URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 973
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"5/18: Performance songs - 3 songs"

Posted by FSUGUY on 05-14-04 at 02:37 PM
from E! online:

The network announced Thursday that next week's performance show will receive a visit from music industry giant Clive Davis, whose BMG Records conglomerate is to strike a deal with the winning contestant.

DeGarmo, Trias and Barrino, meanwhile, will be put through the rigors of performing three songs--one selected for them by the judges, one picked by Davis and one chosen by themselves.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Yep..."
Posted by AyaK on 05-14-04 at 03:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-04 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

...and we reported it yesterday, in the LaToya London article:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2558

In next week's "Judges' Choice" show on Tuesday, May 18 at 8 PM EDT, each of the final three will sing three songs, one chosen by the judges, one chosen by themselves, and one chosen by music industry legend and RCA Records boss Clive Davis -- whose label will be responsible for releasing and promoting the album of the winner. In addition, on Monday, May 17 at 8 PM EDT, Fox will be airing another Idol special, featuring host Ryan Seacrist discussing the season to date with the judges plus one song each from the three finalists. (We hope that Jasmine finds a song that at least doesn't induce cringing.) The third-place finisher will then be announced on Wednesday, May 19, at 9 PM EDT.

Jasmine fans, please excuse my shot at Jasmine ... but you know she deserved it.

"Uhmmm..."
Posted by Goooey_Alley on 05-17-04 at 07:55 AM
OK.

Rumors across the board that Jasmine will sing these songs...

Butterfly - Mariah Carey (Clive's pick)
Anyone Who Had A Heart - Dionne Warwick (her pick)
Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler (judges' pick)

As for the Final 3 Special...

I'll Never Love This Way Again - Jasmine
Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Fantasia
Turn The Beat Around - Diana

"RE: Uhmmm..."
Posted by zombiebaby on 05-17-04 at 09:56 AM
Butterfly - Mariah Carey (Clive's pick)-EWwwwww!
Anyone Who Had A Heart -
Dionne Warwick (her pick)Never heard of it
Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette
Midler
(judges' pick) Just shoot me now, really I mean it.

As for the Final 3 Special...

I'll Never Love This Way Again
Jasmine
Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Fantasia
Turn The Beat Around - Diana

Didn't they do the last 2 already?

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

Getting really tired of lame songs...

Posted by emydi on 05-17-04 at 02:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Luther Vandros also do a remake of "Anyone WHo had a Heart"

It was in late 80's, early 90s

Ruben-yes
Jasmine--NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo

emydi

Posted by TODDLJ on 05-17-04 at 03:31 PM
"Anyone Who Had A Heart" is the Burt Bacharach song that Kelly Clarkson was supposed to sing on AI1, but decided to sing "Walk On By" that week instead. I remember she sounded awesome in the rehearsal footage for that week, and I didn't know why she changed her song at the last minute.

Also, someone sang it last season, I think K-Lo?

Posted by stormysatan on 05-17-04 at 02:28 PM
Gooey!!!
Are they really tryingto kill jasmine??

Butterfly- how can she possibly pull off a Mariah carey song? Maybe on a nonlive recording but live??? Besides, I don't think the song really has a high point . The judges may end up saying 'Your rendition is pitchy and kinda boring'.

No idea about her chosen song.

Wind beneath My Wings?? Didn't those 3 judges say it was a safe song when Marque Lynche sang it? Why in the world would the judges ask her to sing that song??? Doesn't make any sense. besides, Marque sang it flawlessly so I'm afraid jasmine will get wounded from comparison.

I guess they are really trying to spit jasmine out of the competition.

I hope jasmine does well to give those judges some rude awakening.

"RE: 5/18: Performance songs - 3 songs"
Posted by wildchickenhunter on 05-14-04 at 03:38 PM
Please, Please....why can't they just makeit a 30 minute show and each sing just one song........

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

"RE: 5/18: Performance songs - 3 songs"
Posted by seahorse on 05-14-04 at 04:39 PM
Because American Idol is Fox's highest rated show and they are going to milk it for everything they can. They get more advertising revenue for AI and May is a sweeps month where the advertising rates are set for the year based on viewership in the month. That's why we had a final 5 special and are having a final 3 special.