URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 934
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"American Idol Live Tour"

Posted by tarebear on 05-08-04 at 06:48 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you a heads up on a way to get tickets to the tour early. They usually go on sale on the 22nd, but this site tells you how to get them five days early!! http://www.poptarts.com/promotions/poptarts/ai_main.html I can't wait to see George again singing live.... I miss him already.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: American Idol Live Tour"
Posted by shedevil on 05-08-04 at 09:18 PM
I miss him already too, just knowing he's not going to be there this coming week is sad. Just to let everyone know, in case you don't know already, Matt & Leah were not invited to be involved with the tour.

Posted by callalilly3000 on 05-08-04 at 09:26 PM
That would be true She-Devil, only the top 10 are invited to go on tour.

I went to the AI concert last year and there were only 9. Josh Gracin was not present, I thnk he was over seas.

Posted by britneyfan04 on 05-08-04 at 11:01 PM
You know I think I am happy he's not there because I did not like the way he sang.He did not give me chills.Like Jamsime dose.She gives me chills every week.I would be sad if she left.Still some one leaves every week.

Posted by shedevil on 05-08-04 at 11:04 PM
Jasmine gives me a headache, too many flat notes in every single song she sings.

Posted by Kraz4clay on 05-09-04 at 03:38 AM
Well shedevil if Jasmine gives you a headache Then why don't you use ear plugs that way you won't have to hear her sing..I voted for Jennifer even tho some times I was not to happy with the way she would scream in some of her songs, BUT I never did put her down the way I see you always have nothing good to say about Jasmine. I'am guessing you don't like her. She may not be your kind of singer but even still thats know way to treat a young girl that is trying her best.At least give that girl a break, she must be doing something good to be one of the top 4.I could say the same for Fantasia and her yeah..yeah.yeah in every song that she sings.But that is her way of singing just like Jasmine has her own way of singing. What flat notes sounds to you may not sound the same way to others. All of the singers have great voices so please give them even the ones you don't like a chance.

Posted by shedevil on 05-09-04 at 03:54 AM
Well kraz4clay, if you don't like what I say about Jasmine, and you notice I do it often, why do you read my posts? I have the right to say whatever I want to about Jasmine or any of the other finalists. That's what these forums are for, opinions, positive and negative. My kind of singer, doesn't go off key every time they sing. Jasmine knew what she was getting into when she auditioned, she also knew that she would be subjected to negative comments. It's to be expected when you parade yourself and your voice for the world to see. No she doesn't have to be doing something good to be where she is, for all we know she's there because people think she looks good.I'm not the only one who notices her off key singing, even the judges tell her she's "pitchy".I gave Jasmine a chance and like Simon said she hasn't grown or improved in this competition. The only thing she has proved to me over and over is that she can't sing more than one song without being totally winded and screechy.If she gave me a reason to like her singing I would change my view on her voice. For instance, Fantasia, at first I couldn't stand her voice or her attitude, but she mellowed out, and when she isn't doing an "over-the-top" song, I realized how nice her voice is.Jasmine will be gone soon so I won't need ear plugs. Also the statement you made about me never having anything good to say about Jasmine is false.

Here's one of my posts about her. It may not be a post full of compliments for her, but I said I started to like it, until she went flat.

I started to like Jasmine's first song and she went flat twice as expected. The second song was a nightmare, she was screeching and flat the entire time. *shrugs* It was exactly what I expected from her.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=919&forum=DCForumID44&omm=111

Posted by tarebear on 05-09-04 at 10:47 PM
Ok......so what does everyone think about Diana? I feel like Jasmine, George, La Toya, and Fantasia are getting all the focus when Diana is still in the competition too. I personally, don't really know why she is still around. I don't think she is horrible or anything like that, it is just that she doesn't strike me as a star. I can't imagine her going anywhere after the show is over.

Posted by shedevil on 05-09-04 at 11:31 PM
I liked Diana the first time I heard her sing, and I still like her but I don't think she has what it takes to win this competition, but then again, if Hilary Duff and Britney Spears can trick people into thinking they can sing.....

Posted by JOSHIDOL on 05-10-04 at 03:29 PM
Jasmine to me always sounds the same, the songs are the same type. She has yet to get into a fast, upbeat song. Disco night is going to be rough for her but who knows the way this show is going this year, she could be the winner..
How many hours behind us is Hawaii time??
When do they get the show and vote?
Also, I read where the producers have the voting results at midnight. How would Hawaii play into this..
Anyway, Jasmine needs a lot more training vocally..

Posted by shedevil on 05-10-04 at 05:46 PM
That's how I see Jasmine too. She needs a lot of training. Then again, a good voice doesn't matter if after one song you can't sing without screeching and going flat. Her voice might not be strong enough for it.

Posted by tarebear on 05-10-04 at 08:01 PM
In regards to the Hawaiin time thing.... I agree that it is shady that they aren't more specific about the way they tally the votes. Hmmm. Anyway, I agree that Jasmine and Diana both need a lot more training and practice. But hey, they are young and in the final four. Not a bad show

"sponsor"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 05-21-04 at 10:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-04 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

Does anyone else find it really funny that the AI summer tour is being sponsored by "Pop Tarts"?

yo,yo,yo wass up dawg, "pop" "tarts", get it? a'ight!

"RE: sponsor"
Posted by zombiebaby on 05-21-04 at 10:54 AM

Very ironic I might add, which of these would you call a "tart"?

John Stevens?

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

"You don't need pants for the victory dance"