URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 911
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Falling Skies - TNT "

Posted by Tummy on 05-11-11 at 06:46 PM
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for sci-fi and then previews look good. Premieres June 19th. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Noah Wylie again.

http://www.tnt.tv/series/fallingskies/?SR=sr3_402734_go

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

Table of contents
  • RE: Falling Skies - TNT ,zombiebaby, 11:14 AM, 05-13-11
  • RE: Falling Skies - TNT ,Tahj, 10:27 AM, 05-23-11
  • RE: Falling Skies - TNT ,Tummy, 09:57 AM, 06-17-11
    • RE: Falling Skies - TNT ,Corvis, 12:28 PM, 06-20-11
  • Premiere Episode,mrc, 04:33 PM, 06-20-11
    • RE: Premiere Episode,zombiebaby, 11:18 AM, 06-21-11
      • RE: Premiere Episode,Tummy, 12:32 PM, 06-21-11
      • RE: Premiere Episode,mrc, 04:32 PM, 06-22-11
        • RE: Premiere Episode,Corvis, 02:21 PM, 06-23-11
          • RE: Premiere Episode,mrc, 02:24 PM, 06-23-11
            • RE: Premiere Episode,Tummy, 08:56 AM, 06-27-11
  • RE: Falling Skies - TNT - July 10th episode,Tummy, 07:53 AM, 07-11-11
    • RE: Falling Skies - TNT - July 10th episode,zombiebaby, 11:09 AM, 07-11-11
  • My big question,mrc, 01:54 PM, 07-25-11
    • RE: My big question,zombiebaby, 09:55 AM, 08-01-11
  • Season 1 Finale,mrc, 10:02 AM, 08-24-11

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Falling Skies - TNT "
Posted by zombiebaby on 05-13-11 at 11:14 AM
I'll be giving it a try provided I can remember when it's on!

Posted by Tahj on 05-23-11 at 10:27 AM
Me too.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Tummy on 06-17-11 at 09:57 AM
2 hour premier on Sunday! Woot.

Posted by Corvis on 06-20-11 at 12:28 PM
So was it any good?

"Premiere Episode"
Posted by mrc on 06-20-11 at 04:33 PM
I liked it. It wasn't like Lost, which grabbed me immediately, but it was good. I would have liked some background on the aliens and the invasion--not a lot, but something more than we were shown.

Also, when did Bo Bice get into acting?!?

"RE: Premiere Episode"
Posted by zombiebaby on 06-21-11 at 11:18 AM
I was wondering if you watched this! I liked it too. It's good summertime entertainment. It did have an early season Lost vibe though at the end when everyone was relaxing and watching the kid be a kid again.

The outlaw guy looked so familiar to me. I even checked him out on IMDB but what he has been in I have never seen. Maybe it was Bo Bice that I was thinking of! I've heard on other boards comparisons of him to Sawyer. I guess that's the new in thing to be compared to. I don't get it though, he's no Josh Holloway(in regards to looks). I've ehard the same thing about The Walking Dead's Daryl.

Posted by Tummy on 06-21-11 at 12:32 PM
I'm hooked already. I know what I'll be doing with my Sunday nights.

And the outlaw guy is definitely NO Sawyer. I miss Sawyer. *sniff But Noah is my eye candy on this show.

The Dr Psychologist seems to have the kiss of death for series, can't remember her name, so I'm hoping her luck changes with this one.

Posted by mrc on 06-22-11 at 04:32 PM
I'm starved for TV between the end of hockey season and the start of BB.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by Corvis on 06-23-11 at 02:21 PM
I watched it and thought it was okay. I'll give it a few more episodes. I like the military commander guy who is a hardass, but there's more to him that which is good. Noah Wylie is well cast in the role of history teacher turned soldier.

Posted by mrc on 06-23-11 at 02:24 PM
DW mentioned several times that if aliens invaded, I would become Noah Wylie's character.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by Tummy on 06-27-11 at 08:56 AM
I love that aspect of the show. And that he throws out history lessons when he can.

I think I would have liked them to start the story a little earlier than they did because I'd love to see how he went from teacher to soldier. Although, I do not want them to start with flashbacks.

The scene where he drug the live alien into the school tonight was pure Will Smith in Independence Day.

I think I have more series that I like during the summer than I do during the regular season.

"RE: Falling Skies - TNT - July 10th episode"
Posted by Tummy on 07-11-11 at 07:53 AM
My one big complaint is that there seems to be an extrordinary amount of commercials. Making the storyline seem to plod along each week because not enough story gets told.

Surprised Steven Weber got killed off that quickly and easily. I guess his character was just there to show them how to get the harness off.

Kind of creepy how maternal the alien seemed with the harness kids in the hospital.

"RE: Falling Skies - TNT - July 10th episode"
Posted by zombiebaby on 07-11-11 at 11:09 AM
Kind of weird that there are no guards with the skitter ever.

Also kind of stupid to keep pulling off those harnesses and leaving them right by the kids. Especially after what the first kid did by reattaching it. Which leads to why is he not dead? His father yanked it off him last episode and they made a big point about how you could not do that or else the kid will die.

I also cannot buy that Hal is a high school senior. He looks way too old.

However I despite all the above holes I really like this show. It's light and breezy. I should not think to hard about it. I am fond of swiss cheese!

You've been hotpocketed!

"My big question"
Posted by mrc on 07-25-11 at 01:54 PM
Will Hal's girlfriend show back up? You know, the blonde who got taken, not the new blonde who's cozying up to him or the brunette medical student. I would think he would be a bit concerned.

Bunnies eat nerds.

"RE: My big question"
Posted by zombiebaby on 08-01-11 at 09:55 AM
She came back! Pretty good episode last night. Actually moved the plot along. Pretty creepy too.

"Season 1 Finale"
Posted by mrc on 08-24-11 at 10:02 AM
I expected things to move forward a bit more in the finale than they did. I'm not sure where the writers are going with Tom getting on the ship. OTOH, Hal's GF was pretty creepy. Glad the writers heeded my call!

A Slice of Manga