with P all the time).

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gretchen/Patrick"
Posted by ginger on 04-13-05 at 12:02 PM
Some people need a "goad" to get them through life. Remember Hayden and Aaron from last year? Give them another forty years, and you'll have Gretchen and Meredith.

Posted by Mr Canuck on 04-13-05 at 12:06 PM
Oh, the horror!

Hopefully I won't start bitchin' Like that when I get older. It would have been funny if Meredith (his parents musta loved him...or they really wanted a girl) started taunting his wife during the box task.
"Why don't you quit honey... we'll take the 4 hour penalty"... Not that it will make a difference in the grand scheme of things

OOOOOOOOO, I just though of something... what happens if you quit and you're the last team... does the 4 hour penalty start right away?

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-13-05 at 03:10 PM
Meredith (his parents musta loved him...or they really wanted a girl)

Or he was born when the name Meredith was still a boy's name (well, I think it might have made the crossover before TAR Meredith was born, but he's probably a junior)

Meredith (along with hundreds of names now commonly associated with being "girls' names": Ashley, Vivian, etc.) was a boy's name first.

Got blog?

Posted by ginger on 04-13-05 at 05:12 PM
Yeah, Marion was John Wayne's real name. But I'd think twice before naming my baby boy "Marion."

Remember the lyrics to Johnny Cash's "Boy Named Sue"?

Posted by packrat on 04-13-05 at 05:44 PM
And by that same token, I'd never name a daughter of mine Taylor, Morgan, Hayden, etc. When my youngest G-Daughter was born, I didn't like her parents naming her Ashley. All I could think of was Ashley Wilkes in 'Gone with the Wind'.

Posted by ginger on 04-13-05 at 06:49 PM
I know a lot of little Sloanes right now. I think that sounds like a guy. A guy who looks like Greg Marmalade from Animal House.

Of course, Ashley Wilkes was a tad girlie, himself.

Posted by Femme on 04-13-05 at 02:27 PM
I found her whining to be so annoying in episode 2 that I have been hoping that they were the next eliminated for several of the next episodes. I cannot fathom having to listen to her moan and complain would be at all bearable for anyone involved with the production and execution of this, the contestants, or poor us the viewers.

Then, they started getting the more favorable edit, or maybe she had taken some of her limited supply of Prozac, but I started hoping for them to rally.

Last night, evil Gretchen came back out again, and I am over my recent fondness.

Just. Go. Away.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

"Agree"
Posted by AyaK on 04-13-05 at 05:32 PM
>Just. Go. Away.

And. Soon.

Next episode will do.

Like IceCat, I believe they turned this into a "super-episode" because they didn't want to impose the last-place non-elim penalty on M&G again. But I don't think it was due to kindness. I think it was because the crew didn't want to spend an entire 12-hour pit stop listening to her whine, whine, whine.

Posted by lovwigglesworth on 04-13-05 at 04:51 PM
Patrick never bothered me until right before they were eliminated. His Mom must have felt like she was back with a toddler throwing a fit in the checkout line, the big baby.
But Gretchen is annoying.
How many other people were yelling at there TV last night. "you actually have to look in the boxes instead of complain at them to find a clue!"
Meredith seems like a cool guy, though, must have patience of steel.

Posted by Dakota on 04-13-05 at 11:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 11:35 PM (EST)

She whines even when things are ok. She's just whiney. Drives me nuts. I want to slap her. But I wouldn't. I think I'll slap Kelly instead.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Posted by HistoryDetective on 04-14-05 at 05:50 PM
Can I get in line for some of that action?

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

Posted by KLinDC on 04-15-05 at 09:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-05 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

I'd rather slap Ron for not yielding Rob.

Posted by RocketAudy on 04-14-05 at 01:19 PM
I can only imagine that most people on this board are far away from Merideth and Grethen age and don't realize how AWESOME M&G are for getting as far as they have against people half their age. In other words, Gretchen can whine as irritatingly as she wants because she has kicked a_s and EARNED IT!

It's an insult to Gretchen's awesomeness to compare her to that little weasel Patrick, who has no reason to be the sniveling, self possessed little pr__k that he is. Gretchen may moan a bit, but she knows what a great opportunity she has received. I don't think she sees the world through a negative lens at all. She is amazed by the world she's seeing and is grateful to the locals and racers who help her. Patrick, on the other hand, was too busy feeling sorry for himself (and snipping at his mother for not feeling sorry for him) to enjoy the race and get things done.

Posted by sittem on 04-14-05 at 01:40 PM
RA - sorry to offend, but this area is, after all, Bashers.

I don't often post in Bashers because I usually like to look at the positive side of things, so I hang out at Fanatics. I was just struck on Tuesday night by how "difficult" I perceived Gretchen's attitude was and how she seemed to be giving up on searching the boxes.

Sorry, I can't buy the old age stuff. I'm only a few years younger than MG - soon I'll be looking backward on the 50's. So, I'm always predisposed to like the old folks. AND, MG have been awesome in surviving. They're still my third favorite team and I'd love to see them still racing to the finish line. But, Gretchen is getting on my nerves and on Tuesday night her attitude REMINDED me of Patrick.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by RocketAudy on 04-14-05 at 01:54 PM
>RA - sorry to offend, but >this area is, after all, Bashers.

Oh, you didn't offend me AT ALL! I was just disagreeing, maybe I came on too strong. It's one of the reasons I don't read Bashers that often either. All the attacks on my favs make me want to respond. (I too try to look at the positive, someday when Season 3 comes out on DVD I'll post my impassioned defense of Flo.)

Gretchen and her worrying reminds me so much of other older ladies I've known. It just makes her seem more REAL and in turn more amazing that she's still around.

Posted by Dakota on 04-14-05 at 03:05 PM
>RA - sorry to offend, but
>this area is, after all,
>Bashers.

I've used that argument. It didn't go well.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Posted by trudy on 04-15-05 at 09:53 AM
Rather than Gretchen I think Patrick will be totally like Lynn when he gets older. Constant snide and rude remarks under the guise of "wit" and complain, complain, complain.