URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 908
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Queer Eye For the Straight Girl"

Posted by dabo on 06-25-04 at 01:56 AM
Coming in 2005

http://www.bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for_the_Straight_Girl/

From the creators of Bravo's runaway hit Queer Eye for the Straight Guy comes a new series that turns a tasteful eye towards the ladies. This time, a team of gay stylists will "make-better" Los Angeles-area women in episodes that will feature a full lifestyle "make-betters" sure to impress and inspire.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"aka 'fag hag for a day'"
Posted by cqvenus on 06-25-04 at 11:13 AM

this seems to be every straight woman's dream. how much you wanna bet they're all overweight, unattractive, single, and they pathetically flirt with the gay guys?

~ cq

"RE: aka 'fag hag for a day'"
Posted by kyngsladye on 06-26-04 at 11:48 AM

I believe that since I'm a full-time hag that I would not qualify. Pity.

La Métropole

"RE: Queer Eye For the Straight Girl"
Posted by Sweater_Puffs on 06-28-04 at 03:03 AM
I wondered about that premise myself, but then I imagined four buffed up gay women taking a frilly fem and turning her into unibrow...

Posted by dabo on 06-28-04 at 03:09 AM
Valley Girl gets a reality check? This would involve what, how to be self-centered without being too self-centered? I fear for all womankind that this is being filmed in L.A.

Posted by Sweater_Puffs on 06-28-04 at 06:26 PM
I forgot, we could also have Straight Guy for the Queer Eye, infiltrate a gay man's closet and replace all pastels with grays and blues!

Posted by Estee on 06-28-04 at 05:45 AM
This is discrimination, plain and simple. We now have a queer eye for the straight guy, straight girl, and, after Tuesday night, the gay guy. Where's the queer eye for the gay girl? Why are only the first three categories entitled to get thousands of dollars in free stuff plus DAW time? Why?

Somebody's gonna sue.

Posted by dabo on 06-28-04 at 07:03 PM
Straight Eye For the Queer Girl is just such a typical male fantasy.

Posted by Estee on 06-28-04 at 07:25 PM
If your name happens to be Kevin Smith, sure. But I was looking for Queer Eye for the Queer Girl, which isn't something that's really been tackled in any major media production to date.

Actually, I think I just created a new oxymoron.

Posted by Swami on 06-29-04 at 10:14 AM
LOL, dabo. I believe there are any number of mainstream "gay" designers of women's clothing already. But I like these shows so I'll try to catch the QE for the Straight Gal.

I just wish they would come to the Midwest with a personal makeover show. Coastal people must consider us a lost cause or something. Well, 'What Not To Wear' pulls people from the Midwest but then they take them to NYC to learn how to dress. Why not dress them from stuff they can find available in Columbus or DesMoines? Now that would be a challenge!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 06-29-04 at 01:35 PM
Below's a story I did back in April on this:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2467

Posted by Pepito on 07-02-04 at 01:36 PM
Aaahh! The Swans will just die when they watch this show and realize that they didn't need all that surgery, they just needed better makeup, a really good cut, and a more appreciate, esteem-building partner...

I think this will a fun show.