URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 948
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ray and Deana's flight in the first class."

Posted by arturbars on 03-30-05 at 03:34 PM
I have some questions about that. I am not a die-hard TAR fan (only watched here and there before), so i don't know all the rules. But is not it against the rules to travel in the first class?

To me it gave them a clear cut advantage to get off the plane and claim the Fast Forward first, giving them two brand new cars - Deana i don't have a problem winning somethign, it's that azz-hole Ray - he really did not deserve to win anything. What a bull-sh!t oversight on CBS part.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ray and Deana's flight in the first class."
Posted by ginger on 03-30-05 at 03:36 PM
As far as I know, racers can only travel in economy class.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 03-30-05 at 03:40 PM
Is the prohibition on where they travel? Or is it on what kind of ticket they book/pay for? I didn't like Ray much, but if he booked an economy flight and managed to sweet talk the flight attendants into letting him ride at the front of the plane, I'm not certain that a rule has been "technically" broken.

Haven't others indicated that in previous seasons various Racers have been bumped up to first class after boarding?

a sig by syren

Posted by thisiskit on 03-30-05 at 03:41 PM
I too remeber a team last season being held up because they accidently purchased business class on the flight. THey said they were only allowed to fly coach. Were R/D bumped up by the airline or did they purchase first class tickets? I agree it was a total advantage for a team who hardly seemed deserving.

Posted by kvasir79 on 03-30-05 at 03:51 PM
didn't really give them any advantage to be in first class. They still have to wait for lugguages doesn't matter how fast they get off the plane.

"Not true"
Posted by arturbars on 03-30-05 at 03:56 PM
the only two teams that had to wait for luggage were Uchena and Joyce and team POW

"RE: Not true"
Posted by kvasir79 on 03-30-05 at 04:15 PM
So you are telling me all the other teams magically got their lugguages from the undercarriage without going through customs and waiting at the conveyor belt? Anyone who has flown internationally KNOWS that EVERYONE has to wait.

Even though all the teams are on the same flight the race only starts when they start to reclaim their bags, which is the random component of the game. They only showed U/J being the last out of the airport.

Posted by arturbars on 03-30-05 at 05:00 PM
Ok, we might need some outside opinion here, but if i am not mistaken, those two teams were the only ones that had to check their back-packs in, everyone else was allowed to carry them on board.

Posted by kvasir79 on 03-30-05 at 05:10 PM
yeah... i'd definitely appreciate another opinion. I recall everyone has backpacks about the same dimension. I don't see why some are allowed as carry-on's. I'll watch closely at their lugguages next time.

One thing for sure, Meredith and Gretchen wouldn't have to wait for their lugguages anymore.

Posted by Spidey on 03-30-05 at 05:13 PM
I'm really maxing out on my superhero-to-the-rescue duties today.

It was only Ron/Kelly & Uchenna/Joyce who had to check their luggage. Apparently, their check-in attendant was more of a stickler than the attendant who checked the other teams in earlier.

If you watch the tape, most of the teams exit the aricraft and start looking straight away for transportation. Only those 2 teams had to check their bags. I am SURE of it.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 03-30-05 at 05:22 PM
And those two teams purchased tickets from a different clerk than the rest. In fact, I think those two teams were the only teams to purchase the tickets at the airline counter instead of the general counter.

Posted by Spidey on 03-30-05 at 05:35 PM
That's what I meant - a totally different airline clerk. For some reason, I couldn't come up with a better descriptor than "check-in attendant."

And, yes, it did appear to be a different counter entirely.

It's been a long day.

Posted by Spidey on 03-30-05 at 03:44 PM
No offense, arturbars, but for the fourthousandth time, contestants may only BUY economy class tickets. If they can finagle their way into first class or are offered first class upgrade AFTER they have purchased econony tickets, no infraction.

It's a non-issue.

Posted by ginger on 03-30-05 at 03:48 PM
Ah. Now I see. When you need split hairs explained, you need a lawyer.

Posted by Spidey on 03-30-05 at 03:52 PM
You insulting my split ends?

It IS time for a trim, now that you mention it.

Posted by ginger on 03-30-05 at 04:34 PM
At least you get to be a lawyer. I just play one. And work for them.

And I think your hair looks terrific.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 03-30-05 at 05:16 PM
I could make an Iggles reference here . . .

But I won't. Besides, nobody in the NFL uses the term "split end" anymore.

"Thanks to all"
Posted by arturbars on 03-30-05 at 03:54 PM
No offense taken, spidey. I am only a die-hard Survivor fan and only watched a few episodes of TAR here and there in the previous seasons. I hope it was not me asking this same question for the past four thousand times? I must have smoken something really good if i don't remember asking that ;)

I was almost certain of this rule, but i had to double check becasue i was not sure if R/D bought those tickets or sneaked their way in. i guess i just missed that part.

Props to azz-hole Ray if he managed to get flight attendants to let them in. In any case, that gave them the cars and they really should not have won jack sh!t for their poor attitude (especially Ray)

"RE: Thanks to all"
Posted by Spidey on 03-30-05 at 04:02 PM
I hope it was not me asking this same question for the past four thousand times? I must have smoken something really good if i don't remember asking that

If you share, I won't care even it is was you every time (which it wasn't).

"RE: Thanks to all"
Posted by arturbars on 03-30-05 at 04:57 PM
I always share when it comes to good and happy times!!! I ain't stingy...