URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID104
Thread Number: 97
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jan 22 episode"

Posted by byoffer on 01-23-09 at 09:04 AM
Wow, quite a show. Now things are moving. For those who might be watching on tape delay...

filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, filler,

Finally some movement from Denny, as Izzie learns what "I'm here for you" really means. So do we hate Denny now? If you love someone do you help them or keep them for yourself?

LOL about Lexie and Mark. Well, LOL with my legs crossed. Interesting how this seemingly gag situation with the sexual injury could be a dramatic turning point for their relationship, and also for Sadie's character.

The whole connundrum with the death-row convict and whether to save him, or lose him to save the boy was very interesting. I can absolutely see both sides of the story, and while Derek made it black and white ("am I am doctor or an executioner") I think that as humans it goes a little deeper.

I will be interested to see what happens to Mer and Der after that execution thing.

Will we find out why that little boy's case is so personal to Miranda?

Hopefully some movement in the relationships of Christina and Owen, and Christina and Meredith. I must have missed something - how did Christina and Meredith get off the rails?

okay, what else??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jan 22 episode"
Posted by MPVLOST on 01-23-09 at 12:08 PM
I think Miranda had been dealing with that family so long, so it was hard for her to watch. It also could have just been a mother thing. Seeing one mother deal with that, made her realize how much she loved her son.

I could be wrong, but didn't Christina pick Mer for some surgery, with the implications that Mer was going to turn it down and Christina would be able to do it instead and then Mer didn't turn it down? I thought that was what caused the rift there, but maybe I'm way off.

The Denny/Izzie thing was interesting, but I had read spoilers, so I knew where it was going.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Posted by sisyphus on 01-23-09 at 03:20 PM
I think bailey was so involved with the case because she had been dealing with him for a very long time and had become emotionally involved with both mother and child....

Christina and Merdith were on the outs, i think, from the time when the interns decided that they were not fetting enough practical time and decided to operated on each other....sadie volunteered to be the patient and something bad happened and they had to call in the residents...christina's interns were the main ones and when the s...t hit the fan she thought meredith would back her and she did not....and that is why christina was punished by not being able to do the solo surgery....and had to pick the one to do it...

Posted by crs3192 on 01-24-09 at 05:38 PM
Yep, Christina and Meridith originally fought over that situation with the interns and all. And then the next episode when Christina had to choose who should take her place in solo surgery, everyone thought she'd choose Meredith.
Meridith was saying that Christina would make the right choice, while still believing that she would be picked due to their friendship.
When Karev was picked instead, she went to Christina and said something about not wanting to make it personal or whatever and Christina got upset and yelled at Meredith that Mer had made it personal - not Christina.

And that leads us into the past few episodes with them fighting.

ps. What did Meredith mouth to Christina in the car after the execution?

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-26-09 at 12:47 PM
I have to admit I googled "broken penis". I hate to report that it can indeed happen! Ouch.

This short story arc with Eric Stolz as a serial killer has been the best storyline in years. Loved it. One characters story pushed the characters in so many different ways.

I love Meredith and Derek. In any other show, something like this would have been reason to split two characters up. But this show takes the opportunity to show another side to their relationship. And yes, I'm a sap. I got all weepy when Derek showed up at Christina's place asking for help for Meredith. It's great to know that he knows he can't be all things all the time.

I think Meredith said something along the lines of "you would have made me go" but that doesn't really make sense.

I too loved the scene of Derek making Miranda choose whether to have him be a surgeon or executioner. I would have had a hard time making that choice and have to say I think I would have landed on Meredith's side.

Agman took me to the islands

Posted by mrc on 01-26-09 at 03:23 PM
I googled it, too. *shudders*

Posted by byoffer on 01-27-09 at 09:06 AM
Apparently the two of you are not alone with your curiosity.

Posted by agman on 01-27-09 at 09:15 AM
I googled it also and must say that I think this storyline hits below the belt!

Posted by mrc on 01-27-09 at 09:16 AM
You're just crochety.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by byoffer on 01-27-09 at 10:07 AM
Say, anyone remember the nickname of that (recently absent) poster who works at Texas Tech?

Posted by mrc on 01-27-09 at 10:14 AM
Thumbtackbone?

A Slice of Manga

Posted by byoffer on 01-27-09 at 11:58 AM
Do you suppose Dr. McSteamy will miss the days when he could say, "Ha-ha-ha-HAA-ha! Ha-ha-ha-HAA-ha! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" like this guy?

Posted by agman on 01-27-09 at 12:33 PM
I'm sure he does! He knows if he tried, it would just be a limp imitation! He will, however, probably have a soft spot in his heart for the days when he could do that.