URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 893
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Detroit 1-8-7"

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-28-10 at 01:47 PM
I don't normally watch cop shows.

And I am hooked.

That having been said, there's virtually nothing Detroit about the show except the stock skyline footage and the badges. According to the carpers from the Motor City, they use a Los Angeles homicide code, L.A. actors who speak like they're from either L.A. or NYC, and the kicker - the actual shooting took place, by and large, in Atlanta. And all the stock skyline footage of Detroit? That's downtown - which is pretty much another planet from the rest of the city.

That said, the first episode was a solid B until the last few minutes - did not see that coming...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Detroit 1-8-7"
Posted by Max Headroom on 09-28-10 at 02:11 PM
*head tilt* I thought the show was filmed in Detroit?

DW and I liked it too. Unlike most of this season's new offerings, Detroit 1-8-7 made it onto the TiVo season pass list.

Posted by Loree on 10-09-10 at 10:51 AM
I saw Michael I. on a talk show and he was talking about filming in Detroit. He said they were the first TV series to actually film right in Detroit. He said people are not used to it and follow them around.

Posted by zombiebaby on 09-30-10 at 07:50 PM
I HATE cop shows. Really, can't stand them. But this show is great. I tuned in because I just love Micheal Impereoli. I don't find him attractive but I just think he is one of the best character actors there are.

I love the style and the story telling. Love the characters too. Perhaps the most important part. I adore character driven shows.

You've been hotpocketed!

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-12-10 at 07:53 AM
Still watching. And it's still good.