URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 867
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Adam Lambert"

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-04-09 at 02:06 PM
He's a cutie, but he's not getting as much face time as some of the others.

I must have missed the night he auditioned. Is he one of the rumored plants this year?

Agman took me to the islands

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Adam Lambert"
Posted by Snidget on 02-04-09 at 02:29 PM
MJ's blog has the audition video

link

They mention in that audition he was in the cast of Wicked and some other acting stuff, so that gets him plant status. There are other even more plantier people.

He's got a wild side we haven't seen on AI so far, but there are some interesting pictures over on VFTW.

Posted by byoffer on 02-04-09 at 04:32 PM
tsk, tsk. Not like you to screw up a link.

They can't pimp all of them in the first day of Hollywood. I think he is good, and hopefully we will see him in future eps.

Posted by Snidget on 02-04-09 at 05:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-09 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

Odd, my link works for me, but yours doesn't.

Might be a photobucket issue. Here is how to get to the video.

Warning this link to the blog page that links to the video has spoiler info.

MJ's Blog

ETA: There are some links to some youtubes of him, not sure if those links are still good.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-04-09 at 05:41 PM
Neither of the first two links work for me, but the last one does.

"& now we have......."
Posted by jbug on 02-05-09 at 09:21 AM
link wars!
Let the battle begin!

Posted by agman on 02-05-09 at 06:29 PM
your link works just fine Snidget!

"oops"
Posted by jbug on 02-05-09 at 09:28 AM
The action that you were trying to perform has failed.

now that? is code.

"RE: oops"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-05-09 at 09:47 AM
Did you index it in the code book?

"RE: oops"
Posted by agman on 02-05-09 at 06:33 PM
She loaned it to me, and I forgot to give it back!

along with her toy fuzzball

Posted by jbug on 02-05-09 at 09:24 AM
Kara winked at him......
& Simon had his finger up his nose......

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-10-09 at 01:38 PM
I heart Adam.

Adam Lambert video on Ricky: http://www.rickey.org/?p=11117

Posted by moonbaby on 02-11-09 at 11:06 AM
Not digging that every song sounds like a stage production. I dub thee Joe Showtunes.

Posted by Tahj on 02-19-09 at 01:05 PM
Yeah, he has such a strong background in musical theater that it keeps coming through. He'll definitely have to change his style if he wants to make it through. He deserves to on his voice alone. The fact that he's GORGEOUS may help or hurt. In my case, it helps...oh yes....it helps.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Glow on 02-26-09 at 11:52 AM

Posted by mrc on 02-26-09 at 01:09 PM
Adam makes me want to pierce my eardrums with a sharp object and pour acid into my eyes. That is all.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by thndrkttn on 02-26-09 at 02:28 PM
Me too! He makes me think of these kind of kids when I actually look at the tv screen when he's on.

Normally, I have to look away because I find him so...completely poser-ish.

Posted by mrc on 02-26-09 at 03:07 PM
Thank you. And the fact that he liked the Twilight books was the clincher to his "look."

(Nothing against the books or those who read them, but his love of them was *so* predictable.)

A Slice of Manga

Posted by sica077 on 03-05-09 at 10:02 PM
Wait... I thought he was in the movie?

Lol... totally agree with you mrc.

"Question:"
Posted by vince3 on 02-26-09 at 01:48 PM
How much prior face time do you need when you get the Pimp Spot?

Posted by Glow on 03-02-09 at 10:40 AM
*crosses fingers that this Adam will show up on my television*

A Change is Gonna Come
Crawl Thru Fire

oh how I love him

Posted by emydi on 03-02-09 at 11:54 AM
http://www.votefortheworst.com/20090301/adam_lambert_likes_take_pictures_himself_making_out_some_dude

if there was much doubt

I think I love him even more now!!

I'm sure TPTB will dis him now...he's VFTW material and he has a chance of actually winning it

Posted by Glow on 03-02-09 at 12:40 PM
oh I've seen them. Bradam.

Posted by emydi on 03-02-09 at 02:07 PM
some at VFTW are comparing Brad to Kris A

Posted by Glow on 03-02-09 at 02:22 PM
How awesome would that be? Imagine how many more "omg. He's gay?!!!!!!111 I was going to marry him!" comments we would get then. Awesome.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 03-05-09 at 11:10 AM
He's put on a little weight since those vids were taken. I love saying that about a guy.

Posted by vince3 on 03-02-09 at 12:46 PM
I still wanna know where his sparkles are........

"Adam and Randy dine together"
Posted by emydi on 03-03-09 at 04:10 PM
http://mjsbigblog.com/adam-lambert-and-randy-jackson-had-dinner-together.htm

before Week 2 performed last week...

wtf, Adam should know better... although Simon loves him too

http://mjsbigblog.com/simon-cowell-adam-lambert-is-his-favorite-season-8-contestant.htm

"RE: Adam and Randy dine together"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-09 at 04:42 PM
Looks like they updated it, they say they just ran into each other when they had dinner at the same place.

Posted by Glow on 03-06-09 at 01:08 PM
Adam Lambert, 26, Los Angeles, on not giving a crap: "I didn't take that advice to not Google yourself. I did. I saw it all (referring to some photos of him kissing another guy). My thought? Oh well! It is what it is. It doesn't matter to me." Adam also told us that he hopes to sing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" on the show. "The way I do it, it doesn't sound karaoke."

Posted by true on 03-08-09 at 09:10 AM
This guy is so NOT AI material. I predict that at some point Simon will turn on him and he will be gone. I'm sure he'd make a fabulous drag queen,(and there is nothing wrong with that) but really, AI? I don't think so.

Posted by true on 03-09-09 at 07:37 AM
Having said that, I will probably give him all my votes.

Posted by Glow on 03-11-09 at 12:59 PM
"This guy is so NOT AI material."

precisely.
I just hope they don't try to break him.

ACK! I don't want him to win. That realization always hurts my brain. It is only natural to want your favorite to win the game but when that but-this-place-ruins-people realization kicks in, it makes my head hurt. So it's hard when you really like somebody that you just know doesn't fit into this little American Pop Idol show. For real. Like what commercials are they watching where everybody looks like Jasmine or Megan? I just. I don't know. Like, thank you awful show, for Bo and Chris and Michael and all those few other people I would still listen to but you broke Bo's first album so bad and he only came in second. I don't think I can ever let that go. But then you want your favorite to stick around so you can watch them every week. (That part worked out for this little ho of Bo's.) But then if they stick around until the finale, even if they don't win, the album is still going to suck.

*takes aspirin*

"Help me here! What am I missing?"
Posted by Tazluli on 03-11-09 at 09:50 AM
I am not getting the appeal of this guy. I think he is a screecher. I don't think he sings that well.

I don't see the stage presence that some have said he has. I just see some guy leering into the camera.

What he did to Satisfaction was horrendous. The song last night was pretty bad to begin with, but his spin on it made my ears bleed.

I just don't get it.

"RE: Help me here! What am I missing?"
Posted by Glow on 03-11-09 at 12:48 PM
If you don't like his singing, you have different taste. There are bunches of people who don't. His vocal styling isn't necessarily my cuppa, or at least it hasn't been in the past, but I can recognize that he has crazy insane range.

But.

hmmm. If you don't think he has stage presence... hmmm... I don't know what to say to that.

"RE: Help me here! What am I missing?"
Posted by Tazluli on 03-12-09 at 07:36 AM
Maybe stage presence was the wrong way to put it. You do notice him, but to me for the wrong reasons.

I guess as you say, different taste.

Posted by Quepea on 03-11-09 at 12:50 PM
Yes, my inside sources say he is a plant.

Posted by Snidget on 03-11-09 at 12:54 PM
That is nothing new.

His entertainment work history has been known since his name first got leaked last fall.

"Ring of Fire"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-18-09 at 08:11 AM
Brilliant, awful or indifferent?

I really liked a lot of it. It toned down his big Ethel Merman show business voice into something I could listen to. It was certainly unique, and he was awfully cute after the song was done because he knew it was either going to get him high praise or serious criticism.

I wasn't much of a fan before but during the quieter parts of the song I was very much liking his voice.

What did you think?

"RE: Ring of Fire"
Posted by grit on 03-18-09 at 08:15 AM
I wasn't getting the Adam love but last night changed my mind. The notes he hit - WOW! The control - WOW! I liked it a lot!

Posted by catsnotkids on 03-18-09 at 08:23 AM
ITA. The best performance I've ever seen on Idol. He made the rest of the contestants last night look like they were kindergartners while he's in the university.

Very impressive. The judges' reactions were disappointing to say the least.

Chris Daughtry didn't win AI either, and he was also clearly head and shoulders above his competitors in his season. Adam reminds me of Chris - he's ready for a record deal now. No need to wade through the coming weeks of the show - he's a top notch performer and could make it as a recording artist.

Posted by okaychatt on 03-18-09 at 08:19 AM
Last night's Ring of Fire was, to paraphrase a favorite Simon quote, "self indulgent", "pretentious", and "annoying". I fast forwarded after the first few phrases.

He has the same vibe about him as I got with Kat McPhee - totally fake and full of himself.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by Snidget on 03-18-09 at 08:22 AM
As I've said elsewhere. I'm a fan of surreal and weird so I loved it.

He's one of the few I think that have the vocal chops to pull off that kind of interpretation because it needs a lot of range and control and most of the AI people just are not cast for those sorts of things.

I'd rather see deliberate quirky weirdness than the sort of accidental I don't know what else to do with my self it just kinda leaks out when I can't control it twitchy dance we see from Megan.

Posted by mindy23 on 03-27-09 at 11:18 PM
So far, I think Adam has just gone from being 'really good' to being so far beyond any Idol Audioner in the past, at least, 5 seasons?? I would give exception to a few, namely Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, and a few others, who have made their names go on, long after Idol's season pulled up tent.

I honestly don't see how anyone else could possibly win this contest, based on talent alone. And he isn't smirky, cocky, or haughty by any means-that I have seen, anyway. Plus, I couldn't agree more about "Ring of Fire"-I loved the quirky rendidion, whether he came up with it or not, he pulled it off splendidly!!!

Posted by jbug on 03-18-09 at 09:44 AM
Simon tells it like it is. Adam was self indulgent & pretentious.
We all know Simon doesn't like Country music. & I said to DH at the beginning of the show that Simon should keep his opinions on country music to himself and critique the performances. Simon is seldom going to give praise to any country song. But he did realize that Adam did not make any fans in Tennessee.

& I agree with okaychatt: Adam was fake & full of himself.

The guy has a voice and knows how to re-arrange a song - whatever.
But? he could have some respect for the genre of music he was asked to perform. He showed no respect for country music. He said he has no intention of going to Nashville; that's fine - just don't make fun of or ridicule country music.

Personally I can't stand hard rock or rap. But I can appreciate a performer who does not normally sing a particular genre of music giving his/her all to a song.
Adam made a mockery of the song; and of how he feels about country music.

Just the opinion of one life-time country music fan.

Sliced Strait From the Heart

Posted by Glow on 03-18-09 at 09:45 AM

I loved it. I was truly tickled by it. And the more I listen to it, the more I love it.

Kara's "confused and happy" made me laugh so hard.

I'm pretty sure the version he found was Dilana's

Posted by Tahj on 03-18-09 at 10:24 AM
Glowie! I was thinking of you the entire time during Adam's song. I knew you were loving it. I could feel your orgasm.

I? loved it too. I thought it was terrific. What some call fake, indulgent, and full of himself, I call sheer genius and artistry. He is an artist and he's in his glory getting to display it.

I've come to the conclusion that he probably doesn't care if he wins, he just wants the exposure and he's got their attention.

What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there.

Randy was spot on. He. got. it. Simon? Did. not.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Glow on 03-18-09 at 10:49 AM
"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there."

Perfect. I think I'm going to use that as a tag.

I wouldn't say Randy was spot on. ugh. That man should stick to his ABDC show and step away from this one.

I think I've read that there will be no Idol Gives Back week. That bums me out because I won't get the chance to gloat when he cures everybody by letting them breathe his air and fixes everything that is wrong with everything everywhere.

"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there." - Tahj

Posted by Tahj on 03-18-09 at 11:43 AM
*Blush* Wow, you flatter me.

I guess I was just so glad to hear Randy praise what Adam was doing. That's what I mean by he got it. Adam certainly didn't sound like Trent Reznor, but I think what Randy said put Adam's performance in the right context.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Glow on 03-18-09 at 12:10 PM
I knew what you meant. I just wanted another chance to discuss how over Randy I am and how much I want him to just pay attention to that other show... as long as he doesn't appear until he brings out the trophy. (But hey, at least Hok got to be awesome and win a show. That makes me smile.)

But yes. I do know that you meant he appreciated what Adam was doing. And I guess, if I dig deep enough, I can appreciate him for that.

"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there." - Tahj

Posted by nailbone on 03-18-09 at 02:09 PM
My fave quote about Adam's performance:

"Why go halfway bad when you can go all-the-way crazy?"

Posted by vince3 on 03-18-09 at 09:55 AM
Twilight.Ring.Of.Fire

*has flashback shudders*

Posted by finallytyping on 03-18-09 at 11:32 AM
I really liked it. There was one part where he sounded so similar to the lead singer
of Muse and I love Muse. Ok, Muse fans don't flame me! It was just one part!

Posted by Glow on 03-18-09 at 12:04 PM
yes that. Muse. (I'm not a fan or a non-fan of Muse, fwiw. I guess if I was leaning, I'd lean heavily towards the fan side though.)

Seriously. Somebody needs to start talking about all the drugs Randy Jackson is on. Or how out of touch with today he is.

Posted by kingfish on 03-18-09 at 10:24 AM
After the 3/17 performance, I have to say that I was very impressed by the imagination and the daring it took to perform that song that way, and by his raw talent. And he pulled it off IMO, although at first I was sure he wasn't going to.

It’s as if he decided that come what may - screw the show - he just wasn’t going to perform a CW song. So he took a CW song and turned it into his own musical art form.

That was a performance that will be remembered.

Besides having outstanding vocal ability, he has shown himself to be an artist.

Still looks weird and off-putting, for me at least.

Posted by Glow on 03-19-09 at 08:55 AM
oh! When Randy said, "not a lot of people know that was Jeff Buckley's version of Ring of Fire" I went crazy because WHAT! I've never heard Jeff Buckley sing "Ring of Fire"! Try as I might, I couldn't find it. I just tried again and found this. So I guess what Randy was trying to say on Tuesday night, when he told Adam he sounded like Trent Reznor, what he actually meant was, Jeff Buckley (?). And yes, I can see Adam's incredible vocals being compared to the great Buckley (to an extent). And I suppose, in retrospect, I can understand why he said NIN. Because I suppose I could see Adam recording an NINish album. And also I guess I overreacted when Randy said "current" in relation to NIN because they do still put out music and people do still listen to it (myself included). Trent is extremely talented and totally relevant. So I'll take the comparison. It just sounded bizarre to me at first. Because when I think of what Adam would record, I think of electro-pop.
Pop Goes the Camera
Kiss and Tell

I've never had the opportunity to listen to music from The Citizen Vein though so that could be supremely different. And his voice allows him to pretty much do whatever kind of music he wants to.

I still want Randy to go away though.

Posted by sylvester on 03-19-09 at 09:50 PM
Dayum, I love this kid!

This is so strange. My musical taste, while a little eclectic, leans heavily to Southern rock. My previous faves on AI included Bo, Taylor, and even Bucky. I love them gravely voiced Southern boys.

Adam has nothing in common with what I normally like. I do believe he is insanely talented, mega interesting, and I really don't think I want to watch AI this season if he's not there.

That said, ITA with Glow about it being better for him if he doesn't win. They'll try to force him into some craptastic popified box he doesn't belong in, and it would be a disaster. *sigh*

Posted by mhdallas on 03-20-09 at 07:42 AM
I agree 110%! I also love Southern rock and still listen to Bo and Daughtry all the time. But there's something very compelling about Adam, besides just his incredibly talented vocal skills (not to understate those, though, because he definitely has one of the best voices I've ever heard.)
I love the fact that he does what he feels is right for him, regardless of anyone else's opinion (and who cares what Randy Travis thinks anyway? How relevant is he in the music industry nowadays? Besides, don't get me started on that horsey looking smile - what is WRONG with that man?)
Adam is original, wickedly talented, and smolders into the camera like no one I've ever seen. And maybe it's just me, but the first time he did so, I caught glimpses of Elvis coming through - something about his sensual sneer and those damn eyes. (And before any Elvis fanatics start screaming bloody murder, I'm not comparing Adam to him in any way, other than a few physical traits I noticed that may or may not have simply been tricks of the camera.)
Adam is unique and, in a contest that generally features generic singers, it's great to see someone who stands out. He's definitely one of those people that you either love or hate - compared to most of the others, who are so middle of the road that they'll be quickly forgotten after the show ends. I doubt anyone forgets Adam any time soon!

Posted by sylvester on 03-20-09 at 03:35 PM
"And maybe it's just me,
but the first time he
did so, I caught glimpses
of Elvis coming through -
something about his sensual sneer
and those damn eyes."

It's not just you.

Posted by Glow on 03-20-09 at 02:41 PM
"They'll try to force him into some craptastic popified box he doesn't belong in, and it would be a disaster."

It would be a disaster. I find myself trying to put him in a box somewhere too because that's what we do. Like, so and so doesn't like so and so because they're too country. That kind of thing. I too have extremely eclectic musical tastes. If I had to tell you where I lean, I'd say "alternative" rock... whatever that's supposed to mean. I listen to Octane and Alt Nation on Sirius (when I can even stand to listen to music on the radio... and I think that's ultimately why I love these shows, but that's a whole other post. All I want to do is cry or stick pencils through my eardrums when I listen to terrestrial radio).

I think really the only thing you can say Adam is, is eclectic. Because what he does is takes everything and puts it all together and makes it freaking amazing.

I could seriously watch this this on loop for days. We've never seen anything like this on American Idol. Who could have ever hoped to? This guy is a risk taker and he's brilliant. I love reading what everybody says about him. Good or bad. (It's that in between stuff that freaks me out.) Amazing.

If American Idol knew this is what they were giving us and he didn't do a 180 on them (and he doesn't end up doing a 180 on us), I will give them huge props.

Posted by zazzy on 03-22-09 at 11:24 AM
Ring of Fire: It wasn't my favorite song/arrangement-I don't care for the middle eastern sitar stuff...but the voice..the VOICE! His voice, his ease of climbing the notes up and up...is fabulous.

No doubt, if he is not the winner (and maybe even if he is the winner), he will be on Broadway within a couple of years in some big play. We will remember Adam long after the season is over.

He has a superlative voice that reminds me of some of the best rock voices from the rock and roll hey days. I'd love to hear him fronting a rock band and creating a new era of rock.

P.S. I thought Paula had the best comments for Adam of the four judges.

"Not enough pictures here"
Posted by Glow on 03-26-09 at 08:11 AM

I need to find those blue ones and purple ones again.

"RE: Not enough pictures here"
Posted by geekboy on 03-26-09 at 10:06 AM
OK, what he gained in credibility with me last night was completely lost with that last picture.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Posted by Glow on 03-26-09 at 10:24 AM
That's a shame. I'm sorry to hear that. Truly.

Could you explain why that is?

Posted by LFJ on 03-26-09 at 11:00 AM
I am trying to picture him as a talented child who got pimped around so much that he forgot who he was and what gifts he has been given.

If he doesn't look like Elvis, I don't know who does, besides Lisa Marie. I thought he was utterly adorable last night. And vulnerable. His vocals were amazing. I didn't care much for the material of his suit, either, but it fit the genre.

He and Allison were the stand outs for me. One of them has to be Idol.

Posted by Vickietoria on 03-26-09 at 04:35 PM
LFJ,

Instead of Elvis, how about Kurt Russell. Omg, the eyes and eye brows are identical! If you look at the recap on PrimeTV and pause it when they do the close up, it's Kurt Russell for sure!

I totally agree with you about Adam and Allison!

Posted by zazzy on 03-26-09 at 06:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-09 AT 06:07 PM (EST)

Geekboy,

Wondering what you think of:

Dustin Hoffman
Robin Williams
Tony Curtis
Jack Lemmon
Milton Berle
Martin Lawrence
Tyler Perry
Jerry Lewis
Mel Gibson
Rudy Giuliani
Eddie Murphy
and tons of other SNL players

...those are just a few famous men that I can think of who have dressed as women. There are probably lots that I am leaving out.

ETA: For those who have not seen it, here's the clip of Rudy G dressed in drag with Donald Trump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

Posted by DoodleBug on 03-26-09 at 01:47 PM
I'm with geekboy. That last picture is what I don't get about Adam or ANY guy who dresses like that, for that matter. I'm not a fan of Freddie Mercury or David Bowie - but I'll listen to their music. Seeing that is just a big turn off for me. I can, however, appreciate the music, the artistry, and the talent.

Posted by Glow on 03-26-09 at 02:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-09 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

"That last picture is what I don't get about Adam"

"I can, however, appreciate the music, the artistry, and the talent."

I take your comment differently than I take geekboy's ("what he gained in credibility with me last night was completely lost with that last picture" ~ which I found a bit offensive). It doesn't sound like you're "with" him at all really. You don't get it (boys dressing like girls, right?) but you can appreciate everything else. I shudder to think how offended he would be if somebody were to come in here and post some of the other pictures. He was dressed like that for a show of some sort (or perhaps it was Halloween). It's not like he walks around like that. Just like I'm sure he doesn't walk around wearing a shiny Motown suit with greasy, slicked back hair. But so what if he did? Seriously.

Thankfully it is my time to leave for the day.

Posted by geekboy on 03-27-09 at 03:01 PM
After posting my comment and walking away, i thought to myself "I probably should not have possted that comment. Will I regret it?"

If i offended anyone, i apologize.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Posted by zazzy on 03-26-09 at 06:09 PM
Doodlebug, have you seen any of the Tyler Perry "Madea" movies or watched Eddie Murphy in one of his roles impersonating a woman? What about Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire or Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie?

Posted by DoodleBug on 03-30-09 at 03:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-09 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

Well sure I have. I guess I (and possibly others) would appreciate context along with the pictures. For me, there is a difference when a man dresses like a woman for a role as opposed to dressing like that in a night club. KWIM? Is there anything wrong with it? No, but it's not my cup of tea.

ETA: After thinking about this and reading comments... Adam is a theatre guy so I guess it is very likely he was dressed like that for a role.

Posted by mtb002 on 03-26-09 at 10:36 PM
I'm going to throw my 2 cents in, just because it's middle ground. The make up in the last pic is haute couture (sp?). I don't like HC on anyone, male or female. I think it hides peoples faces who don't need hiding. I appreciate it as part of performance art, however, so I roll with it. I actually don't have a problem with Adam using eyeliner to accentuate those fabulous eyes, it also helps his cheekbones look sharper. With his hair swept back sans liner, all I could look at was his forehead. Not that he looked bad, but he knows how to play up his best features. As for the outfit in the last pic, the only thing I was truly bothered by were the platforms and that he looked too darn skinny.

"Kurt Comparison"
Posted by Maroonclown on 03-27-09 at 11:42 AM
Clearly he looks like Kurt but oddly enough he looks more like Kurt when Kurt did Elvis.

Although I dug this photo up.

"RE: Kurt RUSSELL Comparison"
Posted by Glow on 03-27-09 at 12:29 PM
GAH! Your subject line scared the bejeebus out of me! I love Adam and all but when somebody says "Kurt" I do not think of Russell. I am still catching my breath.

But yes. I can see the comparisons.

another JSlice masterpiece

"RE: Kurt Comparison"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 03-30-09 at 02:43 PM
Here's Kurt as Elvis as Adam as Kurt as Elvis as....

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

Posted by zazzy on 03-29-09 at 01:05 PM
Here's an iphone confessional video--Adam discusses what he wants in his career:

http://topidol.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/adam-lambert-confessional-iphone-exclusive/

Posted by DoodleBug on 03-30-09 at 04:10 PM
Thanks for that!!

"So"
Posted by zombiebaby on 03-31-09 at 02:26 PM
I was all ready to hate the guy. Appearing IMO as a poser and someone so full of himself and really not the real deal, as many above have mentioned. I thought he would be good too. So he would not fit in my cheesy, entertaining to root for category a la Sanjaya.

I stand completely corrected. He certainly does not belong on AI, too bad Rock Star is off. He is so far and above better than any contestant there is.

Do I dig his wardrobe choices? Not always but sometimes yes. Not important. I feel the same way about Elton John, Freddie Mercury, Peter Gabriel, David Bowie etc. It is just the way they are. Posing? Maybe but mostly for themselves I believe.

So now I have someone to look forward to who is not only entertaining but also has the talent to sustain it. I absolutely adored Ring of Fire.

Moulin Rouge here he comes!

You've been hotpocketed!

"RE: So"
Posted by Glow on 04-01-09 at 07:33 AM
Great post, zbaby. He has that way of pulling people in. I LOVE that.

"Play That Funky Music White Boy"
Posted by vince3 on 04-01-09 at 08:58 AM
I was excited to see that he sung that song when I checked in to the AI ECST after DWTS last night. After viewing the YouTube of it (enduring their April Fool's joke...) I can finally say that he's made up for the Twilight Ring of Fire

"RE: Play That Funky Music White Boy"
Posted by zazzy on 04-03-09 at 12:50 PM
What was their April Fool's joke?

"RE: Play That Funky Music White Boy"
Posted by vince3 on 04-03-09 at 05:58 PM
Youtube flipped their layout upside down. I endured it for a few videos that day, but I eventually had to hit the "give me the old version" link.

Posted by Glow on 04-02-09 at 11:19 AM
I felt worse for Kris, Adam and Allison when Megan was voted off than I felt for Megan. They looked so sad (well, I couldn't really see Allison but I would imagine she looked as sad as Kris and Adam did if not more so).

Posted by vince3 on 04-02-09 at 11:31 AM
That's because the Fun Bunch is down a member.....

"Do you think Adam truly wants to win Idol?"
Posted by geekboy on 04-06-09 at 09:48 AM
New topic for you Lambert-heads out there.

Do you think a person like Adam, with his broadway background, all his eccentricities, his showmanship, and so on....

Do you think he really wants to win American Idol? Or do you think he wants to ride this to perhaps the top 4?

Side question - would Adam benefit more from winning Idol, or from NOT winning Idol?

The boy does raise a truckload of questions.

geekboy

"RE: Do you think Adam truly wants to win Idol?"
Posted by vince3 on 04-06-09 at 09:55 AM
He might've when he auditioned (planted?), but he now realizes that he probably doesn't want to be under Simon's thumb and record label as the champion now..... Therefore, he'll ride it as long as he can, and if he still happens to win, so be it.

He would benefit more if he did not win AI. He could sign with the label that fits him perfectly, do the Broadway shows that he wants to do (after the AI Tour, of course) and not have to worry about Simon's production company constantly trying to mold him.

"RE: Do you think Adam truly wants to win Idol?"
Posted by zazzy on 04-06-09 at 12:04 PM
Look at the video clip in post #74.

Yes, he wants to win. He seems to know exactly what he is doing being on the show.

Yes, he would benefit more by winning, fame/$ wise. Happiness wise--that's another question.

Is David Cook better off from winning? Yes, he compared it to his pre idol album and how hard that was to sell.

Is David Cook happy? I don't know, but the cloying fans are getting to him--he posted a "back off" message on his site.

Apparently one or more fans attached a GPS tracker to his bus; they try to call or get to his hotel room, etc. (And how does this differ from other popular rock groups that have cloying fans? Don't know.).

Looking at Melinda doing a "spring break" tour with other former idols...it's probably better to win; spend the time with the cloying fans; put the $$ away and in a few years do what you want.

"*tosses pillows*"
Posted by Snidget on 04-07-09 at 10:12 AM
That's all the ones from vince's DWTS thread last night.

that is not nearly enough.

*tosses even more pillows*

That should do.

Found on a thread on the main AI site forum

Ok guys and girls, you ready for it?

You sure?

Really really sure?

"RE: *tosses pillows*"
Posted by vince3 on 04-07-09 at 10:24 AM
Phil's golf equipment has a rival!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 04-07-09 at 10:25 AM
Where's Agman when you need him? That would make a great Idol sigpic for someone .

Posted by Glow on 04-07-09 at 11:10 AM
Nice ummm... whip you got there, Adam.

Posted by Glow on 04-08-09 at 11:18 AM
Was "Mad World" better than "Tracks of My Tears"? My answer is yes but I'm not sure if that's partly because I love the song... and because of the Welcome to Adam's Magicland! lighting.

Posted by mtb002 on 04-08-09 at 02:01 PM
He certainly looked better for Mad World. I didn't understand why he was all in white until I saw his lighting. On a technical level, that last note of Mad World bothers me. Some of his OTT fans are trying to throw out there that he did that on purpose and that it's "progressive." On the other hand, most soft falsetto is off, I'm just not used to it from him. We'll find out when the studio version is released. His stage presence/performance was certainly more artistic for Mad World. Can't I treat them like my kids? I love them both equally for different reasons.

Posted by Glow on 04-08-09 at 02:35 PM
Is anybody technically perfect at all times? I was too blown away to notice any mistakes. I know that I LOVED how he said "nervous" (went to school and I was very). It was really powerful. Seemed like there was something more there. The whole performance gave me chills.

"Can't I treat them like my kids? I love them both equally for different reasons."

Yes, you can. Absolutely.

Posted by zazzy on 04-08-09 at 02:41 PM
What if Adam is so ahead of the game that he throws a note, on purpose, so that he has a higher performance place to go to later, as in "perfect"? Dunno, just thinking out loud. Seemed odd for him to blow the note at the end...

Posted by mtb002 on 04-08-09 at 05:59 PM
Technically perfect singers don't make it far on idol, but he's usually so careful of his falsetto because he knows as well as we do that mistakes in that register stick out like a sore thumb. He's had a few notes here and there that were a little suspect, but he was almost a full half step sharp. I've said in a couple of other threads that the degree of difficulty on that song is insane, so I don't dislike the performance because of 1 sour note, I'm just not used to him missing that badly. Thats why I want to hear the studio version, although I suspect it will be like the rehearsal version they showed during the recap. I had to buy the video version, and after listening to it more times today than I will ever admit to publicly, it sounds like he was going to embelish the note and changed his mind a split second too late. Or maybe he just missed.

Posted by zazzy on 04-08-09 at 09:26 PM
I heard Adam's song on the radio this evening before the show...people were calling in and asking for it to be played because their dvr's cut off his performance.

So, think of the PR Adam is getting for this because people are seeking out the performance!

It's all Adam, I mean it's all good.

Posted by mhdallas on 04-09-09 at 07:55 AM
lol - I like that! Adam's Magicland - now there's a theme park that would be fun to visit!
Anyway, I love both of those songs - to me, they're equally brilliant (actually, I think everything he's done so far has been brilliant). I hadn't heard that song before (not a big Tears for Fears fan), so it was like hearing something completely original to me, and I about fell out of my chair. (Some of those lyrics gave me chills.)

His note at the end was simply stunning, like a lot of reviewers have said. I don't see how it was 'flawed' - I just heard an incredibly well-trained voice reaching a high note that very few singers could do. Bravo, Adam! (I downloaded this immediately and have played it several times since - and I still love this high note if for no other reason than the incredible control it takes to make it.)

I can't wait to see what he's going to do next!

Posted by zazzy on 04-12-09 at 08:36 PM
Adamania is taking hold.

Check out some of the comments on this Newsday article:

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/music/idol/blog/2009/04/adam_lamberts_mad_world_loved.html

Posted by Glow on 04-23-09 at 08:39 AM
"If I Can't Have You" might be my favorite performance from him. It has been going through my head practically nonstop. I have rewatched it so many times and every time I do, it gets better. Every.time. I was telling my husband I could watch it over and over again but I'm afraid my head would explode. My favorite parts are the "want" in "I don't want nobody, baby" and... oh man, who am I kidding? I can't break down the entire song right now (maybe later, when I can rewatch it again). I love how he goes into the screams and then comes right back down. It's amazing. It truly gets better every time for me. Or at least it has so far.

Posted by nailbone on 04-23-09 at 04:37 PM
I'd be disgusted by your slobbering, 'cept that I agree with you.

"Why go halfway bad when you can go all-the-way crazy?" - RNO

Posted by zazzy on 04-23-09 at 05:23 PM
I had never seen this before--an interview with Adam at top 36:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E02PzCY1bMM&feature=related

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 04-23-09 at 05:48 PM
Thanks for that zazz. He's beautiful, intelligent, articulate and oh so talented. This is one Idol I don't mind being shoved down my throat, so to speak .

Posted by zazzy on 04-23-09 at 07:45 PM
Adam, 2005 sings in Hebrew:

"Back in 2005, Lambert sang "Shir Lashalom" -- the song Yitzhak Rabin sang just before he was killed -- at a Yitzhak Rabin tribute concert."

http://tinyurl.com/d563au

They switch to English part way through.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 04-30-09 at 06:41 PM
I absolutely do not get the popularity of this guy- I think he is creepy and screechy

Syren 2007

Posted by mtb002 on 05-01-09 at 10:05 AM
I'm sure I won't be the last to reply to this. To me, his appeal lies in his incredible range and his command of that range. He does things with his voice that are very difficult and it's obvious he works very hard. The kinds of things he does don't just come naturally. So even when I wouldn't necessarily like some of his performance choices artistically, I can always appreciate the technical skill it took to perform it. Plus his stage presence is astounding. Very comfortable, never rattled, very sexy. The only critique I have is that his performance have all been very literal to date. I'd like to see some irony/juxtaposition in his choices. That may also make the performances less theatrical, if he's so inclined. But trying to do that in 2 minutes may be more trouble than it's worth and may get lost in TV translation.

Posted by Snidget on 05-01-09 at 10:38 AM
I don't find him any creepier than Danny or Matt. It is a different sort of creepy, but I also see a lot of gratitude for the band and a lot of other qualities, and I actually kind of find his brand of weirdness attractive when other kinds of weirdness to turn me off..

A lot of it is a matter of taste. Some people find Gokey's growling screams sexy, I don't. I also never like the melismatic over-vibratoed type of stuff Matt does. For some reason I kinda liked it when Von did it, but it was so over the top that it was entertaining rather than just hurting my ears.

I agree that what Adam does with his voice and range takes a lot of work, and that he can do that technical stuff while putting on a performance takes a lot of mastery, especially when under pressure. I may not always like everything in a performance, but I do appreciate how much thought and planning goes behind it. He has the same number of hours the rest of them have and he always pulls together a polished performance when most people most weeks seem to have a lot of struggle with doing that.

Posted by Glow on 05-01-09 at 11:10 AM
I don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said. Adam is probably the epitome of you get it or you don't.

I find Adam completely captivating. He’s charming without trying to be. He has this way about him that makes you believe him. Even though you know he’s theatrical and affected, he is somehow still real and totally unaffected. He doesn’t have to put these wild antics into his performances but he does anyway because that’s who he is. Simon told Randy something along the lines of asking Adam not to be theatrical is like asking a cow not to moo. Maybe at some point in his life, while he was becoming Adam, he came across as fake but he certainly doesn’t now. But probably not. It’s more maybe just like a child learns to talk or a calf learns to moo, Adam learned to do what he does and it’s just him now. You have no idea what he’s going to do. You don’t know what to expect because what ends up happening is never what you expected. And it’s always amazing. If you don’t like to look at him or can’t take your eyes off of him, the undeniable fact is that he does things with his voice that are mesmerizing. If you just stop thinking about it or analyzing what he’s doing, if you just listen, it’s beautiful. It’s always beautiful. He’s wonderful to the point of it doesn’t even matter if he’s actually good at what he does because he is so in tune with himself. He knows exactly who he is. He knows exactly what he’s doing and thankfully, for those of us who appreciate him, he’s completely brilliant at it. Adam is Adam. And, no matter how hard I try, there’s not really a way to describe that.

Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-05-09 at 01:51 AM

Adam is Adam. And, no matter how hard I try, there’s not
really a way to describe that.

I think you just did. And did it brilliantly. I have never enjoyed any Idol performer as much as Adam. He leaves me smiling and speechless. And I don't care which gender he prefers, he's sexy to both.

Posted by Glow on 05-05-09 at 07:27 AM
Well thank you.

Yep, smiling and speechless and eager to see what's next.

fingers crossed for the speedy return of myTanger

Posted by geekboy on 05-01-09 at 12:40 PM
Hi all.

I've done my share of 'Adam bashing' on this board. Wednesday night while watching the return of Taylor Hicks to Idol, I came to a realization that i want to share.

Back in Season 5 when Taylor Hicks first auditioned, i was mesmerized by his vocals, his performance, and just him being him. I backed this guy from day one and took a lot of heat on this board because some people 'just didn't get' Taylor. What i saw was a guy that lived and breathed this music. It was a part of him from birth, and he just had this natural soul that came through effortlessly when he sang. He became one with the music and his performance and i just loved it.

I can understand how some people see Adam as just like that, even though I don't 'get him'. Taylor was, and still is, just as polarizing as Adam seems to be. Even though i don't get him and his fanbase, i can relate because i was in that boat for Season 5.

A big part of me is rooting for one of the other three to win, but there is a part me of that remembers season 5 and how much i became emotionally attached to Taylor. For all his fans, i will be happy if he pulls it off.

geekboy

Posted by zazzy on 05-02-09 at 02:02 PM
Well said. This whole discussion, in fact, well said!

"Simon says"
Posted by Loree on 05-05-09 at 08:33 AM
Simon is on The Ellen Show today. She asked him who he thinks "should" win. Simon's answer was Adam. He says anyone of the final 4 could win. But for many reasons he describes that Adam should be the winner.

"Cover of EW - May 15th issue"
Posted by DoodleBug on 05-07-09 at 12:23 PM

"RE: Cover of EW - May 15th issue"
Posted by zazzy on 05-07-09 at 02:35 PM
Congratulations, Adam! Nice covershot.

Does Todd E still think Adam's fat?

"RE: Cover of EW - May 15th issue"
Posted by mtb002 on 05-07-09 at 09:44 PM
Anyone else notice the "Angels and Demons" and Hollywood goes back to Church right next to his face? I'm surprised they don't have a pic of Gokey or Kris on the front just to really bring it home. I do realize that Angels and Demons is not actually Church friendly, but it's just the placement and wording.

Posted by zazzy on 05-10-09 at 07:22 AM
Adam, circa 2000, singing at his high school graduation. He's 18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7bA6rhKvc&fmt=18

Yes, that's Adam!

If you want classic Adam, fast forward to around 2:50 and wait for it.

Posted by Buggy on 05-11-09 at 07:15 AM
Radio interview from his home visit.

Really nice interview, he seems grounded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5UlANGdp-w&feature=related

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-11-09 at 11:17 AM
Very cool! Thanks for posting. Great interview.

Man, I can't get enough of this stuff.

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-11-09 at 11:08 AM
That is so surreal! I know it's Adam because of the vocals. I like the jet black hair better.

Posted by Tahj on 05-13-09 at 12:55 PM
Blond and pudgy. So cute! It's hard to remember that Adam is really a natural blond. Wonder if he'll ever go back to it.

It's a Tribe!

"Opera critics review Adam"
Posted by Snidget on 05-13-09 at 07:30 AM
link

"RE: Opera critics review Adam"
Posted by zazzy on 05-13-09 at 12:38 PM
What a terrific article! If only the judges could give a review that's even close to what some of these people were saying--for example:

" Adam’s diction in this song is impeccable, something that’s the hallmark of a great singer in any genre (Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald come to mind, but also Renee Fleming and Bryn Terfel).

That ability helps him to bend syllables and color certain words, making the communication of the overall song a joy to experience.

He seems as if he’s improvising his embellishments (”licks”) on the spot; it doesn’t matter if they’re plotted within an inch of their lives. He makes it seem completely fresh which, after all, is the whole point. The phrasing makes me realize that he knows this song from the inside and is letting us in on the secret of the song, giving us some precious insight that only he might have known before.

The register breaks in his falsetto are masterfully covered so that everything sounds seamless and perfectly legato. A wonderful, engaging and touching performance."

Posted by Glow on 05-21-09 at 03:28 PM
I just now realized that I have no idea what I am going to do without Adam on my television every week (twice). Just now.

*sigh*

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-22-09 at 09:41 AM
I agree with the sigh, I'm going to miss him. And Kris too.

Maybe he and Kris should host a variety show. Glamrock and Rocklite, battle of the bands style.

04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

Posted by Glow on 05-29-09 at 01:53 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-american-idol-runner-up-adam-lambert-coming-out-in-magazine-9048.php

"I don't think that Adam was ever 'in' so I'm not... you know, I think he was always openly out," DioGardi told The View host Barbara Walters during the interview, which aired on Friday's broadcast of the ABC daytime show.

LOL

Also, I found this somewhere at some point and liked it.

Posted by zazzy on 05-29-09 at 02:20 PM
Someone posted this at mjsbigblog--

http://profiles.friendster.com/3761487

Posted by nailbone on 06-01-09 at 05:16 PM
Fergie looks so hot...from the neck down.

Posted by byoffer on 06-05-09 at 08:50 AM
Fergie has never been attractive to me. Something about her is... I'm not sure the word. Skeevy? Sort of like Courtney Love. To be honest Angelina Jolie is usually on that same list for me.

Posted by mhdallas on 06-08-09 at 07:55 AM
Adam and Kiss

Oh yeah - Adam's going to be just fine. I've got to admit that even I was surprised by this article:

Adam Lambert Tour With KISS, Needs Armor
American Idol runner up Adam Lambert has been offered the chance to join rockers KISS on tour. Lambert, who came second to Kris Allen on Wednesday night’s finale, has a big fan in Gene Simmons, who has welcomed the pop sensation on tour with him.

Many that watched the show believed that the highlight performance of the finale was the pairing of Lambert with the legendary rock band and Simmons, a marketing mastermind seemed to love the idea of working with the singer in the future.

“Adam was fantastic,” the KISS frontman told a nightly entertainment show. “What a powerful and attractive man he is.” And the legendary axe man admitted he could see Lambert rocking out with his band.

Simmons said: “He can come on tour whenever he’d like. Of course he’d have to put his armour on because the fans, especially the KISS fans, take no prisoners. You gotta go big. Gotta be strong. You gotta be a rock, baby!” And Lambert, 27, has already responded to Simmons’ offer. He said: “That would be amazing … I would love that.”

Posted by mhdallas on 06-08-09 at 07:58 AM
And he's already getting awards, too...

Adam Lambert Was Spotted In Young Hollywood Awards 2009
Posted June 8th, 2009 by fashiongossip
Adam Lambert, who was previously sparked diva rumors, appeared to sport a quite stand-out suit at Hollywood Life’s 11th Annual Young Hollywood Awards held at The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage on Sunday (June 7) in Santa Monica, California.

The 27-year-old American Idol alum picked up YH Artist of the Year and was presented by Idol judge Kara DioGuardi.
The ceremony recognized the outstanding accomplishments of emerging artists and showcased the future of Hollywood’s best and brightest.
Naturi Naughton performed a song from the upcoming film Fame and guests enjoyed spinning by DJ AM.
Meanwhile, Ryan and Conan talk about Adam Lambert and how he should have won American Idol. “If people didn’t vote for the singing, that’s a shame,” said Ryan. However, he thinks both Adam Lambert and Kris Allen will have fantastic careers ahead of them.

Posted by zazzy on 06-11-09 at 09:20 AM
Interesting article, thanks for posting. What I first read from Gene Simmons was he was dissing Adam saying he didn't have a rock voice or something like that. Seems Gene woke up and decided to get back on the bandwagon. Maybe after he read all the buzz their band got by performing on AI. With Adam. Who was perfectly comfortable in his own 8 inch platform boots.

(Read that Gene or someone in the band kept warning Adam that the boots would be difficult to wear, etc. Adam informed them he owned his own 8 inch platforms and had worn them ... many times! ).

Posted by zazzy on 06-11-09 at 02:53 PM
Speaking of Gene Simmons--he's back to being critical of Adam--today at MJ's is this article:

http://mjsbigblog.com/gene-simmons-tells-adam-lambert-to-shut-up.htm

Posted by Tahj on 06-12-09 at 01:45 PM
What an asshat and hypocrite Gene Simmons is.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by nailbone on 06-08-09 at 11:35 AM
Skeevy? Sort of like Courtney Love. To be honest Angelina Jolie is usually on that same list for me.

Exactly. On all counts.

Posted by mhdallas on 06-12-09 at 01:38 PM
I love this first post now - "He's not getting as much face time as some of the others."

My, how times have changed...