URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 920
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Do we miss Paula yet?"

Posted by Estee on 01-13-10 at 07:35 AM
Or can we get rid of her with a micro-montage and some ill-advised contestants who mostly talk to the chairs?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Do we miss Paula yet?"
Posted by Snidget on 01-13-10 at 09:21 AM
She certainly got much more love from Nigel on SYTYCD than she did on AI so far this season.

After this last couple of season where she was either being a caricature of herself alternating in this last season where she was desperate to show she was more relevant than Kara I think I was really much more ready to have her go than I thought I was.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-13-10 at 11:16 AM
I miss her. I don't like Kara. At all. Next season with both Paula and Simon gone I can miss the auditions all together.

Posted by sica077 on 01-13-10 at 05:28 PM
>I miss her. I don't
>like Kara. At all.
>Next season with both
>Paula and Simon gone I
>can miss the auditions all
>together.

I couldn't agree more. Especially with the part about Kara.

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
I've been 'patched

Posted by samboohoo on 01-14-10 at 10:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-10 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

Absolutely agree with you. I just said in the other thread that I can't stand Kara. It's why I didn't watch much last year and won't be watching much this year.

ETA: Paula may have been a nut, but she was our nut.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Tummy on 01-16-10 at 09:29 AM
but she was our nut

Exactly!

Posted by zazzy on 02-17-10 at 08:48 AM
Agree. The nut we knew. ;)

Posted by finallytyping on 01-14-10 at 05:51 PM
I don't remember Kara being so annoying. She really seems to be asserting herself as the alpha dog judge. She comes off as being on a high horse, in my opinion. A bit full of herself.

I will really miss Simon next season and his departure will probably cause my departure. I don't need another reality show to waste time watching, but because of Simon, I will give his new venture a looksee.

Posted by lazerslady56 on 01-26-10 at 08:26 PM
YES!!!!!Kara is just awful, so full of herself and what about that orange fake tan? She seems to think that she is the next best thing to choclate! Can't stank KARA! Paula was so down to earth and real, Loved her! If Simon leave that is the end of Idol for me! Especiall if Kara stays!

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 01-13-10 at 08:59 PM
Paula turns my stomach.
I watched the auditions for the first time because she's gone.
That said, she was better a much better judge than DAWs Posh Spice and Mary J.

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-11-10 at 02:44 PM
I have not missed Paula. I'm not a big fan of Kara though either. Having said that... Ellen makes up for Kara and Paula! I'm loving Ellen so far - she represents the "people". And by that, I mean the people that vote. She doesn't sing, isn't in the singing business, but she is an entertainer which makes her credible to give an opinion. I love what she brings to the show so far.

Posted by mrc on 02-11-10 at 04:17 PM
Me, too. Ellen has been a breath of fresh air. I've also noticed that Randy has been non-existent since she showed up.

Posted by grit on 02-11-10 at 05:20 PM
It's all in the editing. I bet we see the reappearance of Randy's dog pound. Hopefully, Ellen will mock him mercilessly about that stoopid dog pound.

another agman creation

The dog pound is almost as annoying as the hot tamale train.

Posted by zazzy on 02-17-10 at 08:46 AM
I'll say it. I miss Paula. There was a spark to her and imo she is missed because she had good interactions with the contestants. The others seem like they are going through the motions. At least Paula had some enthusiasm.

I don't mind Ellen, what about replacing Kara with Ellen so the panel would be Simon/Paula/Randy/Ellen. That would be more watchable. Of course it won't happen, at least on AI.

Wonder how long it will take Ellen to get jaded. It's early on, so there are stars in her eyes, she's still thrilled to be judging.

"Star Search?"
Posted by Estee on 03-16-10 at 12:59 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-paula-abdul-finalizing-star-search-revival-deal-with-abc-10593.php

Network Television: On A Quest To Discover Every Last Tiny Bit Of Talent In America. (Sadly, they found Paula instead.)

"Nevermind."
Posted by Estee on 03-19-10 at 11:44 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-paula-abdul-stuns-abc-rejects-star-search-revival-offer-10622.php

Apparently they missed the part where she needs to contradict herself three times a month in order to meet the talking hedgehog's quota.