URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 927
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Amber needs to be aware and watch Rob!"

Posted by KatieR on 03-23-05 at 08:37 PM
Rob will have no guilt about treating her the way he treats other people. I can't stand the way she follows him around like a puppy dog. Be your own woman, Amber!! Good grief! He's a slog and he'll give you a dose of his medicine one day!

I love the show, but having them on has ruined this season. If they'd get voted-off then we could enjoy it.

I really believe that all Rob/Amber supporters are family or friends, because no one else could really like them. Hey, they are probably posting themselves!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Amber needs to be aware and watch Rob!"
Posted by Ziapal on 03-23-05 at 08:45 PM
If only they could be voted off!

The problem is that someone voted them on - the producers of TAR. And that was a gross mistake on their part. Let's not cross-fertilize between reality shows. There are plenty of contestants around who would love to have had the chance to be on. There was no reason to foist Mr+Miss Dis on us again.

What goes around comes around, and Amber will get hers, too, and be surprised about it. But remember that she was the bad Survivor in Australia girl's - forgot her name! just goes to show how long reality fame lasts - best buddy. Amber has no taste in friends or lovers.

Posted by DannySas on 03-23-05 at 08:55 PM
You are SO wrong about them. They are one of the best matched couples I have ever seen. All you have seen of Rob is on TV and playing two games that require whits and manipulation. He plays both very well! They are two people that are a match made in....well, TV. Either way, I predict they will be together for life. True love is impossible to separate.

I am a devout TAR fan and this is one of the best seasons thus far...due to Rob and Amber!

THEY ROCK!

"This is Fanatics not Bashers"
Posted by IceCat on 03-23-05 at 09:03 PM
We have a Bashers forum where negative comments about the show are posted. Moving this thread to Bashers.

Posted by nailbone on 03-24-05 at 11:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-05 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

I really believe that all Rob/Amber supporters are family or friends, because no one else could really like them.

Neither friend nor family, and I LOVE 'em!!! And there are others here that do, too.

And I think the idea that Rb will someday do harm to Amber is just silly. Yeah, he's manipulative and bends the rules a bit, but we've never seen him actually harm anyone.

But since this is Bashers, I'll go back to Fanatics for all the Romber love.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Posted by thndrkttn on 03-24-05 at 01:55 PM
Good Lord Boner! Don't you know that Rob has the same sociopathic tendencies as "golden boy" Scott Peterson and is eventually going to do harm to Ambuh? Geesh! Where ya been?

If I had to read the term "golden boy" one more time in that other thresd, I was going to throw my monitor through my non-existent, inner office window!

Posted by iatovttotx78 on 03-24-05 at 03:38 PM
I agree with you 150%! In all those posts I don't think I ever really got the definition of "golden boy" that I was looking for (i.e., one that actually said what the syndrome was supposed to entail). But let it be known, I don't want to start that discussion here. As far as I'm concerned that discussion can die, with the other post.

Contradictions don't exist. When faced with a contradiction, check you're premises, one of them is wrong!

Posted by nailbone on 03-24-05 at 03:44 PM
I actually think I figured out what a2k was trying to say with that. It's that both Rob and Scott are evil, but folks still love 'em and are willing to overlook their bad stuff cuz their so charming, etc. (Not my opinion, just my translation of a2k's opinion).

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Posted by HistoryDetective on 03-24-05 at 03:47 PM
I think that you overstate the evil part, but in spirit that gets at what I took a2k to mean. However, instead of rehashing that whole discussion here, how about if we either continue it in the thread where it started or let it drop?

a sig by syren

Posted by thndrkttn on 03-24-05 at 03:46 PM
Hiya Tim!

I personally am a huge fan of Rob's and thought that analysis was a little (read:ALOT) kooky.

Posted by Drive My Car on 03-25-05 at 01:15 PM

Now that's just the strawberries talking!

*giggle*

Posted by thndrkttn on 03-25-05 at 01:49 PM
Weeeeeeeee!

My husband just brought that up last night when we were talking about my Survivor Boyfriend.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 03-24-05 at 12:11 PM
have to disagree I LOVE ROMBER. I was a fan of Rob's from his first survivor stint I felt like he got a raw deal I was cheering him and Amber on in All Stars and I wasn't going to watch this AR because it had gotten so boring none of the couples were FUN So thanks to Romber I am watching and loving this season

from my POV it seems that they are very much in love with each other he obviously adores her I think it's sweet (and my motto is usually "I hate happy people")

I could see if I did not like them how this season of AR would suck

I have never laughed so much and so hard at a Reality show !!!

Posted by DannySas on 03-24-05 at 12:45 PM
Pretty_Kitty........I agree 100%. Those two make the shoe this season! I LMAO ever time I seem them. They are seriously funny to watch how they play the game. I loved the episode when they bribed the security guard to not tell the other teams and then he convinced the other 4 teams at the front of the bus to bribe the driver to not open the back door! HILARIOUS !!!

He played well when he decided not to eat the meat! Very smart! He probably has a very high IQ.

Posted by Cleveland Guy on 03-24-05 at 12:53 PM
This is so far off base it's not even funny

Posted by DannySas on 03-24-05 at 12:55 PM
I dont understand what everones issue is with Rob and Amber. I think people are just envious of them!

"Believe it or not..."
Posted by FesterFan1 on 03-24-05 at 07:13 PM
...there are people in the world who can separate games from real life. Just saying is all.

Your name wouldn't happen to be Lex, would it?

Fester
I guess I should stop bluffing when I play poker, otherwise I'll get a reputation as a liar.

"RE: Believe it or not..."
Posted by Drive My Car on 03-25-05 at 00:31 AM

Hi Mr. Fester!

If you have ever bluffed at Poker, I feel it is my duty to inform your wife that she may be in danger from you.
I also hope you have never stollen a Cab, or talked some old people out of eating some really gross sh*t.
Because that would be BAD.

Just saying

Posted by TerriBlue on 03-25-05 at 01:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-05 AT 01:35 AM (EST)

Well, I don't think KatieR was saying that Amber's in physical danger from Rob, just that she may find herself on the other end of one of Rob's head games one of these days. And I agree with KatieR. It's not that Rob bluffs, steals cabs or lies to others. It's that he takes such great pleasure in screwing people over. He runs a good game, and a lot of his dirty tricks are totally unnecessary, but he loves doing them anyway. Like not giving his money to the bus driver. He could have explained he was worried about money, but he just smirks and winks to the camera. Likewise, his "How's your stomach, Ron?" taunt to Ron, when Ron isn't one of their haters. Or talking about siphoning off the gas off one of the cars. I can separate game strategy from game attitude it's Rob's attitude that makes me dislike him, not his strategy

I know teams screw each other over during the game - it's expected, but Rob loves being an a$$hole and that's what makes some people think Amber's going to be in for it. I have no doubt that he loves Amber, but if he gets the chance to cheat on her, he'll do it in a heartbeat just because:

A. He can
B. He likes to see how much he can get away with
C. Manipulating people is a game to him. He said so himself

"I agree..."
Posted by watermelon on 03-25-05 at 04:23 AM
...with everything you've said. I don't like how he genuinely seems to enjoy screwing people over rather than just doing things for strategy. Case in point: stealing Debbianca's cab. Not because, "We need to get to the next stop quicker than them so we can beat them" but because "This will teach them to accuse us of being liars" said with a snicker, when in fact they ARE liars!

"RE: I agree..."
Posted by TechNoir on 03-26-05 at 09:05 AM
I don't see it as enjoying screwing people over. I see it as sheer child-like joy in winning. He is the most competitive person I have ever seen. And he loves to win. Stunningly, he takes losing and being behind very well because he does understand (as FesterFan said) the difference between the game and real life.

"Fear is just another word for ignorance." Hunter S. Thompson

"RE: I agree..."
Posted by watermelon on 03-27-05 at 03:17 AM
But how is stealing their cab "winning"? It didn't give them any advantage at all because Debbianca still got to the next stop before opening time. And they can't have thought stealing their cab would make a difference anyway, because Debbianca were at a hotel, ie EASY to get a cab and get to the next stop on time. There was still quite a bit of time left to get there too. So... if that move didn't do anything to further them in the game, how can you say it was for "the joy of winning"? No, I think that move was done purely for the joy of wanting to screw people over. Especially because of what Rob said about wanting to "teach them".

Having said that, I've been going through S4, A.S.S. and TAR insider clips on the various websites, and I have to say I dislike him less with each show he's on. I think he has grown up a lot since S4, and mellowed a bit - slightly less arrogant, less abrasive and impulsive... I agree, he's playing a smart game and is actually quite articulate, not dumb as a rock at all. Who knows? Maybe once he's been through ALL the reality shows, he may improve so much with each show he goes on that I might actually LOVE him in 10 years time!

Posted by true on 03-25-05 at 09:45 AM
It's only 2 posts up, but I'll quote Fester here again-

"Believe it or not..."
...there are people in the world who can separate games from real life. Just saying is all.

From your logic, you'd think that boxers would be abusers outside the ring, Hockey players would go around fighting constantly, Football players couldn't resist the urge to tackle little old ladies, etc..and so on.

It's a GAME!

"Believe it or not..."

I guess there will also always be people like Lex in the world too, those who can't separate game play from real life. What a sad, bitter existance that must be.

Posted by TerriBlue on 03-25-05 at 12:20 PM
I guess there will also always be people like Lex in the world too, those who can't separate game play from real life. What a sad, bitter existance that must be.

Really? If the way players act during the game doesn't show anything about their real personality, why doesn't anyone believe Jonathan when he said he was playing a game and he is never, ever abusive to Victoria in real life? Anyone want to defend Jonathan by saying he's only like that during the game? Any takers?

Like I said above - actions can be put into game context, but attitude is another thing. Mike Tyson was a boxer who played to hurt others. Surprise, surprise, he hurt someone in real life as well. Several football players are agressive during the game and are just as agressive in real life - look at the rape statistics involving sports heroes. Some sports peopel are gracious during the game and just as gracious in day to day life

Posted by true on 03-25-05 at 03:21 PM
Come back and talk to me when Rob abuses Amber on TV. Then, you can compare him to Jonathon. Do you honestly rank hiring a cab out from under another competitor as the same thing? Oh, and I love the way you lump all types of people together by the actions of a select few. How very open minded of you. I now see clearly just EXACTLY where you're coming from. (and it scares the h.e.l.l. out of me)

Posted by TerriBlue on 03-25-05 at 07:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-05 AT 07:37 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-25-05 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

You have completely missed the point of my post. I never said that Rob is just like Jonathan. I said it's a double standard to justify what Rob does and how Rob acts during TAR by saying "It's a game, not real life" and then condemning how Jonathan acts and what Jonathan does during a game by saying: "OMG, Jonathan is an abuser!!!" You didn't see how Jonathan treats Victoria in daily life, just how he treats her from day to day when he's not running a race for a million dollars. But as your post shows, you've written him off as abusing Victoria, purely on how he acted during a game. You want to say you don't find Rob's attitude as obnoxious as Jonathan's, then fine, but say: "It's a game, not real life" and we may as well excuse all of the racers' behavior because we're only seeing them during the game. Flo probably isn't a nagging harpy when it's not a game, Lynn and Alex probably aren't so irritable, Hayden isn't as shrewish, etc, etc

And I don't lump all people together by the actions of a select few. I said that some people will act a certain way during a game and they act the exact same way during real life. Let me explain this in the simplest terms possible, so you can't possibly misunderstand this time.

Mike Tyson like to play dirty and violent in the ring. It does not mean that all boxers are dirty and violent. However, Mike Tyson also played dirty in real life. Therefore, it's a pretty safe bet to say his dirty and aggressive attitude is part of his personality,not just part of the sports persona.

Gene Kelly was supposedly a very competitive player even when playing stone, paper, scissors. He took things seriously, and he took things just as seriously in real life - worked 18 hour days, showed up for work early, practiced endlessly to be the best. He was competitive in games because that was just part of his real-life personality

So although somebody's game persona may be diametrically opposite to their true personality, this isn't always the case. Sometimes what you show during the game is what you are. And for the 3rd time - I could care less about Rob's actions as long as he doesn't hurt someone. What disturbs me is his attitude of glee every time he screws someone over and the fact that he tries to screw people even when it's not necessary. He has said in interviews that he likes the feeling of manipulating people, that that is the best part of the game for him, not just doing better in the game. In his own words, he has said he likes playing with people's heads and it in't just about what's good game play

To use an example, if I see a Football player break another player's arm during a tackle, then I just think it's perils of the game. However, if I see the tackler smiling smugly every time at he looks at the injured player's arm, saying: "That will teach him to get in my way," or deliberately reaching out to slap the injured player's arm, even when the injured player is nowhere near the ball, then I'm going to have a very bad feeling about that tackler

And if you are so terrified and saddened just because another poster on a message board thinks what you see may be what you get, all I can say is watch out for the scary big world out there then, because there are a lot of Robs and they will eat you for breakfast

Posted by true on 03-26-05 at 00:35 AM
Um, I *saw* Jonathon abuse Victoria during the game. So far, I've seen Rob be nothing but wonderful with Amber. Uh, isn't this topic a warning to Amber about Rob? I think it is.

Like I said, if you think Rob getting back at a team, by taking their taxi is on the same level as the kindof abuse we saw from Jonathon, you are wrong. Taking "glee" from beating teams that are being hostile and rude is hardly a crime.

If Rob is so obnoxious, than what are Lynn, Alex, and Patrick? Their hateful comments have been way over the top of anything Rob has said.

Rob knows they're saying those things, and when he whoops them each week he takes satisfaction for doing so. Big whoop! I can't say I blame him.

Rob doesn't scream at Amber like Jonathon did to Victoria, he doesn't shove Amber either. Rob doesn't have big screaming melt downs at ticket counters or roadblocks. Before it's over, maybe he will, but I'd really like to know exactly what he's done that is soooo evil in this race!

All your Mike Tyson and Gene Kelly babble means nothing to me. Those people have nothing to do with this TV show, and they have nothing to do with Rob.

Don't you worry about me in that big bad world of yours, full of competitive manipulators. I'll just leave the worrying to the paranoid judgmental types.

Posted by DannySas on 03-26-05 at 02:07 AM
I’ll say it again! Rob and Amber are one of the best matched couples I have ever seen. I have never seen Rob lose his cool in Survivor or TAR! He is very level headed and so is she. Has anyone ever seen the movie “The Princess Bride”? If not the movie is about true love. I’m not a relationship expert by any means but I know true love when I see it. Rob & Amber have found true love. Bottom line!

So to all of you Rob and Amber haters, who find reasons to fault them, YOU ARE WRONG! SO, SO WORNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are a match made in heaven and I predict they will celebrate a 50th anniversary one day. This game is for a million dollars and it takes creative thinking to win. As long as you don’t break the law, or break the rules, it’s FAIR GAME! Anyone ever see “Around the World in 80 Days”?

Who are you to say it’s wrong to take someone else’s taxi? Teams have been screwing each other since the first episode. The only reason all of you Rob and Amber haters have issues with them is because she is the “pretty girl who won a million bucks, and she was already on a reality TV show……………AND Rob is the guy who manipulated his way to the final in Survivor! HELLO, the precedence of the way to win that game was set by Richard who manipulated everyone………..and guess what----------he won! So Why is Rob the bad guy? Don’t bother answering. I know you will but it’s all rhetoric!

I only wish I was in a relationship like they are in. They are two very fortunate people to have found each other.

TRUE LOVE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by TerriBlue on 03-26-05 at 06:00 PM
I'm WORNG? Is that infectious and does it need shots? ;) *kidding, kidding*

Well, if you love them, good for you and more power to you, but the fact is that some of us don't and that's just the way it is. I have no problem with people liking Rob and Amber, but I don't like that I've read at least 5 posts from Rob and Amber defenders saying that anyone who hates them is: jealous, delusional, wrong or just not converted yet. I haven't told anyone who loves Rob and Amber that they are delusional or jealous of the other teams. It'd be nice

I saw the 'Princess Bride'. I also read the original book, which was something more of a satire on 'true love' and the whole fairy tale. You should read it, it's a great book. There's a wonderful scene parodying the whole 'instant love' idea.

OK, back on topic. Please don't tell me that we're all jealous of Rob and Amber and that's why we don't like. All the jealousy argument does is piss other people off. It reminds me of when critics of Aslee Simpson said she had a mediocre voice and all their fans were going "OMG!!!! You are so JEALOUS just cuz she's rich and famous" If I tried to say that all the Jonathan haters are jealous of Jonathan just cause he has a million dollar house and a Playboy bunny for a wife, I'd get reamed

Who are you to say it’s wrong to take someone else’s taxi? Same as you, maybe? Your very next sentence is teams have been screwing each other since the very first episode meaning you think that the taxi-taking was just another form of screwing over someone, which is wrong

"You just don't get it, do you?"
Posted by TerriBlue on 03-26-05 at 05:43 PM
Look, go back and read your original argument. You did NOT say that Rob is not abusive to Amber like Jonathan is to Victoria or that Rob and Amber seem to have a good relationship.

You said:
IT'S A GAME!!!

You did not say that you found Rob's actions acceptable and nothing for Amber to worry about. You did not say that you believe they are fine. You said that what we see is not real life and what Rob says or does during the game is separate from what he does or is in real life

So using your logic - that this is a game and none of the behavior we see has any bearing on their actual personalities and behavior - none of us can make any judgments on any of the contestant's real personalities because we only see them during the game. We can't conclude Jonathan is a dipwad of a husband, just that he's terrible to his game partner. Geez, using your own logic "It's only a game" you have no right to say Lex is sad and bitter, because you only saw him do a meltdown DURING THE GAME.

For the 6th or 7th time - Rob is NOT ABUSIVE. I don't think he abused or ever will abuse Amber. I do think he will stick it to her at some point. This is my opinion and the opinion of others. If we were realy warning Amber, this thread would be on Amber's own website.

You like Rob and think everything he does is great, just say so. Don't put words in my mouth and accuse me of things I didn't say and judgments I never made. I never accused him of being evil. I accused him of being smug, scheming and possibly malicious. I don't think he tortures puppies or beats up old ladies.

As for the Mike Tyson, Gene Kelly comparison, if my explanation mean nothing to you, my apologies. Maybe I shouldn't have referrred to anyone outside of reality TV. Maybe this will work better. You say Lex is a bitter, sad person. Where are you getting that judgment from? Is Lex a co-worker of yours? Have you have had several deep and long conversations with him? My guess is you feel entitled to say he's bitter and sad just from what you know of him FROM a TV show. Likewise, I'm making a judgment call on Rob using what I know about him FROM A TV SHOW. We all judge the competitors according to what we see of them during the game. And we may not be right on these judgment calls, but may not be wrong either. Patrick proved in his interview that he's just as negative and focused on Rob and Amber outside of the game as he is in it

As for judgmental types, you mean like the kind of people who start insulting other posters and accusing them of being paranoid, scary, bitter and judgmental just based on a few posts on a message board? Pot, meet kettle.

"RE: You just don't get it, do you?"
Posted by Drive My Car on 03-26-05 at 06:23 PM

Ummmmm, Wow.

"I guess wow is right."
Posted by TerriBlue on 03-26-05 at 06:57 PM
OK, DriveMy Car, you have used your Jedi Mind tricks to fool me into becoming embarrassed about how angry I got over some other poster I have never met. Curse you! You are as bad as Rob and Amber!!! :-D

Joking aside, your post did make me think about why the heck I got so angry. I guess I was just frustrated that words were being put in my mouth and I was being accused of things I didn't say, and having my arguments misunderstood. It's probably not pleasant for the other posters to read a catfight though, so my apologies for that

This is part of the reason why I'm not so fond of Rob and Amber. I have never seen such a polarizing team in reality TV. Rob and Amber fans can't understand why people don't like them and why their actions are any worse than the Guidos/Colin and Christie/etc, Rob and Amber haters are baffled at the love they get and frustrated at how people excuse them. It's seems like it's getting to the point where you can't say something bad about Rob and Amber without someone jumping in and vice versa. I may be in the minority, but I will be glad when they are gone and people aren't so firmly in 2 camps. I haven't seen this kind of controversy since the Hatch-Sue incident

Posted by true on 03-26-05 at 08:07 PM
Look, all I said was the Rob has not done anything in the game to indicate that he is potentially dangerous for Amber, as the original topic states. Striking someone, as Jonathon did, went out of bounds of the game. His abusive screaming was out of bounds! Sure, he may be Mr. Wonderful outside of the game, but, in his case the evidence is a bit stronger, wouldn't you say?

I accused him of being smug, scheming and possibly malicious.

Got any examples to back that up? I'm just curious.

Geez, using your own logic "It's only a game" you have no right to say Lex is sad and bitter, because you only saw him do a meltdown DURING THE GAME.

Wrong again. That was not "my logic" at all.

As far as Lex goes, there are well documented interviews, AFTER the game was over that he holds a huge grudge, and is still bitter about the game. So, no, I did not make any assumptions about him out of the game, it's quite common knowledge. If you have any evidence of Rob's behavior out of the game, I'd be more than willing to listen. So, it's not FROM A TV SHOW alone that I formed my opinion.

Patrick proved in his interview that he's just as negative and focused on Rob and Amber outside of the game as he is in it

Exactly.

As for judgmental types, you mean like the kind of people who start insulting other posters and accusing them of being paranoid, scary, bitter and judgmental just based on a few posts on a message board? Pot, meet kettle.

Um, no. I mean losers like Lynn, Alex, and Patrick. (Ok, I'll throw in Lex and Big Tom too) Bitter, pathetic, whiney, losers who blame their own insecurities and shortcomings on Rob and Amber's success in a game.

I never called you any of those things, I only bashed the players in the game. If you choose to identify with my descriptions, that's your problem, not mine.

Would it be wrong to ask if you farted on impact? -Moonbaby

Posted by TerriBlue on 03-26-05 at 09:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-05 AT 09:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-26-05 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

Look, all I said was the Rob has not done anything in the game to indicate that he is potentially dangerous for Amber, as the original topic states.

That is a fair point and I wouldn't have taken issue with you over it. If you read the rest of the thread, I haven't started squabbling with any of the posters who simply said that they didn't think Rob was likely to do something to Amber. However, the post that started this whole catfight was: "There's a difference between a game and reality". I said that applying that logic to all the posters, none of us would have any right to say: "Jonathan is a spouse abuser" or "Jonathan treats his wife like dirt" because we have only seen that bad behavior during the game. You never acknowleged my point. Instead, you said I was comparing Rob to Jonathan and that I was equating a cab theft to Jonathan shoving Victoria. That was completely untrue and I told you that. But in your next post, you continued to accuse me of putting Rob's actions on the same level as Jonathan's. Can you see why I got so frustrated? If you had just said: true, maybe Rob really is smug and malicious in real-life, but I don't believe it and I don't agree with you, I would have been more than happy to let it drop and agree to disagree

Got any examples to back that up? I'm just curious.

All right, here you go. There are well documented interviews with Rob, including his post game statement, saying that he liked pulling one over his competitors and that manipulating people was in fact his favorite part of the whole game. There is an interview with MSNBC where Amber calls her co-stars on survivors were "idiots" who didn't know how to play. So Rob admitted he likes scheming and Amber was insulting and acted superior to other players

Going back to the original point of game vs real-life, you may have a reason to call Lex, Patrick, etc. "bitter, pathetic, whiney, losers who blame their own insecurities and shortcomings on Rob and Amber's success in a game" but Lynn and Alex haven't given interviews yet or shown any indications that they blame all their shortcomings on Rob and Amber. When they came in fifth last week, they said that luck wasn't with them and the boat broke, not a single thing about how this was all Rob and Amber's fault. When Lynn and Alex given an interview saying: "It's Rob and Amber's fault we did this" then come back to me and say they blame all their shortcomings on Rob and Amber

If you choose to identify with my descriptions, that's your problem, not mine.

Before that, you said:

I love the way you lump all types of people together by the actions of a select few. How very open minded of you. I now see clearly just EXACTLY where you're coming from. (and it scares the h.e.l.l. out of me)

You insulted people who said they thought Rob may be like his game persona with your first post. Then you made sneering comments about how open-minded I am and how I scared you and how I lump people togther without evidence (that's judgmental according to Webster's dictionary). So even if you didn't target your 3rd comment at me, you insulted me at least twice. I've apologized and said I shouldn't have been as angry as I was and I shouldn't have gotten into a catfight. I've also explained my comment several times, and how I was in no way saying all football players are abusive, or that Rob is just like Jonathan. Would it kill you to be gracious and give a little, instead of saying if I take it personal - and how else am I supposed to take an insult - that's my problem?

Posted by Drive My Car on 03-26-05 at 09:44 PM
I know you weren't addressing me, Terri, but I have one tiny point.

This

If you had just said: true, maybe Rob really is smug and malicious in real-life, but I don't believe it and I don't agree with you, I would have been more than happy to let it drop and agree to disagree

Do you know anyone who has met Rob in a "real life" situation?
Because True does, and so do I.
They all thought he was a very nice and friendly guy.

I also don't see where she insulted you or anyone else posting on these boards, dissagreeing is what discussion is all about. People have differences of opinion here, and asking someone to back up their opinion in fairly common here.
It was hardly a personnal insult.

If you are going to challenge someones opinion that differs from yours, expect them to answer you with a challenge of your opinion.

Posted by TerriBlue on 03-26-05 at 10:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-05 AT 10:14 PM (EST)

Drive My Car, I'm confused. Not to sound rude, but what is your point? Whether True knows Rob in real-life or whether she couldn't pick him out for a crowd, I still would have been happy to agree to disagree with her about Rob's character.

However, True has been gracious and we have called a truce

Posted by Drive My Car on 03-26-05 at 10:56 PM
What is my point?

I was adressing what you said in your post. I was answering the statement you made, directly.
Why would she agree that Rob may be malicious in real life when she knows that he hasn't been that way to the people she knows that have met him away from the game?

My point was that when you challenge someones opinion they may challenge yours back, that isn't a personnal attack.
I don't see where you were willing to agree to dissagree in any of your previous posts.

True was gracious, because she is a gracious person.

( I also answered you before she was so gracious to let the exchange drop)

Posted by true on 03-26-05 at 09:56 PM
I believe we are now just picking nits. I think we may be having difficulty clearly communicating to each other. I believe I'll just move on to other things.

I sincerly appologize if I've offended you in any way.

Would it be wrong to ask if you farted on impact? -Moonbaby

Posted by TerriBlue on 03-26-05 at 10:15 PM
Thank you, that was very gracious. I apologize for my behavior as well and if I said anything that hurt your feelings or insulted you, I'm sorry. Moving on sounds good

Enjoy watching Rob and Amber. And there's no sarcasm in that - if you enjoy watching them, then more power to you

Posted by aaron2kristie on 04-01-05 at 02:31 AM

>
>"I guess there will also always
>be people like Lex in
>the world too, those who
>can't separate game play from
>real life. What a sad,
>bitter existance that must be."

>
>
>"I love the way you lump
>all types of people together
>by the actions of a
>select few. How very open
>minded of you. I now
>see clearly just EXACTLY where
>you're coming from. (and it
>scares the h.e.l.l. out of
>me)"

>
"Don't you worry about me in that big bad world of yours, full of competitive manipulators. I'll just leave the worrying to the paranoid judgmental types."

terriblue: You have a poster below who said he or she didn't know how true had insulted you. I realize that you have formed a truce with true but yet this poster still posted a reply not understanding how you could possibly feel insulted or that true had not posted anything hurtful addressed specifically to you or your comments. I posted three distinct messages from "true" that were insulting. How this poster below does not see how that is insulting and most definitely a PERSONAL ATTACK is beyond me!

Posted by TerriBlue on 04-01-05 at 02:47 AM
Hi aaron2kristie, thanks for posting that for me. I had a post very similar to yours written up and posted in response to Drive My Car's post, but then True wrote the apology and I decided it may just be better to let the feud die a quick death, so I took out the rebuttal. Thank you for your support though, I appreciate it

"WARNING"
Posted by Bebo on 04-02-05 at 09:45 AM
If you think posters are making personal attacks - not just against you, against any poster - alert the moderators. It is not your place to fuel the fires by commenting on the threads.

Start hitting the alert button and stop posting the claims of personal attacks.

"The Truth: What Rob and Amber IN FACT are.."
Posted by MTommy on 03-25-05 at 02:09 PM
The truth is that they are people on TV who are contestants on a game show. They are not "real people" to you and me. Maybe if in some pathetic way you feel like you "know Amber" then fine do all you can to warn her that she's going to marry a guy you don't like. My sister was going to get married to a guy no one in my family liked, thankfully we talked her out of and now he’s in jail on drug charges. That’s my family, good for us we finally got through to my sister. Maybe you’ll break through to Amber and be part of her family?

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone would care in the least if Rob will cheat on her or play mind games in five years when they are nobody’s like you and me. Do you expect you will be invited to their wedding (or Ambers wedding to whomever)? Do you expect to get a Xmas card from them?

And really, more importantly, don't you have your own life to worry about?

Also, since it was asked who would defend Jonathan, I’ll defend him as much as I care to. He was a lousy competitor on the show who always blamed his partner even when it was his own fault. He always screamed and was not a good racer. What does he do at home? Hell, he can do whatever he wants, I don’t care. Maybe Victoria will wind up dead one day, or probably nothing will happen but the fact is; I don’t care either way. Their personal life does not entertain me.

And after all, isn’t the most important question “Are you/ Am I entertained?” – Seriously, for a sane person, that's the ONLY reason to watch the show. Not to speculate about how much trouble Amber will be in 5 years down the road. I just don't understand why people hate on their future together as if it matters. It does not matter, again are you getting a Xmas card?

Related topic: As mentioned by rational posters, there is an important distinction between a game and real life. I have no studies to back up the following view, but let’s say 100 guys in Minneapolis get caught with marijuana each day. One day out of the year 1 of these guys has the name Randy Moss. Who are you going to hear about? Rape; how many people are raped a year? I just today read in the news that some 70,000 sexual assault cases in the US a year stem from excess drinking. Fact is once a famous person (Michael Jackson) gets accused and that’s all you bloody hear about, not the other millions of rapes murders or thefts. Coming to my point: I suspect it's not that some athletes fail to separate a game from reality, rather it is my hypothesis that famous people get press coverage; and nobodies, well with nobodies nobody knows or cares (outside of immediate family). However, when all told, it’s actually a very similar percentage of each group of the population. Basically, there will always be some criminal element; it’s not implicitly tied to what someone does for a living. I think it’s tied to how many people do X, if 1% of population at large does Y, then 1% percent of X will at some point do Y. It’s easy to name names if the name is famous for some reason.

In closing, I like to read the boards because I find them entertaining when at work. I watch TAR because I'm entertained when I get to revisit many places I’ve been too before, see new places, ans see locations again through someone else’s eyes. If you don’t like some ones game comment on their game; but I don’t think that playing post race psychologist is worthy of a thread, I doubt you’re qualified to be a shrink anyway. Personally, if all the racers died tomorrow, I would be fine with that so long as CBS finished airing the already taped season.

"RE: The Truth: What Rob and Amber IN FACT are.."
Posted by TerriBlue on 03-25-05 at 08:01 PM
*shrugs* I'm a Marriage and Family therapist, in fact, so call it habit. Anyway, I think that making pseudo shrink arguments is something we all just do for fun. How many "Bet you Patrick was never spanked as a child" posts are there ? I could care less about what happens to Amber - in my opinion she's just as smug and irritating as Rob. Just speaking for myself, commenting on how Rob is likely to screw Amber over is like commenting on the idiot parent in Wal Mart totally caving in to their bratty kid in the toy aisle - you stop, look critically, and say: "Wow, are they going to be in for it in 10 years" and move on

We all have our own lives to worry about, but don't we have better things to do than post about a reality show? Why pseudo-analalyze racers? Well, why say we hate or love whomever? The racers aren't going to boo-hoo or ask us out to dinner. It's all entertainment.

Since I'm one of the ones who talked about game personas vs real-life personas, let me explain again that I think it's not so much a matter of people forgetting where the game begin and real life begins as much as bringing to real-life the same attitude you bring to a game. Type A personalities will be competitive and driven, both in games and in life. Case in point, Hayden. She was high strung and driven during the race and she wasn't just putting on a "Racing Hayden" act - she says she's really like that and that's why she acted the way she did. I certainly don't think all racers are like Rob or conversely, that all racers are like Kris and Jon. I just think that sometimes what you see really is what you get

Posted by Gina99 on 03-25-05 at 12:59 PM
I disagree. I think it is hilarious that they are doing so well. They mesh with each other, they are playing the game well and it is so funny that others hate them. This is so fun to watch.

Posted by ginger on 03-25-05 at 01:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-05 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

She lets him do the work, but I think she actually wears the proverbial pants in the family. Remember, she won the million on "Survivor." She pretty much rode Rob to victory like a seasoned cowgirl. Rob knows he's on to a good thing with her.

And I (start groaning) actually think they are in luuuurrrvvve.

Posted by seahorse on 03-26-05 at 09:18 PM
I have to admit, I did not like Rob and Amber at all on Survivor, but I have grown to like them over the last month and hope they do well. I also think they will be together as a couple no matter what happens in the show.

I am not a relative and have never been to Boston to meet Rob or Amber.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by dirob on 03-28-05 at 10:49 PM
I really don't mean to bash and i say this with concern...

...but some people really need a reality check from all their reality tv shows.

Posted by finallytyping on 03-28-05 at 11:59 PM
No! No! Don't stop them! I'm on the edge of my seat!
What's gonna happen next? Will someone do a recrap?

"RE: CRAP"
Posted by MTommy on 03-29-05 at 10:34 AM
Re-Crap:

Some people think Rob is inherently evil and that these traits show themselves on TV. Other people think that he can separate the game from real life and is just a good competitor. Either way it has been concluded that Amber almost certainly is not in any physical danger. Psychologically however, well I guess that depends on your own view of Rob. Some of the conflicting posters called a truce and now you the reader are simply resigned to your own opinion of the situation.

I don’t think it can be crapped up any shorter than that.

Posted by kittykat_08 on 03-30-05 at 07:21 AM
1) i think that you're wrong. amber and rob have a good relationship. they cooperate with each other and they dont fight like the other teams.

2)>I love the show, but having
>them on has ruined this
>season.

if they being on the show has ruined the season how do explain the ratings? the ratings have improved drastically since last season

3)
>Rob will have no guilt about
>treating her the way he
>treats other people.

how he treats other people? how did he treat carlos, the driver of the boat? how did he treat the fans that have helped them? how did he treat the person who held the flight for them? with thanks and gratitude. but lets not be one sided about this, he may have treated some other people negatively (his competetors) but they treat him the same way. and lots of people on the amazing race aren't friendly to the other contestants why dont you talk about them too and not just rob?

4)
>can't stand the way she
>follows him around like a
>puppy dog. Be your
>own woman, Amber!! Good
>grief!

she is her own woman give her a break!

5)
> If they'd get
>voted-off then we could enjoy
>it.
>

if they'd be voted off YOU would enjoy it

6)
>I really believe that all Rob/Amber
>supporters are family or friends,
>because no one else could
>really like them. Hey,
>they are probably posting themselves!

funny, but i doubt that's true

Posted by Alchemist on 03-30-05 at 02:40 PM
Let's see, so far Rob got her a million bucks, a car, vacations, life experiences that are second to none. Please find someone who would treat me like that, besides, I would bet that she is the power behind the thrown she is wicked smaht.

Alchemist

Posted by TDeniseS on 03-30-05 at 03:08 PM
>I love the show, but having >them on has ruined this
>season. If they'd get >voted-off then we could enjoy
>it.

I bet you will tune in every week!

>I really believe that all Rob/Amber >supporters are family or friends, >because no one else could >really like them. Hey,
>they are probably posting themselves!
>

Not true! But I truly believe alot of the ROB/AMBER bashers are still bitter from Survivor (i.e. Lex,Hunter, Kathy fans), and/or are just plain jealous and envious. Of course you will never admit it but that's what I believe. Otherwise...if it was just about their actions on the show, why not bash Lydia and Alexa for their rude and obnoxious behavior.....not to mention the appalling comments they made last nite and all the names they have called other teams and people in the foreign countries. ROMBER have been very polite to the locals.....that's when the true character of a person shows. This proves to me that the bashing is not about what they did or didn't do in TAR...but about who they are.... most of you bashers are just jealous or mad because they are living a great life!

Posted by TerriBlue on 03-30-05 at 11:44 PM
I have never watched Survivor. Ever. I wouldn't want to be like Rob and Amber if you paid me. You can believe whatever you want, but you may want to see how long the Lynn/Alex hate thread has gotten before you complain that Rob and Amber are getting it worse.

Oh and TDeniseS? You just hate Lynn and Alex because you're jealous and envious. You're just jealous they can come up with such great insults (puke). You want to be like them, you know you do.

Posted by TDeniseS on 04-01-05 at 09:54 AM
>>Oh and TDeniseS? You just hate >Lynn and Alex because you're
>jealous and envious. You're just>jealous they can come up
>with such great insults (puke). >You want to be like
>them, you know you do.
>
>

ROFLMAO! You are such a comedian! To be honest, if L/A weren't such jerks to R/A and not so rude to the locals, I really wouldn't have a problem with them. But the Ugly American is a big turnoff...and L/A seem to be epitomizing it!

Posted by TerriBlue on 04-01-05 at 12:17 PM
That's fine, pound away at them for being Ugly Americans, they certainly deserved it. The 'jealousy' argument always seems to be a dead ender though

Posted by nailbone on 04-01-05 at 02:34 PM
I am most definitely jealous and envious of Rob! He's been on both Survivor (twice) and TAR, two of my favorite reality shows. He's got a gorgeous, sweet, loving fiance' (this I'm only slightly jealous of, because DW is all of those things as well). He got a new car and second place money from A.S.S. And he's getting to experience things through TAR that most folks only dream about.

Yep, jellus.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Posted by TerriBlue on 04-01-05 at 05:11 PM
So write to Team Malfoy and tell them to apply to Wife Swap as their next reality show stint. If you get lucky, maybe you'll switch with them. You get the fiancee and to enjoy the car, money, house, yada yada, everyone's happy

Posted by nailbone on 04-01-05 at 05:13 PM
Nah, DW's not that enamored with Rob. She thinks he talks funny.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Posted by TerriBlue on 04-01-05 at 07:20 PM
*tsk* How can a marriage survive such a difference in values?

Posted by nailbone on 04-02-05 at 11:16 AM
She does look the other way for my Amber fantasies.

New from Sigs by Syren!!