URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 895
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"simon"

Posted by innyann on 04-21-09 at 04:50 AM
I ENJOY LISTEN TO SIMONS COMMENTS ABOUT THE CONTESTANTS HE SAYS IT HOW HE SEES IT. AND IT IS REALLY NICE FOR SOMEONE TO SPEAK THEIR MIND NOWADAYS. IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM I COULDN'T GUARANTEE ID WATCH AI. AS FOR THERE BEING 4 JUDGES YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO 3. OR PICK SOMEONE ELSE.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: simon"
Posted by mindy23 on 04-22-09 at 10:06 AM
Welcome, Innyann. Most people get offended when they read a post in all caps. They feel they are being yelled at-just so ya know. Don't want you to get called out on it.

Anyway, yes, I mostly agree with Simon, too. Sometimes his tactics are harsh, but with the exception of Megan this season, I have mostly always agreed with Simon. He seems the most knowledgable about who is marketable, talented, personable, etc. He picked Carrie Underwood just as she auditioned, had that 'feeling' about Kelly Clarkson, and a few others who have done well. Even Chris Daughtry, and Clay Aiken were chosen by him to do well, and they have.

I think the other judges utilize more personal emotions and go with personalities of the contestants more than pure talent, at times. This year seems to be a bit different (again, I never got the Megan love stuff!). They seem to be more on the same page, and even Paula, who usually never criticizes, has done that more this season.

And I do agree that bringing Kara on has added nothing but overtime. My DVR can't handle it, and I get very frustrated at not being able to hear the last singer!