URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 903
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jase: Sniffin' that laffy taffy"

Posted by Canada Girl on 07-24-06 at 05:43 PM
This according to George, who obviously doesn't listen to much offensive novelty rap. Definetly the Unintentionally sexually suggestive comment of the week.

Unless you have a contender? Post it, baby.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jase: Sniffin' that laffy taffy"
Posted by Ellehcar71 on 07-24-06 at 06:14 PM
Apparently I don't listen to much offensive novelty rap, either. I don't get it. Nevertheless, I thought that comment from George was hilarious, in an I-have-no-clue-about-pop-culture-references way. Care to enlighten me about the reference, without being too intentionally sexually suggestive?

Posted by Canada Girl on 07-24-06 at 06:26 PM
Well, allow me: here's the definition in the Urban Dictionary (semi-non-PG13ish, maybe more gross that non-PG):
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Laffy+Taffy

There was an absolutely TERRIBLE rap/hiphop song out in the spring that repeated "OH, Shake that Laffy Taffy, that Laffy Taffy" over and over. Apparently in their song referred to the 1st definition, of a woman's buttocks that keeps shaking under its own power after the initial shake.

Hence my laughter at Howie using that as a description of Jase!

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 07-24-06 at 08:34 PM
The rap song gave "laffy taffy" the definition you associate that phrase with. But the term laffy taffy is a nonsense term that has been used in the English language for many years. There is even candy called laffy taffy. The candy happens to be taffy as in saltwater taffy.

If it wasn't for the rap song reference it would have been completely in character for George to use that phrase. Because it used to be and still is (IMO) a corny expression.

Posted by Canada Girl on 07-24-06 at 09:12 PM
Oh yes, I am aware of the traditional phrase. And the candy - cheap and chewy.

But I do have to disagree slightly on your second point. Unless it's a US term I haven't heard to say a crazy person is "sniffin the laffy taffy". I considered it an amusing twisting of several euphemisms, as is often the case in BB.

Posted by Ellehcar71 on 07-25-06 at 08:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-06 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

Oh! I get it! Thanks for the link. And, yes, the silly part was that he said he was "sniffing" laffy taffy. Surely he was not using the urban dictionary. Prabably meant wacky weed or something.

Here's me question, was that George or Howie saying that? CG said it was George, and that seemed to ring true for me, but later you said it was Howie who said it - and that may be right, since he was the one listening to the jingle. It is more like something George would say, though. Either way, now that I really get it, it's even more hysterical.

I liked Jase's jingle. Thought it was funny that Howie wondered if it was real!

Posted by tamarama on 07-25-06 at 09:26 AM
It was Howie --

and I don't think he would know the 'rap' meaning any more than George would.

At the time, I thought he was going for "laughing gas," but in trying to be funny, came up with a lame joke. Certainly nothing new from our Howie.

I bet if you asked him, he'd only know about the candy.