URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 980
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Smells: M & G"

Posted by AyaK on 04-11-05 at 07:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-05 AT 09:47 PM (EST)

Here we are, out in the middle of the African bush. No hotels. No showers. No time. Meredith and Gretchen have barely staved off elimination for three straight episodes. They have no changes of clothes. No toiletries. They are 69 and 66, respectively. So ....

What do you suppose that the two of them smell like right now? Goats? A nursing home? A couple of street bums, exuding all the stale foul odors that can soak in when you're outside? Or, worst of all, do you suppose they smell like the street stench of urban India?

Hey, maybe that's why they get the "standing O" when they participate in the "bikeshaw" race in India -- they smell like they belong!

Supporting old-school bashing since 2000.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"They smell of cabbage"
Posted by IceCat on 04-11-05 at 08:00 PM
... and they have little hands.

Well they sure look like carny folk, anyway.

"RE: Smells: M & G"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-11-05 at 08:04 PM
Well, according to my 13 year old... all old people smell, even if they are bathed!

I would bet they are smelling pretty darn bad by now even if they provide showers with soap at the pit stops because they still have to wear the same stinky clothes.

Posted by LibraRising on 04-11-05 at 08:19 PM
They smell like Scott Savol!

Actually, I'd imagine the smell's got to be getting pretty bad. When Phil took their bags, they also lost their box of Depends, so they've had to keep the same pair on ever since.

old-school bashing=good

Bow before the evil queen
How dare you insects come after ME!

Posted by seahorse on 04-11-05 at 08:49 PM
That's not nice.

Although it could be true.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by trudy on 04-11-05 at 10:54 PM
Lynn thinks they smell like "new money" Alex thinks they smell like "Devil spawn" Oh wait, wrong team.

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-12-05 at 07:32 AM
LOL! Funny!

"*bows humbly at the master's feet*"
Posted by Bebo on 04-11-05 at 11:17 PM
This? Is why I will never win Moderator of the Year.

Ben Gay + goat's milk + blood + mud. I am just so grateful this isn't a Trump show, or this would be out on the market.

Can't believe I didn't have to triple dog dare. You are SO easy.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

"RE: *bows humbly at the master's feet*"
Posted by ginger on 04-13-05 at 11:05 AM
On a pizza, yet.

This was a really yummy thresd to open just prior to breakfast. Thanks!

Posted by Femme on 04-12-05 at 00:10 AM
If black licorice became moldy, then that's what they would smell like.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

Posted by kvasir on 04-12-05 at 07:25 AM
why don't each eliminated teams give M&G something. Not like they are gonna need it. Maybe they have, who knows.

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-12-05 at 07:31 AM

Maybe. I'm not sure what the rules would say about an eliminated team helping a team still in the race.

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-12-05 at 07:28 AM

Metamucil, aspargus pee, and freshly milked goats.

I was also thinking that without their bags, they have no hair gel. Poor Gretch she's going to be in a tizzy over Meredith's fly away hair. I think it could slow them down.

Posted by mrc on 04-12-05 at 08:11 AM
My question is: when did we become so concerned about what reality TV folks smell like? That's just gross!

A Nefarious Dice Creation
Ewwwwww!

Posted by Surveysez on 04-12-05 at 10:09 AM
When we realized "Smell-o-vision" is just around the corner. Call your cable company and demand access to "Smell-o-vision"!

I think they would smell just like my grandma's house used to.

Posted by Seana on 04-12-05 at 10:16 AM
That was an old SCTV bit, wasn't it?

There was also a show years ago with Queen Latifah in it, where they sold little bottles and you were supposed to spray them when you saw the little icon on TV during the show.

To keep on topic, I imagine they smell like goats, old stale sweat and dirt. You know, in their place I think I would keep that whole smell thing in mind when choosing detours.

Can you smell what Meredith and Gretchen are cooking?

Posted by Surveysez on 04-12-05 at 11:34 AM
Yes

I think fish and cabbage are involved.

"Smell-o-vision"
Posted by Molaholic on 04-16-05 at 04:49 PM
Just to remind -- the origin of the term "smell-o-vision" predates SCTV and Queen Latifa.
There was an old Bugs Bunny cartoon, circa 1950; while chasing that wasskley wabbit, Elmer ends up sleeping Rip Van Winkle-esque under a tree and awakens 100 years later. He sees a newspaper with the headline Smell-o-vision replaces Television!
Just a brief Bugs history lesson. Class dismissed, doc.

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Now siggie-comment free!

Posted by kvasir on 04-12-05 at 11:55 PM
Seems like they don't stink no more. From the beginning of tonight's episode (12/4/05) Looks like they've been treated very well at this lodge in Botswana at the pit stop.

Posted by choochoo on 04-14-05 at 01:33 AM
The old folks get a break, as the "smells" of India overpower any geriatric BO.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-13-05 at 06:40 AM
That smell? Is of Gretchen peeing her pants and the scent of fear seeping out of the cuts and bruises on her face while trying to get through the roadblock and opening all these aluminum boxes.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

"RE: I've often wondered..."
Posted by warp_core breach on 04-13-05 at 10:26 AM
M/G are the extreme, but the other racers won't be smelling that great either considering that they can only pack a limited number of clothing in their packs. How many times are we going to see Kelly in that unflattering halter top? Anyway, could there be laundry facilities at the pit stops (except the desert of course). What else are you going to do for 12 hours? And what about the really messy stunts? Would you really want to stuff a mud-caked shirt into a backpack? It would seem to me that the racers' clothing is in pretty pristine condition considering.

Posted by Swami on 04-13-05 at 11:35 AM
All old people smell like pee. It's in the AARP contract--you have to smell like pee to get the discounts.

Meredith probably dribbles a lot, and Gretchen can't shower her privates unless there are those grippy-bars built into the wall -- what if she falls? I'm guessing she goes unwashed most all the time. Jeez--she's even starting to get permanent dirt-scab-thingies on her face.

Where's a Survivor-style swim challenge when you need one? Diving for clues in a submerged trunk would clean the oldies up nicely, especially if someone accidently dumped too much chlorine into the pool.

Posted by TARugh on 04-14-05 at 00:05 AM
Wow - Oh so similar to my "What does Scott smell like" post on the American Idol individual forum. I'm glad to see the "scent" factor making its way into El Basho Forumo's.

Hmm...Gretchen and Merideth. First off, it CAN'T be pretty. The salt pan prior to M and D arriving was full of life. It was actually a green fertile valley playing host to over 20 endangered species and plants that held the cure for both cancer and flesh eating bacterias.

Once M/G came within 500 nautical miles of this valley, everything withered away. Green became brown, animals became bones, and even the walls that the beds were in melted away.

That's a funk.

The scent could be defined as: 90 day old kimchee with a dash of dirty sock, 4 cups of Scott Savol sweat, the breath of a sex perv with a dung eating fetish, and the town of Trona, California. Heat to 450F, complain, and serve M and G on a stick.

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-14-05 at 07:37 AM
Oh no, poor Rob has such a sensitive stomach.
So that isn't a smirk we see when Rob is around the other teams, it's just him trying to hold back some throw-up in his mouth.

Posted by TARugh on 04-16-05 at 06:20 AM
I guess now we can add the scent of an Argentine BBQ backed up toilet with the fu fu of Rob's vomit.

Hmm...this may actually be an improvement to the funk de Old.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-16-05 at 08:44 AM
Actually, I think you've just hit the nail on the head... The other contestants' smells are like a cattle prod to get Rob to finish his tasks so quickly so he could get the hell away from them and consistently finish first instead of being downwind from another team's ass.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Posted by bystander on 04-14-05 at 12:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-05 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

ROTFLMAO! You guys are hilarious. Very descriptive of the smells. Can almost smell them through the TV now.

My favorite comment was the one about Phil taking their depends and having to wear the same one over and over. Too funny!