URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8885
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S37|Ep 9|Breadth-1st Search|East Coast Update Thread"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 08:58 PM
Please place all discussion re: tonights episode in this thread, you know the drill!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Previously On Survivor....."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 09:13 PM
John got blindsided, along with all of us!

Carl and Nick had 2 advantages....and while Alec and Alison had a bond with the Davids it didn't stop them from sticking with the G's, at TC Davie played his idol, which frightened Angelina....but the davids had a different target, sending John to the jury....11 left, who's next...

Night 22: see a snake

they arrive back at camp

Davie: it's season 37, i feel that the game has evolved enough that we can respect the game without taking it personally

dAvie has confessional: I took at the mayor of slam town, let's go....he puts on his jacket, let's go

Alec, Alison and Kara talking, if there is a secret advantage and we missed the boat, all of us picked off, for 2 votes I have told Christian and Gabby that I would vote out with them, and I didn't

Alison has confessional: my head going a million miles a minute, we have been promising them for 2 votes, if we don't do it now...

Alec: numbers advantage with G, we've been G strongg for too long

Alec and Alison I think want to flip...

Dan is isolated by himself
Dan: TC everything upside down, played idol on wrong person....Kara goes with Alison and Alec, I am taken for granted but now, doesn't feel like that after the vote

Dan tells Kara that he's made a sacrifice for the tribe and he's not in the group

Kara in conf: dan is coming loose at the seems, he's emotional and letting game get to him, at this point, Dan feels he's bringing me down and

Kara says that he had a feeling this day would come, this day sucks, crying , it sucks, it has to be done I have to separate myself from him if I am going to win this game...

Day 23, RC

go through obstacles, get tiles, do snake puzzle, win reward, Burgers for the Bula Burger bar...teams of 5, one will be left out....random draw, one of you not be on a team and no shot at reward...

Teams: Purple: angelina, christian, Gabby, Nick, Alison
Orange: Alec, Mike, Davie, Kara, Dan

Carl feels like on exile

get everyone over the obstacles, then climb to get the bag, untie tiles, Alec has it first, now under the net...purple taking long time, early lead for orange, Christian and mike...solve combination...Alison is reporting what it is not working for Mike..., Mike has it, Alison had stand orange has it, and now purple has it....orange in on puzzle, Christian and Alison for purple, Alec and Kara for orange

Neck and neck...Orange wins! Alec and Kara win....Christian and Alison lost....

Dan, Kara, Mike, Davie, Alec win

Gabby: this whole game I have wanted to work with Alison, this whole game I have wanted to work with her this is a great time to see if she will come with the davids, come to the good side!

"RE: Previously On Survivor....."
Posted by Sheldor on 11-21-18 at 09:24 PM
Wow I was so sure Purple with Christian/Alison working the snake puzzle would win!

Interesting how the random draw put 4 Goliaths + Davie on Orange and all of the Davids on Purple except for Davie and Carl (sitting out) + 2 Goliaths (Angelina/Alison)

"Orange wins Reward...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 09:20 PM
Day 23....they come back to camp, they wish the winners well

Angelina: we lost the RC today and it hit me like a ton of bricks, crying, feels like you are being hit by a thousand waves at once

See Gabby and Alison talking in the shelter....Alison tells her they are thinking of switching.
Gabby: I have a relationship with Alison which could flip this game and get us out of the minority...Gabby tells her that getting out Angelina would not be a big move, but taking out Dan would be

Alison: I have been torn between sticking G strong or making a big move like taking out Dan

Cut to burger bar

They order it

Mike: 2 things can happen on reward, get the food, good time to talk strategy, I was trying to rally the troops, trying to keep the Gs together is like herding cats

Mike says I know we all hate each other but lets stick together

Kara: let's stay G strong, Kara says that Dan is a liability for my game I need to get him out

see Christian in water

Kara talking to Alison and Alec...Iwant us three to make the move, I want to get Dan out, I need them to know that I am with them, I want to share something with you, Dan has another idol

Alec says Dan is a threat but he's the least strategic, got to learn to keep his mouth shut...

Alison: taking out Dan will bust this game out wide open, majority rules, will it at the next TC, I do not know?

So Kara wants to lead the pack to gt Dan out, despite Mike trying to keep them altogether.

"Post RC...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 09:32 PM
Wow, Dan could be toast tonight? Hmmmm?

Day 24, at night, see Davie get up...
Davie: historically in the game of S and an idol gets played one will get rebidden. So us Davids got a game plan to see if we can find a new idol and see them all get up....Christian is talking there e is an idol around here someplace. At breakfast time everyone calls it quits, but I wasn't done yet, this island is pretty big, I call it breadth first search, I break down the area in sectors, water is section 1, section 3 on way back to camp....spending not too much time in any one, looks around and it's RIGHT there, he first misses it, then sees blue yarn, that doesn't occur naturally, it's an idol....at some point I will tell the davids about the idol, I will need their help now and I think forever! YAY!

Cut to IC...

race to retrieve ball balance on disc, cross beam, maneuver them through a track, first to land all 3 balls, win! See Alec, see Christian and Carl, and Alison....hmmmm?

Alec leapt over the entire high step....3 balls total....Davie drops and has to go back, Alec doing well...Dan doing well, once agin alec leaps over the high step....Alec in lead, and DanDan back with second ball...Dan in lead, then alec...sprinting through this....Christian drops has to go back...DAn out first working on track, and Alec is too, land this first ball, land all three balls to win, Dan lands first ball, Alec lands his first ball
Kara starting on track, Kara, Carl, and Angelina can start on track, carl landed first ball, Angelina has one ball...Alec lands his second ball....Alec wins the IC! He was awesome!

See Dan

Third G in a row to win IC...sadly one will go home, see Dan, then see Alison, then see Christian

Dan has confessional: we need to cut the head off the snake and right now it looks like Christian is the head....

"Who will it be??? Post IC drama...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 09:42 PM
Day 25....they return...Kara; going into Tribal it's hard for me to wrap my head around what I have to do, I care about him, I have to move myself forward, and knowing about Dan's idol, we might have to split votes

Kara and Alison and Gabby and NIck...Kara wants them to split votes...she is nervous there is an idol in play, Gabby is okay with it....Alison is thinking, she's been so busy trying to do something, didn't realize that I just need to do nothing and stay strong....

Alison says that I need to stay firm, Alec says we need to take Christian out

Alec: we still have 6/5 advantage, who can I trust, but right now we need to stay G strong and take out Christian...
Alison tells Kara it has to be Christian,
Kara says this could be an absolute disaster, I want to write Dan's name down, but it will be impossible without blowing my game...

Christian and Nick talking, what are they thinking....
Nick: I am noticing the beach is segregated....They are still Goliaths...Nick wishes he could do a cross tribal alliance but they are lying to my face again

See the Davids on the beach, nick tells them about the steal a vote, and Christian tells them he found the idol, and Carl tells them about the idol nullifier...we have three advantages

crhsitan: the stakes are so high, some of the G's have told us they are on board, but we are weighing it..., they talk about stealing a vote

Christian talks about the 3 advantages, and Carl's nullifier question is what do we play and when in this game you never know what can go wrong and we can't screw up this vote!

"So..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 09:43 PM
Kara wants Dan out and wants to enlist Alison and Alec to do it with her. They discuss splitting votes with Gabby and Nick. But, later Alison realizes that she wants to stay G strong and so does Alec. Those two agree it needs to be Christian. They tell Kara who is flabbergasted and doesn't know what to do now.

Davids reveal all of their advantages to each other, but realize they all need to be played perfectly to work.

Diddn't discuss who they would be voting for.

"TC...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 09:59 PM
Night 25, TC....

They arrive, see a big beetle....see Dan, then Gabby, then Nick
Jury: Elizabeth and John

Alison: last TC was a shocker for alot of you, alison says it was her wake up call...
Gabby: a little sense of joy with someone else suffering? not joy but relief that the G's got a taste of what it means to not be on top
Christian says that the game can quickly shift
DAn: is war back on Ds vs Gs...would rather work with the enemy I know, the ones you have built relationships with
Mike : nobody wants to be the first person from a tribe to flip and to ruin everyone in the tribes chance to win
Alec: your trust falls with those people and you want to trust and make alliances with others
Gabby says one of you is at the bottom of the G's, let us help you....
Carl: this is S, things change
Christian: who is more sincere wanting to work across tribal lines?
Nick says we were supposed to work together, but wnen it was time to vote a g out, things changed
Carl says we have to trust you
Alec: says who do I get good vibes from

Nick: says we had a chance, we want to play with these people, but they don't, so what we can do, bust it wide open
Christian: the game is like an old car, will it start...if it doesn't start, let's do it again, will the tribe turn over when we start the car tonight
Carl says one of the G's will switch over and we take over the vote, or not, it is time to vote
Nick says he wants to pull something out of his pocket, it's a secret advantage, steal a vote, the player will not vote, and you will cast another vote. Nick gets 2 votes.
Who's vote will you steal? She will take Alison's vote
Alison: didn't expect that, I want to play that game and I am deprived of this opportunity

See Alison and Kara and Alec all nodding in agreement to each other

Angelina votes: I have no idea what is going to happen tonight
Dan asking Kara: Do I play my idol for Alison tonight? Kara tells him something but I don't know what she said.

Kara takes a deep breath before she votes

Carl is last voter

See Kara, see Alison, see Christian

Dan has an idol and he's playing it...Dan plays the idol for himself

And this, is the idol nullifier....Carl played it

Blocks the power of an idol and it was played against Dan...Any vote cast against Dan will count

See Carl laughing

Christian
Christian
Christian
Angelina
Angelina
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan

Dan is OUT....Carl holds up the paper for the nullifier

Kara: Oh my God...

Jiffy: back even , five davids 5 G's, question is have the lines finally blurred.

Wow! I have to wonder if Kara told the Davids that Dan had another idol....? someone most likely did...

"Vote"
Posted by michel2 on 11-21-18 at 10:06 PM
We weren't even close...

"RE: TC...."
Posted by Sheldor on 11-21-18 at 10:07 PM
"Wow! I have to wonder if Kara told the Davids that Dan had another idol....? someone most likely did..."

Maybe but really they didn't need to know. If they play both Steal A Vote and Nullifier on Dan then 100% Dan is going home either Holding an Idol or Playing an Idol for himself.

To me it would have been tempting to try to hang on to the Nullfier and instead vote for someone least likely to have or to be given an Idol (hence my vote for Kara) but a sure thing was probably too tempting.

"RE: TC...."
Posted by michel2 on 11-21-18 at 10:11 PM
When Kara talked to the Davids about her split vote plan she didn't outright say that Dan had an idol but she said that he very well could.

Since all idols and advantages are basically hidden with similar indicators this season then someone who already found an idol has an advantage in finding a second. Also, they all knew that Dan switched to the new Tiva tribe at the swap so it wasn't hard to figure out.

"Dang..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 10:39 PM
I'm with you, Sheldor. I considered Dan from the git go, but I figured that they would want to keep the nullifier for later, and I didn't think that Kara would intentionally target Dan.

Ugh!

"Next time on Survivor....."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-21-18 at 10:05 PM
Jiffy: When you've been betrayed
Alison to Angelina: your name was written as a contingency plan
Angelina in confessional: the goliath's don't know how vicious I can be
Hell has not fury
Carl to Gabby: you are too emotional
Gabby crying to Christian: What's he, the freaking God father?
Christian in conf: Carl and Gabby are on a collision course

Gabby voted Dan, all of the D's voted Dan
Kara voted Angelina
Alec voted Angelina

"RE: Next time on Survivor....."
Posted by michel2 on 11-21-18 at 10:08 PM
Yes, we saw Alison calling an audible after Nick stole her vote. She thought the Davids were putting some votes against her since they stole her vote so she was counting on extra Dan votes in case of split votes.

"RE: Next time on Survivor....."
Posted by Sheldor on 11-21-18 at 10:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-18 AT 10:40 PM (EST)

Votes

Carl      -> Dan
Christian -> Dan
Davie -> Dan
Gabby -> Dan
Nick -> Dan & Dan

Angelina -> Christian
Dan -> Christian
Mike -> Christian

Alec -> Angelina
Kara -> Angelina

Alison -> NO VOTE

"OFG Theory...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-22-18 at 10:53 AM
Angelina
Alison
Alec
Carl
Gabby
Christian

Some thoughts:

Looks like Davie could be safe next week

And, this may be premature but its beginning to look, at least to me, that Angelina may be the last Goliath standing?

Thoughts right after the show and with the preview promo, I feel that Alec and Alison could be the most at risk for next week, wouldn't that be something if they BOTH left, it's going to be a double header!

"RE: OFG Theory...."
Posted by Sheldor on 11-22-18 at 04:21 PM
Thanks.

I assume OFG Theory this week only works for the first of the 2 part Episode. We typically don't get any info for the 2nd Episode except for the rare case where they give us both Episode Titles and then the Episode numbering gets confusing.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-22-18 at 04:33 PM
NTOS

Solo: Angelina
Solo: Alec
Solo: Alison
Solo: Angelina (confessional)
Solo: Carl
Group: Carl Christian, Gabby, Nick
Solo: Gabby
Solo: Gabby (confessional)
Group: Gabby, Christian
Solo: Carl

Sorted by Solo followed by Group

4 (4 Solo, 0 Group) Angelina
6 (2 Solo, 4 Group) Gabby
3 (2 Solo, 1 Group) Carl
1 (1 Solo, 0 Group) Alec
1 (1 Solo, 0 Group) Alison
4 (0 Solo, 4 Group) Christian
1 (0 Solo, 1 Group) Nick

Note: Nick is in that 1 Group shot of Carl, Christian, Gabby and Nick (Davie is not there)

Posted by michel2 on 11-22-18 at 06:10 PM
i]"...its beginning to look, at least to me, that Angelina may be the last Goliath standing?"

I'm not so sure. The tribes are evenly divided 5-5 but the Davids are solid so they could easily get one or two of Alec, Alison or Kara to vote against Angelina. Angelina needs to work it hard and fast as soon as they get back to camp to tell the Davids that she's ready to vote out all the Goliaths that were ready to see her go.

If Angelina survives the next boot then yes, I would agree with you that she could be the last one standing.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-23-18 at 09:57 PM
Angelina needs to work it hard and fast as soon as they get back to camp to tell the Davids that she's ready to vote out all the Goliaths that were ready to see her go.

And, in the next promos we have Angelina admitting that the Goliaths don't know how vicious she can be, and then we have these shots....

Angelina hanging with the Davids....hmmmm?

It's just week after week and she's a boot decoy, clearly she's on the bottom of everyone's list. That's how I have to consider that she would be the last choice to boot per the Davids perspective....?

Posted by michel2 on 11-24-18 at 03:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-18 AT 03:31 AM (EST)

FP wrote:

"It's just week after week and she's a boot decoy, clearly she's on the bottom of everyone's list. That's how I have to consider that she would be the last choice to boot per the Davids perspective....?"

On this I agree with you but the problem is that the tribes are now 5-5 so if the Goliaths are ready to let her go, the Davids would be wise to follow suit and gain the advantage.

On the other hand, if Angelina can gain the trust of the David tribe then yes, she could get all the other Goliaths out of there. I think I'm in a minority of viewers that actually like Angelina; I think she's brought a lot to the season but she is an easy target and when it's 5 against 5, easy is often wisest.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-24-18 at 09:19 AM
Yes, agreed, Michel. But, I have to say that I agree also, I love what she's brought to the show! She's a great character, and she exemplifies a person that we've all known. I am definitely rooting for her to get to the end....I want to see how vicious she can be!

But, she's not my favorite for winner.

"I know you won't believe me..."
Posted by Bebo on 11-21-18 at 10:46 PM
...but if I would have been able to get to the vote thresd in time, I would have voted for Dan.

Unfortunately, we'll have 15 people here for Thanksgiving tomorrow, so I didn't make it in time.

"RE: I know you won't believe me..."
Posted by Sheldor on 11-21-18 at 10:54 PM
Bebo: I believe you.

I figured if they played *BOTH* the Steal A Vote and the Idol Nullifier then the Davids would most likely all vote for Dan.

However I didn't think they would play both Advantages unless one of the Davids found a Hidden Immunity Idol otherwise I thought they would try to hold onto the Idol Nullifier and vote for the most likely Goliath to NOT have an Idol or have an Idol given to her.

Lucky for them Christian found the Hidden Immunity Idol and so I think that made them feel like they could go ahead and use both Advantages for a 100% sure vote out of Dan.

"RE: I know you won't believe me..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-22-18 at 10:48 AM
So, the next question has to be...will they hide another HII?

I have to say I was Thrilled that Christian found the last one! YAY!

"Awesome, Bebo"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-22-18 at 10:47 AM
You ROCK, Bebo!

"Photo/Vidcap Clues for Dan"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-21-18 at 11:07 PM
NTOS

Preview

Press Images After Reward

Press Image After Immunity