URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8739
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S35|East Coast Spoiler Thread|Episode 8"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-17 at 08:43 PM
You know the drill! Place all commentary regarding tonights episode in this thread until the show has aired in its entirety on the West Coast. And, don't forget, no siggies, please! Have PHUN!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Previously on Survivor....."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-17 at 09:04 PM
after the merge cole was looking to get the upper hand, but the heroes and hustlers came together putting the healers on the wrong side of the numbers, at TC Joe thought he was saving himself but the real target was Jessica...who's next

at night 19, Cole says he knows how it is to feel liked to, Ben...

Joe Jess got blindsided by them, as a fan have to appreciate it...

Ben: Lauren and I put a plan in play and put a target and executed it...worried about the individual part because an individual can mess it all up

Mike talking to Joe...first tribe., now he gets it...

Lauren is using the screws...then she reached in and saw a secret advantage...guess it's been there since we merge,d, my heart beat crazy

Allows her to not vote at next TC, don't write down a name, place this note in, and take the blank voting parchment with u, then vote twice the next time. Make sure that no one sees me do it, it could blow up my whole game!

YAY! Lauren finds the Secret Advantage! Doesn't vote at next TC, then gets to vote twice later!

"Lauren found the SA!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-17 at 09:12 PM
Day 20, come on in....challenge arena

See Cole

Reward

Race up tower to top use sling shot to launch sand bags hitting 5 targets, first team finishes get private island, spaghetti, salad, red wine. Twist: randomly draw for teams, odd one out, they automatically join the winning team without doing anything.

2 teams: JP chrissy cole ryan ....desi
Joe drew the white rock,
Ben vs neck and neck...up rope ladder, Ben first, misses, ryan shortBen shoots again...Chrissy up now

chrissy misses
Ben connects, once you hit let someone else

Ryan and chrissy miss, then JP goes up...Dr Mike connects 2 for red
JP hits for blue
Cole for blue, Lauren for red, Lauren connects for 3
Ashley coming up
Cole misses
Devon now...and he connects for 2
JP coming up
Ashley misses again
JP gets one for 3

Ashley fires and misses
Devon connects for 4
JP comes up
Ashley has to pick it up
Ashley gets it but JP wins for blue...JP, Devon, chrissy cole and ryan and Joe joins them

Jiffy says it is going to be served family style, eat one person at a time alone in private, no one will ever know how much you eat. Joe...you decide in what order everyone eats...

Joe: right now I do have a target on my back, a great opportunity to establish better relationships and alliances.

"Joe possible flipper?"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-17 at 09:25 PM
Joe looking to form new alliances....going with JP, Chrissy, Ryan, Devon, and Cole.

Hmmmm?

they go to a beach

Devon goes first cause it's his birthday, Joe puts himself back, last...I have a decent relationship with Devon, hustlers have the power, gave devon first if can dev'p relationship with devon will benefit me further

Devon: sees how much there is , he is pigging out....see him shoveling it in, so happy right now, shoving each bite in my face, I felt I was fair, thought I hmay have eaten a little more, there is a clue at the bottom of the plate....JP next, has confessional, took my portion...Cole next...they ate so much more than their fair share, I will bet bact at them...Cole sees the clue at the bottom of the plate....he has to hid the clue from everyone...next is Chrissy...I am a student of this game enough to know there is probably a clue, then she sees it...hidden II under your tribe flag...I think I am the first one, and I hope that Ryan will see it too, and he does...the less people that see the plate the better, so ryan hides the plate....Cole is so dumb

Now Joe goes...Chrissy tells him about the clue, right there, what a dumb a$$$
Cole hears them and asks what they are whispering about. Cole says they know about the clue. I can beat them out about a clue...

They return to camp

Chrissy, Ryan: II is right under the flag, I have to wait for a moment to break away
Ryan: we were telling people about the reward, all of a sudden Cole has to pee, so ryan goes to dig up the idol

Then Chrissy goes...there is JP, and Ryan gets it, already....then see Cole see her....Cole tackilys Chrissy...but ryan already has the clue...I am standing there with the idol in my shorts and pandemonium...only one that knew what had transpired...Ben tells them that Cole got it

Ben: says that he blatantly went out the,rr, you got it know and everyone knows. Ben shays he doesn't like him...Ben says he tucked his shirt into his pants

Cole: everyone thinks I have an idol, but I don't have one. have to win IC, that would be a gmae changer for me.

Crap: Ryan got the idol....must have been very shallow

"RE: Joe possible flipper?"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-16-17 at 08:46 AM
Once again, Cole pulls a Cole move and doesn't get rid of the plate. What an idiot! He just keeps getting better and better....ugh!

"RE: Joe possible flipper?"
Posted by michel2 on 11-16-17 at 10:16 AM
Yes, who serves spaghetti on a blanket?? The smart thing to do would have been to throw away the plate like Ryan did but put the spaghtti in the salad bowl. As for the salad, just throw it on the ground and apologize to the others, saying you dropped it accidentally. If you leave enough spaghetti and bread, they won't mind missing a bit of salad.

"RE: S35|East Coast Spoiler Thread|Episode 8"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-15-17 at 09:25 PM
Well... that was a clever twist and a fun brouhaha under the flag, four people diving in and digging while Ryan is laying back watching the fur fly as he already found the idol.

Posted by michel2 on 11-15-17 at 10:15 PM
Well hello, Mr. LePew, it has been a while. I wonder how it would have gone if the idol had been buried deeper. A real fight?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-15-17 at 10:43 PM
Who knows.

I enjoyed how they set up that whole thing with the food part (Cole or Chrissy should have just tossed the whole plate in the first place to hide the clue) and Chrissy was smart to stay and fight for it to deflect attention away from Ryan having it.

The advantage that Lauren had was a little confusing. Shouldn't someone have noticed that 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 10 when there were 11 people left in the game?

I think Cole would have been toast if he hadn't won immunity.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-15-17 at 10:53 PM
And speaking of bozos... Cole knew the clue was left behind for others to potentially see and he knew that two of the people that followed him to the spaghetti plate, Chrissy and Ryan, had been whispering to each other right after the latter got back from eating.

So... as soon as he gets back to camp, he goes to the throne and leaves Chrissy and Ryan near the flag? Bozo of the year.

Posted by michel2 on 11-15-17 at 10:54 PM
Cole may be King Bozo actually!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-16-17 at 08:48 AM
Cole....shakes head and wonders, WHY? oh WHY?

"Ryan gets the HII...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-17 at 09:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-17 AT 08:51 AM (EST)

Day 21
Challenge arena

Desi says temporarily, Ryan notices...see Cole...narrow beam balance stature with very long pole, at intervals, move rather away, if fall off beam or statue falls, you are out....see Cole, saw Desi...

Here we go...in this section for 10 minutes...one little movement and your game will be over....bug crawling on Chrissy...Mike is out.
Joe is out, out of no where
Devon, the surfer falls off the beam and is out
Ryan's heart is beating through his chest
Lauren is out
Ryan out
down to 6....7 minutes and they move farther back
10 minutes, moved back one section
Ben, Desi, Ashley, JP, Cole
Ashley is out

down to 5

Chrissy is out
Ben desi cole and JP
Ben is out
Desi on one end, Cole and JP at the other end
JP feet moving
Desi drops
Cole and JP
JP with recovery, a lot of movement
JP is struggling, now Cole is moving
Cole still moving
JP drops and Cole wins the IC

Chrissy: it totally sucks that he won but we still have 3 other healers to choose from so wthe Hustlers and the heroes still have to decide which one goes next.

"Post IC, pre TC drama at Mana:"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-17 at 09:57 PM
*WAVES* at Pepe Le Pew! Where have you been? So nice to see you!

Day 21...
Good job Cole
The IC was the bomb. I hav enew life, I was thinking I was leaving tonight...I feel that the healers are a sinking ship and if we don't do something w will b ein a bad place

Ben: Cole winning immunity, split the vote between Joe and Desi, joe is a gamer and desi is physically strong, mentally strong...Desi is so strong
Ben says it's survivor and anything can happen but I think we will be good
Cole, Joe, and Mike talking
Joe says w Cole out, probably will be on the chopping block. I think the healers will split the vote, and we can send someone home
Joe to Ryan and Devon: who is calling the shots...see ben spying on them
Joe is telling them he is not going to beat Ben, has a great story, former marine, don't want to take him, I would betray chrissy, now is not the right time
Ben: just like I thought Joe is trying to put a target on my back
Ben and Joe talking...bigger threats than me, you swore on your marine to 3 difft people...Ben tells him he is being serious
Joe: ben cam eup to me real cocky and confident...I told him that people tell me that you swear on the marines....Joe is definitely getting Ben going....Joe
Ben: Joe pushed the right button, I take what I did in the marines very serious, things that I think of every day...it pisses me off
Ben is really pissed at Joe

Desi: Joe just caused another blow up at camp, joes instincts have worked so far, will work for me or not
Lauren tells Ben that she has the secret advantage, if I play it and don't play it, the healers can vote one of us out

Having the extra vote,
Ben: this could create a huge problem for us, we have to split the vote, I have to convince a healer to come with us

Ben tells Mike that he needs him...

Mike: for some reason he needs me to vote out Joe, but if I show my alliegence to get off the bottom, but at the same time it could be a good opportunity to get out ben

Ben: if this don't work, I could be screwed, russian roulette, could be me tonight.

TC

Joe: I feel the heat, there is one person running the game and that is ben
Ben says we sit at knights at the round table, they have my back just like I have theirs
Cole: the healers are the target...
Joe is laughing, really you allowed ben....we became weaker when we allowed Ben to cause chaos
Ben: I got heated cause Joe pushed my button, Chrissy says just stop talking none of us want to listen to you anymore
Ashley says it's hard to tell if Joe is really good at playing this game or just good at being annoying
Desie: people manipulate words
Mike: at the end of the day you feel like you can't trust people...your feelings get hurt and you feel like you have been betrayed
Ben: I have been thru a lot just like any other vet, very easy to get overwhelmed, after getting out I am still working on anger, that is why I apologize to joe, not cause he got me angry but that I let him get me angry
Desi: people would say that lying would not be the best version of them selves, she looks at chrissy
Devon: this game shifts us down, we are exposed....I feel like I am always positive, I don't want to be a zombie, I like being a light and beautiful light...
time to vote....JP fist footer
See Ben, then Mike
Lauren takes the parchment, and puts in the SA to the pot

Vote tally....

Ben
Lauren
Desi
Joe
Desi
Joe
Desie
Joe
Desi
Joe
tied
revote, desi and Joe do not vote, everyone else only vote for Desi or Joe

Lauren didn't vote

Desi
Joe
Desi
Desi
Desi
Desi first member of the jury
Joe mumbled something to Desi

Good luck everyone, Bye des....says Joe

If roller coaster is the theme of the night we are still early in the ride because there are a lot more loops to come

"RE: Post IC, pre TC drama at Mana:"
Posted by michel2 on 11-15-17 at 10:26 PM
I saw Cole and Mike voted for Joe while Joe and Desi voted for Ben and Lauren respectively, so that means either Joe or Desi could have avoided the revote by voting for the other. It also means that only 2 out of the 6 voting Heroes and Hustlers voted for Joe which is weird when the agreement was the men vote Joe, the women voted Desi.

When Jeff said 4 votes Desi, 4 votes Joe, one Lauren, one Ben, everyone had to realize that there was one vote missing, no?

And please someone explain why these bozos voted for Desi on the revote instead of Joe????

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-17 at 10:32 PM
And please someone explain why these bozos voted for Desi on the revote instead of Joe????

Do you think that they thought Desi was more of the physical threat regarding challenges? And, would be harder to get out later?

Idiots.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-15-17 at 10:45 PM
I see that you also picked up on the missing vote! Surely someone had to notice this.

Posted by michel2 on 11-15-17 at 10:56 PM
These clowns founnd it amazing when Chrissy did 30*30 in her head so maybe they can't add to 11!!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-16-17 at 01:34 PM
The math whiz missed out on counting to 11 as well, unless she was in on the secret.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-15-17 at 11:12 PM
Michel wrote: "It also means that only 2 out of the 6 voting Heroes and Hustlers voted for Joe which is weird when the agreement was the men vote Joe, the women voted Desi."

Looks like they switched the plan.
4 Men (Ben, JP, Devon, Ryan) voted for Desi
2 Women (Chrissy, Ashley) voted for Joe (along with Healers Cole and Mike)
Lauren did not vote.

And for some odd reason Joe voted for Ben and Desi voted for Lauren.

Posted by michel2 on 11-16-17 at 00:19 AM
So, on the revote, Cole and Mike stayed with Joe while the women joined the men in their alliance. Weird. Their fear of Desi's skills in challenges outweighed their dislike of Joe.

I'm sure Jeff will use this to spin it that Joe's magnanimous gesture at the reward saved him...

Posted by Sheldor on 11-17-17 at 04:54 PM
Michel wrote: "So, on the revote, Cole and Mike stayed with Joe while the women joined the men in their alliance. Weird."

No on the re-vote
Cole and Mike switched their votes from Joe to Desi.
Ashley switched her vote from Joe to Desi
Ben, JP, Devon, Ryan voted again for Desi
Apparently Chrissy voted again for Joe
Lauren did not vote.
7 Desi vs 1 Joe

Note: On the first vote Desi was led to believe that all 4 Healers were voting for Lauren. Instead Cole/Mike flipped and voted for Joe. Joe decided to vote for Ben.

Posted by michel2 on 11-17-17 at 06:12 PM
No matter who voted for whom, it's weird that, with idols taken out of the equation, they voted for Desi instead of Joe. When something is weird (Woo at F3) I question the integrity of the show and then I remembered, Jeff saying:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/09/survivor-jeff-probst-heroes-healers-hustlers-episode-7/

"I love Joe. We loved him the minute he walked into the room...he’s fantastic! And it’s not simply because he says such great stuff and makes moves. We like him because he is delivering on what he showed us in the room. Big, bold, funny, and relentless." Makes me go Hummm! Maybe Jeff wanted Joe to last a little longer.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-17-17 at 09:20 PM
Doesn't seem all that weird to me. I think they wanted to Flush Joe's Idol if he had one by splitting votes 4-4 Joe/Desi and vote out Joe or Desi depending on...

a) Joe plays Idol for Joe; Idol Flushed vote out Desi on revote.

b) Joe gives Idol to Desi; Idol Flushed vote out Joe on revote

c) Joe doesn't play an Idol; Vote out Challenge and Social threat Desi and keep the guy who fails at Challenge, who no one seems to like (target they can all agree on), and who does not have an Idol (assumption and watch him so he can't get one) and vote him out next TC.

Posted by michel2 on 11-17-17 at 09:59 PM
But on the revote, idols are out of play so they could all have voted against Joe with no worries at all.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-17-17 at 11:29 PM
WWCD: vote out a young female!

Posted by michel2 on 11-18-17 at 03:22 AM
But, according to Sheldor, Chrissy is the only one that kept her vote on Joe! I don' tknow if it's accurate but it sounds plausible.

Posted by Chez on 11-16-17 at 00:21 AM
I think maybe after Lauren told Ben about the Advantage they realized one of Joe or Desi needed to get 4 votes in order to avoid one of the alliance (Ben) being voted off.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-16-17 at 08:44 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-17 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

Yes, Chez is right. So much for a secret advantage.

"Semi Secret Advantage"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-17-17 at 04:59 PM
There is an Extra Video where Lauren reads the entire (or most of) Secret Advantage Note.

We already knew it had to be used at the next Tribal Council after the note was found or be forfeited.

It had instructions how to vote (place the advantage not in the urn and take the ballot back with you) and it also had explicit instructions how to vote on a re-vote. Lauren was supposed to place a Blank Ballot in the Urn but instead she tossed it over the side of the table.

Last it says the Extra Vote is up to and including the Final 6 Tribal Council.

"Next time on Survivor...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-17 at 10:04 PM
Editing nailed the boot....fyi. The clip of the challenge sealed it for me....

Next time on Survivor

Jiffy: Lauren is armed and dangerous
Lauren seen with Ben, she says to him: I pulled that off really good
Lauren: my secret ad is in play
While ryans loose lips...
Ryan walking with Ben....tells ben I have an idol in my pants
Ryan walking with Devon: tells devon, only you know about it
See Ben and Devon on a rock together, and then Ben tells Devon: Ryan has an idol
Devon says to Ben, WOW!
Devon: Looks upset....In the blink of an eye, my game has completely changed

Yay, looks like Devon is going to see Ryan's true colors!

"CONGRATULATIONS "
Posted by Sheldor on 11-15-17 at 10:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Michel, CTgirl and Flowerpower on correctly voting for Desi! I stupidly *IGNORED* Desi being ALL over the Press Images and Promo videos!

"RE: CONGRATULATIONS "
Posted by michel2 on 11-15-17 at 10:57 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, Sheldor because Joe SHOULD have been the boot...IDJIOTS!!