URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 864
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 7 Team Nicknames - Let the bashing begin"

Posted by mikey on 02-09-05 at 02:06 PM
Now that we have the TAR 7 website up with team names and prerace videos, I found the one by the mother and son team amusing. They had some good nicknames for some of the other teams (before they were alowed to know anyone's names) -- Wayne and Garth, Dancer and Prancer.

Add your team nicknames here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 7 Team Nicknames - Let the bashing begin"
Posted by Estee on 02-09-05 at 03:11 PM
Megan & Heidi: Team Dodo. (How do you get on TAR if you're afraid to fly?)

Alex & Lynn: Team PTC. (Six million Emails incoming!)

Meredith & Gretchen: Team Doomed. (The senior team is always Team Doomed.)

Susan & Patrick: Team Heckboy. (No explanation necessary.)

Uchenna & Joyce: Team Inconceivable.

Posted by Flairmarq on 02-09-05 at 03:26 PM
Team Another 15 minutes--Rob and Amber

Team MLYB (Mother likes you better)--Brian and Greg

Team Hottie--Debbie Blanca

Team West Hollywood--Lynn and Alex

Team Simple Life--Megan and Heidi

Team AARP--Meredith and Gretchen

Team Cradle Robber--Ray and Deana

Team Gung Ho--Ron and Kelly

Team Redneck--Ryan and Chuck

Team Momma's Boy--Susan and Patrick

Team Tolken--Uchenna and Joyce (not to be racists, but they always have a black couple--never two or three, just one)

Posted by daddy brian on 02-09-05 at 05:42 PM
Nice list,Flairmarq!

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 02-13-05 at 02:12 AM
You're obviously forgetting Lenny/Karyn and Frank/Margarita (season 1)... and Tramel/Talicia and Andre/Damon (season 3) and Deidre/Hillary and Shola/Doyin (season 2).

Also, Bianca gives me much more of a Paris Hilton vibe than Megan/Heidi

Posted by Surveysez on 03-02-05 at 11:27 AM
Uchenna & Joyce: Team Inconceivable.

Love this name. But am I just getting old? I did not feel any need to know of their invitro attempts and considered that WAY TMI. What they use the money for if they win is their own choice then.

I child proofed my house and they still get in.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 02-18-05 at 12:08 PM
Finally got around to watching these.

Brian and Greg: Team U-Haul (along for the ride).

Romber - Team We Pay Our Agent Well. You speak English, Rob?

Ray and Deana - Team Lori and Bolo After Slim-Fast (although he could be Son of Jonathan).

Megan and Heidi - Team Paradise Island (they look like extras from the original Wonder Woman movie).

Debbie and Bianca - Team We Want To Be Taken Seriously, Which Is Why We're Showing You So Much Cleavage.

Meredith and Gretchen - Team Not Another Confusing Male-Female Name. Aside from the fact that they have No.Chance.In.Hades.

Lynn and Alex - Team Rerun. I definitely hear Guido and Chreichen elements. Not that none of the other teams don't have familiar elements also. (Who are "the Republicans"? R&K?)

Ron and Kelly - Team Hero and Dead Weight. It's not a good thing to admit that flying wears you out, Kelly; you're going to do a lot of it! Or, not much of it.

Ryan and Chuck - Team We Don't Speak English Either. If they last past three legs, I'll be surprised. It's like two Mary Adams and no Rebecker.

Susan and Patrick - Team Oedipus. When my mom was that age, I was about 12. Funny thing is, she wore the same style of glasses shortly before. The dynamic between these two is very strange. I know Patrick said he's gay, but if they were at the salt lake in Senegal, I can almost hear him saying Jon's line about Kris, "She's doing great, and she looks great doing it!"

Uchenna and Joyce - Team We Hope We're The Next Chip And Kim.

Best bets for Final Four: Lynn/Alex, Ron/Kelly (I predict he'll drag her), Ray/Deana, and (grr) Romber.

One funny thing I'm noticing: most of the racers are trying the Kris/Jon approach of "We'll enjoy the scenery." Well, that's nice...but it is a race, you know. And even with their error on the last leg of TAR 6, K/J never lost sight of that fact...they just didn't remind us every other second

I could never race with my mom. Even if she were younger, we'd kill each other by the first Roadblock.

"Team Nicknames "
Posted by trigirl on 03-02-05 at 11:17 AM
Debbie and Bianca - Team Lipstick. Don't think they are, but the DAWs think it'll make for good tv.

"RE: Team Nicknames "
Posted by BriarRosie on 03-02-05 at 01:42 PM
I agree with your assessment about Team Lipstick. They
sure give that impression. One of the brothers noticed
it at LAX.

I'm not liking these girls simply because they didn't need
to mislead teams during the beach sand pile task. That'll
get them yielded down the road if they keep doing that.

I picked them as my villain team.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-02-05 at 11:46 AM
Team POW/WOW - Ron was a POW and Kelly was a beauty queen. Team Boring might be more apt judging on their first episode.

Team Hick or Team Hillbilly - Ryan and Chuck

Team Happy Boys - Lynn/Alex, taking from what one of the other contestants called them.

Scratch and sniff

Posted by Karchita on 03-02-05 at 12:49 PM
Ryan and Chuck - Team Blubbering Bubbas

Posted by kgswifty on 03-04-05 at 10:04 AM
First off I would like to say that I find myself actually liking almost all of these teams. No Colin/Christine, A**hole/Victoria, bubble-headed models, racist bimbets. Of course we have only seen one episode there is still plenty of time.

Brian and Greg: Team Bash Brothers (from the Mighty Duck movies).

Romber - Team Wicked Pissah (may have to be from Boston to get that one).

Ray and Deana - Team Drama (Ray creating stress when there is none ala Colin).

Megan and Heidi - Team Bimbo (if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...).

Debbie and Bianca - Team Elvis (what is up with Debbie'e shades??).

Meredith and Gretchen - Team Been There Done That (will be gamers for a few episodes but soon drummed out).....of course I also want to give Gretchen credit for the best line of the first episode "so this is what the young people call a wedgie !!"

Lynn and Alex - Team Birdcage. (Nathan Lane will plan Lynn in the TAR movie).

Ron and Kelly - Team Baghdad (don't want to bash a Gulf vet and former POW but if every episode is going to include a refernce to how every city/event reminds him of Iraq it will wear thin quickly).

Ryan and Chuck - Team Mayberry. (Came off like Barney and Andy in fat suits...I actually liked these guys and hate to see them go so quick...could have been good for comic relief) .

Susan and Patrick - Team Adam's Wet Dream (It is like Mary Adam is back but this time he actually has his mommy instead of someone filling in for her).

Uchenna and Joyce - Team Immaterial (just don't see them as very interesting or especially efficient (ala Jon and Kris). They won't be around long.)

"Meredith & Gretchen = Team CYE"
Posted by IceCat on 03-04-05 at 12:01 PM

Meredith & Gretchen = Team Curb Your Enthusiasm

Esp. when he's wearing the blue ball cap

"RE: Meredith & Gretchen = Team CYE"
Posted by MTommy on 03-04-05 at 03:30 PM
You have my vote.

That's a great show too, is season 5 comming soon?

Posted by Das Mole on 03-07-05 at 05:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-05 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

I'll use the ever-popular acronym for most of these...but don't worry, I'll elaborate.

Brian and Greg - Team MWGLABAAMTTW - Team Maybe We'll Get Lucky And Be Another All-Male Team To Win
Romber - Team LUDITDAYSBOP - Team Look Up DAW In The Dictionary And You'll See Both Our Pictures
Ray and Deana - Team PDC - Team Psycho Dysfunctional Couple
Megan and Heidi - Team WLLWBIATNE - Team We Look Like We Belong In A Tree Named Earthchild
Debbie and Bianca - Team ALTLF - Team A Little Too "Lifelong Friend"-ly
Meredith and Gretchen - Team WJTTOCDMU - Team We're Just The Token Old Couple, Don't Mind Us
Lynn and Alex - Team PLAYNWY - Team People Laugh At You Not With You
Ron and Kelly - Team WSTBDGBASTPIASES - Team We're Supposed To Be Doing Good But Are Simply The Pawns In A Sick Editing Scheme
Ryan and Chuck - Team WSATR - Team We Sucked At This Race
Susan and Patrick - Team SMAEOGS - Team Strange Mom And Extremely Openly Gay Son
Uchenna and Joyce - Team WWALETBPATBTTTA - Team We Were Actually Lucky Enough To Be Picked As The Black Team This Time Around

Gotta love those acronyms.

Posted by SilverStar on 03-08-05 at 10:59 AM
Susan/Patrick-- Team Cut The Cord

Megan/Heidi-- Team Doublemint

Debbie/Bianca-- Team Closet (based purely on the speculation about their "relationship")

Ray/Deana-- Team Timebomb (he could blow at any time)

Rob/Amber-- Team DAW (really, is there any other way to describe them?)

Gretchen/Meredith-- Team Life Support or Team Gretchedith (mostly because it's fun to say, but also I still don't know who is who)

Syren? she awesome.

Posted by TARugh on 03-16-05 at 09:22 PM
BRIAN AND GREG - "TMT" The Massive Tools

DEBBIE AND BIANCA - Team "Como se dice eliminated?"

LYNN AND ALEX - Team "Rice-A-Roni" (The San Francisco Treat)

MEGAN AND HEIDI - Mry Kate and Ashley Olsen on Crack

MERIDETH AND GRETCHEN - Team "Be glad they're not your grandparents"

RAY AND DEANA - Team "Jon and Victoria revisited"

ROB and AMBER - Team "Savivah"

RON AND KELLY - Team "Sleeping Pill"

RYAN and CHUCK - Team "Mayonaise Sandwiches"

SUSAN AND PATRICK - Team "We Network"

UCHENNA AND JOYCE - Team "Token" (We HAVE to leave that one in)

God, give us a decent team!