URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 898
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Friday Night Lights - Final Season: DirecTV Spoiler Thread"

Posted by samboohoo on 10-27-10 at 09:30 AM
Sorry Max. I know you won't be watching until January, but I'm just so excited it starts tonight. Hopefully I can get home in time to see it.

Heck, I may be the only person here until January.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Friday Night Lights - Final Season: DirecTV Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Max Headroom on 10-27-10 at 09:37 AM
*covers eyes and bolts out of thread*

Posted by KwietOne on 10-28-10 at 02:02 AM
Woohoo...thank you DIRECTV.

Posted by emydi on 10-28-10 at 01:35 PM
I'm here! I just watched it online on my lunch break

God I love this show

Poor Tim

Landry's a hoot!

I still don't like Becky I like the new kid Hastings

I loved the interplay between Julie and her parents saying goodbye

All Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

Posted by samboohoo on 10-29-10 at 04:47 PM
And I only got to watch half so far. Darn storms.

I am wondering what we will see of Tim this season. I noticed he is now just a "special guest star." That makes me sad. In the one scene I saw with Billy, I felt like Tim was already harder for being in prison. Part of me doesn't want to think about what he's gone through there. I mean, it's prison.

LOL at Billy with his quote at the practice.

I'll be back when I'm done watching.

Posted by samboohoo on 10-30-10 at 09:10 PM
Julie looked she really could be Tami's daughter this week. That was kind of weird to me. What parents don't drive their kid to college for the first time? And what was with Julie and Landry drinking and driving? At least it was assumed they were.

I too like Hastings and dislike Becky. And how the heck is that going to work: Becky living with Billy and Mindy? Billy seems to have found God. LOL.

Loved Grandma Saracin saying goodbye to Landry. He had to come see his girlfriend. That was awesome.

Posted by thndrkttn on 10-28-10 at 03:08 PM
Did Tim go to jail?

Posted by emydi on 10-28-10 at 04:33 PM
prison

he gets out in 3 mos if he stays on good behavior

Billy is a changed man...comes to see Tim often

"Episode 2"
Posted by samboohoo on 11-08-10 at 04:16 PM
Did Buddy buy the BBQ shack? Not sure I understood that.

Last year Jess was a cheerleader. This year, she's not. I wonder if that's because she's so busy with her brothers.

I miss all of the old characters.

Didn't see Wade Aikman at the Panters' practice. Is he gone? Did Mack take over.

Mac & Cheese sounds like a good breakfast.

I like Luke & Becky. A lot more than Tim & Becky. Hopefully things will go that way.

"Ep 3"
Posted by emydi on 11-12-10 at 12:26 PM
Great episode

Vince is great

Tammy and Eric are great

Buddy is great

Julie with TA yawn

"RE: Ep 3"
Posted by samboohoo on 11-13-10 at 11:55 AM
Agree. Where do we even start with this one?

I really wassn't sure how I would feel about Vince last year when he was introduced, but they have done a really good job with him and his character. The scene in Eric's office was so raw. I loved it. And then with his father as he was packing his things. I kept thinking he was going to go after him, and he didn't, and I'm happy he didn't.

Tammy and Eric are great. Loved Tammy giving that girl perspective about the brooms, and the mops, and the rats. My only concern with this is that she unrealisiticly reforms too many girls: Epic and now the red head. Who else?

Eric's character is such a great mix. He can be so strong and tough and yet so compassionate. I love love love his character.

Agree about Buddy. I can't wait to see what happens with Buddy Jr. coming back home. And LOL about him saying Buddy Jr. probably got the weed from Pam's new hubby.

I don't like the Julie story at all. Have you noticed we see her talking to no one, interacting with no one except for this guy? So here we have the one story of Eric and Tammy back home trying to mold and shape and influence these kids, and the other story of their daughter away at college sleeping with a married man. I don't like it at all. Plus, I really don't see any chemistry between the two at all.

"Episode 4"
Posted by samboohoo on 11-22-10 at 03:53 PM
Loved watching little Stephen looking at Mindy doing her workout video. Mindy has had some funny ines the past two weeks, especially the one about the fox in her hen house. For a minute, I thought he was going to teach dance moves to Becky. LMAO at Billy and Mindy ebing her role models.

As much as I love Tammy & Eric, I still don't kow hwo I feel about them saving everyone. Not sure.I like Tammy's scenes with Epic, but there is no connection there for me.

I hate the Julie storyline. I really wish they had written her off to a great school somewhere. Can't wait for next week when the guy's wife appears.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-22-10 at 05:22 PM
*streaks through thread without reading anyone's posts*

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!

"Episode 5"
Posted by samboohoo on 12-06-10 at 02:05 PM
Emy: Have you watched yet?

Interesting episode.

That's a long way to go for a road trip. I loved it when the goofy coach blew his whistle to wake the guys up. Also loved Billy working on the bus, "We're men. We don't call ask for directions, and we don't call Triple A."

I am hoping Julie is home for good and done with the TA. I really hated that storyline. Although based on the previews, it looks like she spills to at least Tammy, and Eric rips her a new one. Good.

Buddy Jr. looks a lot like Buddy.

There was one scene that wasn't so "natural" to me, and that was the scene on the balconies with Luke, Vince, Tinker and the new guy. It actually sounded scripted, and I didn't like that.

Vince and his dad. I'm having a hard time with this one. Are we going the predictible route where dad ends up saving Vince since that guy comes looking for his money? I liked it better when Vince was angry at his dad and not forgiving him. Sometimes that is reality.

"RE: Episode 5"
Posted by emydi on 12-06-10 at 02:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-10 AT 02:57 PM (EST)

I watched it. I liked this one a lot except for the Julie story. Do you really think a woman that age would go into a freshman dorm like that...no way. But I think Julie going home was exactly on point. I don't see the previews online but I'm glad dad tells her it wasn't ok

What I think will happen is Vince's dad tries to get perks from the colleges ala Reggie Bush, etc.

I didn't like the branding of the kids really weird.

Oh. I forgot, my fave line....Eric: "what are you wearing!"

Posted by samboohoo on 12-07-10 at 12:14 PM
I forgot that as well. I loved that whole scene - Eric "cheating" at cards, all of them drunk, and then his conversation with Tammy. Such realness there.

I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting. What is your take on this "friendship between Tammy and that other teacher? I mean she basically hated her until that little Happy Hour and then, Viola, they're best buds? I don't get it.

Posted by emydi on 12-10-10 at 12:05 PM
I think it's just to show Tammy's progress at the new school, her methods are starting to work

"Episode 6 Swerve"
Posted by emydi on 12-10-10 at 12:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-10 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

Great episode.

Billy and Mindy are great. I can't wait to see Tim.

So much on Eric this week with Luke and Julie and almost Vince. I think his dad is in real trouble with that guy ultimately. he will try to kill him imho and may succeed

Although I didn't like the Julie story I liked how they handled Tammy's and Eric's response to it.

eta: Who is that woman that made the pie...does she just work at the BBQ and is helping with the boys? I wish Eugene (from the Practice) would come back I love the actor!

"RE: Episode 6 Swerve"
Posted by samboohoo on 12-12-10 at 01:21 PM
Wow. So much going on.

This season has been great.

Love Billy & Mindy. LMAO at Billy sitting on that toilet in the backyard. I thought at one time there was a pool there - way back in Season 1 when their dad came home. I guess Mindy doesn't know about Becky's abortion? How could she not know. The whole freaking town knows because of Luke's mom suing Tami. Interesting. Also Mindy dancing again, and the baby is there.

I agree with you about Vince's dad. I think someone will be hurt. It's definitely not over and not settled. I wonder if dad will be the one who dies. He and Vince really seem to be finding peace with one another.

The Julie story. *sighs* I agree with you about the way they are handling it. Eric wanting to go kick the guy's arse. Eric knowing she wrecked the car on purpose - after having said, "that dog will get its day." Eric carrying Julie down the hall. I thought he was going to put her in that car. I love little Gracie. So cute. And the dynanics with Eric and Gracie and Eric with Julie.

I thought the pie lady was Jess's aunt? I remember last year when she came was at the house when Landry gave Jess the bike. I thought Jess referred to her as her aunt. And then there was something mentioned about her when Jess brought the pie to Vince's mom at the rehad center. Not sure, but I think that's it.

Looks like we get Jason next week. I read that a bunch (if not all) of the original cast will be back this season at some point. Can't wait to see Tim. I wonder if Jason will go see Tim in prison. What about Lyla? Hope Tyra comes back too.

"Episode 7"
Posted by samboohoo on 12-21-10 at 11:28 AM
Welcome Home Jason Street! Even if only for a little while. I love how he met with Coach, had lunch with him, talked game with him, came to his practice, etc., but still was loyal to his Panther Blue. As it should have been. In spite of everything, Jason was a Panther. It is as it should have been.

Loved watching Buddy and the crew camping out on the Lions' field. And while I loved that they whipped them, I agree with the other coach that that's not how they play.

What happened to Wade Aikman? To J. D.? Hopefully we will get a little bit of closure in that respect. Mac should be coach of the Panthers, but we need answers.

Billy needs to stick to football coaching and not relationship coaching. And he might need a bigger blender. LOL!

I am wondering where the Vince storyline will go. I can certainly appreciate more with each week why Vince is giving him another chance. As mature as Vince has bad to be, he is still a kid. Tough story because I really don't want to like Vince's dad. And I guess I really don't. If anything bad has to happen here, let it happen to him.

How did Tami restrain herself so well when she ran into the TA. Wow. I can't wait for next week when Eric goes after him full throttle. Can't wait.

Eric is presented again with coaching college. What will he do this time? I would like to see him stay, but I wonder if he really is destined for bigger and better things. I think what happens with the Vince story will be the deciding factor for what happens with his decision.

"Ep 8"
Posted by emydi on 01-07-11 at 11:36 AM
Yay! Even though I knew he was coming back I still squealed!!

"RE: Ep 8"
Posted by samboohoo on 01-09-11 at 01:38 PM
I knew he would be back at some point, I didn't realize it would be now. I was completely surprised. Pleasantly, but completely surprised. I cursed her when she turned that car around and thought, "How can you be so stupid." Does this now mean the TA is gone? I hope so. I didn't like him at all. And I was LMAO at Eric chasing him out the door and waving that tricyle handle at him.

Epic: What is her deal? Why did she lie to Tami? Or is there really something going on at the house that we haven't seen yet? Interesting.

Becky/Luke/Mindy: So of course I cringed when I saw them in bed. I'm glad they didn't do it. LOL at Mindy's crew at the strip club and at the pageant. Mindy's abs look good!! And I can't wait for next week when Luke introduces Becky to his parents - again.

The football story is coming to a head. Can't wait to see what happens. I am still rooting for that bad guy to come back and get Vince's dad. I know that's bad, but I don't like him.

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-07-11 at 04:01 PM
*moons Boo*

How's the season so far? Should I be looking forward to watching it?

Posted by samboohoo on 01-07-11 at 04:35 PM
Of course you should. I mean Wednesday night when Eric . . .

"Episode 9"
Posted by samboohoo on 01-15-11 at 04:49 PM
Getting nervous, especially if there are only 13 for the season. *sigh*

I saw on the guide that Billy would receive news from Mindy. I suspected it was pregnancy and knew it when she didn't feel well. Just when she had gotten her body back. Poor Minday.

I don't like Becky in the strip club. I really hope she doesn't become a dancer.

I think I like Becky and Luke. And yes, (as Mindy says), he is smoking hot. I loved Luke's mom's reaction to all of it.

Epic. Is this it for her? I think this could have been a better story if the season had 22 episodes. I'm not sure what really happened. We have seen her lie and tell the truth. Did she really steal the money or was she set up? I don't like that other teacher, I don't like her. I believe Epic when Epic said the teacher didn't like her. How sad that it ended that way.

Vince and Jess. Good for Jess for standing up to him. That was awesome. And I was also very proud of his mother. She really has become such a strong woman. I love that he went to her to talk about Coach.

Julie and Matt. I'm glad he "kicked her out." I hope she's really going to school this time. And I was asking the same thing Matt was about if her parents knew where she was. I still can't believe they just let her drive herself to college for the 3rd time - if you count the time she hit the mailbox.

"RE: Episode 9"
Posted by emydi on 01-18-11 at 11:19 AM
This was my least fave of season but it was still great

I think they need 30 eps and a few more seasons!

"Episode 11"
Posted by samboohoo on 01-28-11 at 10:25 AM
I think our numbering is off somewhere because the previews indicate on 2 left. Ack!

This was a somewhat powerful ep IMO. Lots going on:

Tim has changed. He is hard and angry, and I can't say that I really blame him, but I worry about what is going to happen to him - especially with the drinking. I could understand one beer when he got hom, but it's going and going and going. Him yelling at Billy about his pregnant wife waiting tables, his baby being fed a bottle by strippers and Becky waitressing. to which Billy replied, "I'm okay with it." Yikes! Okay so he went back to the streamliner. We know Becky's mom is gone, but isn't her dad there? He and Tim had conflict before.

Vince: I would love nothing more than to see his dad gone. I think the only reason I liked him being around is because he was such a badass to that thug. What happens if he's gone? But he is no good for that family. I'm glad Regina went to a meeting. I love her and Vince.

Jess: Love her. Pest!

Tami/Eric: So this whole story came out of nowhere. I do like when they have conflict - real conflice, which this is. But I don't like it. At this point I am torn. Yes, she should be able to take the job, and I'm sure Eric would absolutely support her, but I think the timing is all wrong. And it's Philly. No way could they survive that kind of long distance. Plus, I don't really think at this point in Julie's life is it good for her to be that far away from her parents.

The school money thing. This too has been interesting. There was no money when it was one school, which made them open up East Dillon where they would get money, and now there's no money again. I don't see a merger working.

"RE: Episode 11"
Posted by emydi on 01-28-11 at 02:48 PM
We missed the "Don't Go" episode with Coach staying in Dillon instead of taking the Fla college job. Is this still available? what if Coach's job is eliminated? So Fla or Philly. (I like Braemore instead of Bryn Mawr).

I liked this episode too. Poor Tim. He'll come through though.

"FINALE - CONTAINS SPOILERS - DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW"
Posted by samboohoo on 02-10-11 at 10:46 AM
*sobbing*

I think it's just you and me Emy. I haven't watched it all yet. I couldn't bring myself to actually sit down and watch the whole thing yet.

I know how it ends. I tuned it to see that. I predicted they would win State back last year when he went to East Dillon. It had to end that way. And when they beat the Panthers last year, that cemented a State win for me.

I loved the ending. I loved everythign they did with the ending - pass leaves Vince's hands in State and ends up at Eric's new school in PA.

But, as of right now, I don't think I like them being in Philly. I'm not convinced that they are East Coast people. He looked to be coaching high school ball again. I wonder if that's the case. I think he's a great high school coach. Maybe that is his true calling. What the heck is Buddy going to do now?

Looked like Crowley is the head coach at Dillon. After what they did to Eric in Season 3, I'm glad he didn't go back. He even said it last ep. So while I hate them being on the East Coast, I'm glad he didn't go back.

Don't know yet what happened to Mack.

I think I noticed the ring on Vince's finger first.

Oh, and Luke. That was an unexpected ending for me. Not sure I like that either.

"RE: FINALE - CONTAINS SPOILERS - DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW"
Posted by emydi on 02-10-11 at 02:29 PM
I just finished watching

OMH I was sobbing from Santa Claus until the end.

For me, it doesn't matter where they are, Eric and Tammy going home together at end was great.

The ending was so poignant.

I really liked how Becky's character came around. I loved that Julie and Matt got engaged. The dinner was really intense.

I had to go back after it was over and watch the ending again to see the ring. I saw the banner first. I wonder who caught the ball...

"RE: FINALE - CONTAINS SPOILERS - DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW"
Posted by samboohoo on 02-10-11 at 04:11 PM
LOL. I wonder too. It was funny because we wree sitting there watching, and all of the finales before were flashing through my head. And I said to my husband, "Oh no, what if we get a Sopranos ending. We can't get a Sopranos ending." So when the ending flipped, I didn't quite get it for a second. And I was thinking, "They've got to tell us who won State. They had to win State."

Then I saw the ring. And I said, "Vince had a ring on, didn't he?" My husband asked if they give rings for high school football championships, and I said, "I'msure they do in Texas."

Texas forever, Emy, Texas forever!

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-08-11 at 11:09 PM
*not looking*
*not looking*
*not looking*

Any of you DirecTV peeps heard when the NBC re-broadcasts will start?

Posted by Puffy on 03-11-11 at 02:06 AM
Season 5 will start airing on NBC on April 15 and finish the 13 episodes in July.

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-11-11 at 08:48 AM
Thanks!

"Two more days to wait."
Posted by Max Headroom on 04-13-11 at 10:09 AM
Wheeeeeeee!

"Emmys for final show"
Posted by emydi on 09-19-11 at 03:10 PM
YAY Kyle Chandler Lead Actor and Jason Katims for writing Always

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

"RE: Emmys for final show"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-19-11 at 07:03 PM