URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 923
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"BB7 fixed from the start"

Posted by LVGladiator on 07-30-06 at 00:53 AM
Can't anybody see this? If they wanted a legit competition they would have put 4 alliances of 4 against each other. Instead they did a sham 1/2 public vote 1/2 producers pix. They only picked 1,2, or 3 from other seasons and made sure they weren't friends. Except Will and Mike.They did it solely because BB6 people were popular and they wanted to give the gullible a chance to see them do well. They stacked everything to work. So far it has. That's why there have been no twists. If S6 screws up and are in danger of elimination they will install any twists they need to give them the advantage back. It's completely contrived. S6 fans will say otherwise because they are being pandered to. But if people haven't figured this out they must believe that wrestling is real too.

I'm a BB fan too. That's why I can't believe they stooped to this. Just do America's Choice for the winner. Give it to Kaysar (who already lost twice in 1 season) or Janelle and stop trying to pass this boring, calculated joke as legitimate.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: BB7 fixed from the start"
Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 07-30-06 at 01:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-06 AT 01:47 AM (EST)

If S6 is as popular as you say they are (and they are)then producers put them in the house because America voted them in. I don't remember who the producer pix were but it was not any of the S6 people.

The S6 people are there because they were the most memorable to most people. BB has gotten more popular each season so there are alot of people who didnt see earlier seasons, therefore, contestants from those earlier seasons didnt pull in the votes.

As bad as these people are playing and as stupid as they are acting I doubt this is staged.

Posted by LVGladiator on 07-30-06 at 03:17 AM
It's not completely staged but they absolutely stacked the deck to appease the fans of BB6. Otherwise they would have started the game evenly. If it were a true all-star cast Howie and Kaysar wouldn't be there. It is just so their fans can see them in a game that's stacked for them to do well. Watch, if they get in trouble the twists will come in to help them. It's fine but not a legit competition.
They will even bring in public voting if necessary to make sure S6 prevails. Good for the S6 fans but bad for fans of real strategy games.

BTW, wrestling is predetermined too even though both guys have to maneuver and grapple. Just in case that's not obvious either. I never liked wrestling. I used to like BB.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 07-30-06 at 06:07 PM
For the record, I do know that wrestling is fake. But wrestling and BB are worlds apart. There really is no comparison.

What reason would CBS have to make sure a s6 person won the game? What is in it for CBS to do that? These networks don't care that much about any one of these reality tv people.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 07-30-06 at 07:39 PM
Yeah, and if CBS was really interested in catering to fan favorites, then they wouldn't have given us Maghole and Yellvette last season --- or given them such a positive edit.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

Posted by shantheWOman on 07-30-06 at 10:47 PM
>Yeah, and if CBS was really
>interested in catering to fan
>favorites, then they wouldn't have
>given us Maghole and Yellvette
>last season --- or given
>them such a positive edit.
>

Huh? No one knew Maggie or Ivette from a ham sandwhich until the season actually aired. You can't become a fan favorite until the show actually airs.

Show me you're nuts : )

Posted by HistoryDetective on 07-31-06 at 07:38 AM
By "given us Maghole and Yellvette," I meant "allowed them to go to the Final Two instead of rigging the competitions to evict them earlier and let more popular houseguests win." I thought that was apparent from the topic and context of this thread, but if it was not then I apologize for confusing you.

The houseguests were unknowns until the previous season aired, but many quickly became more popular than others and the producers knew it. Those who operate fansites and discussion sites seem convinced that the producers do visit these places and keep track of what viewers are saying about the houseguests. They do have an idea of who is popular and who is not.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

Posted by Snidget on 07-30-06 at 07:52 AM
Usually for All Stars it seems they always include someone from every season, so then you would need 6 alliances of 4 each, etc.

I think some of the uneven seasons is unavoidable as they can't force people to sign up and not every season has as many people who wants to play.

Having people vote in also prevents a lot of the "perfect set up"

I'm not sure how 4X4 is any less a set up than vote people in. After all they could guess that people would vote season 6 in, but they couldn't assure it. I'd have rather seen all the guest voted in rather than part, but that is me.

I think the adding two more houseguests than planned was because season 6 dominated the voting and they wanted to make it harder for them by adding more people so they weren't as overly represented.

I suppose it is the producers fault that season 6 keeps winning HOH?

Posted by nailbone on 07-30-06 at 11:04 AM
I suppose it is the producers fault that season 6 keeps winning HOH?

Of course it is. All the comps so far have been designed for the person that won them. Isn't it overly obvious??!

Put on your tin foil hat and join us!!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Savahnna on 07-30-06 at 11:09 AM
I agree that a lot is contrived.....but as far as keeping BB6 in (and the numbers at the beginning of All Stars)...there is definately a viewer pleaser factor which someone else said.

Ironically, even if they left the hamsters alone to feed and prey on each other (without manipulating things or comps).....it would probably still have the same shock value. These are clearly disfunctional though some likable ppl.....the possiblities are endless.

I do beleive that some of the comps are geered to certain hgs. Particularly the one where the ones picked for the last veto were men. AND....some of the ones that involve mental skills as opposed to physical endurance I believe are geared towards BB6 (very scary they're the smarteest (minus Howie).....

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 07-30-06 at 05:54 PM
Will is a doctor and he didn't do well with the mental skill task. Janelle is a cocktail waitress and she won it.

I am not saying cocktail waitresses are not smart people cuz some of them are but in order to be a doctor you have to be pretty sharp to make it thru medical school.

I don't think the comps are rigged. Many people are saying that since CG won and took himself off the block. The veto comp that he won was pretty easy. Any of them could have won it if they had been willing to go for it. Kaysar got right to the end of the comp and didn't have the good sense to write down 60 days of slop.

How could they rig that or even predict that kind of outcome?

Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-30-06 at 08:06 PM
I think you might be missing the fact that Will probably threw the HOH competition, just like he's been throwing every single competition. He said it openly in his nomination speech. He's going to throw every single competition. The other hamsters may not believe him, but that's exactly what he plans to do. The ironic thing is that the other HG's seem to completelly underestimate Will and let him slide every week, when in reality he's everyone's biggest threat. He's playing all of them like puppets and no one seems to be the wiser.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 07-30-06 at 09:57 PM
Joshinsgv writes: I think you might be missing the fact that Will probably threw the HOH competition,

Nope I am not missing that fact. The point I was trying to make is that I don't think the comps are rigged to give an edge to smart people or people who are stronger mentally which is the point another poster made.

The point of this thread is whether or not the show is rigged and is favoring certain HG. Even if Will decided to throw a comp then that is also proof that the show isn't rigged because the producers would have to know in advance who was going to throw a comp.

Just because Will said he would throw all comps doesn't mean he will follow thru on that. Will's speech was strategy not truth. He is psyching everybody out including some viewers who actually believe the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

Posted by Savahnna on 07-31-06 at 10:16 AM
>I think you might be missing
>the fact that Will probably
>threw the HOH competition, just
>like he's been throwing every
>single competition

Ding Ding Ding. Yep.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 07-31-06 at 11:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-06 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

So did the producers arrange to have Will make his speech and throw comps before the show even aired?

In that case, before they even thought of the comps they decided to have a meeting with Will so he would know he was supposed to throw comps and make speeches about it.

Ok so if they had a meeting with Will to talk about how he should throw comps cuz well it's rigged and all. Then that means that CBS knew Will and S6 were going to be voted in by America. So really America's votes didn't count because the whole season was created just so America would get the chance to see S6 people again and CBS would have the honor of helping one of those guys win. Wow CBS is really big hearted. All this money and time and effort for the S6 people.

Hmmmm.... that's alot of work just to please the public. Funny, I always thought these networks wanted to make money and the only people they please are advertisers but what do I know.

Heck, if they wanted to please me they should have aired Jase throwing the fire extinguisher and Mike Boogie pissing in a vase. Now that would have been more entertaining than the stuff they actually air.

Posted by chappi66 on 08-01-06 at 09:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-06 AT 09:46 PM (EST)

You know that Will is soooo throwing the comps. The producers voted Will in, not America. America voted Kaysar, James, Howie and Jase. I am sure the producers had a good idea that the SOV4 would probably end up back in the house because people most remember them because they just got off the show. Will is the smartest person in the game. He is throwing comps on purpose. If he becomes HOH, that puts him is a position of power with a target. What he is doing now is getting others to do his dirty work. Brillant!!!

Posted by JoshInSGV on 08-01-06 at 11:37 PM
I think we're both saying the same thing but in slightly different ways. I agree that the competitions are NOT rigged, like some other posters have implied. The producers may design certain competitions to give certain houseguests a slight advantage, but there's no way they could manipulate the outcome as it has been implied by some people in this thread.

Having said that, Will is definitelly throwing the comps. Not because the producers tell him (or maybe they do. who knows?)to do so, simply because that's Will's strategy. I heard about his strategy when he was on BB2. And, it's until now that I see how he operates. It is brilliant. He doesn't need the HOH because he's been able to orchestrate the evictions without taking the heat. I don't like Will's personality, but if he keeps it up, I want him to win it all. He deserves it.

Posted by chappi66 on 08-02-06 at 02:29 PM
Gotcha - Yep, we are on the same page of the book, our writing is just a little different.

Dr. Will is brilliant and he is going to catch alot of people with their pants down.

Posted by kingfish on 07-30-06 at 07:02 PM
Just my opinion, (I know, here we go again), BUT -

there is very little chance that they rig the challenges. The logistical coordination necessary in setting up a POV challenge, a food challenge, an HOH challenge and possibly reward challenges each week is formidable enough to pull off on a predetermined schedule. Certainly doable, but pressure packed.

But to to hold the production meetings necessary to agree on a course of action (committees), then design, plan, schedule manpower to put together an event to favor a hamster who was nominated just a day or two before is too risky.

One chief goal of the production staff is to ensure that the events are ready on time, and that they seem professionally done, and that they seem polished, ingeneous, and Entertaining. To think that they would risk a professional production, 10s of millions of dollars (serious stuff) to favor a specific BB7 hamster, even a popular one, is not reasonable.

Additionally, to think that they would do to favor Chicken George? Well, as NB mentioned, it is tin foil hat time.

No doubt some BB7ers are more likely to do well in different types of challenges, but that's just the way it is. No challenge they could design would be perfectly neutral in that respect.

Posted by tribephyl on 08-01-06 at 03:50 AM
Hear Hear!

kingfish speaks the truth.
Not anywhere near the level as the production "staff" of a show like this but I do my own fair amount of game planning and I couldn't rig things if I tried.
People play the game at different levels from their own self every time they play.
There's no way I could make a contest that kingfish would be guranteed a win in. (Unless it was for lewd behavior or some off-color joke-a-thon. j/k)
It may seem to favor his normal talents but I couldn't be insured that someone else wouldn't want it more.

Posted by foonermints on 08-01-06 at 06:52 PM
Kingfish is remarkably clear headed, especially considering the crab slaughter the other night.

Be Prepared!

Posted by kingfish on 08-02-06 at 07:30 AM
Nice analogy, Tribe, very nice. I hadn't though of it in those terms, but even an RTVW game would have to be without unnatural bias. (Nemo, Emydom, Trixi, you hear that? Ya'll can quit sulking now).

And as for the recent crab sorrows, well, there are a jillion of us, reproducing at the rate of a jillion to the jillionth power a year, so we will recover. We are already planning the recipe for OUR version of a Chef's salad (soon to be posted on the Hell's kitched threads). Hermit bro/sis's, keep working on that Mojo beam aiming device, we will need it.

And to whom it may concern; Remember, anyone who would eat a crab, would also have taters on the side.

Posted by cherokee44 on 07-30-06 at 10:07 PM
even as a fan of bb6, this season is a little boring b/c bb6 seems to have no competition. their main enemies are throwing the comps (seems to be working for them b/c ct is still here) and the rest of the houseguest really aren't bright or strong enough to win hoh yet. i agree 4 bb6ers is lopsided but that could easily be corrected by someone else winning a hoh and putting 2 of them up.

i don't believe the competitions are rigged for bb6ers. (the last veto might be slightly in favor of cg, but i think that was a good production move regardless) the problem for the rest of the houseguests is that james and janelle are two really good players when it comes to competitions. that's why they lasted awhile last year. that's why they were voted into the house this year.

i would not doubt that cbs would enjoy a bb6er winning this year b/c for the viewing public wouldn't be depressed after the final episode. but that doesn't mean everything is rigged to go their way.

Posted by LVGladiator on 07-31-06 at 00:34 AM
Of course they don't blatantly rig the comps. They do however give extensive mental and physical testing to people in precasting to know in what areas they will excel. They can slant comps when they want to. S6 has done great so far. A sane, neutral observer can't deny the numbers going in though. S6 are popular with viewers. It's a business 1st and foremost. I understand why they set it up for them to win. So far it's working as they want. If anything goes wrong they will then and only then introduce twists preconceived for such a scenario. They will also use public voting to ensure S6 stays in the game. If none of their plans work, they will have the public vote for the game winner.

They are pandering to the many fans of S6. Kaysar introduced the idea in the 1st place. It's fine and S6 fans will never admit it because it's what they wanted since these 4 got beat last year. We neutral fans can see right through it.

They even put in mostly spineless twits who they knew would see the S6 numbers and stick with them. If things turn and they break out the fake twists to save the fan favs we'll absolutely revisit this topic.

Posted by roxydog on 07-31-06 at 07:45 AM
This is my first season watching so I had no favorites comming in.

Evil Dr Will and Mike Boogie are the only entertaining players on the show.

Season 6 is booooriiiiing. And from my point of view the show was unfairly stacked in favor of season 6 which is even more of a reason why I am rooting against them than the fact that they are stupid (except James) and boring.

Posted by cherokee44 on 07-31-06 at 11:38 PM
i agree that competitions are slanted at times. but in no way are they all the time. i've just been disappointed with the other contestants putting up such week efforts lately.

as a huge fan of the bb6ers, i too have been a bit bored with them. i understand everyone's frustrations. i have a theory though. it might just be wishful thinking on my part b/c it calls for players to respect the game and gamesmanship over taking things personally. i think that bb6 is about to disolve. will wisely pointed out to janie all of their safety nets so clearly those won't be secret for long. and his point was correct, already people in bb6 were showing more loyalty to their back-up alliances than with each other. i think bb6 is going to start to dissolve with each of them starting to make strategic moves for themselves. there will be some backstabbing and surprises hopefully. and eventually one of them will have the balls to put one of the others up. but i believe that the 4 of them respect the game and will reward the best player at the end with the money. (well, probably not will b/c although he might deserve it, i don't think anyone's giving him the prize twice) for once i think we might see a finally where there arent' a bunch of babies demanding to know why they were lied to, thrown under the bus, stabbed in the back, etc. i think bb6 will be better than that and actually vote a winner that was the best player.

what am i thinking? this all must be some fantasy of mine that i won't end up watching the finale and wanting to chuck my tv out the window at yet another lame winner who didn't do anything to deserve the half mil.

Posted by LVGladiator on 08-01-06 at 01:41 AM
If things don't go as planned and S6 stops winning comps(which they have won fairly) the twists will come. They'll have an 'America's Choice' to ensure they go back in. That's why we haven't seen twists yet. This whole season is to please the many fans of S6. It's going great. I can't wait to see the posts defending the 'integrity' of the game when that happens.

Survivor puts in twists if one alliance has too much power to make it less predictable. They have since after season2. BB is just reversing that for this season. Yeah, it's because that's what most viewers want. It's their business and they want to please the fan base. But the point is that the season IS designed for S6 to have the best chance to win. No big deal.

Posted by cherokee44 on 08-01-06 at 06:47 PM
i don't think they'll but a bb6er or any other contestant back in this season. it's too lame after doing that last year.

i hope you're wrong about production doing that much to ensure bb6 stays in til the end. while i'm a fan of theirs, i'd like things to be shaken up as soon as possible.

Posted by okaychatt on 08-03-06 at 10:47 AM
Hi LVGladiator.

Agreed, on the surface it looks as if BB6 had the advantage.

However, they were four votes to eight. If I remember correctly, the eight outside the BB6 alliance immediately identified them as a common target.

The BB6 alliance was an advantage after they won HOH each time, but when they went into the house, everyone had an equal chance of getting HOH.

I think BB6 earned their spots legitimately. People were most familiar with them. I've only seen Seasons 5 and 6, so my votes came from those houses. I'm guessing the same holds true for other newcomers to the BB game.

I don't think BB7 is a conspiracy, but I do think numbers for some of the other players were manipulated to suit the producers' concerns.

That's called reality tv.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.