URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 967
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Gotti show"

Posted by reversehalo on 08-08-04 at 09:38 PM
Anyone but me watch it last week. It's on after Family Plots. I had high expectations but was very disappointed. Unless you like listening to a mom yell at her teenage sons it's not worth watching.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Gotti show"
Posted by ginger on 08-09-04 at 06:31 PM
I watch the most classless drivel television offers, and have no idea why I chose this particular show to have a moral pause over, but there's something about making murderers campy and fun (I know, she's just his kid, but this show would not have been aired had she not been related) that makes me cringe a bit. Kind of like if Charles Manson's daughter had a family sitcom. So I passed.

I'm sure this will be a short-lived visit to the Moral Highground. Again, I watch absolute crappola, so I don't know why this show, in particular, felt "wrong" to me.

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 08-09-04 at 08:56 PM
I watched it and was disgusted with her 3 sons. What a bunch of punks! I started feeling sorry for her but that didn't last long after watching her try to put words into the pool cleaner's mouth. Didn't you love the blind date guy she went out with? LOL. I don't think I'll be watching this show again. If it were just her I might but I can't stand to watch her bratty spoiled sons.

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule

Posted by Esbea on 08-09-04 at 09:28 PM
Honestly, I didnt see the whole show. I had extremely low expectations, and while I really tried to keep an open mind, it was worse than I ever thought possible.

the kid craps marbles because someone used his hair gel? I wanna see these kids on another "Simple Life". But, ya know, one where they actually had to WORK.

Posted by dabo on 08-10-04 at 01:41 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-04 AT 01:41 AM (EST)

Reportedly, the premiere episode got the highest ratings ever for a premiere on A&E.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by Loree on 08-11-04 at 05:14 PM
I stumbled on this show by accident. I watched part because I had seen the commercials for it. But I was bored with it. So I won't be watching it again.

Posted by anotherkim on 08-11-04 at 10:35 PM
those three children--unreal. I just sat there with my mouth open. And her constant whining about being a single parent? Hello!!! If you'd DISCIPLINE your kids and not let them run all over you, perhaps life would be a wee bit easier.

I've never seen anything like them in my life.

--if I taught her kids, I'd quit in a day.

Posted by MollyTV on 08-12-04 at 11:06 AM
LOve the show...i have to admit...since you asked.

but her kids run all over her...the media is predicting they will be the next "osbournes" and kids all over the country are already asking for the gotti boys haircut.

i agree that they are making "light" of a murderers family.
she has said previously that she doesn't know anything about what went on with her dad but come on. she should feel a little guilty about him...but i think she doesn't.

and i remember the story about her brother being hit by a neighbor's car and then the neighbor "disappearing" when they all knew he was "rolled out" as victoria says.

the part that scares me....how people treat them with reverence because of father/grandfather and seems like it would make the young ones think its ok to be in the mafia...
just my two cents
molly

"Gotta love those lips!"
Posted by Chava on 08-18-04 at 01:12 AM
Now excuse me if I'm repeating something that everyone else said, lol...too late and too lazy to look at the other replies right now.

That being said...have you EVER in your life seen lips like Victoria Gotti's in your life, lol?? How old do you think she is.....and any bets on which parts of her body have had "work"? Well...maybe it's easier to ask which parts of her body have NOT had work, har!

I have to admit....I have watched the show a few times. It's got that train wreck thing going, lol! I have to wonder if when the family watched the show on TV....how they thought they came off? It just goes to show you that even people with a TON of money can't BUY class, har!

smoooooooch......Chava

Stop by my board and tell us how you REALLY feel!