URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 921
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Into Character"

Posted by survivorscott on 07-06-04 at 12:26 PM
This is a fun little show on American Movie Classics. the premise is that they take an average movie fan and make them their favorite movie character, by giving them the training they need to pull it off. The show works because they treat the characters as real people and their jobs as real.
The first episode was "Rocky" so they taught the guy to box, took him to South Philly, and had a dating service hook him up with three women named Adrian.In the end he had a real fight against a real boxer.
When it comes to the "moment" that the fan becomes the character, they go from video to Film.
So far they have done "La Bamba, and the Blues Brothers". Next week some one will become Roy Hobbs of "The Natural".

The question is. Who do you want to be?

A: Indiana Jones

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Into Character"
Posted by dabo on 07-06-04 at 12:34 PM
I saw some spots for this series, didn't know they were running them already. Sounds perfect for AMC (though watching that channel wears me out after awhile, the commercial breaks after every reel can get agonizing).

Just off the top of my head, considering that I could probably never get into shape for a lot of the fun roles:

Rooster Cogburn.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by cqvenus on 07-06-04 at 12:57 PM

James Bond.

~ cq

even tho i'm a chick

Posted by dabo on 07-06-04 at 01:02 PM
Which one?

Posted by cqvenus on 07-06-04 at 01:10 PM

hmmm... wow... probably pierce b/c he has the coolest cars. but they were all so good.

~ cq

esp sean

Posted by Swami on 07-06-04 at 01:50 PM
What fun!

I would be Sigourney Weaver. I want to hunt Aliens while holding a really big gun and looking drop-dead hot & gorgeous. A little lipo, a little facelift and I'm ready for my close-up!!