URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 927
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"House MD - final episodes"

Posted by byoffer on 05-08-12 at 10:18 PM
Care to discuss?

Wilson and his cancer.

Was this week the farewell to Chase?

Will 13 return for a goodbye?

What sort of closure do we need for House himself?

What other closures do we need?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: House MD - final episodes"
Posted by Estee on 05-09-12 at 01:00 PM
Given the known title of the final episode, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended on a murder-suicide.

Posted by byoffer on 05-09-12 at 01:33 PM
I haven't seen the title.

Link?

Posted by Estee on 05-15-12 at 07:01 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_House_episodes

It's been out there for a while -- the producers want people speculating on it to get the viewership up.

In an odd match for today's random trope, what I got out of last night's episode almost centered around 'If you clog a toilet, you can be charged with felony vandalism.' Beware dense toilet paper. Beware!

Beyond that, last night came across as 'The ship is definitely going down. Start arranging the deck chairs.' Given five months with Wilson, Greg might have had some time to try and find another anchor to keep him remotely attached to reality. As-is, I still wouldn't be surprised by a double drowning. Wilson chose to stop fighting the tide and slip under. Greg's greatest skill is enclosing his own feet in cement.

"No closure."
Posted by Estee on 05-22-12 at 06:47 AM
I got the suicide right.

(It's actually appropriate to have Cuddy not show up at the funeral.)

So that's just about as far as Greg can self-sabotage and destruct without physically taking his own life. And what happens post-ride? You may be better off not asking. At least, you may, because I already did and I'm not happy with the results. He's an addict who just threw away his drug. How does he replace the puzzles when he can't practice? He probably can't. Can he go on without Wilson? Doubt it. Is there enough Vicodin stashed to get him through a lifetime, given that dead men have trouble finding prescriptions? Maybe a really short lifetime...

I recognize the homage to Sherlock Holmes: yes, I tricked you with my death, and now you have to forgive me for it. But this time it was because ultimately, they were dying together.

Within three months of Wilson's passing, I say Greg is either dead in a ditch or overseas with a fake license trying to put another team together. And the first bet would be on 'dead'.

"RE: No closure."
Posted by Tummy on 05-23-12 at 09:25 AM
I liked the Sherlock Holmes reference. And I agree with your last statement. I liked that they ended on an up note, and let us decide what really happens to House.

On a side note - I thoroughly enjoyed Hugh's accent for that first hour.

"RE: No closure."
Posted by byoffer on 05-23-12 at 11:01 AM
I enjoyed the first hour more than the second. I thought it was great how Hugh seemed to try to push the focus away from himself and onto all the hundreds of others who made the show.

As for the finale, it was alright. Interesting that both DH and House had dying people try to take the blame in their final eps. Glad they gave us "glimpses" into the future of some of the other doctors, and it was a neat way to bring Kal Penn back. Was Cuddy the only one not to make a return? Why not??

Anyone have $5 for my Friday jar??