URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8621
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S33 | State of the Spoiling | Ep 9 | I'm still throwin' punches"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-16 at 09:34 PM

Previously on Survivor the tribes merged. Jay thought he was the KINGPIN KINGFISH, with his J-Crew of Tails, Michelle, Will and his non J-Crew of Bret, Sunday, Hanna. Adam found an advantage but wasn't content to play with the weirdos, he just had to sit at the cool kids table and blab it to Tails. He discovered Taylor stealing food, and tried to sway him to vote out Will. Tails is a tattle-tails, so he told Jay and Will. Will won immunity, while the GenX'rs couldn't decide who to vote out. Adam took things into his super-duper fan hands, screwing everything up. In the end, he did not play his idol and look like a chump, and Michelle was voted out. Who will be next?

STILL THROWIN' PUNCHES

MISDIRECTION CLUES:

1. Now that we are into the individual portion of the game, people start to play more aggressively.....great moves, or massive blunders. I say this means that we will most likely see both moves and great blunders.

2. Information is king. Who has it? Well, let's think about this...
~ Taylor knows about Adam's advantage
~Adam knows that Taylor is stealing/hiding food
~Ken knows about Jessica's advantage
~Will knows about Jay's idol
~Zeke knows about David's idol

Clearly, this clue is referring to Taylor and Adam, because a clue that we got later in the week states, Two castaways with secrets about each other use them as leverage in the game.

3. Jiffy comment regarding Taylor: If Taylor makes it to the end, his “take it as it comes” approach to life could be an asset in his final argument to the jury."

OMG! Does this foreshadow Tails making it to the end as a GOAT!?! Baaaaaaaaa!

4. While another refuses to “drop the ball” when individual immunity is on the line.

Will, again? vs. Jessica, again? I think it could be Tails that could win the IC this week, he's been bragging that he's great at balance and he is a wake boarder after all? I dunno.

REWARD CHALLENGE:

The reward challenge will be played for this:

Worth playing for?

It will be done with two teams chosen by captains that are chosen with a random rock draw.

Chris and Hanna chose the teams:

Chris = team purple chooses Ken, Bret, David, Taylor, and Sunday. vs. Hanna = team orange chooses Jay, Will, Adam, Zeke, Jessica

First stage:

Second stage:

Third stage: They must get a very large crate filled with something under tacked down rope.

Fourth stage:

Fifth stage:

You can see that the purple team is way ahead, so chances are that they win it. But, will Adam be persuaded to use his advantage to win the reward for his tribe? We'll see!

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: BOW DIDDLEY

This is a re-cycled challenge that was won by Whitney in South Pacific. Before they step onto the challenge apparatus, they are tempted to not participate and enjoy this:

Grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips, beer, soda, ice water

Here is the challenge apparatus:

Worth not playing for? Hmmmmm?

I think that Jay, Will, Tails will all participate in the challenge and I think that Tails could pull it out. He's the wake boarder/snow boarder and has been quite boastful regarding his balancing prowess. It will be interesting to see if Adam sits out...

PROMOS

The preview promo:

Jiffy: Next time on Survivor....the battle lines have been drawn. See Tails then Will.
Adam to Jay: You, and Will, and Taylor are all on the bottom...
Jay in confessional: They're gunning my way!
Jiffy: But, Taylor can't keep a secret...

Tails to Jay: He can steal someone's reward
Jay to Tails: Wow!

Taylor in confessional: I'm going to put a massive target on his back.
Jay: Dude, that will ruin his game!

So, Taylor does something that pi$$es off everyone in the tribe against Adam.

The Next Promo:

VO: Got an appetite?
Taylor at night with his stash: OH YEAH!
VO: For guilty pleasures?
Taylor at night with stash: This is my best idea ever!
Taylor: ....stealing food.
Taylor: MMMMMMMMMM

VO: Wednesday, prepare for a feast...
Jiffy: Cheeseburgers and cocktails
Castaways: ahh *squee* uhhhh wood!
VO: Also, on the menu:
VO: Bitter sweet revenge
Taylor: I'm going to put a massive target on his back...
VO: Cooked to perfection....
Jay: Dude, that will ruin his game! Do it!
VO: Firing up the spiciest tribal council of the season!
Jiffy at TC: That was the Survivor bomb!

RESULTS:

RC: Purple team....Chris, Ken, Taylor, David, Bret, Sunday
IC: Taylor
Boot: Could be Will, but I'm going with ADAM! I think he'll choose not to be a chump and NOT play his HII, therefore getting to take it home and show his mom. I guess being a super duper fan = over player!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S33 | State of the Spoiling | Ep 9 | I'm still throwin' punches"
Posted by michel2 on 11-15-16 at 11:09 PM
Loved your SOTS and the little previously on Survivor recap, FP.

You know, with Zeke and Hannah on his RC team, Adam could think it's the best situation to use his advantage. He angers some but pleases many. He may reason that it's better than stealing from an individual later on.

I'm with you on Adam getting voted out.

Posted by kingfish on 11-15-16 at 11:29 PM
Great Recap.

Initially I thought Taylor was toast this week, but the advantage Adam holds could be the deciding factor. If Adam uses it, and if it means that his team gets the food, not just him, he gains enough leverage to remain. If he doesn't use it, he likely gets voted out.

These new quirks (such as this seasons new advantages) are proving to be kinda interesting. There is no precedent as to how to use them successfully, even for self designated super fans.

Posted by michel2 on 11-16-16 at 00:52 AM
If he uses it then everyone in purple wants him out. If he doesn't use it Taylor rats him out and everyone in Orange wants him out. The thing a super fan SHOULD know is that secrecy is of the utmost importance.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-16-16 at 08:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-16 AT 08:11 AM (EST)

Yes, this advantage is horrible. Adam should KNOW this as a super duper fan and give it away or throw it away....He spoke of saving it for the family visit. If Tails is able to convince him to use it this reward, than Adam deserves to be booted. As a big fan, I just cannot see him doing it, but stranger things have happened!

My second choice is Taylor as boot. His days are numbered....I can't see how they are going to forget about him stealing their food, and he's clearly an immunity threat. Or Will. Will is not being developed, he got his 1 minute, time for him to go. If he doesn't win IC, he could be toast as well.

I don't see Jay playing his idol on anyone else at this point either. The question is will the idols come out this week? If Jay plays his, WILL Adam play his? Adam is feeling far more comfortable after last week, thinking he's among the numbers. But, Hanna thinks he's a horrible teammate and Zeke is ready to vote him out cause he just doesn't know what he's doing.

I have to wonder what the "Survivor Bomb" is that Jiffy mentions at TC...?

Posted by michel2 on 11-16-16 at 11:00 AM
The bomb could be Taylor ratting out Adam. Suppose Zeke and Hannah mention that they're hungry and they're blaming Tays then the guy could turn around and say: "You wouldn't be so hungry if Adam had used his advantage for your team."

Posted by CTgirl on 11-16-16 at 12:35 PM
Great SOTS FloPo. Thanks for all you do!

Posted by tribephyl on 11-16-16 at 04:33 PM
Thanks, FP!
Amazing, as always.
I can't say I don't agree but...

Adam doesn't use "Advantage".
Taylor will reveal it at Tribal.
Jay, Adam and David have idols.
And within some scenario or another, Jay, Taylor, Will and Adam are all in great danger of having their torch snuffed.
Worst would be a series of revelations, idol plays, ties, re-re-votes and alternate bootee options.

There's a bomb detonated at TC. Is it all of the above? Or is it merely lip service?

Posted by Sheldor on 11-16-16 at 07:39 PM
Great SOTS Flowerpower!

However, I think Bo Diddley favors a woman (Whitney in South Pacific and a girl dream teamer won in the Behind The Scenes video for this week) due to women having better balance and usually smaller feet than the men.

This challenge has also been done with balancing a ball on a disk in Cagayan (won by Tasha) and Cambodia (won by Joe).

Always women winners except for Joey Amazing who is great at all challenges!

So I think Jessica is the most likely to win but snowboarder Taylor could be good at this I agree.

I see a problem with the number of players left and the number of Episodes Left...

11/16 Final 12
11/23 Final 11 (Double Episode)
11/30 Final 9
12/03 Final 8
12/14 Final 7 (Finale)

They have NEVER had a Finale start with 7 players.

In Cambodia also with Merge of 13 the Finale started with 6 players.

So I think in addition to the Double Episode next week that there must be 2 players eliminated in another episode.

The most likely scenario to me is Adam having to leave to be with his Mom with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I don't think that will happen tonight so I think Adam is safe (plus he has an idol) and he will have to leave in a future episode.