URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 907
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Backdooring"

Posted by HistoryDetective on 07-26-06 at 02:21 AM
Jase is insisting that he is being backdoored, but I am not certain that I agree.

I always thought that backdooring somebody involved intentionally not nominating that person in order to then nominate him/her after the Veto Ceremony, leaving him/her no chance for escape. Such a plan involves intentionally nominating two pawns, neither of whom is the target, in order to swoop in with the Veto and then nominate the true target.

But Jase was never the true target here. He is just the victim of circumstance. Nobody intended that he would go on the block this week. Nobody expected Chicken George to actually win the Veto. Everybody assumed that Chicken George would be going home.

I feel little sympathy for Jase's complaint that he never had a chance to defend himself. He competed in the Veto competition, which is more of a chance than many of them had. Yeah, he went in assuming that he was not the target, but an All Star like Jase should know by now that the only guarantee is to win the Veto yourself.

Yeah, the situation sucks for Jase, but I do not agree that he has technically been backdoored. The intentionality is absent.

Sigs by Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Backdooring"
Posted by oasisfan1994 on 07-26-06 at 03:00 AM
i agree that Jase was not backdoored as CG was the target for this week but im glad he is up and don't feel sorry for him at all. watching the live feeds versus watching the highly edited show format you see people for what they really are.

I only feel sorry for Jase's poor girlfriend. I hope she sees him for what he is and dumps his a$$ when he gets home.

Posted by tribephyl on 07-26-06 at 03:05 AM
I kinda agree I think.

Jase is indeed being evicted in a similar way the a backdooring would occur. I'll give him that.
However, Jase was given ample opportunity to turn it around for himself. Bowing out of the POV was solely his mistake. I believe he even went into it thinking "I have to win this one becasue if Will or Boogie wins I would be a target". He simply forgot to put George's name on that list.
Dumb mistake and he won't do it again. But it's doubtful he'd even get a chance to not do.

So you're right. Technically he's not being backdoored, but circumstantually(?) he is. It's the best way to describe the situation he's in, for now.

Hmmm...backdooring and HD in the same topic and not one mention of lube. Should I be concerned?

Posted by Buggy on 07-26-06 at 06:50 AM

I agree HD!
I was going to post this topic if no one else had.

When someone is backdoored ( with the 6 finger plan) they are set up so they have no chance to save themselves.
Jase was not set up to go by James.
Jase had chances to save himself, he dropped out of the Veto thinking that he only had to worry about Woogie. It should have been clear to him when it started that George was capable of winning the Veto. If he wanted to save himself in the game he should have tried to win the Veto. Kayser tried to win the Veto to keep the plan in place, and he wasn't even in danger of going on the block.

(Am I the only one that wanted Jase to have to shave his head?)

Jase says he is capable of winning HOH, did he even try for this one, or was he throwing the HOH with his Chilltown pals?

Nakomis called him as the bully he is, before she left, and now we see it.

Chilltown is mad that James didn't put up Marcellas? Well then they should have played for power instead of threatening people with lame deals and intimidation.

Oh he had a chance to save himself, therefore it is not being backdoored.
Besides the game is to take one person out each week to advance yourself, Jase thinks they aren't allowed to vote him out, like he should be allowed to stay in the game til he wants to play it his way. He is a whiney little school yard bully, and he needs to go home.

I have more to say, but I'm starting to rant, and don't want to go into stuff that wasn't shown on TV.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 07-26-06 at 08:57 AM
(Am I the only one that wanted Jase to have to shave his head?)

Nope. I wanted to watch Mr. Anime try to preen in front of the mirror with a bald noggin.

Nakomis called him as the bully he is, before she left, and now we see it.

I despised him during Season 5. I never thought "Jase is different now" when this season began like so many others did. I figured that we would just see more of the same from him --- and we did.

I absolutely loved it when Marcellas said, "Now we see why everybody in Season 5 hated you so much."

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

Cool sigpic. I don't think I have seen this one before.

Posted by Buggy on 07-26-06 at 09:16 AM

I absolutely loved it when Marcellas said, "Now we see why everybody in Season 5 hated you so much."

I loved it too! The look on Jase's face was perfect. He thinks everyone fears his gameplay, but he is really just disliked.

Birthday gift from Tribe, I like it!

Posted by slickeronstate on 07-26-06 at 08:42 PM
Jase the vain man in the mirror would never shave the same hair that he spends hours primping over!!!

"I'm confused."
Posted by Estee on 07-26-06 at 08:04 AM
I thought Howie was trying to backdoor Will.

(Run away?)

"RE: I'm confused."
Posted by slickeronstate on 07-26-06 at 08:45 PM
Howie is miffed Will wouldn't hug him after being nominated! His crush!

Posted by kingfish on 07-26-06 at 08:38 AM
Jase was certainly surprised, and it is a backdoor strategy variant. But it began as a straightforward plan (the Front Door?) to put up a patsy and a target and only evolved into a backdoor when the target won POV. So it might be like a Frontdoor/Backdoor variant. The Trapdoor?

I have no sympathy for Jase - egotistical, hypocritical, poseur, as well as a bit ignorant. And a bully. I think that, as long as he has his mirror, he doesn’t have any room in his existence for anything but his own reflection.

If he goes this week, he won’t be actually taken out and shot. Unless there is a BB7 twist (which, as I write this, I would consider to be.....nonono not in prime time.... well.....maybe?...okok, bad idea..). So he gets kicked out, big deal. No sympathy.

Posted by nazpink on 07-26-06 at 08:59 AM
I thought it was stupid for Jase to call people out in the heat of the moment. Why would people want to save him now? He should have kept his mouth shut and talked to James and others after.

Did anyone else think that Veto competition was stupid. Seriously, I thought eating the bowl of slop should have been higher on the scale than being written on, oooooooo so daring. LOL...what if ol' Marci was in that competition? He would have gotten a free pass on the whole shaving the head bit, but he probably wouldn't have made it past the bowl of slop. No, girl would have shaved their heads. The bluberry bath was wimpy. I think the only real big deal in that competition was the amount of days one would have to eat the "Devil's Oatmeal" and not partaking in the next POV.

I can understand Jase's frustration but hey had he not been too vain to shave his head he at least would have had more of a chance to win. Oh, but does anyone else agree....Kaysar is still fine, even with no hair.....I don't know who took it worse, Kaysar or Marci?

Posted by HistoryDetective on 07-26-06 at 09:13 AM
No, girl would have shaved their heads.

Nakomis would have if she was still in the house instead of useless sack of flesh Diane. That would have been good television.

I like Kingfish's suggestion that Jase got the Trapdoor.

Posted by Buggy on 07-26-06 at 09:24 AM
Trapdoor is the perfect word.
Right on, King!

There has been some speculation about which names were in the bag, in fact one on the houseguests asked James, and he said he'd been told not to look in the bag.
Why not just use the wheel like they had been, unless the producers were pulling a trick?
Even if the women would be willing to shave ther heads, I doubt BB wants their eye candy girls to look bad.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 07-26-06 at 06:13 PM
Jedi Janie would've had to change her name to G.I. Janie, but she still woulda been cute.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Posted by syren on 07-26-06 at 08:55 AM
I agree 100% with everything you and Buggy have said.

I liked Jase at the beginning, much more than I ever did in his season and was thinking that maybe he wasn't such a tool anymore...but his latest actions have proved that he is still the same egotistical, ranting maniac that he was during his season and it's best to get him out now before he gets even crazier.

Posted by Buggy on 07-26-06 at 09:30 AM
I thought he'd found a little self control, but wow was I wrong. I was almost afraid that I hadn't remembered him correctly.

I was glad when they showed a montauge of Jase from his season. I looked at my husband and said, "See? He was a total hateful A*hole.I didn't remember it wrong."

Posted by syren on 07-26-06 at 10:35 AM
I was the same way. I thought for a few moments that maybe it was the gameplay in his season or some of the houseguests and he just went nuts because of that...now I know that it was just him.

However I will say that one of the most remembered moments in BB (IMO) is when he wore that sign around the house trying to get votes to keep him.

Posted by shantheWOman on 07-26-06 at 09:48 AM
I agree, Jase was not backdoored at all. Being backdoored is a deliberate plan of deception. Everyone knows that plans change based on who wins the POV. Jase was George's replacement just like anyone else could have been. Jase is just a whiner. He realizes that he really has NO control like he does in his delusions and all he CAN do is whine.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 07-26-06 at 10:02 AM
all he CAN do is whine

Or pick a new hobby.

I stole this photo from That Dingo at Hamster Watch.
I enjoy her daily rankings and summaries.
CBS should hire her instead of just borrowing her ideas.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 07-26-06 at 11:24 AM
Love the trapdoor analogy.

Those temper tantrums, that should make his girlfriend want to snag her daughter and go into the witness protection program!!!!

Posted by ginger on 07-26-06 at 11:37 AM
Jase thinks he's One of the Big Guns. Which he never really was...he didn't go that far in his initial season. He probably truly thinks the CG nom was fake and they threw the comp to backdoor Jase. It would crush him to realize how little competition James et al really finds him. In fact, were it not for the Secret Will/Dani/James alliance, I would wonder why James bothered to put up Jase in the 1st place. He will so clearly implode anyway.

I remain v. relieved that Jase and Holly never procreated.

Posted by tamarama on 07-26-06 at 05:41 PM
>>I remain v. relieved that Jase and Holly never procreated.<<

Aw carp -- now I'm going to have nightmares!!

I'll confess that week one I held a little bit of hope that Jase may actually play this season, but that went right out the window before the first eviction happened. He 'played' for about 2 1/2 days.

Even though I'm not surprised that he's still stupid, I was still amazed at the depth of that stupidity.

Not realizing Kaysar & Janelle are close? Choosing Marcellus as his tantrum-target? He's incredibly dense.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-27-06 at 07:44 PM
I always wondered why is Jase an all-stars?? He was not a popular houseguest with his castmates or the audience. And, he was voted out pretty early. Jase didn't even make it to the sequester house in his season.

He's a jerk and I'm glad to see him gone.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 07-26-06 at 06:01 PM
Exactly, HD.

Two elements must be present in order to be officially considered "backdoored"...

One, there must be intent by the HoH nominate and evict the "target".

Two, the target must not get a chance to play in veto and possibly take themselves off the block.

Neither of those two elements were present in Jase's case. But he's trying to get people to feel sorry for him. Fat.Chance.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-26-06 at 07:21 PM
Crying and whining that he got backdoored is a typical juvenile way for Jase to cover up his bonehead move in the Veto comp. If he really was that concerned about getting backdoored, he'd be bald and eating slop right now. Kaysar had absolutely no worries about getting put up this week and he gave up next week's veto, shaved his head, and agreed to slop. If Jase wants to blame someone for his current mess, he needs to look in the mirror...which he does quit a bite.

Jase is a schoolyard bully who is way out of his league this season. I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by samboohoo on 07-27-06 at 09:52 AM
I agree.

Having said that, I do have a small (a very small) amount of sympathy for him. I don't think I would have thrown the tantrum he did, but I certainly wouldn't have been happy about that set of circumstances.

And perhaps I'm factoring in the bullcrap POV competition. He did get caught going back and forth. He is an Aras. And I want him to go, but like I said, I have some sympathy.

It's Arkie Love

Posted by Buggy on 07-27-06 at 10:09 AM
But you are nicer than most people!

Posted by kingfish on 07-27-06 at 03:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-06 AT 03:49 PM (EST)

And, if/when Keysar goes, He will have had the rug pulled out from under him,

OR,

he will have been Rug Doored.

(And, if we're discussing being back-doored..... well, just say I'm looking for a trapdoor)

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 07-28-06 at 02:07 AM
I am so glad that CG won the POV because if Jase would of stuck around another week who knows what would happen to the BB6.

ukrocks got a blog!