URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 917
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What if they're going ANOTHER way around the world?"

Posted by realitycoholic on 03-22-05 at 10:36 PM
It struck me tonight, that they're spending a lot of time working their way down the Americas...what if the race is not the way it usually is (latitude-wise) but longitude-wise? I probably have the two mixed up, but you know what I mean! Some geography type will have to give us a clue as to a logical route, as I'm drawing some blanks here tonight.

Just a thought as I also remember that Phil was asked what the longest race was (TAR5) and how long this race would be. He answered something to the effect that this race might be a little different than ones before.

What do you think? And, go ahead and flame me if you think it's an idiotic idea--it's an idiotic show!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What if they're going ANOTHER way around the world?"
Posted by Draco Malfoy on 03-23-05 at 09:09 AM
I'd doubt they're going through the poles. What challenges could you do at the poles? Penguin herding?

It would seem to me that they're going to be primarily in the southern hemisphere tho, which makes sense, as during filming it was summer there, and the winter in the northern hemisphere was REALLY nasty this year.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

Posted by realitycoholic on 03-23-05 at 09:29 AM
Come on! We need to see some more frozen silicone! BTW, is there any this season? Hmm, but, I digress.

I was thinking more along the lines of down the Americas and then up, say, Africa rather than going from the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and then home. If they came up through Africa and then Europe then they could fly via the polar route and take a swing through Canada.

This would circumnavigate the globe while still not encompassing it by going the 'typical' way.

I do like the idea of penguin herding...

Posted by MissMyth on 03-23-05 at 11:29 AM
What about sled dog racing? Making snow angels?

"Wintery Challenges"
Posted by trigirl on 03-23-05 at 02:00 PM
Just don't eat the yellow snow.

I remind my children often.

"RE: Wintery Challenges"
Posted by kvasir79 on 04-01-05 at 03:26 PM
well if the teams end up at the poles i don't think any of them would have enough warm clothes to stay warm with what they can carry in just a backpack. There's little accomodation and it's very expensive.

Antarctica would be out of the question i think. I believe they do need permission from authorities to venture into this territory with its national jurisdiction that is yet agreed upon. Not to mention the transportation is scarce to anywhere south of 60 S.

"RE: Wintery Challenges"
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 04-01-05 at 04:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

Just don't eat the yellow snow.

I remind my children often.

In June?

* runs