URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 940
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Note for Andrew, who must have a bullet-proof vest..."

Posted by mindy23 on 03-25-10 at 09:14 AM
You obviously have a fan base who believes in you, and feels you are worth spending money on, for at least the tour.

And I believe you have a great deal of integrity to go through what you do week after week, with the critiques from the judges. Their biggest being song choices.

I have a suggestion for you. You are one of the only, if only, Latino contestants to make it this far. Play it up, dude, and start doing some "Los Lonely Boys", and others who have that Hispanic flavor to their rhythms and tunes. IMHO, this could be just that IT factor that would get you where the judges would be wow'ed and you could actually get back to your roots and finally find a spot for yourself!

When you did that infamous Paula song, you did it in a style that was similar to something Gloria Estevan, Marc Anthony, Julio Iglesias would do! Hang in THAT world, and see what happens! I hope to God someone reads this, or a little birdie takes notes and puts a bug in your ear. THIS is where you belong, dude! I don't get why no one else is seeing this!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Note for Andrew, who must have a bullet-proof vest..."
Posted by zazzy on 03-25-10 at 08:41 PM
I like your suggestion for him. This season I can understand more than ever what the judges have been harping about regarding song choice. These guys have made it so obvious when they pick the wrong one!

BTW, David Archuletta and Alison Iraheta made if pretty far on AI ;) .

"RE: Note for Andrew, who must have a bullet-proof vest..."
Posted by zazzy on 04-02-10 at 10:28 AM
I read on another board that:

--Andrew has something like 1 million? 5 million? views on his you tube channel and that he has collaborated with other performers on you tube.

--Andrew was THE worldwide trending topic on Twitter for one and a half hours after AI aird on the east coast on Tuesday night, then trended top ten? top topic? again after the show aired on the west coast.

Andrew has more support than I ever suspected/understood. Andrew's not going anywhere for awhile. I think this means Andrew outlasts Tim, Katie, Aaron?, & Michael? Or, he could eventually be in the bottom 2 with Crystal, Lee, Siobhan, or Casey as the surprise boot. Yikes.