URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 937
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Did Chenbot screw up the HOH comp last night?"

Posted by shakes the clown on 08-04-06 at 03:55 PM
I think its pretty obvious that Chenbot messed up yet again on tghe live show, this time while giving the instructions for the HOH comp.

First, she told the contestants go get under the web and hang on with their arms and legs. Next thing you know, everyone is on top of the web and laying down like they're about to take a nap in a hammock. Apparently, a couple hours later CBS corrected this and allowed the contestants to LET GO of the web for a minute so they could reposition themselves under the web like they were originally supposed to.

This is getting insane, the amount of screwups she does on a weekly basis. Now I understand she is sleeping with the CEO of CBS but even still, don't they even rehearse??? Or how about having an earpiece so the producers can tell her when she is messing up?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Did Chenbot screw up the HOH comp last night?"
Posted by Snidget on 08-04-06 at 04:05 PM
Clever marketing?

The longer the HOH endurance comp goes on the more people sign up for live feeds?

I too, listened to the instructions, watched the hamsters, and wondered just how laying on the web is the same as hanging on from underneath.

Either that or she has a bug feature in her programing.

Posted by bdemoney on 08-04-06 at 04:15 PM
I sincerely doubt it is a clever marketing ploy.

My opinion is that the Chenbot is a complete idiot. From the useless comments she makes about the HGs as they walk up to vote, live in the DR, to the blatant mistakes she makes again and again and again in the HOH competitions.

How, she has been hosting the same show for seven years now, (did she host the first two seasons? I didn't see them...) and still can't manage to get simple things correct, like announcing the correct winner or the ability to make sure people are "hanging" from a web vs. "lying" on a web is beyond me.

As Shakes said, the only reason she doesn't lose her job is cuz she sleeps with the CEO of CBS. What a joke!

"did you notice"
Posted by shakes the clown on 08-04-06 at 04:19 PM

>From the useless comments she
>makes about the HGs as
>they walk up to vote,
>live in the DR,

..did you guys notice that this year they cut down on some of the downtime by having the next person voting already on his/her way into the DR as the last person is leaving, as opposed to past years where Chenbot would tell the person after tehy are done voting to go out and tell so and so to go vote.

"RE: did you notice"
Posted by Estee on 08-04-06 at 04:29 PM
*nods* I figured they wanted to speed things up so they'd have more time to establish the HoH competition. Weird seeing people high-five in the hallway -- we'll see if they keep it up next week.

And still she managed to confuse Diane and Danielle.

Posted by Chez on 08-04-06 at 04:26 PM
"As Shakes said, the only reason she doesn't lose her job is cuz she sleeps with the CEO of CBS. What a joke!"

She is actually married to him.

Posted by Estee on 08-04-06 at 04:27 PM
Well, presumably that means they get to sleep together. Except in Ohio.

Posted by Estee on 08-04-06 at 04:09 PM
Shakes, I think we reached the point where it was news if she didn't screw up an HoH competition about two seasons ago. She may do some rehearsals, but they're minimal at best: I always got the impression she spent six hours in makeup and reached the set about five minutes before airtime. As for an earpiece -- no way. It would conflict with her Outfit Of The Week. There's probably a teleprompter monitor just out of our sight, cueing her on questions to ask. Unlike Jeff, there's no way she's getting hourly updates on the contestants between appearances. "I'm here! Are they all still alive? Oh, who cares. Start the first layer."

I didn't record the episode, so I can't go back and check her exact instructions. I just don't think we can disregard the chance of the hamsters having mutually decided 'You know, she's too dumb to figure out if we're doing it wrong -- let's go on top of the web, just to see if we can get away with it.'

Posted by Just Plain Bill on 08-04-06 at 04:11 PM
<<...Or how about having an earpiece so the producers can tell her when she is messing up?>>

Not a workable idea as far as Les is concerned. Her head would DEFINITELY explode then where would he be?

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-04-06 at 04:15 PM
I miss most of her mistakes because I rarely pay attention to her anymore.

A wonderful Tribe original

Posted by Bob Tomato on 08-04-06 at 06:51 PM
I was pretty sure that Julie had messed it up, too. Once everyone was settled onto the hammock, the HoH competition could have gone on for a week. I expect the producers were hoping that with about 7 or 8 minutes before the credits that someone might fall off during the show and collect an egg.

Julie is pretty dumb. But, she is also really hot, so i won't hear another word against her.

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-04-06 at 07:32 PM
But hot, dumb chicks should be seen and not heard.

A wonderful Tribe original

Posted by vince3 on 08-04-06 at 07:23 PM
She originally said hang then lay on the web. I think the change occured because they had lowered the web too low to hang off of to start for some of the bigger peeps (or peeps with longer arms and legs...) without causing an automatic disqualification.

A gift from Cygnus!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-04-06 at 08:49 PM
Now now, we can't expect her to get Diane and Danielle straight. After all, Danielle contains all the letters of Diane although admittedly shuffled. Plus a few extra ones. Blame casting for putting the Letter D on the show twice.

Has she called James Janelle yet? She will.
Lucky for her Jase is gone. 3 letter J's, enough to cause a chenbot programming meltdown.

Posted by HowiesBF on 08-05-06 at 01:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-06 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-05-06 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

Is there any doubt now why CBS went after NBC's Katie Couric to host the "CBS Evening News" and NOT their own Julie Chen?

If Chen was chosen, we'd hear something like this in September...

"President Cheney...err, Vice President Cheney... said today that he expects to deploy more Asian...Im sorry, American soldiers to Italy...I mean Iran next month...that's next week, sorry..."

Then there will always be the 2008 Presidential election she will have to cover...

"...When we return, the live voting results from across America on who will be our next President..."

Posted by maryellennaco on 08-05-06 at 06:40 PM
She not only sleeps with Les Moonves, she's MRS. Moonves!! So, whatever she does, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!