URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8699
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Cast Reveal"

Posted by michel2 on 08-30-17 at 01:43 PM
CBS revealed the cast for season 35:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1007733/survivor-season-35-meet-the-cast-of-heroes-vs-healers-vs-hustlers/

I have a feeling that this place will be really quiet this time around...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Cast Reveal"
Posted by Gray Squirrel on 08-30-17 at 04:01 PM
I'll be watching. Never miss the show. I don't post here much, but I lurk continually during the season.

I really enjoy reading the other posters views, analysis, & humor. I usually avoid reading the Spoilers Forum until after the show has aired. The detective work that the posters do here seems to be incredibly accurate. It's really insightful to read, but I would rather enjoy the show without any previous knowledge of whats going to happen. However, after the episode has aired, the Bashers Forum & the Spoilers Forum are the 1st sections I read.

Looking forward to another great season, as I am sure you are too.

Posted by kingfish on 08-30-17 at 04:40 PM
Eh, these days the Survivor Spoiler detectives aren't so hot. And the true spoilers that originate from show insiders are usually pretty well indicated. I avoid those too, but even then you can't really be sure whether someone is bluffing or really has the dope. So there's still a measure of suspense no matter what they say.

But you're right, Bashers is where the real magic happens, and that's even more fun if one jumps in.

Posted by kingfish on 08-30-17 at 04:46 PM
Yeah, me too. Hopefully some of the RTVW regulars will show back up. And that Tribe comes back from his sabbatical.

Looks like the regular mix of token island rats, sans repeaters, so it might be a decent season.

Posted by CTgirl on 08-31-17 at 09:46 PM
I'm here too although I tend to be more of a lurker these days.

Posted by Brownroach on 09-06-17 at 01:05 AM
Season 35? Feels more like Season 95.

These categories (Heroes-Healers-Hustlers) sound ridiculously arbitrary, as usual. But since they are apparently all new players, I may try to watch.

Posted by Sheldor on 09-06-17 at 01:26 AM
Thanks Michel!

Pretty young cast overall. Looks more like a Big Brother cast than a Survivor cast! I like that it is all New Players and I'm a fan of the 3 tribe of 6 format to start the game. Kind of a late Cast Reveal and a late start (Wed 9/27)! Normal 13 Weeks of Episodes would put the Finale on Dec 20th but they have never had a Finale on the week before Christmas. More likely the Finale will be Dec 13th and they will only have 12 weeks of Episode but probably a Double Episode.

I'll be here all season. Hopefully it won't be too quiet!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-10-17 at 05:44 PM
Just starting to notice that the cast is out, thanks so much for posting, michel! Sure hope you have reconsidered with your editing thread, gawd knows what we would do without that! PUH-LEEEEEEESE reconsider!

I'm hooked on the weekly suspense and I rooting for a refreshing season with all of the newbies. And, I agree, I love the 3 tribe format as well!

Let the game begin! September 27 is in a few weeks. Time to start analyzing the video promos! Bring it!

Posted by kingfish on 09-13-17 at 11:59 AM
One thing that has been changing and is worth watching is the way they play the game.

With the previous 95 seasons (35? No way!) behind them, it's become a game of real strategy instead of haphazard blundering. Luck still plays a part as does production interference, but also;

Who is strategic yet beguiling?

Who is smart yet inoffensive?

Who understands that athleticism can work against him/her?

Who is nurturing yet cut-throat?

Who can be creative yet not off-putting in a way not yet seen in 95 seasons? (still ain't buying the 35).

And of course, quien es mas macho?

Of course, I'll be watching the beach babes. It's what I do.

And dammit, someone wake Tribe up. I need a Survivor 95 sig!

Posted by michel2 on 09-17-17 at 01:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-17 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

The biggest problem in watching the strategy is that many now play to simply get a reinvitation. They know there is a possibility to be featured on prime time TV for 2, 3 or even 4 seasons so why play quietly to win like Danni or even Earl when you can become a star like Zeke or Cochran or Coach, etc... It's much better to make those big moves that Jiffy wants you to make than to play intelligently.

Honestly, if you want to see Survivor strategy, play it on line instead of watching this travesty.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-17-17 at 12:53 PM
Reality Winner needs to be on 'Survivor' to see if she is, well, a reality (show) winner.