URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8597
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S33 | VidCap Analysis | Ep. 05 *No Sources*"

Posted by tribephyl on 10-13-16 at 08:05 PM
This thread is dedicated to the VidCaps and the discussion of the visual clues doled out by TPTB.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post-Show Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-13-16 at 08:06 PM
Transcript and Vidcaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

Probst (VO): Next time on Survivor...

Probst (VO): ...the Gen X idol is back up for grabs...

CeCe (cam. conf.): We had an idol search party.

Probst (VO): ...and a surprise switch...

Probst (@ RC lineup): Drop your buffs.

Probst (VO): ...threatens to tear two lovers apart.

Figgy (cam. conf.): I love Taylor to pieces.

Taylor (cam. conf.): My biggest fear is getting split up. You have no idea what's gonna to happen.

"Press Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-13-16 at 08:07 PM
Obviously, Production is keeping their cards close to their chest with really, anything, past this switch.
Good Luck this week, all.

"RE: Press Images"
Posted by michel2 on 10-13-16 at 10:57 PM
The promos leading up to a switch almost never focus on individuals so I think this focus on Fails is a good sign for the lovers. Kind of like when a surprise swap almost broke up Romber.

At best, the Millennials will wind up 5-3 on one tribe and 4-4 on the other so if they want to keep their majority they need to work together and forget their differences which are extremely minor compared to those facing the Gen-X tribe members..

Posted by Sheldor on 10-14-16 at 03:49 AM
In the Next Time Vidcaps and the Press Images you can see that Jeff is handing out new buffs to Figgy from the basket in his Left Hand and new buffs to Chris, Taylor, and Will from the basket in his Right hand.

So they are dividing the Women and Men evenly between the 2 new tribes:

5 Men & 3 Women
4 Men & 4 Women

Now if Jeff actually has 4 baskets then they are also controlling the Millennial and GenX split to be even:

5 Millennials & 3 GenX
4 Millennials & 4 GenX

If only 2 Baskets then they are only controlling that the Gender split is even and not the split of the Original Tribes.

I would guess since the theme is Millennials vs GenX that they would use 4 Baskets to control both the Tribe and Gender split.

Posted by michel2 on 10-14-16 at 09:48 AM
One thing we've seen over the years is that random has a very different meaning for SEG. They will control the split in order to get exactly what they want.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-16 at 12:39 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw these pics...

Figgy taking from the basket on the left....

Taylor taking from the basket on the right...

Made me think that they will be separated....one chose from one colored basket, and the other chose from the other colored basket. If the baskets indeed were separated by color, then it is a way for them to divide the tribes evenly! (Having 4 baskets between the 2 tribes).

If there is something to this, Will will be on the same tribe as Taylor, choosing from the basket on the right, while they both will be on the opposite tribe as Figgy....

We also see Chris choosing from the basket on the right, will he be on Taylor and Will's tribe? Or, will he be on Figgy's tribe?

Posted by Sheldor on 10-15-16 at 02:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-16 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

Well I see it as either 2 Baskets

1:Left  (4 Purple, 4 Orange) = Females 
2:Right (5 Purple, 4 Orange) = Males
or 4 Baskets
1:Left  (2 Purple, 2 Orange) = Millennial Females 
2:Right (3 Purple, 2 Orange) = Millennial Males

3:Left (2 Purple, 1 Orange) = Gen X Females
4:Right (2 Purple, 3 Orange) = Gen X Males

I think most likely 2 baskets to make sure the tribes are as divided up as evenly as possible by gender.

Posted by tribephyl on 10-17-16 at 00:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-16 AT 01:57 AM (EST)

I'm thinking it's 2 baskets, a male and a female.
Men's Basket: 9 buffs total (3 of each tribe color (red/purple/green))
Women's Basket: 7 buffs total (2 of each tribe color (red/purple/green +1 of black))

Yup. We know a three tribe split is on the way, and it doesn't have to be an even split for production to do a swap.
We've seen 1 person have to wait until someone is booted and then join the losing tribe.

So... added with the buzz about 1 tribe/1 castaway getting an unpleasant surprise, is just that. 1 person (in my above scenario, a female) is a tribe of one for a day or two. While everyone else will get moved around... onto a series of 3 different tribes.

On a side note...
I noticed that the rock formation seen at the end of GenX Beach...

...has a rock formation that matches the confessional background of both Figgy and Tyler...

Fails makes it together to GenX beach.

Posted by michel2 on 10-17-16 at 10:19 AM
Nice catch, Tribe. The love affair continues...at least until the vote!

Posted by kingfish on 10-17-16 at 01:45 PM
So, will the Gen-Xers be as forgiving of the two vote combo as the Millennials? Of course, the Gen-Xers have issues of their own, so I guess that will depend on how the tribes are split.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-17-16 at 04:33 PM
Yes, I thought their confessionals were from the same vantage point as well, only I didn't know whose beach it was.

So, they are switching to 3 tribes of 5 and one extra person on their own?

This should be fun!

We see that Sunday, Cece, and David are all in the idol search party, so I wonder if they are together post swap? Or they are all just out searching for the newly hidden idol post TC? See Bret and Chris searching too?

I was just wondering if any of those pics could be post swap...

Posted by Sheldor on 10-17-16 at 09:03 PM
Great observation Tribephyl!

I at first thought that lone person in the beach shot was the person that was Exiled when they split into 3 tribes but I like your theory on Figgy & Taylor confessional at Gen X Beach after the swap.

Note: Last season in Kaôh Rōng Episode 5 they swapped from 3 Tribes Brains/Beauty/Brawn to 2 Tribes of 6 Brains/Beauty with the leftover person (Julia) Exiled to Brawn beach.

"Reward Challenge or IC?"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-16-16 at 02:32 PM
We see that the daws have arrived at a challenge site, will it be played? If so, is it for reward or IC?

We see hurdles/structures, a tarp of some kind, rolled up, then netting, which they most likely have to scale under.

We know that Jiffy has the baskets of the buffs under that cover, but is there anything else under there? Will there be no RC today? I don't see any stand for the II, so I assume that is set up for reward.

"RE: Reward Challenge or IC?"
Posted by michel2 on 10-16-16 at 05:56 PM
I think the challenge arena is set up only to keep the surprise. There won't be a reward just a swap and then they'll have time to get to know each other.

"RE: Reward Challenge or IC?"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-18-16 at 01:05 PM
Found this Aerial view of the "completed" challenge arena...

Still looks set up for just 2 tribes.

*throws hands in the air*

I dunno WHATS going on with this episode.

"But, if it's a decoy?"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-18-16 at 03:40 PM
As michel suspects, the challenge arena may not be used at all, it's a guise to set up their surprise at the tribe swap...

"RE: But, if it's a decoy?"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-18-16 at 04:07 PM
But why spend the extra money to have aerial shots taken of a challenge that won't be used?

Posted by kingfish on 10-18-16 at 07:30 PM
Yeah, that kinda goes beyond colorizing buffs or shuffling videos as a fool-us ploys.

Posted by michel2 on 10-18-16 at 07:48 PM
I dunno either but if you look, there is a lot more space to the left of the purple mat than there is to the right of the orange one. In fact, there is enough space to set up a third lane and it wouldn't take long to do.

Posted by Sheldor on 10-18-16 at 08:10 PM
FYI: History of recent tribe swaps...

S32E05 Swap - Kaôh Rōng (NO Reward Challenge)

S31E03 Swap - Cambodia (NO Reward Challenge) 2 Tribes to 3 Tribes

S31E06 Swap - Cambodia (YES Reward Challenge) 3 Tribes to 2 Tribes

S30E05 Swap - One World (YES Reward Challenge) Double Episode 4 & 5 so not many images of Ep5

S29E05 Swap - San Juan del Sur (NO Reward Challenge) Swap at Hero Arena

S28E04 Swap - Cagayan (YES Reward Challenge) 3 Tribes to 2 Tribes

S27E06 Swap - Blood vs Water (NO Reward Challenge) Swap at Redemption Island Arena

S26E06 Swap - Caramoan (NO Reward Challenge)