URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8748
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S35 | Pre-Season Videos"

Posted by Sheldor on 11-28-17 at 09:10 PM
Post to hold Season 35 Pre-Season Videos

I realize I posted the Season 35 Pre-Season Videos in the Episode 1 VidCap Post and so they are hard to find. Creating this new post to hold them as there is interesting information to track all season.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Jeff Probst reveals the HHH players to watch"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-28-17 at 09:44 PM
Survivor: Jeff Probst reveals the Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers players to watch
DALTON ROSS@DALTONROSS
POSTED ON AUGUST 31, 2017 AT 1:00PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/31/survivor-heroes-healers-hustlers-jeff-probst-players-to-watch/

Eighteen new contestants — you can see their bios and individual photos right here — will be vying for the million dollars and title of Sole Survivor when Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers kicks off Sept. 27 on CBS. Well… actually, that’s not entirely true. The “vying” in question already took place last spring when season 35 was filmed. All that’s left is to air what happened and then read the votes live back in Los Angeles this December to make it official.

So when I went on location in Fiji for season 36 — which will air in 2018 — I asked host Jeff Probst whom he was liking (and whom he thought viewers would like) from the Triple H season, which had just finished filming. This offers a pretty unique perspective because usually when Probst tells me the players to watch, it is before the season has started filming, so he’s just going with his gut as to which people may pop on camera.

But since this interview took place after filming, the host has a much better idea of who will be worth keeping an eye on. So whether you’re curious to learn more about some of the folks that will be competing on Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers or just want some inside intel for your next Survivor fantasy pool, check out the video above for Jeff Probst’s official list of players to watch. And for more Survivor scoop, follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss.

Watch the embedded video for Jeff's comments regarding the following 8 players (Note: Players voted out already by Week 9 have been striken out.)

1. Dr. Mike
    I think people are going to get a kick out of Dr. Mike. He's on the Healer tribe. He is a Urologist. Very funny guy. A lot of puns about being a Urologist and he's a bit of a nerd but he plays that to his advantage. He plays it up. He's the first to say "Well gee what do I know? I don't know." And then in an interview he'll say "What do I know? I'm a DOCTOR! I know a lot! I love Dr. Mike"

2. Desi
    Also on the Healer tribe... Desiree. Really interesting woman. She is a physical therapist. Somebody who gives. Cares about others. Is not used to being selfish but is now going to find herself is this situation in which her best move may not be the move that is most true to who she is. She's used to helping people get over emotional or physical trauma but instead she is going to be causing that trauma for people. Very intrigued with her.
  3. Ben
    On the Hero tribe we have Ben who is a Marine. What a life he's been through. He's going to share a part of that on the show. He's somebody I think America is going to root for just because he's given service to our country and now he's rebuilding his life.

4. Crissy
    We also have this woman Chrissy who is a triple treat! She is going to lie about her age but she is in her forties. She is UBER smart. Very successful career. Ended her career to go make a family. Made the family. Raised the kids. Went back to her career. She can go deep and I think she is a really good representation of a different kind of Hero; a Super Mom in all senses.

5. Alan
    We have this guy Alan former NFL player who represents yet another kind of hero. The kind we give addulation to all the time. Oh my gosh Football Stars! Very funny. Physically gifted. Outspoken. I'm looking forward to getting him at Tribal Council.
  6. Patrick
    And then on the Hustler tribe completely different personality on the Hustler tribe. We've go this guy Patrick who is in some ways the personifcation of a hustler. He started his own company and his company is moving your furniture. You can't get somebody who hustles more. He is literally moving your couch. He's got a big personality that can be charming or off putting; we'll see.
  7. Ryan
    Ryan is another Hustler. He is a Bell Hop. Very smart guy. Going to try to play down his smarts. He weighs about 106 pounds but really quick witted and I think people are really going to enjoy him.

8. Ali
    Ali is another woman I really like. She is a personal assistant who has to put up with whatever it takes to get the job done. She's really cute. Not afraid to flirt and very smart.

"Jeff Probst's Castaway Assessment"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-28-17 at 11:13 PM
Survivor: Heroes, Healers & Hustlers - Jeff Probst's Castaway Assessment
Published on Sep 11, 2017
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QyHFsHq-xA

Host Jeff Probst gives us his take on the Castaways competing in Survivor: Heroes, Healers & Hustlers premiering Wednesday, September 27th at 8/7c. Only CBS

Transcript of Jeff Probst Assesment of the Final 9

Ashley is fun. Ashley is a Lifeguard. She's on the Hero tribe, obviously she saves us from ourselves, but she's also willing just to go toe to toe. I think she's going to do really well, she's really fun to be around, she will carry her weight in challenges, and I don't think she'll ever complain

Ben is the personification of a Hero. He protected the United States at war and then will say I'm not Hero I'm just doing my job. That's why you're a Hero.

Ben Confessional
"I'm a family man. I'm a dad. I'm a husband. I'm a son. I'm a brother. I'm a friend. I don't know I'm just a good guy, a good old boy."

Chrissy is one of my all time favorite people. She has accomplished so much, uber bright, big career. Took time off to go have a family then came back to have another big career. She's a Hero because she shows (especially other women) you can do anything especially anything any other dude can do. The thing working against Chrissy, at least in her mind, is that she's one of the older people out here. She's so bright and has so many life experiences that I have a feeling she will be able to maneuver people enough to get them off that topic.

JP is on the Hero tribe. He's a Fire Fighter. No other explanation needed. He goes into burning buildings to save people. I think he's a littled intimidated. He might feel the burden of all of what he brings with him: Young, Fit, Good Looking, a Fireman. He's got a lot to live up to man.

Joe is another one of those guys. He has such an engaging personality and it's such a contrast to his job. He's a probation officer and when you talk to him he says "You know I root for these people. They made a mistake. They want to get back on the right path and my job is to help them." So Joe's on the Healer tribe but there's a little bit of Tony in Joe. That sort of hunched over, let me make some moves. Joe has to get into a strong alliance initially and if he does and he can get some moementum I think his survivor instincts will kick in and he'll do really well.

What we liked about Dr. Mike who is on the Healer tribe. He is a Urologist. He has a great sense of humor about helping men with their sex problems and he's got a great confidence about himself. I think the biggest thing going against Mike will be that he's a little bit older and that if you judge him on a first impression you might say "Is he capable?". I would align with Mike not because I think I could beat him but because I think we'd probably be better with you in our group.

Ryan loved Ryan the minute he walked in. Ryan is on the Hustler tribe. He's a bell hop. You don't make money if you don't anticipate needs. He's very quick witted. He knows it and he loves the game. He's the first person in 35 seasons to chose to wear a turtle neck on Survivor, a show that takes place in 100 degrees in Fiji. He's awesome!

Devon is on the Hustler tribe and he represents a different kind of hustle. He has been given opportunities in life and his attitude is: Not everybody gets these so I'm not going to squander it. He has such a goofy way about him and he's a giant guy physically fit but he's wicked smart. If people figure that out sooner or later they have to get rid of you so Devon has to play up here. Right away he's got to figure how to find people that will keep him in the game.

Lauren is a third generation fisherwoman.

Lauren Confessional
"I am a single mother in a commercial fishing industry. There is very few of us and I think I'm a very small breed."

She knows her way around a boat, a hook, a net, a cage but she's on the Hustler tribe because she literally does not get paid if she doesn't bring it back. Lauren will be a little bit of a fish out of water in that she doesn't travel a lot, she doesn't leave her home town very often, and here she is in the middle of Fiji with a bunch of strangers from all over the country so I think her opening moments she's going to have to break out any box that she has and just say "Hey my name's Lauren. What's up?"

"Jeff Probst promises one of the best finishes ever"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-28-17 at 11:19 PM
Survivor: Jeff Probst promises one of the best finishes ever
‘One of my favorite final Tribals,’ teases the host of the upcoming season

DALTON ROSS@DALTONROSS
POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 19, 2017 AT 10:00AM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/19/survivor-jeff-probst-best-finish-ever/

It’s always important to finish strong, and according to Survivor host Jeff Probst, that’s exactly what fans can expect in the upcoming season of Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers, which premieres Sept. 27 on CBS.

While on location in Fiji for season 36 (which will air in 2018) of the reality giant, we asked the Hostmaster General to give us five reasons to watch season 35, and he delivered some tantalizing teases, including a strong endgame.

“The last third of the season, you cannot predict what is going to happen,” says Probst. “You won’t want to miss it. And you’re going to love the thrill of the drama.” The host also promises that said drama will extend all the way to the final vote in what he is touting as “One of the best finishes. One of my favorite final Tribals — new format, a hearty discussion, and who knows? Minds may be changed in the jury.”

We assume that “new format” comment is referencing the new jury open dialogue that replaced the standard Q&A last season — and which Probst and EP Matt Van Wagenen have already confirmed to us is “here to stay,” but hearing the longtime host refer to it as one of the best finishes and that jury votes may actually change in the moment can’t help but get us excited.

But wait, what are the other reasons to watch Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers? Watch the video to find out what other intel is dispensed, and for more Survivor scoop, follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss.

Transcript of the Video:

5 Reasons to watch our 35th season of Survivor

1. The Theme. Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers. It's very interesting to watch three different pyschological approaches to life play out in this social game.
  2. Dr. Mike
  3. The Challenges. Once again our challenge team has created new fresh challenges that are consistently dramatic and I think you are going to like a lot of the new additions.
  4. The last third of the season, you cannot predict what is going to happen. You won’t want to miss it. And you’re going to love the thrill of the drama.
  5. One of the best finishes. One of my favorite final Tribals — new format, a hearty discussion, and who knows? Minds may be changed in the jury.