URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 963
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Tension with "Jules""

Posted by Savahnna on 08-11-06 at 10:11 AM
It'd be hard to miss that.

Janelle, Boogie....no cute little "Hi Julie"....just "hi"

She got notable flustered at one point in the diary room interviews.....

I don't think this is over yet.

Think there's room for more "Good TV" from this one.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Tension with "Jules""
Posted by nailbone on 08-11-06 at 11:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

Not to mention the dressing down Will evidently got from calling her "sweetheart".

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Hoobie on 08-11-06 at 01:03 PM
I only heard a snippet that Will called her sweetheart. What actually happened? It wasn't aired, correct??

And when he did...did she leave right away to "report it", or did she retort?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted by AugustGirl on 08-11-06 at 01:06 PM
She asked him a question in last week's live show, and when he answered he called her "sweetheart". Apparently this didn't sit well with Mrs. Moonves and the producers told Will on Wednesday that he would not be asked any more questions on the live show and he could not mention any "endearments" to Julie.

I have to admit I laughed when he called her "Jules"...with such smug smile on his face. Good for him!

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by Hoobie on 08-11-06 at 01:17 PM
Thanks for the update. I don't remember hearing the "Sweetheart" during last week's show.

I agree - good for Will!

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 01:22 PM
The whole thing is bullsh!t. Get over it Chenbot. So he called you sweetheart. *rolls eyes*
Keep it up Will.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 08-11-06 at 01:04 PM
Will had been warned in the DR that he could not speak with Julie, however, he snuck in a real quick one....

Posted by oasisfan1994 on 08-11-06 at 01:15 PM
i guess that would explain why on thursdays show when Julie needed to ask the POV players a question she said simply answer yes or no. It must have totally pi$$ed off chenbot to have to go in late to re do the HOH comp. HA HA

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 01:23 PM
I don't think Julie Chen is being petty by being offended that Will called her sweetheart. It is offensive and condescending to call a woman who you know only in a business, casual, or professional sense any term of endearment such as sweetheart, sweetie, dear, honey, baby, etc.

I like Will. He is good at strategy and good at the game. But he crossed the line calling her sweetheart and he was disrespectful in calling her Jules. It is not her name and IMHO it made him look like an immature a**hole.

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 01:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

I agree and disagree. The only reason taht I disagree is because BB seems to be going overboard on everything. The live feeds constantly going to flames, BB yelling at them for everything. I mean, they got upset about James? or Will? ( I forget which) having a water fight in the kitchen? The told them to stop singing in the backyard? Now they say they won't talk to Will during live events? It just seems like BB is on a power trip and this is just Will's way of rebelling or having his own little fun. *shrug*
I would be making every attempt to annoy and upset Julie and the BB peeps just for the sake of entertaining myself.
IMO, it's no different than Jules calling him "The evil Doctor".

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 01:44 PM
I see your point BRVN.

I don't watch the live feeds so I didn't know the producers were giving all the HG a hard time about everything. You are probably right about why Will is acting this way.

I still think he is wrong but your probably right that there is a reason for his actions.

Posted by AugustGirl on 08-11-06 at 02:06 PM
I do watch the live feeds and the ones getting a hard time are the producers, not the hamsters.

This bunch of "all stars" complain about almost everything, from the food to the games they get, to the mattresses on their beds, to the competitions, prizes, lack of prizes, etc, etc, etc.

Not all are whiners...I don't hear Janille complain, George only complains about his slop diet (poor CG!), and I don't recall Kaysar complaining. Howie is usually good natured, and Boogie seems to be a "roll with it" kind of guy, but the rest? Lord almighty they complain.

James and Marcellus are the worse. Will complains to get everyone else fired up, but James and Marcellus are serious divas.

"Singing"
Posted by AugustGirl on 08-11-06 at 01:59 PM
They are not allowed to sing because if they do BB has to pay royalties on the songs. It can get quite expensive.

The hamsters know this when they sign up. I personally think BB needs to fine these yahoos every time they do sing and I get the WAY TOO LOUD MUSIC blasting in my ears. It's horrible, especially if you are trying to listen to one of the many whispered conversations and then the music comes blasting through because Will wanted to sing a Britney Spears song. Sheesh.

Julie needs to loosen up a bit. She should have let it go, but now it's like Will has a mission...annoy Jules. Too funny.

"RE: Singing"
Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 02:04 PM
Ahhhhh, I didn't know that about the singing. that makes much more sense. The rest however makes no sense to me.

Posted by AugustGirl on 08-11-06 at 02:06 PM
*points to post # 22*

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 02:14 PM
Yes but the producers knew who they were dealing with when they set up All Stars. So I really don't feel too bad for them. Especially if the majority of the whining is just coming from two people. If Will is just doing it to get people fired up, then they (the Producers) are just falling into his trap as well and haha on them.

Posted by AugustGirl on 08-11-06 at 02:52 PM
The problem is the people who are really suffering are those of us who paid for the live feeds. This is my first year with live feeds, and it will definitely be my last year. Lord Almighty I am SICK SICK SICK of the flames and WAY TOO LOUD MUSIC.

If CBS wants people to continue to pay for live feeds, then they need to make sure the hamsters toe the line. Besides, these idiots are making pretty sweet money to sit on their asses and bitch, moan, complain, and backstab all day.

Sheesh!

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 03:01 PM
Yes ma'am.

Posted by Elaine0 on 08-19-06 at 10:11 AM
I said last year BB should give them a couple of weeks to adjust and then fine them for every time they sing. I can see people honestly forgetting, but last year the nerd herd would purposely sing because they knew it ticked off BB. They knew the rules before they came into the house.

Most of them complain constantly and yell or cuss at BB. The nerd herd again were the worst at it. They didn't hesitate to tell BB to f off when someone told them to put their microphone on or to come to the DR. Many of them do the same thing this year. Except for a couple of minor grumbling about being told to stop obstructing their microphone or something similar, I never heard Jani, Howie or Kaysar say anything nasty to BB. They also were the first ones to thank BB and the fans. The others only complain about the fans because they aren't popular. Figure out why you aren't popular, people.

Besides the singing, many of the other rules have to do with safety. There were a number of times in the backyard when someone was told not to do something like jumping across the pool or climbing on furniture. I'm sure they are worried about getting sued if someone hurts themselves. Look at Krista suing them after she willingly laid on the counter kissing Justin while he held a knife to her neck. Thanks to her that aren't allowed sharp knives in the house.

I feel for the people working the show. They have to put up with constant complaints about the food, the comps, lockdowns or just getting these people to obey common rules. It can't be fun sitting their late Saturday night taking their verbal abuse.

Posted by MarkP on 08-11-06 at 01:37 PM
Chenbot hosts a show which is based on lying, deceiving, cheating, backstabbing, etc....CBS airs the live feeds in which curse words are thrown around at the drop of a dime. I have trouble letting my 10 year old girls watch it because of all the cursing. Chenbot has no problem repeating to to the viewers the vulgar things said about Janelle but low and behold the "Evil" Dr. Will calls Chenbot "Sweeite" and she is offended? Does she realize what show she signed up to host? I think we need a "Reality" check here!

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 01:38 PM
I agree 100%.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 01:49 PM
Julie Chen is only host of the show. She is not a participant. It is not her job to act like or to be treated like a HG. What the HG do is up to them. Julie as a host keeps the audience informed on the HG actions. So there is nothing wrong with her repeating things they say and do as a way of clarifying their position in the game and relationship with other contestants.

Survivor is a lying and decieving game and nobody treats Jeff Probst so casually. So why should Julie be subjected to it?

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 01:52 PM
Because Jeff is a respected and decent host?

Posted by samboohoo on 08-11-06 at 05:01 PM
And he's hot.

It's Arkie Love

Posted by mcflyer54 on 08-17-06 at 02:06 PM
And Survivor isn't stupid enough to do a "live" show where people, if they are so inclinded, can berate the host! It's all in the editing and Survivor has the opportunity to eliminate those "tense" moments before they are broadcast.

Posted by MarkP on 08-11-06 at 02:21 PM
I guess that is why she is a horrible host. She thinks she is above everyone in the House and she reports on it as though she is. The mere fact that a man she calls "Evil" is crucified for calling her "Sweetie" proves as much. She is so far removed from the substance of this show that 99% of the viewers don't care for her. Pretty boy Probst on the other hand is a guy who you can see spending a few months on the Island - can ANYONE imagine Jules in the House? No way. This show would be great with a host who seemed comfortable with the show, not a "robotic". Can you imagine how fun it would be next year if Will or Boogie hosted the show? As I said before, Jules has got to realize what show she signed up for.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 02:31 PM
As far as Julie Chen being the wrong host for the show, I agree. I started watching in Season 2 and I used to think how weird it was to have her hosting. But now I am used to her and really don't pay alot of attention to her.

It still doesn't excuse what Will did.

Posted by MarkP on 08-11-06 at 02:46 PM
>It still doesn't excuse what Will
>did.

I think Jules telling American word for word all the vulgar things that James said about Janelle was by far worse than Will calling her sweetie. There was no real reason for her to blurt that out to Kaysar other than to get a rise out of him . How do you think Janelle's family felt about the need for Jules to say that to a national audience (I think some of those things he said were not aired previously)? Granted Jules didn't say it, but she made sure everyone heard it (and please lets not let her hide behind the producers on that). Thats like Will saying horrible things about Jules in teh house (which I am sure happened) and Boogie during his next interview saying "Julie - do you know Will called you a (*&(&%(!!). Also let us not forget that CBS is pushing the "Evil Dr. Will" thing. They made money off him once and they are again now. Can you imagine their shock when he called Jules "sweetie"?

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 03:10 PM
"Thats like Will saying horrible things about Jules in teh house (which I am sure happened) and Boogie during his next interview saying "Julie - do you know Will called you a (*&(&%(!!). "

Apples to oranges. This is not about he said she said. Nor is it about hurting people's feelings and talking behind their backs.

Julie was letting Kaysar know that James had turned on his alliance. Kaysar had no idea about any of those things. She brought it out in the open before he even saw the good bye tapes his HG made for him. Each of them spilling the beans about James and Dani. Plus, the livefeeders heard everything James said about Janelle. It wasn't a surprise to that many people.

Julie was making it clear that Kaysar had been backstabbed. Any host would have pointed that out. I, for one, wanted to see his reaction at finding out he had been had. Julie's the host this is her job. She does this to everybody and so does every other reality show host.

Posted by MarkP on 08-11-06 at 03:23 PM
>Apples to oranges. This is not
>about he said she said.

I tend to disagree - this thread is about her reaction to what was said to her on national tv so I think it is only fair to take into account what she said about others. She easily could have made her point to Kaysar without repeating word for word what was said about Janelle. Also, as far as everyone already knowing what James said from the live feeds/boards, I think we would all be surprised what a small fraction of the viewing audience we are. Jules put on the table stuff said about Janelle that most of the audience had NOT heard before. Did she have to say those things to get her point acrosss - no way. She could have easily just said James had many disparaging remarks about Janelle. Put yourself in Janelle's and Jules' shoes - would you rather have a host repeat vulgar things which were said about you to a national audience or would you rather have the star of a show who you refer to as "The Evil Dr. Will" call you sweeite on national television? Seems to me the "Evil" Dr. Will is not really the bad guy here - is he??

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 03:27 PM
Yep, and truth be told, Jules didn't have to tell Kaysar a thing. The HG's parting words exposed that James was stabbing him in the back. Jules could have kept her trap shut and Kaysar still would have found out that he had been had.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 03:40 PM
"Put yourself in Janelle's and Jules' shoes"

Well since you asked. If I were in Julie's shoes and Will called me sweetheart, I would have addressed it on live tv which would have led to an argument between the two of us. Which is the reason why I wouldn't make a good tv host. But then again an invitation to whoop Will's a** would make for good tv....lol.

Now on to Janelle. If I were Janelle I wouldn't go around telling stories about sponsors and hustling customers at the bar I work at. Because normally stories like that give people the impression that your are a whore, slut, etc. If people called me that I really wouldn't give a sh*t. What I do and who I do is my business and not yours or anybody elses.

For the people who didn't know James was saying these things. It only makes James look like more of a slimball than most people think already.

Posted by MarkP on 08-11-06 at 03:46 PM
>normally stories like that give
>people the impression that your
>are a whore, slut, etc.

Now I understand - since Janelle is a whore it doesn't matter what Jules says about her because we already know it. I really hope Jules gets over Will calling her "sweetie" -that was tasteless.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 03:59 PM
Julie didn't say anything about Janelle. James did. Julie only drove home the point to Kaysar how much James hates Janelle. That's all she did.

James is the one who comes out looking like an a** for talking about Janelle like that.

Posted by MarkP on 08-11-06 at 04:16 PM
>Julie didn't say anything about Janelle.
>James did. Julie only drove
>home the point to Kaysar
>how much James hates Janelle.
>That's all she did.
>

This is going in circles. Julie DID NOT need to repeat those things to "drive home the point." She chose to because it was good tv to repeat such vulgar things said about another houseguest. Granted I doubt Janelle's family was happy about that choice by Jules, but we have established that doesn't matter becuase she acts like a whore. I am going to end this debate on my part by saying the following - If my daughter was hosting the show and a houseguest like Will called her sweetie I would laugh....on the flip side, if my daughter was in the house and the host repeated vulgar things said about her by someone else (that most viewers had not heard yet) I would be MUCH MUCH more mad at the person who said those things and the host who felt the need to repeat them word for word in order to "hammer home a point." Granted I may be alone here but we are all entitled to outr own opinion. SEACREST OUT!

Posted by tamarama on 08-11-06 at 04:37 PM
You are not alone, Mark.

*stands with Mark*

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-11-06 at 06:42 PM
I can see both sides of the argument. Perhaps it was inconsiderate and rude of Julie to read verbatim all the nasty things that James had said about Janelle. Personally, I'm glad that she revealed all the venom that James had spread around the house. Kaysar needed to know the truth. I'm sure that James will try to wash his hands clean once he gets evicted from the house. Saying "I only did it for the game" after being evicted is a cop-out. If it truly were just a game, James wouldn't take his smear campaign out of the context of the game and make it personal. The fact that he's supposed to be Janelle's ally just makes the whole thing even more disgusting.

But, I'm going off on a tangent. Julie is over-reacting to Will's comment. Was it rude and/or condescending? Possibly. But, it just goes to show how great Will is at getting under people's skin. I'd say "get over it, Julie" and let's move on.

Posted by chappi66 on 08-11-06 at 01:45 PM
It all depends on where you are from. Honey, baby and sweetheart are typical expressions that you hear in the South. It is just part of the normal day. I realize they are not in the south nor does Dr Will come from the south but pleazz. She just needs to take that board out of her azz and get over it. She gives women a bad name.

Posted by pumpkinqueen on 08-11-06 at 01:53 PM
She gives women a bad name.

she gives robots a bad name. i can't see Phil (TAR) having a hissy because someone called him sweetheart. (apples to mangoes--i know)

thank you arkiegrl

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 01:54 PM
Well then I guess I give women and the south a bad name. I am a southern woman through and through. I don't put up with anybody calling me honey, baby, sweetie, etc at work.

She doesn't have a board in her butt. These guys have shown much disrespect to the women in the house including the beloved Janelle.

I applaud Julie for having the good sense to not put up with it.

Posted by AyaK on 08-11-06 at 02:03 PM
>She doesn't have a board in her butt.

What a shame.

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 02:04 PM
It's not a board, it's a stick.

Posted by Estee on 08-11-06 at 02:37 PM
So if everyone disobeys her, she'll lose her powers?

Go, Will, go.

Posted by chappi66 on 08-11-06 at 02:10 PM
We must be from two different "South" places because I have lived in the south for 13 years and they (men & women alike)use honey, darlin', sweetie and a few other terms of endearment on a daily basis. It is just a common practice here.

As far as respect goes, some of these women including the "beloved" Janelle have not shown much to be respected for. Respect is earned. It is not just automatically given based on your gender. Taking bubble baths with the men, using flirting to get what you want and playing musical beds does not constitute respect in my book.

Danielle is the only one that I have seen thus far that has not used these type of tactics to get what she wants. She does not need to. And people may not like Danielle, but I got to respect the way she plays.

Posted by nailbone on 08-11-06 at 02:32 PM
Danielle is the only one that I have seen thus far that has not used these type of tactics to get what she wants. She does not need to. And people may not like Danielle, but I got to respect the way she plays.

No, instead she relies on backstabbing and character assassination, sitting around bad-mouthing others and calling them vile names, all the while saying "it's shouldn't be personal". I've got no respect for her at all.

Posted by chappi66 on 08-11-06 at 02:43 PM
Danielle is playing the game, duh! There is not one person in the house, except for the Chicken Man that has not lied, cheated, backstabbed and bad mouthed others, including the Anna Nicole (vomit)look-a-like. That is how you play the game in the BB World. However, you do not have to make yourself look like a slut as Janelle is doing. How can she expect others to show her respect, when acting like that shows she does not even respect herself.

Nails - You and I will always disagree when it comes to Janelle/Danielle. Why don't we just agree to disagree.

Posted by nailbone on 08-11-06 at 02:48 PM
Playing the game does not include, IMO, calling someone a whore and the other things Dani (and others)has said about Janelle.

But yeah, we can agree to disagree.

Posted by AugustGirl on 08-11-06 at 02:55 PM
I agree to agree with Boner and disagree with chappi66.

Hi Boner!

Posted by samboohoo on 08-11-06 at 05:03 PM
I always agree with Augie.

It's Arkie Love

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-11-06 at 06:31 PM
We all agree with augie. That's what she pays us for, sweetheart.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-22-06 at 01:15 PM
Sweatheart?!

Perhaps I need to have a little talk with Webby.

Thanks Tribe!

Posted by Poncho on 08-12-06 at 06:48 PM
I agree with Boner too!!!! I *heart* you !

Poncho

Posted by chappi66 on 08-11-06 at 02:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 03:00 PM (EST)

None of them, including Janie, can say they have not been name calling. ALL of the women including Janie and Marci are being vicious in the name calling game. This happens every season. During BB6, Maggie Ivette April & Janielle all did their own share of the mud slinging. So no one has a halo over their head as far as the name calling goes.

Kind of got off track here, but it all goes back to the respect issue with Julie. Julie does not necessarily warrant respect just because of her gender. It needs to be earned and apparently she has not done that. Honey Baby and Sweetheart is not the end of the world as we know it and she just needs to take it with a grain of salt and go on about her business.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 03:18 PM
Julie should be respected as the host of the show. She is not a houseguest nor is she just a woman. She is the host and should be treated as such.

Posted by tamarama on 08-11-06 at 04:15 PM
Julie is not hosting Washington Week -- it's tabloid-level TV.**

If she can't remove the broomstick & do it with a sense of humor, then she needs to be exclusive to her "legitimate" news career.

If she can't take the heat...

**don't get me wrong, I love it!

Posted by chappi66 on 08-11-06 at 04:16 PM
>Julie should be respected as the
>host of the show. She
>is not a houseguest nor
>is she just a woman.
>She is the host and
>should be treated as such.
>

Just because she is the host does not automatically entitle her to respect. And for that matter, I do not think Will calling her sweetheart was disrespecting her.

If she is that bent out of shape over Will's comment, it has got to make you wonder what she is actually like to work with. She sounds like she would be one of the those people you have to walk on egg shells around.

Posted by LadyT on 08-12-06 at 05:29 PM
>Julie should be respected as the
>host of the show. She
>is not a houseguest nor
>is she just a woman.
>She is the host and
>should be treated as such.
>

You have to EARN respect. When she can get through, I don't know, maybe a month without messing up a live show like calling out the wrong evictee name or saying the wrong HOH name, she will have my respect. Until then, not so much.

Now DR Will has my respect because he realizes this is a game and he mastered it already. Plus he is a doctor, already making him a hell of a lot smarter than me.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-12-06 at 05:57 PM
So being a Doctor automatically makes Will worth respecting. But every other human being has to earn respect?

Interesting viewpoint.

Posted by ginger on 08-14-06 at 06:08 PM
That you, Les?

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-14-06 at 10:10 PM
ALL of
>the women including Janie and
>Marci are being vicious in
>the name calling game.

Umm... I hope I'm reading this out of context, but are you lumping Marcellas along with the women because he's gay?

Posted by ARnutz on 08-11-06 at 03:09 PM
Of course, I concur that each of us have our own opinion, but this...

However, you do not have to make yourself look like a slut as Janelle is doing.

How exactly has Janelle made herself look like a slut in her game playing? In either of the two seasons? Have you witnessed her sleeping with boinking all the men in the house? I haven't. Sure she may flirt, but that is not the same as being sexually promiscuous.

Dislike Janelle all you want, but you really can't put that label on her.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-11-06 at 06:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

How come Janelle is always being used as the poster child for sluts in the BB house? Just because she flirts to play the game? Or because she took a stupid bubble bath with Boogie? Hello! So, did Erika! And, no one seems to be calling her out. What about Boogie's birthday? It was Erika who sat herself on the table in a bikini with whip cream all over herself and later allowed Boogie to "bob for apples" in her crotch! Has anyone said that Erika was a slut for doing that? Nope. Or how about the time when Erika was giving Boogie a little "rub" with her foot. Again, no one called Erika a slut for doing that either. Somehow, it's always Janelle who is void of virtue and is the root of all evil and impurity in the BB house.

I'm not trying to say that Erika's behavior warrants the label of "W H O R E". I'm simply pointing out that other women have used their sex appeal in more outlandish ways than Janelle, yet somehow Janelle is the one being called out on it.

Posted by shabalaba on 08-14-06 at 05:47 PM
>LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06
>AT 07:02 PM (EST)

>
>
>So, did Erika! And, no
>one seems to be calling
>her out. What about Boogie's
>birthday? It was Erika who
>sat herself on the table
>in a bikini with whip
>cream all over herself and
>later allowed Boogie to "bob
>for apples" in her crotch!
>Has anyone said that Erika
>was a slut for doing
>that? Nope. Or how about
>the time when Erika was
>giving Boogie a little "rub"
>with her foot. >
>>
Hmmmm....very interesting...now that you put all this out here like that about Ericka...it seems to substantiate the question regarding Ericka and Mike put forth in another thread about their possible pre-show relationship???
Food for thought...

Posted by ginger on 08-14-06 at 06:55 PM
*sighs*

So many bigger sluts than Janie, so little time...

Alison? Practically svcked Nate off, then didn't, then voted him out.

How bout the chick who had sex with that guy (who then vomited all over the place)? I can't even remember her name but I think it was the First Official Big Brother USA Boink.

And who can forget....CHIARA? Need I say more?

Posted by tamarama on 08-14-06 at 07:12 PM
Don't forget Diane...er...manually accommodating Drew.

(without reciprocation too!)

(yes -- to me, that makes it worse. more hooker-like.)

Posted by AyaK on 08-17-06 at 02:39 PM
How bout the chick who had sex with that guy (who then vomited all over the place)?

Amanda and Dave in BB4. And then Amanda was booted two nights later....

Posted by Savahnna on 08-17-06 at 02:51 PM
>How bout the chick who had
>sex with that guy (who
>then vomited all over the
>place)?

>
>Amanda and Dave in BB4.
>And then Amanda was booted
>two nights later....

Oh yeah.........Dave, Amanda, and Scott(AManda's signifcant other that got booted early) were big time amongst the few I would have liked to gotten to know better. Dave reminded me of a less focused Will......in that he knew how to have fun. Scott seemed like a loose cannon.....so the drawing board had so much potential........Amanda....fit in the web. And how sad it ended focusing on Alli and Jun

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-14-06 at 10:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-06 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

Erika also offered the Diary Room to show them her boobs in exchange of liquor.

Posted by tamarama on 08-11-06 at 03:30 PM
>>Respect is earned.<<

Gotta disagree here. I have a problem with the concept of "earning" respect.

>>It is not just automatically given based on your gender.<<

I do, however, agree that it should not be given based on gender.

Everyone deserves and should expect respectful treatment until and unless they show that they don't warrant it. For example, in your daily life, you don't act disrespectfully toward strangers on the street just because they haven't "earned" it from you.

As for whether or not any of the hamsters have shown that they don't deserve respect...we could probably debate that forever.

Sitting in a bubble bath - in your bathing suit - does not make you a slut.

I don't recall "musical beds" this season...I do recall Alison doing that, and she is properly reviled for it. Yes, people are sharing various beds...to sleep in. That's not nearly the same thing. In fact, they've HAD to share beds...in one room there's only one large bed.

Flirting as gameplay? Who hasn't done that? (Married hamsters aside.) And flirting is socially acceptable (even according to Miss Manners). Alison certainly did more than 'flirt' - and I seem to recall Diane going well beyond acceptable as well (in BB5). I haven't seen anyone do any of that this year. The closest has been Mike & Erika, but if we believe the rumors that they're an actual couple IRL, it's not really the same thing.

The things I'VE seen this season that subtract respect in my eyes are 1) Booger peeing in a bottle 2) Marcellas turning on people in a flash 3) James' astounding hypocrasy and lack of self-awareness.

As for the whole "Sweetie" drama -- Good thing I'm not there. I'm constantly using endearments. Yes, Will does it to be cheeky...but holy carp -- grow a sense of humor Julie! It should not be that big of a deal!!

And this overreaction will only fuel Will more.

Posted by MarkP on 08-11-06 at 03:39 PM
>
>As for the whole "Sweetie" drama
>-- Good thing I'm not
>there. I'm constantly using
>endearments. Yes, Will does
>it to be cheeky...but holy
>carp -- grow a sense
>of humor Julie! It
>should not be that big
>of a deal!!
>
>And this overreaction will only fuel
>Will more.

I could not agree more. When will said Sweetie this was WILL SAYING IT. It WAS FUNNY. He is one of the funniest guests ever in BB history and she of all people should know that and play off it. How great would it have been if she said "Hi handsome"!
What he said was harmelss, especially in the context of the show (Yes, Jules IS part of the show). Can you imagine if he would have said "Hey there sweetcheeks" - I think her head would have exploded!

Posted by nailbone on 08-11-06 at 02:30 PM
IMHO it made him look like an immature a**hole.

He is an immature a**hole, and proud of it. That's part of his charm, and why he's so popular.

Posted by Savahnna on 08-11-06 at 02:50 PM
>I don't think Julie Chen is
>being petty by being offended
>that Will called her sweetheart.
>It is offensive and condescending
>to call a woman who
>you know only in a
>business, casual, or professional sense
>any term of endearment such
>as sweetheart, sweetie, dear, honey,
>baby, etc.
>
>I like Will. He is good
>at strategy and good at
>the game. But he crossed
>the line calling her sweetheart
>and he was disrespectful in
>calling her Jules. It is
>not her name and IMHO
>it made him look like
>an immature a**hole.

I don't want to get off topic with this thread...but I totally agree with you as I posted in the thread that exposed this story.

Posted by Estee on 08-11-06 at 03:06 PM
I'll treat Julie with respect just as soon as she earns some back.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-11-06 at 03:15 PM
The whole "sweetheart" thing was blown out of proportion by Chenbot and it is ridiculous. Julie is one of those people who would cry sexual harassment at something like that, taking away credibility from people who have real harassment issues to deal with. It wasn't said in a derogatory way towards her and, IMO, is a compliment for someone like Chenbot. A more accurate term to call her would "cold dead fish."

Anyway, people take things way too seriously anymore. I'd rather be called sweetheart than a whole host of other names. If your boss or superior kept calling you sweetheart and you told him/her that you did not like that, THEN you have a reason to be upset. What Will said is nothing to cause a stir about. Chenbot is an idiot.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 03:27 PM
Will called her sweetheart. Julie didn't like it. She spoke to the producers. The producers spoke to Will. Will got mad and called her Jules.

I would say that Will is fanning the flames. Instead of just letting it go he added fuel to the fire. Immature.

Julie followed the procedure for addressing things that she doesn't like. Will responded with childishness.

Julie is not blowing anything out of proportion. If you don't like something speak up. No harm in that.

Posted by MarkP on 08-11-06 at 03:34 PM
>I would say that Will is
>fanning the flames. Instead of
>just letting it go he
>added fuel to the fire.
>Immature.

If anything the person being "immature" was the host of a show like this getting upset up the person SHE refers to as EVIL calling her "sweetheart." Calling her "Jules" was harmless and it was great tv, and isn't that why we watch this show? I'm not sure why we have to treat Jules as though she is not part of the show in any way, shape or form.

Posted by tamarama on 08-11-06 at 03:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

>>Julie is not blowing anything out of proportion.<<

Refusing -- or 'deciding not to' -- ask Will quetions during the live show based on one endearment IS BLOWING THINGS OUT OF PROPORTION.

ETF typo.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-11-06 at 03:51 PM
"Refusing -- or 'deciding not to' -- as Will quetions during the live show based on one endearment IS BLOWING THINGS OUT OF PROPORTION. "

I don't know if she has refused or what that could be a rumor. But she can't not ask him questions. That was proven last night. She has to talk to him. Also, it was shown that he is immature and a loose cannon. Because as soon as he got the chance he called her Jules.

Posted by tamarama on 08-11-06 at 04:49 PM
>>as soon as he got the chance he called her Jules<<

**GASP!!!**

Heaven forfend!! He called her WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

I didn't even notice. If I had, I certainly wouldn't have thought it warranted mention, much less heated discussion.

Posted by chappi66 on 08-11-06 at 05:03 PM

>That was proven last night.
>She has to talk to
>him. Also, it was shown
>that he is immature and
>a loose cannon. Because as
>soon as he got the
>chance he called her Jules.
>

Immature - hmmm, I think the same thing can be said for Ms. Jules. I would call her overeaction to this situation very immature on her part. And has someone has already pointed out, this is "Reality TV" it is not the CBS evening news. If she cannot take a little extra ribbing from the people she is dealing with or dish it right back to him, then she needs not to play with the other kids.

Posted by AyaK on 08-12-06 at 10:56 PM
>Julie followed the procedure for addressing
>things that she doesn't like.

But apparently all she does like are horny and powerful older men who can advance her career.

Julie's the old "casting couch hire," completely incompetent at her job but good in the sack with the man doing the hiring.

I can understand why she'd be upset with Will calling her "sweetheart," though. He doesn't have enough power to be worthy of her attention.

At least none of the castmembers have slept with a power broker to get ahead. Instead of calling them nasty names, the nasty names should be focused on the person who has done such thing: Julie.

Posted by chappi66 on 08-11-06 at 04:10 PM

>Julie is one of those
>people who would cry sexual
>harassment at something like that,
>taking away credibility from people
>who have real harassment issues
>to deal with.
>
>Anyway, people take things way too
>seriously anymore. I'd rather
>be called sweetheart than a
>whole host of other names.
>

Thank you so much CattyChat. You hit the nail on the head. That is the point I was trying to make just not doing it very well. Julie just blew it way out of portion. There was not a need for all of that drama.

Posted by profesora_toro4 on 08-11-06 at 03:25 PM
Do we know for sure that Will "got in trouble" just for calling Julie "sweetheart"? It seems to me that there must be something more to it than that for it to cause such a stir.

Posted by babybird719 on 08-11-06 at 04:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 04:01 PM (EST)
Edited for typo

I agree, I don't see someone getting this upset over one misguided endearment. We don't know everything that has happened both this season and in the past and it is very possible this is part of an extensive history between Will and Julie. I just don't think one incident would cause that severe of a reaction. My gut feeling is that it is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Posted by roxydog on 08-11-06 at 04:08 PM
As noted sweetheart jules calls will the evil doctor.

I was quite surprised that sweetheart jules used the language she did when speaking to Kaysar. That kind of language on national primetime TV is much more offending than sweetheart or jules. She could have broke the news to him quite differently if that was her only purpose.

Some of you are confused. BB7 is not a professional environment. It is reality tv show. It is entertainment.

This is the first season I have watched this show and I would not watch at all except for Will and Boogie. They are the only entertaining characters on this show.

Posted by kingfish on 08-11-06 at 04:08 PM

Hiya, Schweethaart!

Posted by Hoobie on 08-11-06 at 04:35 PM
OK - I just re-watched episode 12 where the offensive name calling occurred.
I'm sure you all remember this, but for those who don't, it went something like this:

Jules: Will, are you disappointed you aren't nominated?
Will: Yes, I am Julie. Anytime you want to change things up and put me up there, you let me know sweetheart.
Jules: Good to know.

Then she moves on to Boogie, without missing a beat.

Now, we ALL know what a poor reader of cooter cards she is, so if Will's comment truly flustered her, then she should have fumbled her words. She didn't. I think Les (or someone else) said something to her later.

That being said. Will is in the right, and I can't wait to see how he refers to her next!

Posted by Fishercat on 08-11-06 at 05:03 PM
Yeah, in a contestant-host relationship (For my money, they are on equal footing: putting in a type of work to an employer for potential compensation. One's the host and one's the contestant, but that doesn't put the host on a higher level than the contestant), if one person (say Julie) institutes an inflammatory comment (say, the evil doctor), I think the other person has a fair response to do the same thing. Of course, I think sweetheart's more a compliment than anything and that this is completely overblown. I don't see Manboobs telling Kami/Karli or BJ/Tyler or the Godlewski's to cease contact with him because they hugged him and smothered him, and I think that's far more scarring than a "sweetheart" from Dr. Will.

Please. You know that if, say, Boogie called Danielle "sweetheart", that no one would give a #####. I don't see how it's any different.

Posted by chappi66 on 08-11-06 at 05:09 PM
>Yeah, in a contestant-host relationship (For
>my money, they are on
>equal footing: putting in a
>type of work to an
>employer for potential compensation. One's
>the host and one's the
>contestant, but that doesn't put
>the host on a higher
>level than the contestant), if
>one person (say Julie) institutes
>an inflammatory comment (say, the
>evil doctor), I think the
>other person has a fair
>response to do the same
>thing.

You pointed out an interesting thing. When the live shows are happening and she is talking to the viewing public, she calls the HG's names like Evil Doctor Will etc. And the HG's have no clue they are being called names by her because they cannot hear her talk to us. However, I do not believe they would make issues of it if they knew.

Posted by allenjo on 08-11-06 at 05:44 PM
Before the 2nd HOH competition last night, Will was wearing his blue shirt saying "Julie's favorite" but he transformed it nto a half cut sleeveless. Is this some kind of protest to BB re: Jules?

I got these from BB chatter:
http://www.bigbrothercaps.com/screencaps/message.php?f=7&i=6954&t=6954
http://www.bigbrothercaps.com/screencaps/message.php?f=7&i=6956&t=6956

Posted by tamarama on 08-11-06 at 05:24 PM
>>I don't see Manboobs telling Kami/Karli or BJ/Tyler or the Godlewski's to cease contact with him because they hugged him and smothered him<<

HA!!

I had the same thought. Phil has dirty, sweaty, smelly people actually hugging & kissing him all the time!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-11-06 at 05:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

>Please. You know that if, say,
>Boogie called Danielle "sweetheart", that
>no one would give a #####. I don't see how
>it's any different.

It's also pretty hard to forget that this is the same 30-something year old woman who got involved with the 50-something year old married president of the company at which she worked and, according to reports, engaged in a multi-year affair with him before his wife of 20+ years finally filed for divorce. The idea that she is acting indignant and trying to claim any moral high ground is downright laughful -- frankly, she's an embarrassment to millions of professional women out there.

Posted by Tonya_Harding on 08-12-06 at 08:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-06 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06
>AT 05:51 PM (EST)

>
>>>
>It's also pretty hard to forget
>that this is the same
>30-something year old woman who
>got involved with the 50-something
>year old married president of
>the company at which she
>worked and, according to reports,
>engaged in a multi-year affair
>with him before his wife
>of 20+ years . The idea
>that she is acting indignant
>and trying to claim any
>moral high ground is downright
>laughful -- frankly, she's an
>embarrassment to millions of professional
>women out there.

I thought Julie was in her Late 40's

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 08-11-06 at 07:06 PM
I must have a little immaturity in my makeup also. I would have had to get in a Jules or Ms Chen(sarcastically) to make a point that she's a freak.

Posted by tribephyl on 08-15-06 at 04:55 AM
I would have had to get in a Jules or Ms Chen(sarcastically) to make a point that she's a freak.

How about "Thank you, Mrs. Moonves! May I have another?"

*Kablooie*

Posted by okaychatt on 08-12-06 at 04:22 PM
Julie acts like she's a princess, which in a way she is by being married to the head of CBS.

I can see both sides of this issue.

However, I after an in depth internal debate over the merit of her complaint, I award her ten cents in damages.

Will should be a gentleman and stop annoying her, but Julie should get over herself.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by ratedRsuperstar on 08-18-06 at 11:50 AM
last night will addresed her as julie chen. very funny. and just to mess with her some more howie said marcelios name wrong to piss her off

"On behalf of Julie"
Posted by tribephyl on 08-15-06 at 05:01 AM

But First...

Nope. Nothing wrong there.

Lime Helmet?

"RE: On behalf of Julie"
Posted by kingfish on 08-15-06 at 08:49 AM
Interviewer - "So Julie, what does LM like about you, lets go in order, shall we?"

Chenbotwhore "Well, he likes 'Butt First, so I say that quite alot. It's our lovers' TV code.",

"Then if he performs well, I give him a 'Hand,'"

"And if he needs more encouragement, I tell him what he needs to do to get 'Ahead'."

Was that too obvious?

"will"
Posted by ratedRsuperstar on 08-18-06 at 11:53 AM
last night will addresed her as julie chen. very funny. and just to mess with her some more howie said marcelios name wrong to piss her off

Posted by bdemoney on 08-18-06 at 06:41 PM
Tribe, That was freakin' hilarious! Thanks for sharing. You have made my day!

Posted by Das Mole on 08-18-06 at 09:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-06 AT 09:52 PM (EST)

LMAO. Oh I don't know what would happen to BB without Julie.

ETA: This one isn't too bad either

Oy vey.

Posted by AyaK on 08-19-06 at 09:44 AM
>Oh I don't know what would happen to BB without Julie.

Things would run smoothly on the live show?

Posted by chevy man on 08-19-06 at 09:15 PM
Julie is a total drag... thats what i hate about thursdays... having to hear her stupid questions.. like Will sd, she doesnt even watch the show

Posted by Chez on 08-25-06 at 01:10 PM
Will's words in addressing Julie continue to change. If I recall correctly, at the last eviction (Howie), Will addressed her as "Julie Chen". Last night (James eviction) I think Will avoided any salutary greeting at all. Correct me if I am wrong on this. Maybe even the "Julie Chen" greeting was regarded as disrespectful.

Posted by Savahnna on 08-25-06 at 01:16 PM
>Will's words in addressing Julie continue
>to change. If I
>recall correctly, at the last
>eviction (Howie), Will addressed her
>as "Julie Chen". Last
>night (James eviction) I think
>Will avoided any salutary greeting
>at all.
Correct me if
>I am wrong on this.
>Maybe even the "Julie Chen"
>greeting was regarded as disrespectful.

I thought too that with that gesture there was something going on there.

I'm not sure if it was a recourse of being reprimanded for calling her Julie Chen......but I thought he was probably reprimanded for something.

>