URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 9177
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Pancake Movie - Yes, a repost"

Posted by J Slice on 11-12-03 at 02:45 AM
Disclaimer: appologies to all of you that have read this before, but I've been informed that this is a classic OT story, one that shall remain in Slice-infamy for many years; It needs a third retelling. To those of you who are lucky enough to have never heard this tale, I hope you're sitting down, and have no real emotional attachment to breakfast food. I'm going to ruin it for you.

Ahh, the Pancake movie. Where should I begin?

Well, it was sixth grade, and Rye Country Day decided that this was the year to roll out the "WTF is happening to my body" videos; you know, the frequently crappy movies with a terrifically low budget that explain the apparent joy of pubic hair and monthly bleeding... but I digress.

The garbage that the lucky 11-year-old girls would watch was a cinematic masterpiece entitled "I Got IT!" For all of you lucky enough to have experienced your periods, doesn't this emotional outburst just totally sum up the joy you get when you cramp and bleed and wanna tear off peoples' limbs?

Me neither. But I digress.

Anyway, the plot centers on a girl, who we'll call Suzie. Suzie is going to a slumber party at her friend Becky's house, along with some other girl who says approximately 3 words, I'm certain which involve the word "period." Long story short, (too late! - brief side note: who else loves the movie Clue?) Suzie gets her period in the middle of the night.

Frantic to find something to stop her new... emm... womanhood from leaking all over the place, Suzie roots through Becky's bathroom, digging like a rabid badger to find some kind of feminine device.

Cue entrance of Becky's psycho mom

Becky's Psycho Mom, who we'll just call Mom, finds Suzie uprooting the bathroom, and asks insightfully, "Are you looking for something, Suzie?" Suzie states, loud n' proud, that she's looking for where Becky keeps her pads...

Mom ecstatically replies, "SUZIE?!? DID YOU GET YOUR PERIOD?"

Suzie politely nods, with an unenthusiastic yes. Clearly, she has noticed Mom's insanity. This will probably be the last time Suzie sleeps over at this house... Mom goes to prepare hot chocolate, and the two sit at the kitched table, presumably post Suzie's pad-putting-on, clinking mugs together in a celebratory fashion.

The next morning, Suzie tells Becky and no-speaky-girl about her period. No-speaky mumbles something about not getting her period yet and being jealous; Becky merely tells Suzie that she's lucky it didn't start while she was in class... How embarrassing! The girls then head to the kitchen for breakfast...

Warning: this is where it gets really grody. You've been given a heads up... I hope you don't like pancakes too much, because you'll never want them again...

Mom's hunched over the griddle making... something... she then calls the girls over; innocently, they think, oh good! Mom's made pancakes for breakfast. Well, they were right about that... except...

The effing pancake is shaped like the female reproductive system oh my god my eyes

As if this weren't bad enough, Mom then uses the pancakuterus to explain to the three now-traumatized girls how their period works. Frankly, if I were Becky, the only thing that could embarrass me more than this is if dad strolled in with a plate of sausages and eggs, ready to explain how penises work.

Then, in an ultimate moment of ecch-ness, the girls EAT THE UTERUS-CAKE

Now. I hope that delve into my emotional pain helped explain everything. This is the pancake movie, accept no substitutes.

Official OT lifeguard - Let's keep things PG-13, people.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Pancake Movie - Yes, a repost"
Posted by sleeeve on 11-12-03 at 02:49 AM
I didn't read the story, but the title of this post coupled with your sig pic made me really hungry... I wish a had a huge stack of pancakes right now... with syrup... and butter... yum...

I *heart* pancakes!

Pancakes!... Yay!

Would like to point out that he read this story the last time it was posted and tried to find vidcaps of a pancakuterus to no avail

Posted by J Slice on 11-12-03 at 02:52 AM
I'm glad that you already know this story, eee...

What with your silicone sleeeve and all...

Thank dog that you can't find those vidcaps, though...

Official OT lifeguard - Let's keep things PG-13, people.

Posted by woeisme1 on 11-12-03 at 03:02 AM
Thank you for digging this up since I was so lost in the chinese thresd where it was mentioned.

Love your writing!!!

Created by the Godlike hands of IceCat

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

"Other who share your pain..."
Posted by IceCat on 11-12-03 at 04:42 AM
You are not alone... Here is a list of other people on the net who share similar experiences with the 'Pancake Uterus Video':

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/swingkitten/autobiography.htm

"Then the trouble started, as we were all required to take sex ed. They split the boys and girls up, and we had to watch weird movies about periods which involved a model of the female reproductive system, made from pancake batter."

http://kensdoll.diaryland.com/020613_70.html

It was really sweet of my mom. Expensive, too. She told me that she wanted to show me what its like to be a woman. Haha, thanks mom... I think this woman stuff should have been shown to me along with the pancake video. That's okay, though- better late than never.

http://www.twistid.com/index.cfm?s=b&v=r (WARNING: This link contains a lot of foul language)

"The name comes from a film on human reproduction girls in my grade school were forced to watch in which the various parts of female anatomy were represented by food items. The uterus happened to be a pancake."

http://www.livejournal.com/users/stupidgibberish/

One night in Louisiana, Jamie and I were talking before bed, and we were remembering things about elementary. The clearest thing I can remember is being put in a room with about 15 other little 10-year-old girls and being forced to watch a movie about puberty. In the movie, there was a mother and a daughter, and the daughter started her period and didn't understand the nature of it. So, while cooking breakfast, the mother explained it to her. With a perfectly shaped uterus pancake.

Jamie asked, "How could anyone actually have a perfectly shaped uterus pancake?"

I replied, "Everyone has a uterus shaped mold, if they're serious about cooking."

"I thank God"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-12-03 at 09:27 AM
I'm not serious about cooking.

And yes, Draco, that new logo on the jersey does look....reproductive

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 11-12-03 at 07:58 AM
Just so ya know, I. HEART. CLUE.

And on a related note, doesn't the new Stars jersey look kind of... well.. like that as well?

"Why is my thing on fire?"-Karmic Dharma
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:299.5 Loss To Date:-39.5

Posted by Esbea on 11-12-03 at 08:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-03 AT 08:50 AM (EST)

The woman whose reproductives were used as the model for that might want to go see her OBGYN......Im thinking shes got some cyst issues.

Slice, you NEED to post this on the story forum. Its the FUNNIEST non-fiction story posted here EVER.

Posted by nailbone on 11-12-03 at 11:13 AM
The logo of the Texas Longhorns looks like that, too.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

"ROTFLMAO!!!"
Posted by northernlights on 11-12-03 at 09:01 AM
OMG! I missed this the first time around Slice and I always wondered what the reference to pancakes was all about. Thankfully I don't recall ever seeing that film. Talk about being scarred for life! Poor Slice.

~ may have just figured out mr lights' frequent requests for pancakes and sausage.

Posted by Drive My Car on 11-12-03 at 09:14 AM
So, since I had a hysterectomy, does this mean I can't eat pancakes anymore?

Thanks for posting this on it's own Slice, it makes a search much easier.

"LOL!"
Posted by Breezy on 11-12-03 at 09:46 AM
That was hilarious!

I'll have no trouble eating pancakes though, my uterus is upside down and looks nothing like that.

"Oh man!!"
Posted by nailbone on 11-12-03 at 11:13 AM
That's the funniest thing I've read in a long long time!!!

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Posted by ginger on 11-12-03 at 12:49 PM
You know, this has never happened before:

I am speechless.

And yes, that did bear retelling.

Posted by RollDdice on 12-10-03 at 00:59 AM
Beats having a breakfast burrito as the visual aid, I guess. Great story J.

Survivor 7: Jon Drinks and Osten Sinks

"you know what I like with pancakes"
Posted by ivoryElephant on 11-01-04 at 06:38 PM
Strawberry syrup!

mind the gap

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-09-15 at 02:39 PM
Bringing up a blast from the past

Posted by Agman2 on 03-09-15 at 10:17 PM
Bwahahahahahahhahaha thanks for the trip down memory lane.