URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 884
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Parenthood"

Posted by samboohoo on 03-15-10 at 08:07 AM
Any watchers?

I am liking it so far. DH thinks it's too busy, and that no family has that much drama. Ha.

I didn't recognize Bonnie Bedilla. My, she has aged since Die Hard.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Parenthood"
Posted by Tummy on 03-15-10 at 09:06 AM
Of course I am because that's what I do, I just follow you around and watch whatever you're watching.

I was thinking Bonnie looks great for her age, she is 62 yrs old.

Have to find new keyboard batteries before posting more.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-16-10 at 02:54 PM
Good gawd, I hope you haven't been 7 hours with no batteries.

Posted by Tummy on 03-29-10 at 12:11 PM
I forgotteded.

So I've watched all the episodes so far and it's sappy enough for me to continue watching.

I haven't gotten all their names down yet, but the lawyer mom I love. Bonnie Bedelia's not in it enough. Love the storyline of the boy having Asperger's. Wanted Gilmore Girls mom to land the ad job. Not sure if I like Dax Shepherd.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-29-10 at 02:47 PM
Julia is the lawyer mom.

Sarah is the Gilmore Girl.

Crosby is Dax. There is nothing attractive about him or his character. (I'm sure his character is a Democrat. ).

Adam is the older, boring, brother with the Aspergers child. And of course, I love him. (I'm sure his character is Republican. )

Posted by susang on 03-31-10 at 01:25 PM
I like the Lauren Graham and Dax Shepard storylines the best. Both actors have a good sense of humor, and their characters are the most interesting, IMO. I especially related to the episode in which LG does not get the job.

"In Danger of being cancelled"
Posted by Tummy on 04-06-10 at 02:29 PM

"RE: In Danger of being cancelled"
Posted by Glow on 04-07-10 at 01:52 PM
What!?!?! How is that even possible? People really don't appreciate Jason Katims as much as he should be appreciated. I adore this show.

"RE: In Danger of being cancelled"
Posted by Tummy on 04-08-10 at 03:29 PM
Of course most of my votes go to Chuck.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b174881_save_one_show_vote_now_final_five.html

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-10 at 09:07 PM
main|dl2|link5|http%3A%2F%2Finsidetv.aol.com%2F2010%2F04%2F20%2Fparenthood-curb-your-enthusiasm-renewed%2F|Renewed.

Posted by Tummy on 04-27-10 at 10:19 AM
Back handstand Yay!

Posted by Tummy on 09-15-10 at 02:29 PM
Does the *happy dance* that Parenthood was back last night!
Love this show. And I love the kid that plays Max.

Posted by Snidget on 09-15-10 at 06:29 PM
The patriarch using his marriage counseling on everyone was cute.

Posted by Tummy on 09-17-10 at 10:51 AM
I hear you. I see you.

"Haddie"
Posted by samboohoo on 02-03-11 at 03:10 PM
Haddie is wrong.

Zeek & Camille are wrong. I find it funny that Zeek of all people - the one who talks the talk of putting your foot down - is letting Haddie stay at their house. He should respect Adam & Kristina's wishes.

Haddie has done nothing to prove that she can handle such a relationship. Her parents are right - he is too mature for her. A 16 year-old girl does not belong in a relationship with a 19 year-old recovering alcoholic.

If they give in at all, I may have to stop watching.

Posted by susang on 02-09-11 at 02:31 PM
I haven't been watching this show as often as I used to

Posted by samboohoo on 02-16-11 at 12:28 PM
LMAO at Joel and Julia. "Can right now be tonight?" And I loved Kristina's reation to finding them in the bathroom.

Posted by Asrai on 02-16-11 at 03:36 PM
I freakin' love this show! Last night's was especially fun to watch due to Joel & Julia! Oh, and I agree with you about Haddie and all that surrounding her storyline so far. I really kind of hated how it all played out. Disappointed, really.

*SQUEAL-worthy Capn2patch creation*

Posted by samboohoo on 02-17-11 at 10:17 AM
Normally I save it for the weekends, but I couldn't wait this week.

I have been somewhat conflicted on the Crosby/Jasmine story due to the cheating aspect, but I have liked how this is playing out. Jasmine is very controlling. She is a strong, independent woman, and she is a very real character. At the same time, Crosby is a very real character.

It's hard for me to feel like Crosby is such a bad guy here, even though I feel like what he did with Gaby is wrong.

I think this is one of the more realistic storylines the show has. We don't have the benefit of knowing waht relationship - if any - Crosby and Jasmine had prior to her becoming pregnant. I think their current relationship is based more on their feelings because of and surrounding Jabar than anything else, and this goes to show that just because you have a child together doesn't mean you're necessarily supposed to be together.

I like that there also might not be a happy ending for them.

Joel and Julia were so darn funny. The whole episode, from him looking at her aras to sending the text. And all of Kristina's reactions were good. "Oh, he wants something" when the text came in. And then telling Adam and telling him not to embarrass them.

Loved, loved, loved it.

"Haddie Again"
Posted by samboohoo on 02-17-11 at 10:24 AM
I am disappointed in the outcome, but perhaps it will fade away - especially now that it's not so forbidden. I think Adam & Kristna caved too easily. I like that they set the limits, but she's still so immature.

"RE: Haddie Again"
Posted by Tummy on 02-22-11 at 02:28 PM
Agree with all said. That girl is a spoiled brat. I did like they didn't totally cave, but I wish that they had left the alcoholism out of this storyline if this was going to be the resolution all along.

For all the reason's listed above plus the fact that he hasn't been sober long enough. I might have been fine with the compromise Adam and Kristina came to if not for the alcoholism.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-13-11 at 09:48 AM
I haven't seen last night's episode yet, I know much of what happened. And catching up on several eps.

Crosby/Jasmine: They really shoudn't have been together in the first place. I'm sure they do both love each other, but Jabar was the biggest factor in this relationship. Could they end up together someday? Sure. But it can't be something that is forced. For now we have seen that at the very least, they're not ready to be married. Crosby shouldn't have to change everything about himself just to be with her. Crosby is a houseboat guy and a motorcyle guy. And I think he had way more chemistry with Gaby.

Amber: So sad. I would be okay with the story going either way - Amber surviving and having to deal with the fallout or Amber dying and her family dealing with the fallout. Both storylines could provide (1) real life situations, and (2) good meaty stories.

Christina/Adam/Haddie/Alex: I've never liked any of the Haddie/Alex story. Another couple with no chemistry. I hate that she slept with him, but I also hate that Adam/Christina did not stick to their guns on the rules they laid out. Who didn't see this coming? Especially a few episodes back when Adam commented about Alex being at the house again.

Who's pregnant? Again, I think I would be okay with either Haddie or Christina being pregnant. It would be such a real situation if it ends up being Haddie, but I think there's also a lot of potential for stories if it's Christina. I think they want us to think it's Haddie. I also think that either situation will have a big impact on Julia!

Posted by Tummy on 04-13-11 at 01:19 PM
I love the girl that plays Amber so I want her to live! Live, I say!

Too bad it wasn't Haddie and Alex. Although I did look at Rob with horror and say "we're never having phones in our bedroom again!". How bad am I for wanting Haddie to know that she dialed her mom/dad while having sex?