URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 983
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Be the Amazing Racer 7.8"

Posted by Seana on 04-13-05 at 10:01 AM
So, everyone enjoying the sights here in Lucknow? These buildings all have people in them, so they must be architechurally sound, right?

Was Amber the only one to notice the wording on the clue was different? Those wily TAR producers...that was some twist! I had been wondering how they were going to stretch this out. You can only have so many non-elims, and there are only 5 teams left, after all. Yes, let's prolong Meredith's agony. Oh all right, I suppose Gretchen has it pretty bad too.

Were the Detour and Roadblock kinda dull this week or is it just me? Wait...I mean, um...the challenges here on the Amazing Race are always exciting! Looking in boxes! Serving tea! Yeah!

So, Rob and Amber are the only ones who know about our little "To Be Continued" trick. I just can't wait to see everyone else's face when they hit the mat and it's just me, no native person in a native outfit to welcome them. Hee hee.

Joyce is on vacation. Lynn is still on vacation.
Anyone can post as a non-character or M/G or Alex.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.8"
Posted by kvasir on 04-13-05 at 10:54 AM
well it seems that Amber was the only one noticed the wording on the clue maybe from editing. Other teams may have noticed but we may never know. It was probably put in as some kind of foreshadowing.

I thought the challenges were pretty good. I'd think the tea task was hard and was surprised that none of the teams realised how hard it would be to run around the building looking for someone and asking for directions from people who may or may not speak english. Especially with transliterated Hindu names, the way the teams could pronounce them may put some of them behind.

I would choose the coal task if it was me. It probably also shows non of the remaining teams feel confident enough in the strength department, which is probably true. If the brothers are still in the race they would probably pick the coal task.

The steel box strangely recall the hay bale episode in Sweden last season. When you don't have luck and a system you'd be put back way behind the pack.

Posted by Seana on 04-13-05 at 11:20 AM
Welcome to the boards, kvasir!

I was also reminded of the hay bale task from last season and wondered how long Phil (um, I mean *I*) would let Gretchen continue searching.

This thread is for folks playing our Be the Racer game. I explain the rules here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/888.shtml

Wanna play? My Uchenna has disappeared and Meredith and Gretchen are still free. Or, you could post as those people who thought M/G must be famous and wanted their autographs, or the owner of the tea place who thought Uchenna looked tired, sir.

Posted by kvasir on 04-13-05 at 03:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

Sorry.... must be my Alzimer kicking in.... forgot to look at the clues like we did in Botswana.

Ayai yai, now we know where all the cabies come from... shame on them!! trying to scam us. Don't they know we are in a hurry!?!? Where's my senior discount!!?!?

Gosh i hate that silly head dress.... i couldn't wait to trash it the second we step out of the palace.

Ah i can't believe it I had the worst luck today. Those steel boxes do look like little coffins don't they? I thought I was gonna have to look through every single one of them for 8 hours!!! My goodness.

I bet that one guy was trying to get tips from us showing us to the Detour. We knew he meant well but like flies we just couldn't get rid of him. Speaking of flies, what's the deal with the crowd? We were glad the police was in full force keeping a clear line of path to our next clue. I mean pretty obvious when the street was lined with ppl and the path was marked by police!

God, i loved the children screaming for us, they are so adorable.... and all the people must've thought we were the king and queen of England. Oh wait... maybe they were trying to pickpocket.... why didn't i think of that?

Sorry i'm rambling....

"Welcome, Gretchen!"
Posted by Seana on 04-13-05 at 04:31 PM
Here you go:

Select "Reply with Quote" to get the URL for your sig. Thanks for playing!

Sorry about the horrifying mental image.

Posted by seahorse on 04-13-05 at 11:50 AM
Phil is getting tired of giving us trips at the pitstop, so he put in a To Be Continued when he realized we would be the first to arrive.

Posted by Seana on 04-13-05 at 11:23 PM
*weird raised eyebrow wiggle* I fooled you. Hee hee. Here, have a clue.

Oh, and hey...did I mentioned our new segment? It's called "Your Own Words Come Back to Bite You in the Ass". First up, Lynn and Alex get to ride camels! We'll get some chickens too, and maybe dig up Tupac. So everyone, watch what you say! Bwa ha ha ha...

Too bad Susan and Patrick didn't last longer. Camels spit, too.

Posted by CwazyWabbit on 04-14-05 at 02:21 AM
Hey, Hun! I got a clue! I got a clue!...

....so what are we looking for here?

Don't I make a good tea cup holder? It is so all you, hun!

Posted by MissMyth on 04-13-05 at 12:33 PM
See, Ron and I had a long talk and I explained how "no account redneck trash" is just my little pet name for him. And see how well we're working together now? I even compromised by letting him have his way about the rickshaw and I didn't shove him in one of those tin trunks after he decided not to yield Romber. I think I'm getting this "Kelly is love" thing down. But the next time Amber beats me out in a challenge I am going to drop kick her skinny butt into the nearest canal.

Posted by warp_core breach on 04-13-05 at 04:20 PM
What the'f!!!???

The oldsters are really starting to get on my nerves! I was so looking forward to Phil philiminating their a$$es! Seriously, Phil, you're pissing me off! How can you allow your show to be over-run by the geriatric crowd? Things better improve, Phil, or else I'll have no choice but to drop your a$$ and the same goes to Bruckheimer!

I hate old people.

Posted by kvasir on 04-13-05 at 04:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

ah... you youngsters.. just can't get over it.

Lemme give you a piece of motherly advice: Don't forget your vegetables! Especially corn.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 04-14-05 at 08:36 AM
My tea is cold. Stupid Americans.

Posted by Scuba Steve on 04-14-05 at 08:59 AM
Boy, am I stupid. Why didn't I yield Romber? I must have gotten the brothers' brains.

Or maybe it's because I'm still with Kelly.

Posted by seahorse on 04-14-05 at 09:56 AM
Don't worry, you know I can think for both of our teams. Just listen to me.

Posted by LibraRising on 04-17-05 at 01:14 AM
Even though my "spokesman" is on vacation this week, I had to pop in to ask a quick question: Was I on the show this week? Really, I'm having trouble remembering.

I kind of remember holding some cups of tea and talking to Lynn outside the airport. I think I might've squealed once or twice. Other than that, it's all a little fuzzy.

Damn you, Lynn, Gretchen and Rob. You all need to be philiminated now so you can stop pulling the attention away from the true star of the show -- moi.

*Sigh* Just call me Vecepia.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 04-17-05 at 01:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-05 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

"I love to Singh-a . . . in the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a . . ." Alex, the last time I saw this many Singhs was when we went to the DC Gay Men's Chorus! Oh, that's "singers", but close enough.

Hey . . . you gotta admit that "Amberexia" comment was a winner, right? And how about the way Rob wouldn't share any info with us? Selfish toad! Well, we didn't share any info with him either! And we went and got our own plane flight which got into Lucknow, um . . . 15minuteslater.

BTW, good job getting those logs out of the way back in Botswana. Always knew you were good at something besides parking . . . *ahem*.

Now let's get to Phil and the pit stop! I so want this leg to be OVER!

ETA: Back from vacation. And hi, Gretchen!