URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 956
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Kelly Has Dyslexia"

Posted by waldo555 on 04-05-05 at 04:55 PM
Hmm, I ran across this and thought it was sort of interesting:

"Kelly McCorkle is a 22-year old senior at North Greenville College in Greenville, South Carolina. She is a contestant in the upcoming Miss South Carolina Pageant, a state preliminary to the Miss America Pageant. Aside from being smart, beautiful, and talented, Kelly happens to have a learning disability.

In her early teens, McCorkle was diagnosed with Dyslexia and of the forty-three contestants competing in this year's Pageant, she is the only one who has chosen advocacy for the learning disabled, as her state-wide platform."

http://www.enabledonline.com/BackIssues/June2001/news3.html

Anyway I was wondering if anyone noticed on the race where she displays it. Could be interesting if she ever misreads a clue or something because of it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kelly Has Dyslexia"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 04-05-05 at 07:54 PM
interesting find waldo! I doubt it will come into play, since she's got someone to catch her something slips by her - the lone exception could be in a detailed roadblock, which could indeed be trouble, but usually the instructions are pretty basic or involve checklists - not the type of thing i would imagine would cause serious problems for a dyslexic (though i could be wrong). whatever the case, it's nice to know the contestants a bit more, and this tidbit adds some depth, so thanks

Posted by seahorse on 04-06-05 at 00:49 AM
I don't know about having Dyslexia, but she is definitely a wniner.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by trigirl on 04-06-05 at 09:49 AM
OMH...she is only 22? She seems waay older than that!

Posted by Spidey on 04-06-05 at 11:58 AM
That artile was June 01, so she is closer to 26 now.

Posted by nailbone on 04-06-05 at 12:01 PM

Maybe that's why she misread Corinthians and treated Ron like she did at the end...

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Posted by ginger on 04-06-05 at 02:21 PM
No, that was just because she's a hctib.

Posted by ElroyJetson on 04-06-05 at 02:38 PM
Thanks for making me spit my soda on my monitor 'Bone and Ginger!

--Elroy

Posted by ginger on 04-06-05 at 02:51 PM
Our job here is through.

Posted by weltek on 04-06-05 at 02:48 PM
Nice one, boner.

"but..."
Posted by AyaK on 04-07-05 at 06:40 PM
...while three teams were missing or misreading clues this week (B/G, M/G, U/J), Kelly didn't.

It's not her reading that she needs to have checked, it's her hearing! If Ron told her to STFU, the producers must have failed to get it on tape, because I doubt that they would have made her seem like a delusional loony otherwise.

Uh, and the balance thing? Guess ballet training doesn't count for much after all.

"RE: but..."
Posted by tvgeek401 on 04-07-05 at 07:27 PM
In her defense, I took ballet for seven years and I'm still unable to walk without falling into something.

OTOH, I was amazed at how fast Uchenna and Joyce got those buckets across. Amazing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!
<--is actually starting to not despise the Robfathah.
wait? Is this bashers? ignore the positive remarks.