URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 863
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Cowboy?!?"

Posted by newsomewayne on 06-22-06 at 07:55 AM
I can't believe they asked Cowboy to be a part of All-Stars. Especially to pick Cowboy and leave out Marvin. Anybody but Cowboy.

Okay, I've told you who I think was a sucky nomination. You tell me who you thought was a bad choice and who you would replace them with.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Overall, though, I was happy with the nominations and am now off to vote.
What up, Kayser!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Cowboy?!?"
Posted by Estee on 06-22-06 at 08:28 AM
Well -- honestly, I thought nearly everyone was a bad choice. They're clearly not casting for playing skill: they're going for drama again -- and they're not going to make it. I already complained about our lack of ability to actually exclude anyone with this vote. (The short form: they've already picked twelve. Six of those are seen as fan favorites and will 'get in' on the vote. The other six will be stuck in to make the FF's lives miserable.) Given that, pick who you don't want to see, then brace yourself.

What I thought about individual nominations (keeping in mind that I'm not a longtime BB watcher and had to look some of these people up):

Alison: Oh, I get it. This is her official audition video for Survivor.

Bunky: We need a sensitive gay man with a moderately large fan base! And just to give you the illusion of free will, there's going to be a non-choice of two!

Dana: Who?

Danielle: Sure. As I understand it, she's a good player and one of the prime victims of producer tricks, ever: if the jury hadn't been shown her confessionals, she would have won the season. So let's give her a second chance and see how she'll get screwed this time.

Diane: Would like you to give your vote to Drew.

Erika: Gee, what's summer without a pointless bikini?

"Chicken" George: Was the first season going to sue for non-representation if they didn't get one person to be accidentally excluded from the house? Besides, he already got free college tuition for his entire family. That's worth more than the non-grand prize right there.

Howie: Good side: entertaining. Bad side: dumb. Very, very dumb. Mixed side: but somehow, he makes stupid into something charming... I guess I'd want him in there just to give me someone with a sense of humor, but that's also what Will is for, and the good doctor will play the game better. *shrugs* Dunno. He's no All-Star for skill, but if they give him a 'saber...

Ivette: Hard one for me. On the one hand, I get to reprise my Be The role, and Ivette's a great character to reuse. On the other, there's the whole Be The Sheep factor. Rumor says she's learned from her experiences, and she would play differently. But she never played the first time through -- she just followed.

James: Renaming the Golden Power Of James after him does not make him an All-Star. It just means the producers don't want to see the veto used this year.

Janelle: Okay, ten out of ten for tenacity, but zero out of several million for brains and basic math skills.

Jase: One Horseman is still enough for an apocalypse.

Kaysar: No. He's a surprisingly decent person for a reality show DAW, but he's too subject to being manipulated and doesn't have enough emotional control. Did you see that chat session with Will and Howie? Ye gawds. And get a spellchecker.

Lisa: A-duh?

Marcellas: This time, he'll win the entire thing, then not spend the money after someone asks him to just hold it for a while.

Michael (Cowboy): Yes, absolutely. Michael is an All-Star for his intelligence, insight, and gameplay. By the way, my real name is J.K. Rowling. Does anyone need a spare million?

Mike: Boogie is dead. Why won't he stop moving?

Monica: Dear America: we will work the 9/11 angle on every possible thing until you all choke and die. Sincerely: the media.

Nakomis: Maybe. Deserves something just for coming up with the no-escape six-finger strategy, but also deserves a house that's brother-free. They probably won't put in one without the other.

Will: Yes for gameplay, personality, and because Kaysar will try to kill him -- but as with the A.S.S. previous winners, will have the biggest target on his back and may go out first just out of group spite.

Posted by geg6 on 06-22-06 at 04:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-06 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

I knew my take would be closest to yours.

Will. That's all I care about. The doctor is in the house. No one, but no one else matters. The only thing that has kept me watching this train wreck of a show all this time is the off chance that another Will might show up.

The only other one I have any gameplay respect for is Nakomis. She's just not near the fun or eye candy that the fine physician is.

As for pure entertainment value? Other than Will? Well, I liked to laugh at Howie, Janelle, and Kaysar. Jase was pretty funny. I'd like to see what the mad doctor makes of him.

I'd rather be shot in one of my appendages every night the show airs than have to look at Cowboy ever again.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by nailbone on 06-23-06 at 09:35 AM
You say "pointless bikini" like there's something wrong with it.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by chipsyd on 06-26-06 at 05:10 PM
I love your insights on the candidates. Your post made me laugh, and its all so true

Posted by syren on 06-22-06 at 08:30 AM
I would have liked to have seen the other Will instead of Dr. Will.

And about Cowboy...ugh. I saw enough of his nakedness on the feeds last time. He was a follower, never made a choice for himself. So I am with you on Cowboy.

Voted already, and cannot wait...

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 06-22-06 at 09:54 AM
There are two cast members I REALLY want to see in.

Jase and COWBOY.

If they don't make it I don't watch.

I don't understnad the hatred for Cowboy. Seriously folks why do you hate him?

He was a very nice guy with manners. He formed an alliance that when in broke up he had to scramble to survive. He managed to work an alliance near the end. And it was Drew, Diane and Cowboy who made it to the final three. He was funny and a nice guy in my opinions. Seriously, how could people vote for people like Ivette, Dana and Allison for Cowboy?

Posted by Estee on 06-22-06 at 10:00 AM
Because the first quality I want to see in a prospective B.B.A.Stard is intelligence. Strike one.

Second quality: an intriguing personality. Strike two.

Third quality: gameplay. Back to the dugout.

Posted by syren on 06-22-06 at 10:22 AM
Did you watch the feeds?

Cowboy was naked more times than he was dressed on them. That I do not want to see again.

I also remember him having really no game play. He was Drews lacky. He did whatever Drew told him to do, and my personal opinion, if he would have voted out Drew instead of Diane, he would have won.

Posted by AugustGirl on 06-22-06 at 12:23 PM
Agree with everything Syren said. Cowboy was an idiot to keep Drew. Idiot.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

"I want Cowboy to return."
Posted by kingfish on 06-22-06 at 01:25 PM
I want Cowboy to return. Not because I'm in a delirious drunken stupor, but because but I think I can do "drooling idiot" in the Be the Hamster threads pretty well, if given the chance.

(OK, OK, I know... Y'all are jumping to your feet in the reflexive disbelief that I or anyone could possibly stretch god given acting talents THAT far.. but I believe in ME, dammit... I can DO it.)

"RE: I want Cowboy to return."
Posted by AugustGirl on 06-22-06 at 01:32 PM
Cowboy is as dumb as a box of rocks. It can't be that hard to play a box of rocks, can it?

Just say No to Cowboy!

Posted by Estee on 06-22-06 at 01:34 PM
It can't be that hard to play a box of rocks, can it?

No, but have you ever tried teaching one to cook?

Posted by kingfish on 06-22-06 at 02:18 PM
OK. Maybe it was the delirious drunken stupor afterall.

(Method acting..) I am the ROCK.. I AM the rock.. I am THE rock..

(work in progress)

actually, I am the guy who doesn't know what the hell method acting is anyway, but who doesn't let a little thing like that stop him.

Posted by brvnkrz on 06-22-06 at 09:51 PM
It isn't hard but I can tell you that it sure is tiring. *grin*

Raises fist in solidarity with sistah Augie.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 06-23-06 at 10:04 AM
As much as I hated Cowplop the first time around and agree that he is dumber than a bag of rocks, I think that it would be interesting to see him in the house for a several of reasons:

1. He is so dumb that he is not a threat to anybody --- and everybody knows it. So it will be interesting to see how long the people who actually know how to play the game will keep him around. I imagine that he will be allowed to ride coattails almost forever while anybody else who tried that strategy in the past will either change their strategy or be targeted and eliminated. Cowboy won't change his strategy at all ... but I bet it takes him far all the same.

2. I want to see how long it takes him to buddy up to Jase again. (C'mon, we all know that the producers will put Jase in there no matter what. He's an ass, but he makes for good TV.) How many smarter (and this is relative to Cowboy, not a measurement of actual intelligence), better looking, better built guys will Cowboy follow around like a puppy dog, trying to feel like he is part of that clique he could never join in high school, not realizing they still don't see him as belonging?

3. That gets us to the delusions of grandeur. Cowboy thought that his last appearance on Big Brother was going to jumpstart an "actoring" career. Just imagine what he thinks of himself now that he has been invited back as a potential All Star. That completely legitimates (in his mind) his "genius" and "popularity" from the last time. He lacks self-awareness so it will be fun to listen to him yammer on about all of it.

4. I want to see how he interacts with Nakomis if she makes it into the house. They apparently don't see much of each other and she really doesn't seem to like him. If they are trapped in a house with only a dozen people, will either of them make any more effort to get to know each other? Or have they already had too much of each other?

5. He is rather funny-looking. I think that we will all feel better about ourselves if we see his goofy face on a regular basis. I hate that Big Brother only wants to feature the pretty people, so I'll accept Cowboy as a representative of the average looking guy despite his below-average intelligence.

Sigs by Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

Posted by syren on 06-23-06 at 10:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-06 AT 10:15 AM (EST)

All good points, but I keep thinking of him running around the house with nothing but his black cowboy hat on. And it skeers me.

Really really skeers me.

What?

Posted by HistoryDetective on 06-23-06 at 10:23 AM
Oh, I agree. I never want to see the hatrack trick again.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

"Look, Ma! No hands!"

Posted by geg6 on 06-23-06 at 10:43 AM
I hate you when you put up such a reasonable argument to something I thoroughly don't want to happen.

Ugh. Another whole summer with Cowboy.

Will better be there. And get plenty of face time. And all the manipulation in the world to keep him there. And be mostly nekkid most of the time.

That's the only way I'll survive Cowboy.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
I want Will to spank me.

Posted by kingfish on 06-23-06 at 01:00 PM
(Massaging Geg's back/neck, foot massage next)

Have an Iron City Beer!.

Aw, come on Geg, I probably won't get a "Be the whomever" if Cowboy isn't let back in. I'll have to be a lizard or a (shudder) mouse or something. And all the good furniture is taken.

Hey! Wait! That's WHY no one will vote for Cowboy, it's actually a plot directed at ME!

(I shoulda known. The International Conspiracy against me has infiltrated the RTVW!)

I shoulda known.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 06-30-06 at 11:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-30-06 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

>>4. I want to see
>how he interacts with Nakomis
>if she makes it into
>the house. They apparently
>don't see much of each
>other and she really doesn't
>seem to like him.
>If they are trapped in
>a house with only a
>dozen people, will either of
>them make any more effort
>to get to know each
>other? Or have they
>already had too much of
>each other?

I bet that what Nakomis said was to throw people off. If people felt that Nakomis and Cowboy as brother and sister would form an alliance that would put a target right on nakomis's back. They would want to break it up and nakomis is the one who has a more respected game strategy.

I want to see Cowboy in All Stars and I want Jase. Nakomis would be good just to see how the Brother Sister relationship plays in this game a second time. They have gotten to know each other and I bet they have a secret alliance outside the game.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 06-30-06 at 04:31 PM
They have gotten to know each other

Really?! Everything that I have read anywhere indidcates that she wanted as little to do with him as possible after they got out of that house. Not that anybody would blame her.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 06-23-06 at 08:09 PM
Cowboy is the last person I want to see on All-Stars. The guy is totally useless because he brings nothing to the table. He brings no strategy, no athletic ability, no good-looks, and no drama. All he can offer is a never ending pity party and that obnoxious voice that makes me want to poke his eyes out. I rather spend another summer watching Jase and Scott with their mandanas, then spend a day watching Cowcrap! Ugh!

Posted by Aruba on 06-24-06 at 07:40 AM
I don't hate Cowboy, but I agree that he does not deserve to be an "All-Star". Although the fact of the matter, folks, is any time you get a dude who cries alot (i.e., Cowboy, Bunky) Reality Shows eat that up with a fork and knife.
So sad to say, even if they do not get in by Americas Vote, either of them or perhaps both will probably be Producer's Choices.

Posted by chipsyd on 06-26-06 at 05:07 PM
I totally agree with you... Cowboy???? He would be the last one I would vote for out of the 20. You are so right. Marvin would have been a great candidate. Maybe he couldn't do it because he has a real job or something....