URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8634
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S33 | State of the Spoiling | Ep 13 (or is it 12B?!): Slayed the Survivor Dragon"

Posted by michel2 on 12-06-16 at 11:39 PM

Welcome to the SOTS, the place where we gather all the information available before the start of the episode to determine who will see their torch snuffed and answer some deep existential questions such as who wins Reward and who gets immunity.

This week however, we have a problem.

Sheldor brought us the title:

"Slayed The Survivor Dragon"

We saw this episode before...Survivor is already going into reruns? I guess so.

This will be the episode where

Benji makes a splash entrance into the game. So, instead of trying to spoil the episode, all I have to do is bring you the play-by-play of that episode:

Back in those days, we weren’t relying only on the overworked FP to tell us what was happening, we had a whole bunch of collaborators and this is what they saw:

So there you have it, we get to “enjoy’ an episode with Coach, Tyson wins immunity and Joe gets medically evacuated.

My job here is done...wait? what did you say? There’s another Dragon Slayer? I don’t believe you. There can’t be another grown man going around saying that he’s a Dragon Slayer. Will? Yeah, I could see him saying that. He’s still a kid after all.

So, I really have to do this?

Ok, you asked for it, here goes:

When some guy who calls himself a reporter but probably hasn’t reported a real news worthy event in his life, wanted Jeff to tease us about this episode, our host said:

“We are getting down to the end, and next week we lose two people. I love/hate these episodes because I hate losing people, but I love having Two Tribals (sic!)and two votes. Then the following week, it’s our finale and it’s going to be great!”

If Jiffy hates these episodes, imagine the rest of us. I also hate the fact that Survivor has turned adjectives and verbs into nouns. But I digress. We can’t have a thread going off-topic, now can we?

The clues should help us greatly in determining which DAWS suddenly stop getting attention. This week, we have:

“It’s double the tribal councils as two castaways are sent home, and immunity is on the line in a classic game of Survivor pinball, on this season’s penultimate episode of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Dec. 7”

Great! This tells us that the challenge will crown a Pinball Wizard and that this episode falls on Pearl Harbor Day but for this SOTS it is pretty useless.

The Promos are a little bit more useful.

We learn that Will tries to take charge...

And he wants to go after David because, as we all know, Will is now in charge.

David, in order to give us some good misdirection, tells us that he has never felt more insecure than at this very moment.

(Really David? This will be worse than the other 33 days? I am starting to think that even Coach didn’t serve us as much BS as this guy.)

The Press Images give us some indications of the F8 immunity Challenge.

It appears that Bret, Jay and David are leading when they reach the last stage. Who wins? Let’s say Jay.

When they get back to camp, we learn that Adam has other ideas and he tells Bret that Will is gonna flip back and forth.

Then Adam tells us that he doesn’t want Will controlling his fate in the game.

And finally we have a picture of Will going up in flames.

So, guess what? Will is our first boot. Is it misdirection? Not with two episodes. They don’t really have to hide the first if they don’t give us a clue about the second.

All we know about the second episode come from a couple of Press Image where Sheldor notes that Ken and Adam are not in the same lane color as we saw in the first.

This insures they are safe at the first TC (which will blow if the vote is between one of them and someone else)

Ken looks really close to finishing that puzzle but we see that his second block from the top is wrong. Since Ken is dumb as a nail, he can’t win a puzzle IC. With Michelle, Zeke and Figgy out of the game, all the puzzle experts are gone so let’s give this one to David.

Who gets booted?

The best tool we have is FlowerPower’s confessional tracker and her analysis tells us that Will and Ken are at HIGH RISK. With Will leaving in episode one, then it’s Ken’s turn. If it turns out to be that way then we will have to tip our cap to FP.

So: 1st IC: Jay
1st Boot: Will
2nd IC: David
2nd Boot: Ken.

Now, go vote in CT Girl’s thread and don’t mess up this time (!)

PS. It's always fun to look back into the archives and remember some of our old friends.

PPS. Sorry Tribe, I know I promised "aimaizeboules" but this season is less than inspiring so I dropped the "boules".

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S33 | State of the Spoiling | Ep 13 (or is it 12B?!): Slayed the Survivor Dragon"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-07-16 at 10:29 AM
Michel, thanks so much for posting all of the posts of the past. I miss those people so much! Their sharp wit can only be matched by Tribe's. Thank GAWD that Tribe and his little side kick Coco, (well, maybe not Coco), are still around. But, I am very thankful for those of us that carry on! <3

Stellar SOTS, michel! I am on board. Will is going down, because Ken wins the IC. We see that Ken may know how to spell Gen X, but doesn't know how to spell millennials. Well, did any of us prior to the season? *snicker*

Ken is out as soon as he loses the IC. I think Jay could win both. Going to be PHUN no matter what! Let's roll!

Thanks so much,

Flo Po

"RE: S33 | State of the Spoiling | Ep 13 (or is it 12B?!): Slayed the Survivor Dragon"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-08-16 at 00:01 AM
Ditto comments made about your stellar SOTS, michel.
To boot, and for no other reason than holiday-spirited...

Prezzie!

As for the other comments FP made regarding wit, it's self-deprication talking but I am inspired and constantly kept to task by the lurking masterwits, both present and bygone. Those that remain, still need to be constantly impressed. So I press on.
Regardless, I thank you... All!!!

Despite a couple of foibles, and even more wrong answers, the SOTS remained phocused, thoughtphul, inphormational and phun throughout this current season.
Thank you to all the authors!

Posted by CTgirl on 12-07-16 at 01:01 PM
Merci pour le SOTS Michel! C'est merveilleux!

Thanks for the walk down memory lane too. It was fun seeing all the old names again.

Definitely on board with a Will boot. I think Bret might go next though; he was invisible last week as opposed to Ken's spike, so both are a good choice. Bret's in the minority so I don't think they'll vote out Ken yet, probably at F6. It would be great if David goes out second this week, that would clear the path for a millennial* to win.

*FloPo, I still don't know how to spell millennial. I swear it gets flagged everytime I write it, haha.

Posted by Sheldor on 12-07-16 at 02:08 PM
OUTSTANDING SOTS Michel! Thanks for the history lesson!