URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID106
Thread Number: 98
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"

Posted by TomServo on 04-02-08 at 02:43 PM
Having just watched the first "team" get eliminated, I'm positively annoyed by the changes made this season. What sucks?

1. The awful new quiz-show buzzer elimination method. This is just plain *terrible*. To my recollection, *every* person voted off to this point (in the case of the team, the beauty) failed to buzz in at all during their quiz. It's pretty clear that you have to be quick on the buzzer, a whole lot LESS clear how much the losers have learned from the experience. The new method just makes the losers look like total dolts, instead of showing how much the contestants have learned (or not learned) during their stay. Awful. Ashton needs a knee in the groin for letting this stupid change happen.

2. No casting episode. The casting episode was a great opportunity to get to know the beauties and geeks - this season, I'm a handful of episodes in, and I still barely recognize some of the contestants. What's more, I'm not really rooting for anybody. I'm struggling to figure out what personality each of these people has, with the exception of the poet, the girl with too much makeup, and the guy who REALLY needs to shave and change his wardrobe. (Or is that all of them?)

3. Beauty casting was dreadful this season. I understand they want to create some drama and still avoid the blonde mafia of the past, but a few weeks in... half the beauties are just relatively dumb girls next door, not unattainable sexpots. Part of the problem is who's gotten voted off, but the saucy (mean?) African-American girl isn't a beauty, she just thinks highly of herself. Neither is Cara, even if she is ditzy. Seeing these (and others) talk about how much everyone fawns over their looks is a little unbelievable, really. Bring back the REAL sexy women, and you'll gain some viewers!

I'm still watching the show every week, and it's fairly entertaining, but the buzzer is a real buzzkill. Fix it!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Things that suck about the new season! (Spoily?)"
Posted by bullzeye on 04-02-08 at 05:38 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you said until:

Bring back the REAL sexy women, and you'll gain some viewers!

I think Amanda is worthy enough to bear my children.

An Agman!

Pretty please Amanda?

Posted by TomServo on 04-06-08 at 12:37 PM
>I agree with pretty much everything
>you said until:
>
>Bring back the REAL sexy women,
>and you'll gain some viewers!
>

>
>I think Amanda is worthy enough
>to bear my children.
>
>
> An Agman!
>
>Pretty please Amanda?

Yeah, she is very pretty. I have a strong preference towards brunettes, I suppose... but I thought Tiffany and Jillian both very pretty. Plus, both seemed to be getting into the social experiment to the level that you hope the contestants will.

What is up with Letecia's makeup? Sheesh, I thought she was attractive and very competitive (which is attractive)... but then she busted out the paint brush on her face... yick.

Posted by Agman2 on 05-06-15 at 02:35 PM
I thought her makeup was fine! Beauty is only skin deep

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 04-07-08 at 11:43 AM
Bring back the REAL sexy women

The "beauty" standard is way down this season, both in terms of appearance and personality, and that's compared to last season - where the sexiest woman was a geek.

GO RED WINGS! GO WILD!

Posted by crs3192 on 04-09-08 at 10:44 AM
I agree about the buzzer! I hate it!!
If you don't have a fast response, you can't win even if you know the answer.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-08-15 at 02:47 PM
I miss Tom Servo. And Crooow. And Joel. And Gypsy.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-13-16 at 11:50 AM
I'd be willing to bet they all miss you too! They are probably thinking, "I miss Kidflash212"