URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 896
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"David Cook's Brother dies"

Posted by Snidget on 05-03-09 at 01:58 PM
RIP Adam

Adam Cook died early this morning after a decade-long battle with brain cancer.

David Cook announced the sad news this morning after he finished a 5K in the Race for Hope in Washington DC.

http://mjsbigblog.com/david-cooks-brother-adam-cook-succumbs-to-cancer.htm

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: David Cook's Brother dies"
Posted by Belle Book on 05-03-09 at 03:45 PM
Aw, that's really sad. My best wishes go out to David Cook and his family.

Belle Book

Posted by mtb002 on 05-03-09 at 07:46 PM
It's hard to find something appropriate to say when a young person dies. I hope the family gets the time and privacy they need to grieve.

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-03-09 at 09:03 PM
So sad. David had canceled a couple of shows on his tour to "take care of personal family matters". I have read that he was spending time with his brother. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family.

Posted by Glow on 05-04-09 at 07:18 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.

RIP Adam.

Posted by dragonflies on 05-04-09 at 12:04 PM
I saw that on Twitter as well yesterday. What a good guy, he still does the run and speaks the day his brother dies.

RIP Adam.

Posted by zazzy on 05-04-09 at 12:59 PM
How hard to have such a personal family matter when you are an AI celeb; I hope fans give David and his family the space and time to grieve.

So sorry to hear about Adam Cook. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Cook family.

Posted by mindy23 on 05-22-09 at 09:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-09 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

David, I doubt you will ever see this, but I want you to know you have made THIS Idol fan and millions of others so proud!

You are such an amazing young man, so talented, so sweet, and now your strength is shining like no one could imagine.

The song you wrote and performed for your loving brother, the one whose initials are on your guitar, the one who badgered you into getting into these auditions in the first place, was breath-taking. I don't think any person who heard that was not touched on some level.

And you will continue touching people with your gift of talent, love, and the money you are contributing in Andrew's name. As a friend and relative of cancer survivors, and those who were not, I want to salute you, and send you and your family the very best that God has for you. You are a true American Idol.

Please give yourself some time to grieve, in your own way. God bless!!! Many soft, gentle hugs.

ETA: to correct a few errors.