URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 909
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Live Feeds Thu 7/27"

Posted by Queene1979 on 07-27-06 at 09:03 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-06 AT 09:04 AM (EST)

I thought I would start out the discussion today. I wonder who will get evicted and who will become the new HOH. Hold your hats, I think we are in for a bumpy ride today!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Live Feeds Thu 7/27"
Posted by bdemoney on 07-27-06 at 09:57 AM
So I just skimmed through yesterdays live feeds and was trying to discern who is going home tonight. Do we have any real indication as to who the hamsters voted out yet? Usually after they vote it seems like we can make out who everyone voted for, yet I didn’t seem to find any type of indication of this after scanning through the feeds...

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-27-06 at 09:59 AM
I'd bet my car Jase is going.

Posted by Savahnna on 07-27-06 at 10:18 AM
>I'd bet my car Jase is
>going.

What do you drive??

I'm not really sure.

I was surprised Danielle survived the first one.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-27-06 at 09:59 AM
This is just too funny! Or cute. Or fute. Cunny?

George on the treadmill...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPRnuSAq7uQ

Say what you want about George and his lack of strategy, he is one endearing guy. Kudos to Howie and Diane for not making fun of him (if James had been in there it would have been a different story)

Posted by Savahnna on 07-27-06 at 10:17 AM
>This is just too funny!
>Or cute. Or fute.
> Cunny?
>
>George on the treadmill...
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPRnuSAq7uQ
>
>Say what you want about George
>and his lack of strategy,
>he is one endearing guy.
> Kudos to Howie and
>Diane for not making fun
>of him

Real kudos to them. I had my first lol today. I have to try doing the treadmill his way. It looks like fun!!

Posted by Buggy on 07-27-06 at 10:39 AM
Oh my heck!
How funny was that!

( You can't make me like him, nope, don't even try)

Posted by KScott on 07-27-06 at 10:49 AM
You mean that is not how you are supposed to do it?

I got Bobbed
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Posted by kary1371 on 07-27-06 at 11:20 AM
Thanks for the LOL AugustGirl!

Posted by Savahnna on 07-27-06 at 11:46 AM
You hardly notice how into her hair Diane is too. lol

Posted by CutsyTootsy on 07-27-06 at 12:25 PM
There's some life now. Jani's up and on the treadmill. Dani's up and in the pantry.

A Syren original!

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 12:35 PM
Whoever bet Jani would be first up, is cashing in big today. I never thought that would happen. Maybe Howie's talk got to her yesterday.

Posted by ginger on 07-27-06 at 12:38 PM
She's got HOH on the mind.

Posted by Buggy on 07-27-06 at 12:43 PM
She was up late too.
I watched her brushing her teeth at 3:30 a.m. Hamster Time.

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 01:08 PM
Jani & Dani are doing dishes together. You can almost hear Dani trying to figure out why Jani is up so early.

Posted by CutsyTootsy on 07-27-06 at 01:14 PM
They just said "I wonder how Will's going to take it?" Did anyone else hear that?

A Syren original!

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 01:17 PM
We got entertained to a little wakeup music. It was "wake me up before you go go" by Wham. How appropriate. Isn't that what Dani has been asking for?

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 02:00 PM
We've had flames for the last hour. I think we had flames most of last Thursday too.

Posted by ginger on 07-27-06 at 03:32 PM
Is it HOH comp time? Today has been a lot of flamage.

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 03:35 PM
No, don't know why we have flames. They were up for a couple of minutes until Boogie opened his mouth and we went back to flames.

He was talking about talking to the producers about their protest last night.

Posted by ginger on 07-27-06 at 03:38 PM
*smirks*

Yeah, the protest.

ATTICA!
ATTICA!
ATTICA!

Whiners.

Posted by shantheWOman on 07-27-06 at 07:25 PM
>Is it HOH comp time?
>Today has been a lot
>of flamage.
>
Huh? HOH comps are live.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-27-06 at 05:59 PM
According to the screen caps from tvclubhouse it looks like we have another phone booth competition for HOH.

http://www.tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/10972/3498679.html

The feeds keep going from the HGs getting primped for the live show, to flames, back to primping, back to flames.

It's currently on flames.

Posted by teacherkelly on 07-27-06 at 06:06 PM
Well, if it's a mental/question challenge we know Boogey doesn't stand a chance...

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-27-06 at 06:16 PM
It could possibly be a buzz in type comp...there aren't any partitions between the booths.

If fast reflexes are needed, we can count out Boogie, George, Diane, and Erika (she has a broken rib, ya know...when it suits her).

Posted by samboohoo on 07-27-06 at 06:34 PM
Perhaps that's what Howie and Boogie have been doing in the jack shack - practicing for HOH tonight.

It's Arkie Love

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 08:40 PM
BB6 just won't give up that bedroom.

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 08:44 PM
Feeds are back.

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 08:50 PM
Boogie is working out by himself hoping to become as big a man as Janelle so maybe some day he'll win HOH.

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 08:55 PM
Who did Marcellas take out before Kaysar? Was it Boogie? He's ticked off at what Marcellas did and said he WILL bring up the Dolce dinner with him. Will is trying to calm him down.

Let get out the beer.

Posted by Snidget on 07-27-06 at 08:57 PM
I posted the order over on the East Coast Thread. Checked the DVR.

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 08:57 PM
Will & Jase are shocked. Boogie says Ericka has a lot of explaining to him for taking out George. I guess instead of BB6.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-27-06 at 09:01 PM
Boogie is very upset.

Will actually thinks he can try to get Janelle to put up himself and CG instead of Boogie and Will.

Boogie and Will talking about how they think the show was edited.

And flames...

Posted by bamabelle on 07-28-06 at 10:39 AM
Will & Jase? do you mean Will & Boogie are shocked?
If you are referring to HOH comp. I WAS SHOCKED!!!
I mean seriously are all the HG idiots this year?
James can't see that Jani has replaced him with QB Marci!
I don't think James will ever be a true member of BB6 alliance.
But really!!! WHY??? would any of the so called floaters NOT take out BB6 during an HOH comp? Erika had her opportunity to do it! I mean Kaysar didn't think twice about sitting her down the very next play. Will was the only one with the balls to sit a BB6 person down.....his only mistake he took Jedi Howie instead of Jedi Jani or Kaysar.....
I know most of you are in favor of the BB6 alliance, I am probably the only one that hopes someone other than the bb6 make it to the final 4 or final 2......I would rather see Dani win it or CG or yes Diane..........just not BB6. I hope JAse does get back in......cause I bet he comes back with a mission. one that those other bozo's don't seem to have.

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 09:10 PM
Will tells Boogie the whole house is against them except George. He says it's just Chill Town & Mr. Fart.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-27-06 at 09:12 PM
Too funny!

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 09:13 PM
Fart Town?

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-27-06 at 09:16 PM
Love it!

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-27-06 at 09:35 PM
Did someone say "fart"?

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 09:27 PM
Boogie says one of those people will win 1/10 of what he is worth & if he gets evicted he'll drive off in his $80,000 car.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-27-06 at 09:35 PM
Can you say "full of yourself"?

The HGs are all eating takeout (PJ Changs? Is that what they said. We don't have those in my neck of the woods).

Will just asked BB if they would let CG eat. No answer from BB.

Posted by CutsyTootsy on 07-27-06 at 09:37 PM
I had to turn down the sound. Listening to them eat isn't pretty!

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 09:47 PM
And George is all alone in the bedroom. He looks sad.

Posted by countrygirl_29 on 07-27-06 at 09:49 PM
I can't imagine how hard it is for him. Not being able to eat but having to see and smell it all the time. That would be enough to drive a person crazy. My bet is that there will be some kind of comp or twist where he'll be able to eat again.

Posted by rjrabbit on 07-27-06 at 09:50 PM
Poor Augie!! I love PF Changs! They have the best lettuce wraps!!! Will was just talking about them and how they make you fart. That's never happened to me!

Posted by countrygirl_29 on 07-27-06 at 09:53 PM
I've never heard of the place, either. Can't recall ever coming across one here in the South. lol

Posted by arkiegrl on 07-27-06 at 10:11 PM
I'm in Tennessee, and there's one in the town where I live.

Posted by Snidget on 07-28-06 at 05:19 AM
We recently got one here in North Carolina as well.

Posted by countrygirl_29 on 07-28-06 at 12:05 PM
Well, I'll reword that then. I've never seen one here in Arkansas. lol

Posted by Elaine0 on 07-27-06 at 09:53 PM
Again proving he is one classy guy Boogie said "this is what I think of BB6". He then farted into his mic.

"fortune cookies"
Posted by rjrabbit on 07-27-06 at 09:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-06 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

janie - you will make a change for the better
marci - you will soon receive an unusual proposition (james: FROM KAYSAR!!)
howie - you are a funloving person and you will find much happiness
kaysar - for a good cause wrong doing may be virtuous
danielle - you will take a pleasant journey to a place far away Janie says "sequester"
boogie - prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them
erika - you will continue to make changes and be glad you did

"RE: fortune cookies"
Posted by Buggy on 07-27-06 at 10:35 PM
I heard George got called to the DR for sneaking a fortune cookie.

Anyone see that?
It could be a lie I was in the feeds chatroom, and they sometimes spread false info.

"RE: fortune cookies"
Posted by CutsyTootsy on 07-27-06 at 10:57 PM
I was watching when they called him to the DR. He was laying on a bed away from the rest of the group.

I didn't see him steal anything or eat anything.

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 07-27-06 at 11:23 PM
Sounds like they are on lockdown right now, and everyone seems to be complaining about wanting to go outside.

Janie got her HoH room, but they went to flames during that part. I guess they had the sound still on, but I wasn't listening since they were showing flames on the screen.

Will, Mike and James talking about wanting more alcohol. Will said he would behave for the whole week if they'd give them some vodka. James starts asking Will if he thinks the producers like him or not, and they switch cams.

Marc and Erika were talking a little about who they thought would go up. Marc wants Janie to put up CG, Erika thinks she'll put up CT. Both say they are safe for at least another week.

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 07-27-06 at 11:27 PM
James, Howie, Mike and Dani in LV. James said that Jase appologized to him over the outburst he had the other day.

Jase left the mousetrap car he made.

They start talking about Jase coming back, since Jase said he'd see them in two weeks. Sounds like they all think someone might be coming back into the house.

We finally get two cams on the HoH room where Howie, Kaysar and Janie are now. It's all pink.

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 07-27-06 at 11:33 PM
in the HoH room, sounds like they are talking about putting up floaters again.

They seem to think as well that someone (Jase) will be coming back in the house.

Janie keeps crackling candy papers making it hard to hear what they are saying, but I think they are leaning towards Mike and Diane going up, hoping that Diane will go up in case Jase does come back.

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 07-27-06 at 11:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-06 AT 11:38 PM (EST)

They think James isn't going to be happy about Diane going up, because if Diane were to win HoH, she wouldn't be going after James before the rest of BB6.

They are watching the spy screen of everyone in the living room siting around.

ETA: Janie keps womdering why James isn't up in the HoH room with the rest of them.

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 07-27-06 at 11:43 PM
Kay and Howie leave the HoH room because Kay says they can't spend all their time up there nto with everyone else.

Erika comes up to the HoH, and Janie asks her who she thinks should go up.

Erika wants CG gone, but thinks the boys (CT) should both go up.

Janie mentions Diane and they throw out a few options, and Erika tells Janie she needs to do whats best for Janie.

Erika tells Janie she looks like Barbie with all the pink in the room, and the convo turns to fluff.

Posted by rjrabbit on 07-28-06 at 00:18 AM
FLAMES FOR a long time. WTF!

Posted by waves crashing on 07-28-06 at 00:22 AM
And now it's the trivia questions. Not a good sign.

Posted by waves crashing on 07-28-06 at 00:55 AM
Feeds are back. Will, Booger, Erika, and Dani are sitting around the living room completely silent. They look like somebody just killed their puppy.

Posted by waves crashing on 07-28-06 at 01:01 AM
Kaysar, James, and Howie are in the bug room plotting exactly how to shoot fish in a barrel.

Diane, Marci, and George are sacked out in the red room. I'm starting to think there is a carbon monoxide leak in the house. They are near comatose.

Oh... it sounds like they lost the food comp and are on slop for another week. Not sure why George is taking it so hard.

Posted by waves crashing on 07-28-06 at 01:26 AM
S6 are in the painfully pink HOH room plotting yet again. Kaysar just said something about Diane volunteering to go on slop this week to show she was cool, so she wouldn't get nominated this week. Now I'm not sure... it seems early for the food comp. I can't figure out who is on slop and why.

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 07-28-06 at 01:49 AM
My feeds are acting up bad tonight, but what I've been able to get in pieces is that James is really upset about who they what to put this week.

He keeps saying that they can do whatever they want, and next time he'll do what he wants to do.

He feels they (BB6ers) bbullied him into putting Jase up last week, and he's still unhappy about it. Now they are doing what they want and not what he wants.

From the sound of this convo, I think the S4 are starting to break a little.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-28-06 at 12:39 PM
He feels they (BB6ers) bbullied him into putting Jase up last week, and he's still unhappy about it. Now they are doing what they want and not what he wants.

James has had this conversation every week since day 1. He's a whiner. And if anyone believes he was bullied into putting up Jase when the veto was used, they are sadly mistaken. James did exactly what he wanted to do, when he wanted to do it, no bones about it.

And from the sounds of a K/H/J conversation late last night (early this morning?), they are totally on to James and expect him to jump ship sooner than later. They know about his alliance with Dani, and they suspect Diane is involved too (which she is).

"BB influences grammar??"
Posted by shakes the clown on 07-28-06 at 12:46 PM
they are
>totally on to James and
>expect him to jump ship
>sooner than later.

...I love how in today's society, we are at the point where even our grammar can be influenced by something we see on a cheesy reality show.

This is NOT the first time I've noticed a poster here butcher the phrase "sooner RATHER than later". Of course, this phrase has been butchered in this exact same manner on BB for several seasons, dating back I think to BB3. We've all heard Marci butcher this phrase on all-stars, and now unbelieveably, people at home are starting to accept the butchered version as the correct version.

I don't know if that is funny or sad.

"RE: BB influences grammar??"
Posted by AugustGirl on 07-28-06 at 01:08 PM
Eh, "sooner than later" or "sooner rather than later". Who the fvck really cares? Really.

I don't know if that is funny or sad.

Funny or sad? I think it's funny someone would get so worked up about the omission of a word in a phrase, but that's just me. It's not like I said "I could care less" because really, I could NOT care less about the phrase or your irritation at the way I used it.

So, Shakes...should I edit my post? Would that make you happy?

Wait. Never mind. I couldn't care less.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 07-28-06 at 02:56 PM
I don't really think people are saying sooner than later because of BB. I have always heard people say it this way.

Like Augustgirl said, "Who cares" or "Who could care less" or something like that. Point is as long as people know what you mean who cares.

Who says the word "rather" anyway? Sounds kinda high falutin'.

Posted by countrygirl_29 on 07-28-06 at 03:01 PM
Yep, I'm a "sooner than later" type of gal, also. It has absolutely nothing to do with watching Reality Shows. My family says it and not a one of them watch Reality television.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-28-06 at 03:37 PM
It's probably a regional thing, cg. And really, who cares, other than Shakes apparently?

"touched a nerve"
Posted by shakes the clown on 07-28-06 at 03:04 PM
>Eh, "sooner than later" or "sooner
>rather than later". Who
>the fvck really cares?
>Really.
>
>Funny or sad? I think
>it's funny someone would get
>so worked up about the
>omission of a word in
>a phrase, but that's just
>me.

...where did I say I was "worked up about it"? All i was doing was pointing out the oddity in that this particular phrase is butchered all the time on BB and now I am noticing it being butchered quite a bit on the BB forums. Based on that, I wondered aloud if there is a connection.

Seems like a valid question to me.

Sounds like you are just pissed that subconsciously you are letting your everyday speak be influenced by the morons on BB. I would be mad too if that happened to me.

And no, I've never heard the phrase "sooner than later" anywhere EXCEPT on BB and the BB forums.

"RE: touched a nerve"
Posted by AugustGirl on 07-28-06 at 03:35 PM
You got worked up enough to take the time to comment on it, but hey, if you say you're not worked up, whatever.

Pissed? I'm not pissed. I'm puzzled as to why you need to respond to me when there are so many members of the Shakes Fan Club out there who would pee their pants to have you flame them. Have you run out of newbies to terrorize? Your fan club numbers down and you're trying to recruit?

Influenced by the morons on BB? Not me.

Influenced by morons from Love Cruise? Others here are, but certainly not me.

Posted by oasisfan1994 on 07-28-06 at 03:42 PM
Why are people (shakes) attacking people for having an opinion? You attacked my opinion 2 days ago. If reality t.v. bothers you so much DON"T WATCH IT.

I thought there was supposed to be no attacking out here anyways. I come out here for different opinions on a show that interest me. you want to bash go to the bashers forum.

"hey genius"
Posted by shakes the clown on 07-28-06 at 03:46 PM
>Why are people (shakes) attacking people
>for having an opinion?

...please point out where I am attacking someone for "having an opinion" in this instance?

Exactly, you can't. You're still bitter cause I ripped on you the other day. Come back when you have an actual leg to stand on.

You
>attacked my opinion 2 days
>ago. If reality t.v. bothers
>you so much DON"T WATCH
>IT.

...now this just shows how bright you truly are. Congrats on filling out the lowest common denominator demographic.

>
>I thought there was supposed to
>be no attacking out here
>anyways.

...go read the guidelines. And seriously, if you think my posts are "attacking" then you have a lot to learn about the true definition of that word. I'm sure there are plenty of board vets who are rolling their eyes and laughing at what you consider to be me "attacking" You ain't seen nothing.

I come out here
>for different opinions on a
>show that interest me.

..really, and I just thought you came here to drool over the BB6 all stars.

"RE: hey genius"
Posted by realtvlvr on 07-29-06 at 02:28 PM
Shakes you are the reason there are guidelines because the topic soon becomes about the attacker and what they have attacked rather than the reality show. I don't understand why they let you continue they way they do.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-28-06 at 03:47 PM
Shakes was a member of this community before the no bashing rule was made, therefore he has been granted permission to be a total asshole whenever he feels like it.

In other words, Shakes is the resident asshole. He's been grandfathered in...he's the grandfather asshole.

The good news is you are allowed to flame him back, if you are so inclined.

Most people do, sooner than later.

Posted by shakes the clown on 07-28-06 at 03:42 PM
>You got worked up enough to
>take the time to comment
>on it, but hey, if
>you say you're not worked
>up, whatever.

..so you have to be worked up to post? The only one worked up is you, but that is obvious and probably doesn't need to be pointed out.

I was merely pointing out what could be a strange societal/media influenced phenomenon/pattern (sp) that I have noticed on the message board. You, on the other hand, are the one running around screaming about it. Case in point, below....
>

>Pissed? I'm not pissed.
>I'm puzzled as to why
>you need to respond to
>me when there are so
>many members of the Shakes
>Fan Club out there who
>would pee their pants to
>have you flame them. Have
>you run out of newbies
>to terrorize? Your fan
>club numbers down and you're
>trying to recruit?
>
>Influenced by the morons on BB?
>Not me.
>
>Influenced by morons from Love Cruise?
> Others here are, but
>certainly not me.

...see, who is the one pissed off? All I did was point something out and I sure as heck didn't flame you. But, being extra sensitive and obviously embarassed about finding out that your conduct is being influence by BB has caused you to fly off the handle.

But, go ahead and try to tell me that I'm the one gettign worked up about it. Say it enough times and you might even convince yourself its true. Good luck with that.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-28-06 at 03:48 PM
*yawn*

Posted by bamabelle on 07-28-06 at 04:08 PM
shakes - get over yourself
this is suppose to be about BB
not our grammer and how we use it
or mis-use it!!

TOPIC: Big Brother 7
Last time I checked

NOT GRAMMER/English 101

Posted by countrygirl_29 on 07-28-06 at 04:30 PM
I just polled the people in my office and everyone stated that they either say "Sooner than Later" or they say "Sooner or Later". I thought this was fascinating, seeing as none of them even new what "Big Brother" is, much less that it's a television show. Which leads me to this question; If they haven't watched the show, then how did they know this phrase?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-29-06 at 09:40 PM
count me in as a person interested in speech patterns ...

"sooner OR later" means something completely different; why is it getting dragged in here? It means that inevitably it will happen, kind of like the BIG ONE will strike LA. Only time will tell whether sooner or later.

"Sooner rather than later" means to get it done and not procrastinate (or you may not have a chance) -- as in, the question of when to go after CT.

"Sooner than later" is just wrong. Lets' do it sooner than later?
You need to put something in there with the sense of "this opposed to that." "Than" standing alone doesn't cut it.

I agree with shakes that listening to BB7 could have an influence on us. It's a blessing to America that they didn't bring back Cowboy or Natria this season.

Posted by linz79 on 07-29-06 at 10:26 PM
who in the he** is natria?????

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-29-06 at 10:48 PM
Natalie/Adria

"Good grief"
Posted by AugustGirl on 07-30-06 at 07:03 AM
Has anyone considered that I just forgot to type the stupid word? I type pretty fast and many times my brain gets ahead of my fingers. So I didn't type "rather" -- either because I type too fast or I'm a stupid idiot moron who watches BB. Who really cares anyway -- other than Shakes and OFG apparently? Geez.

(case in point...in going back to reread this post I didn't type the words "type" and "to" but in my brain they both were there. sometimes I preview my post, sometimes I don't. do people say Lisapooh is a reality TV influenced moron because of her famous typos? no)

Jumping to conclusions that I am a BB influenced moron because I left out the word "rather"--either intentionally or accidently--is just silly.

"so full of it and so obvious"
Posted by shakes the clown on 07-30-06 at 10:43 AM
>Has anyone considered that I just
>forgot to type the stupid
>word? I type pretty
>fast and many times my
>brain gets ahead of my
>fingers. So I didn't
>type "rather" -- either because
>I type too fast or
>I'm a stupid idiot moron
>who watches BB. Who
>really cares anyway -- other
>than Shakes and OFG apparently?
> Geez.

...yeah, okay, nice excuse. IF you had forgotten to type the word you would've said so IMMEDIATELY, as in "hey moron, I know what the proper phrase is and I just forgot to type it." But, no, you flew off the handle and didn't come up with the "type too fast" defense till 2 days later.

Also, if you simply forgot to type it you wouldn't have gotten this defensive.

Part of my job is trying to figure out when someone is lying or telling the truth and I'm 100% sure you are lying.

I can't believe you care this much that you are being influenced by (not so)popular culture. Its really not that big a deal, we are all influenced by things we see on TV and don't even realize it. I was merely pointing out an example. Obviously you took that as an afront to your supposed intelligence and became Ms. crazy & defensive.

And you can stop saying that myself or OFG cares that much because neither of us do. I was merely pointing out what I thought (and think) was an interesting tidbit of how society can be influenced by anything they see on TV, no matter how stupid teh source is. I'm pretty sure OFG also finds this interesting and is not merely posting to point out how stupid you are.

>
>(case in point...in going back to
>reread this post I didn't
>type the words "type" and
>"to" but in my brain
>they both were there.
>sometimes I preview my post,
>sometimes I don't. do people
>say Lisapooh is a reality
>TV influenced moron because of
>her famous typos? no)

..typos are a different story. We all make typos and forget words, I probably do it more than anyone in the history of this website. But, what you did wasn't a typo...like I said above, if it was you would've used that defense IMMEDIATELY, not two days later.

Face it, you're busted. What you are busted of I really have no idea but it must be something big considering how you first flew off the hanlde and then later, after you had 2 nights to sleep on it, tried to cover it up.

>Jumping to conclusions that I am
>a BB influenced moron because
>I left out the word
>"rather"--either intentionally or accidently--is just
>silly.

..nope, not with the pile of evidence stacked against you.

"really?"
Posted by AugustGirl on 07-30-06 at 11:48 AM
You think you've "busted" me? Whatever floats your boat.

I am absolutely 100% certain I use the phrase "sooner than later". I am not disputing that at all. My point is why get so irked about one phrase used within one post? Why pass judgement and infer I am a moron because I watch BB and said "sooner than later"? You got all this from reading one post?

If I let every grammatical error or mispelling that happens on this board set me into a tizzy I'd be a raving lunatic by now.

Are you bored, Shakes? None of the newbies want to play with you? Can't find anyone to browbeat so I'm your latest target? At the very least I'm glad I could make you feel superior and worthy. Good for you.

"flip flopper"
Posted by shakes the clown on 07-31-06 at 02:10 PM
>I am absolutely 100% certain I
>use the phrase "sooner than
>later". I am not
>disputing that at all.

...but I thought it was a typo??? Two posts ago you claimed typo, but now you are saying that you are not disputing that you use the improper phrase??? Hmmm, someone's story isn't adding up.

>My point is why get
>so irked about one phrase
>used within one post? Why
>pass judgement and infer I
>am a moron because I
>watch BB and said "sooner
>than later"? You got
>all this from reading one
>post?

...if you would've said from minute one that you were not influenced by BB and that in fact you have been using the incorret phrase all your life then I would've dropped it. However, this is the FIRST time you are stating that.

I, on the other hand, have never heard the phrase "sooner than later" in my life except on BB and on then lately on the BB message board. That is why I wondered aloud about the influence of media and pop culture on our daily lives and speech. Seems like a valid question to me.

You on the other hand completely flew off the handle, then you tried to deny it, then you tried to attack me instead, then you tried to admit it??????

>
>If I let every grammatical error
>or mispelling that happens on
>this board set me into
>a tizzy I'd be a
>raving lunatic by now.

...yes, you would. But my comments had nothing to with normal gramatical errors or mispellings. It has to do with a possible connection b/w a gramatical error on BB and its effect on the viewers of that show.

>Are you bored, Shakes? None
>of the newbies want to
>play with you? Can't
>find anyone to browbeat so
>I'm your latest target?
>At the very least I'm
>glad I could make you
>feel superior and worthy.
>Good for you.

...to quote you quoting one of my long time tactics.....yawn.

"RE: so full of it and so obvious"
Posted by greenmonstah on 07-31-06 at 07:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-06 AT 07:59 AM (EST)

".nope, not with the pile of evidence stacked against you."

Shakes, you sound like a complete idiot. You cannot prove an assumption and at this point, your assumption has become a bias. You are just cranky becuase Augie made you look like the immaterial, unimportant poster you have become. But nice try trying to appear analytical and compelling.

Edited to fix html

"blah blah blah"
Posted by shakes the clown on 07-31-06 at 02:16 PM
>Shakes, you sound like a complete
>idiot. You cannot prove
>an assumption and at this
>point, your assumption has become
>a bias.

....oh I don't need to prove an assumption. August girl confirmed my suspicions with her non-stop pattern of denials, story changes, and defensive attacks. Where I come from only guitly people act like that.

You are
>just cranky becuase Augie made
>you look like the immaterial,
>unimportant poster you have become.

.....maybe in your retarded warped world. But, where I come from(planet earth) I look like someone making a valid interesting point whereas Augustgirl is the only person here running around basically crying about it, lying, changing her story and basically flying off the handle.

Obviously, by your reference to her as "augie" she must be a cyberfriend of yours so your biased opinion obviously isn't worth a red cent.

As for the part about not being an important poster??? I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. I haven't posted here regularly in a couple years, barely read any forums here anymore, so I highly doubt I care about who is an "important" poster and who isn't.

Personally, I think its laughable that you even have these types of classifications in your head. Life much?

Posted by Puffy on 07-29-06 at 02:00 PM
I say "sooner or later." There's a few songs titled "Sooner or Later."

Posted by countrygirl_29 on 07-31-06 at 02:26 PM
I've asked everyone that I know and none of them say "Sooner Rather Than Later". They either say "Than Later" or the say "or Later". The phrase has been around forever, before BB was even thought of.

So what I'm wondering is what is supposedly the correct phrase and what proof do we have of this? And why does it even matter what people say?

"proof? You"
Posted by shakes the clown on 07-31-06 at 02:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-06 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

>I've asked everyone that I know
>and none of them say
>"Sooner Rather Than Later".
>They either say "Than Later"
>or the say "or Later".
> The phrase has been
>around forever, before BB was
>even thought of.

....no, the phrase "sooner rather than later" has been around forever. The phrase sooner than later has not been around at all because it doesn't exist! Its just some backwater uneducated white trash bastardization of the phrase. Myself, I've never heard it said UNTIL BB3. Since then I've only heard it said incorrectly on BB and on this message board. But, maybe that's because I hang out with educated people. Although some of my clients have probably said it and I just didn't catch it. After all, my clients have already invented such non-words as "flustrated" and "agreance".

As for the phrase "sooner or later", as was pointed out above by OFG and assuming you can read, that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS AND IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PHRASE. If you can't see the difference between the two phrases and can't understand how they are different in meaning then you are beyond repair in this regard and should just sit the rest of this discussion out, probably at your local A&W or whatever else passes for commerce in your part of the world.

>
>So what I'm wondering is what
>is supposedly the correct phrase
>and what proof do we
>have of this?

...you're kidding right? You honestly need proof as to the proper way to say "sooner rather than later" as opposed to "sooner than later" and you can't figure out on your own how one is the right way and one doesn't even make sense????

And
>why does it even matter
>what people say?

...it doesn't matter what people say, unless of course you are trying to see if there is a connection between media/pop culture and its influnece on popular speech patterns. But, if you can't tell the difference between those sayings anyway I'm guessing this might be a little above you anyway. So just move on, you're gonna end uf huring your head if stick around this thread much longer.

"RE: proof? You"
Posted by countrygirl_29 on 07-31-06 at 02:57 PM
Like I thought. lol You danced completely around the answer. Pointing fingers and calling names doesn't mean you're right. It just means that you can't find a valid reason for why we are all so wrong so you try to cover it up by being a "#####". Bravo, Good Job. You're plan is working. Just because I say "Sooner Than Later" doesn't have a damn thing to do with me being educated. I have that College Diploma hanging on my wall, too. White Trash? That's so funny. Now who's talking like people from Big Brother? Isn't that what they've been calling Diane? Oh well, to each his own.

"any body have jobs???"
Posted by linz79 on 07-31-06 at 03:09 PM
hey shakes do you work? i cant possibly see you having that much time on your hands to write these elaborate responses to soemthing that is sooooo petty. Hey Shakes GET A LIFE !!!!

"Shakes, you need to get out more"
Posted by Snidget on 07-31-06 at 03:17 PM
Google hits for "sooner than later"

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,610,000 for "sooner than later". (0.11 seconds)

Most of those are not this BB