URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 900
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Nakomis on House calls"

Posted by rockdog on 07-23-06 at 06:01 PM
Did anyone see Nakomis on house calls? She went on and on about how different she was because of her red hair,her tattoos and what a great player she is. Did she ever go to a mall and see hundreds of girls and boys who look just like her? Everyone has tattoos today I see grandmas inked. Tattoos are as common as ear rings on old straight white men. Don't get me wrong, I like her. I just think she feels like she beats to her own drum. To me she is just in the same band we all call life. How could she be a great player if she was the second to go?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Nakomis on House calls"
Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 07-23-06 at 08:14 PM
Nakomis is a great player. She really played the game and had the balls to make some hard decisions to change the game up in her season.

I agree with her she is different. Just like all those kids at the mall who look like her they are different too. She definitely isn't the "same" as Janelle, Ericka, or Allison. She is obviously someone who doesn't care about looks. Most people in America are obsessed with looks. She probably doesn't care much about material things. Most people in America do. She probably doesn't care about dating the most ripped, best looking, coolest, hottest guys. Lot's of women do.

IMHO, she is very different and it was good to see her on the show and to have her do soo well in her season. I was sorry to see her go.

Posted by rockdog on 07-23-06 at 08:54 PM
I like her also. I just never saw her as odd or different. My point was she sounded normal. Odd to me is half to people on Rockstar this year . I probably am just getting used to kids today.

Posted by Just Plain Bill on 07-23-06 at 09:16 PM
>>Nakomis is a great player <snip> She is obviously someone who doesn't care about looks.<<

I agree that Nakomis has a good head on her shoulders as she proved in Season 5. She thinks things thru, makes good assessments, plans well, and makes good efforts at implementing that plan.

That said, I think she cares very much about her 'look' and the image she presents. She's obviously decided she's not the 'conventional' type so she's opted for the specific look she cultivates. Someone who didn't care about looks wouldn't go to the extent she does with the tats and wildly dyed hair.

The professed iconoclasts are as vain as everyone else.

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-23-06 at 10:45 PM
I agree. I liked Nakomis' game. I'm sorry to see her go.

A wonderful Tribe original

Posted by AshLanie on 07-24-06 at 08:39 AM
I didn't see her on housecalls but if she feels she marches to the beat of a different drummer she is wrong...she marches in a very large band.

She is no different than most young adults these days, oh heck, than most people these days who get tattos, piercings, and even dye their hair.

Actually, per documentaries, tattos are all the rage these days which means she is the norm not the exception. It shows she follows what's hip.

A friend of mine, when discussing her, said Nak isn't about appearances/looks and I disagreed with her....it is all about looks.....and getting attention. If it wasn't she wouldn't be so quick to dye her hair as she does and or get tattos and then claim (too much so) that she is different.

Thou dost protest too much?

She gets tattos, Jan gets a boob job......Nak dyes her hair odd colors, Jan dyes her hair blond......imho, Jan and Nak are two peas in a pod.....For them it is all about looks. (The Jan example is just that to show Nak isn't so different as she claims).

I like Nak, but she needed to stop claiming she is so different, that stragety and excuse definitely didn't work for her.

Is she one of the better players? Well, we'll never know cause she is gone. She, imho, pulled a Marcellas to a point, she didn't campaign to stay in the house....she believed Diane when they made a pact not to do that to each other....Marcellas believed Dani in his season that he was safe if he didn't use the pov.

A pure player never believes anyone and lies to everyone, never allows friendship to interfer, and they only look out for themselves.

But we could see her again IF BB has any twists....but think the ones alrdy voted out aren't going to be given a chance to re-enter rather those not voted in (the six *locked* out) will be given that chance.