URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 929
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Edit in last night's show"

Posted by iloverob on 08-02-06 at 10:20 AM
Not sure where to ask this question, but figured it's kinda bashing CBS, so I'll ask it here.

I watched the clip on YouTube.com of James confronting Janelle in HOH room about her possibly putting up Diane. I never heard or saw Kasar on that Clip, yet when it aired last night, Kasar was there and talking. Did CBS splice it together to make it look like Kasar was there or did I just totally miss that he was in the room....and talking?

Also, I noticed that they took the look Janelle gave at the beginning of James' rant and spliced it in at the end of his rant to make it look like that was her final reaction when it was actually her initial reaction.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Edit in last night's show"
Posted by nailbone on 08-02-06 at 01:06 PM
also, according to Dingo, that scene in the gym where James tells Dani that "Janelle is GONE!!" is taken WAY out of context in order to make James look like the betrayed victim.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by shantheWOman on 08-02-06 at 01:48 PM

The FREQUENTLY edit things out of context. They use footage from different days alltogether and make it look as though it was happening at one time.

They often will edit in a reaction from on HG as IF they are responding to a conversation when they actually weren't even present and didn't hear a thing.

Show me you're nuts : )

Posted by iloverob on 08-02-06 at 02:41 PM
How do you guys stand it when you know what really happened and then see them spin it in a different direction all the time? Just that one scene last night drove me nuts. I had to make it my business to e-mail everyone I knew who watches to tell them it didn't really go down like that.

Now I kinda understand how people on the boards end up with such different opinions since everyone is coming from different perspectives. Someone who watches has a different perspective from someone who just reads (me), or from someone who just sees the show. Even though everyone has the same general understanding of what happened, the little things add up to form your opinion.

That makes me look at things a lot differently.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-02-06 at 07:43 PM
It's funny that you mention this. This morning when I came to work, several of my co-workers were upset at "Janelle's betrayal". I had to explain to them that the editing was deceitful. We may argue whether Janey's decisions were good or bad, but the one certain thing is that Janelle has not betrayed her alliance. She made a strategic decision that could benefit her in the game, but she's tried to protect the Sovs + Marcellas in every step of the way. You don't get that when you watch the show on TV. The editors are very manipulative.

Posted by shantheWOman on 08-02-06 at 10:51 PM

You have to take the "reality" part of reality shows with a grain of salt.

Show me you're nuts : )

Posted by shabalaba on 08-02-06 at 11:15 PM
so would someone paraphrase for me what exactly did happen contrary to what CBS showed us on TV??? pretty please?
Thanks!

Posted by guccilizzy on 08-02-06 at 11:57 PM
>Not sure where to ask this
>question, but figured it's kinda
>bashing CBS, so I'll ask
>it here.
>
>I watched the clip on YouTube.com
>of James confronting Janelle in
>HOH room about her possibly
>putting up Diane. I
>never heard or saw Kasar
>on that Clip, yet when
>it aired last night, Kasar
>was there and talking.
>Did CBS splice it together
>to make it look like
>Kasar was there or did
>I just totally miss that
>he was in the room....and
>talking?
>
>Also, I noticed that they took
>the look Janelle gave at
>the beginning of James' rant
>and spliced it in at
>the end of his rant
>to make it look like
>that was her final reaction
>when it was actually her
>initial reaction.

Can someone post a link to that video, please? I searched youtube but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance

Posted by iloverob on 08-03-06 at 08:53 AM
I don't know how to link, but if you go to youtube and search 'bb7 james calls janelle' you will find the clips called james calls janelle out on her lies parts 1 - 3.

Posted by guccilizzy on 08-03-06 at 04:42 PM
Thank you! I'll try that!

Posted by FlamingCactusIT on 08-03-06 at 06:11 PM
Yep. It's true. Editing out of context is extremely frequent. In fact, I remember watching some "Behind the Scenes" thing years ago, and they showed some clip of people talking about Erika on BB4 and how they spliced it to look like Erika could hear the conversation.

Posted by oasisfan1994 on 08-03-06 at 07:21 PM
This is a 3 part clip of James calling Janelle out on her lies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVU9BfHAmE

pt 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6StNpmPaiSU

pt 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDBFuLzcvds