URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 924
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"UPDATE - Handpicked Winners"

Posted by American Delite on 03-23-05 at 11:12 AM
Anybody starting to believe me that CBS specifically chose weak competitors to match up against Rob and Amber? See my previous post (Handpicked Winners - CBS Scams Us All). I called it. They are great racers without competition. If Romber loses, I will be happy to admit defeat, but I guarantee that if they lose, it will be due to extraneous circumstances and not their own faults.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: UPDATE - Handpicked Winners"
Posted by trudy on 03-23-05 at 11:15 AM
Conspiracy theory. Right.

Posted by nailbone on 03-23-05 at 11:26 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-05 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

but I guarantee that if they lose, it will be due to extraneous circumstances and not their own faults.

Disregarding the contradiction here for a minute, there have been lots of teams that lost out in TAR due to extraneous circumstances (cabs running out of gas, bad info from locals, trains blocking tracks, etc.)

As for the contradiction, if Romber are hand-picked to win, don't you think SeeBS will make sure there ARE no extraneous circumstances to prevent them from winning?

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Posted by American Delite on 03-23-05 at 11:33 AM
Good point! I was going under the assumption that CBS was just setting them up at the starting line. But I can see from other threads on this board that there questions regarding the integrity of the race itself. I guess there is no limit to what the network will do to give the viewers "what they want".

Posted by mikey on 03-23-05 at 11:29 AM
Last season, the final three included Mary Adam and Rebecca

The seasone before, the Bowling Moms were 4th and Kami/Karli were 5th.

I think overall this is the strongest field of the last three.

Posted by joatmon on 03-23-05 at 03:47 PM
I am not familiar with the application process but I doubt that they can predict the traveling expertise of the team from it. I suspect it has more to do with how "colorful" you are. They probably do have an IQ test of sorts so they already knew the brothers wouldn't be much of threat. Some of the other teams should be better than they are being shown. I am a R/A fan but I feel they are headed for a fall. Like another poster said they have been getting a lot of coverage probably because their days are numbered and CBS wants the ratings now.

"Locking -- duplicate"
Posted by AyaK on 03-23-05 at 06:12 PM
As you already stated, this thread is a duplicate of one that you had previously started:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/896.shtml

Please continue to use that thread to discuss this topic.