URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8694
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Finale episode description"

Posted by Bebo on 05-18-17 at 07:35 PM
“No Good Deed Goes Unpunished” – A historic tribal council takes a shocking turn on one unsuspecting castaway. Then, after a game changing season, one castaway will be crowned sole Survivor and awarded the $1 million dollar prize, on the two-hour season finale, followed by the one-hour live reunion show hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 24 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Finale episode description"
Posted by Bebo on 05-18-17 at 08:07 PM
Wanted to put my speculation into a separate post. With all of the idols and the advantage out there, the historical tribal council could conceivably end up with only one person to vote for.

Advantage - Sarah
II - Troyzan
II - Tai
Immunity Challenge winner
Tai's other II

Sarah and Tai are the only two who know they are safe. Sarah's advantage can only be used at 6. Tai has 2 II, but they expire when it's down to 4. He can keep himself safe at 6 and 5, or he could give one to an ally if he's worried about his place in the final 5.

Troyzan has an idol he needs to use in TC at 6 or 5. If he has any questions about his safety, he can save himself.

That means that Brad, Cirie, and Aubry are the three most vulnerable in this episode. So if 1 of them wins immunity, that makes only 2 vulnerable. But if Tai uses his idol to save someone, then there is only one person who can be voted out. They don't have to know this could be the scenario, they could just fall into it.

I think it could happen because of the time spent on the Tai/Aubry connection. If he suspects she's vulnerable, he'll use his idol on her.

So here's a situation that could happen:

Sarah uses her advantage
Troyzan uses his idol...
Tai uses his idol...
Aubry is saved by Tai's other idol...
Brad wins immunity...

which means that Cirie is the only one who could get votes, so she'd be gone.

(I think it's more likely that Brad would win IC instead of Cirie.)

Posted by Sheldor on 05-18-17 at 11:51 PM
Yup! And I'm pretty sure something along those lines will happen!

Also it could be like the Final 6 of Cambodia and ALL votes get canceled. That would not be the same as a Tie as No Votes counted so Jeff would say there are NO Votes so we vote again (i.e. not a Tie re-vote) but only for those that are NOT Immune. Since only Cirie (or whoever) is NOT Immune Cirie gets voted out 5-0.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-19-17 at 02:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-17 AT 05:22 PM (EST)

Crazy if there are only 1 or 2 people eligible to be voted out. Too many advantages for my liking but should be fun to watch.

Bebo, thanks for outlining the possible scenarios. Definitely agree with you that Brad is most likely to win immunity. It will be interesting to see if Tai still trusts Aubry after this last TC. They made a point of showing us Brad telling Tai that Aubry and Cirie (which was incorrect) voted for him. Unfortunately it looks like Cirie and Aubry are goners.

Is the preview of Tai giving Brad one of his HIIs a red herring or is there something more to it in the vidcaps? Tying this in with the episode title, originally I thought it was about Cirie lamenting how she tried to save Sarah with her advantage, only to get punished by having her close ally Michaela voted out (and perhaps she is next). But another option is that the title could be about Tai, who gives one of his idols to Brad (or someone else) in exchange for an F3 deal but then they pull a Dreamz? Seems hard to mess up having 2 idols but Tai is easy to manipulate.

How has Troyzan totally skated by this far? He finally had a confessional this past episode but he is so UTR and you never even hear his name come up as a target. Does he still have a secret alliance with Sarah?

"EW Jeff Probst Tease"
Posted by Sheldor on 05-18-17 at 11:52 PM
Okay, big finale coming up next week. What can you say about it?

Hmm… let’s see… how many times have I said, “This season is called Game Changers and it lives up to the name!” Well, I’m gonna say it one more time. I promise. More game-changing moments still to come.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/18/survivor-jeff-probst-game-changers-vote-steal/

"Sarah's Advantage?"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-19-17 at 06:15 PM
This is the Legacy Advantage that Sierra bequeathed to her? How does it help Sarah/what does it allow her to do? (Sorry, I've not been paying strict attention )

"RE: Sarah's Advantage?"
Posted by michel2 on 05-19-17 at 06:30 PM
It's immunity. She will be immune at F6.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-20-17 at 04:35 PM
Thanks, michel -- so as I recall, that happened after Sierra was voted out and it was shown in her final words. So Sarah doesn't actually know she has this? It will only apply at TC should she get votes?

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-21-17 at 07:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-17 AT 07:58 AM (EST)

No, it was willed to Sarah, and she knows exactly what it says. She received the original clue that Sierra found. She knows that it is only good for F6.

Questions:

1. When is the final time that an HII can be played? I thought it was F5?
2. Tai has 2 idols, so his could be played up until F5?
3. Troyzan has 1 HII, his can be played up until F5?
4. Sarah has the legacy advantage, only good at F6.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-20-17 at 04:49 PM
Yes, I could definitely see that Cirie could get blindsided by being the "only" one that is not immune. She probably will not see it coming. She has a nice spike of 5 confessionals this week, which could spell disaster for her, but I sure wouldn't mind a Cirie win....

Yes, when it gets down to it I do think that Culpepper is going to be very hard to beat in challenges at this point.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-24-17 at 03:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-17 AT 00:24 AM (EST)

What would really be crazy is if Cirie got no votes; all the votes went to people who were then saved by idols/advantages having been played. A revote would likely be required by the rules, but Cirie couldn't vote for anyone at all and the others would all have to vote for her. It seems to me that in such a situation, no one should have to leave, but of course they wouldn't do it that way.