URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 859
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"DWTS 17 Ep. 4 ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 08:02 PM
Is it too soon to say I miss Len already?

Guest Judge Julianne Hough tonight.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 08:08 PM
OK I'm tired of these opening numbers already.

Oh really over the special judge entrance thingy, complete with a full dance floor spin to show they weren't in their seats.

Ray Leaper choreographed that opening number.

She has another film coming out Oct 18th. She gets a judging intro package.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by JessicaRN on 10-08-13 at 12:12 PM
I thought that opening number was too cheesy to watch. It looked better in fast forward.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-08-13 at 01:28 PM
In retrospect, I liked Julianne's style of judging. She knew that most of the stars go through hell each week and then are ripped to shreds at times by the judges. So, even in the criticisms, she gave each star their props. It was interesting to see how she coached the dancers as well.
Didn't care that much for her before the show, but I have more respect for her as a coach now.

"Jack and Cheryl"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 08:14 PM
Quick Step. Sprinting the entire Dahnce, and they have been sniping at each other. Jack is obsessed with Corbin.

Gin Wigmore : "Man Like That"

And the band is back. At least they got mentioned by Tom.

Welcome to oversharing theater about Cheryl's disclosures.

JH. Ballroom your strong suit. So focused, but you have to trust and have fun and smiling. Was so good.

Bruno. Jumping Jack flash, so many tricks. Footwork I'm talking about you people. Pace you kept it up. Be careful not to lose the frame, you started leaning forward at the end.

Carrie Ann. Jack was back. I thought you were way more animated this week.

8 - 8 - 8 - 24

"RE: Jack and Cheryl"
Posted by JessicaRN on 10-08-13 at 12:15 PM
He is so likable and I don't remember Cheryl being so snotty. He doesn't seem to be loosing much weight yet.

Interesting the way he said to Cheryl, "I bet you wished you had one of the professional dancers, like Corbin." I saw Leah Remini say that also. They are both correct and it's kind of becoming way too obvious.

"Elizabeth and Val"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 08:24 PM
It takes two to tango...sigh.

Argentine Tango.

*unlocks the liquor cabinet for Qwerty*

Not sure what that tune was.

Bruno. You bewitching fantasy creature. Hidden depths of passion. Did it without going wrong.

Tom asks JH if it is creepier when he is right next to you?

Carrie Ann, love what you do with your story. So powerful, every movement has meaning. Had a sharpness that was a breakthrough.

JH. One of my favorites and I had chills from the beginning. You took control and you weren't waiting for him, you were taking control. I had a note from earlier but you already fixed that.

9 - 9 - 9 - 27

"RE: Elizabeth and Val"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-07-13 at 11:54 PM
She was really good! Scary intense eyes worked well for this as well.

Posted by JessicaRN on 10-08-13 at 12:17 PM
This was her best, but what is there about her that is so unlikable? I heard that she is not getting along with Val either, although you couldn't tell.

Does she have some kind of a thyroid issue? Her eyes are very, very buggy!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-08-13 at 01:29 PM
She usually gets the role of the near-insane person where she guest stars because of those eyes. I'm not sure of that that's all about. Contact lenses can do that at times.

Posted by qwertypie on 10-08-13 at 00:33 AM
You took control and you weren't waiting for him, you were taking control

Which is the antithesis of everything Argentine tango is. Excuse me while I bang my head on the wall.

(Could someone PLEASE tell Elizabeth to straighten her legs once in awhile -- it would improve the look of her dancing immeasurably)

Posted by Belle Book on 10-08-13 at 10:22 AM
However, the concept of their performance is of a seductress controlling a violinist, so Elizabeth taking control is appropriate for the concept.

Belle Book

Posted by qwertypie on 10-08-13 at 01:52 PM
LOL - Can you tell we PVR this and zip through most the backstory filler, practising filler and judges' comments filler and just watch the performances? We can get through a show in about 25 minutes or less.
On the negative side, this means we often miss what the storyline if it isn't obvious from the dancing alone.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-08-13 at 01:33 PM
Okay, I know I should have waited until our Lady of the Tango spoke forth. To all unsuspecting peoples, our qwertypie knows well of what she speaks. She has credentials on this subject, trained in the tango in Argentina, etc. Oh, that's right--I have to say she's a nice person because she knows where I live. Oops.

Posted by qwertypie on 10-08-13 at 01:56 PM
Thanks for not mentioning how long I've been dancing. I want to keep up the illusion of youth. Smooch!

You have to admit I have been behaving myself -- it's been years since I have gone on a multi-paged rant about the treatment of AT on reality tv shows. Yay me!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-08-13 at 04:28 PM
It was your absence of rants that led me to believe:

1. You were (or still are) insane.

2. The quality of the AT performances has improved (which I think they have, except this was definitely a Hollywood Tango)

3. You have given up on life.

4. It's too cold in the Great White North to get the show.

5. You really, really like the dances.

That said, even though I enjoyed the dance in and of itself, it was missing about 90% of the elements of an AT; I know next to nothing about AT, except what Mr. Qwerty taught me: watch the feet.
I'm still waiting for them to do the rose in teeth bit, then I know you couldn't control yourself. Is it Len or Nigel who gets on the cigarette and whiskey kick?

As for how long you've been doing it, I thought it was polite of me not to mention that you trained Rudolph Valentino.

Posted by qwertypie on 10-09-13 at 03:45 PM
I choose to ignore your Rudolph Valentino slam
As to your beliefs
1. YES
2. A qualified yes -- at least the SYTYCD choreographer/slime bucket Alex da Silva is still in jail for sexually assaulting several women and both shows are at least consulting with AT instructors (though I met one of the 'consultants' and he was a terrible dancer), but it still looks like most of the dancers are trying to reverse engineer and teach themselves from youtube videos. Louis Van Amstel is the best of the lot.
3. Didn't know that was an option, this might change everything.
4. It's too cold to do anything here but watch TV.
5. Meh. I feel it is not worth popping blood vessels over. (It was Nigel who insulted the whole country of Argentina with his whiskey and cigarettes as well as most of his other comments. I have done my blood pressure a huge favour and simply mute the TV when he opens his yap).
And you know me too well -- throw in a streetwalker with a rose in her teeth and a whiskey swilling, cigarette smoking, knife wielding gangster and my poor head will explode.

"Brant and Peta"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 08:37 PM
Injury report

Dancing Salsa to Pitbull's Shake Senora. Has a previous shoulder injury and has no stability holding her overhead.

They've taken out some lifts because of the injuries.

Didn't like that as much as I usually like Peta.

Carrie Ann. The lifts were fantastic, but when you take off your shirt, very revealing, work on the moves, when should have been in opposition the same. Salsa was a liitle broken looking.

JH. I'm single now, so anyways. I have to agree, a little loosy goosey for me. Ah oops that's my mic. I'm flustered a little bit, need to work on your upper body.

Bruno. I thought you were a good boy, you are a brazen party animal. Has to have a certain amount of control, you lost the technique. Rather you perform and entertain than not.

7 - 7 - 7 - 21

"RE: Brant and Peta"
Posted by JessicaRN on 10-08-13 at 12:18 PM
Interesting that when he took off his shirt, some of his dancing issues showed more. That makes sense.

Why was she so insistent on doing the lift that he was not physically able to do, although he certainly looks physically able!!!!

"Valerie and Tristan"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 08:49 PM
Dancing the Viennese Waltz. Carry On by fun.

Oh this is painful.

JH. I'm all tearied up. I think you are courageous. Started out elegant, when you are together, more of a team, when separate you are not sure where you are going. I bow down to you.

Bruno. This painted some pretty pictures, hit the poses, if you go wrong, cover it up, don't show the mistakes, let him do the work.

Carrie Ann. It touches my heart, there were some beautiful moments, made it even harder the mistakes stood out more. You can sell it so just stay with it.

6 - 6 - 6 - 18

"RE: Valerie and Tristan"
Posted by JessicaRN on 10-08-13 at 12:21 PM
There is something going on besides just the fact that she is one of the older ones. I have recently been through meningitis, with some strong medications and it has been very hard for me to remember a series of things. It is like she just cannot remember the simplified choreography, even with a dancer's background.

I have fallen in love with Tristan this season. I need to record him saying "Valerie Harper" and make it into my ring tone.

"RE: Valerie and Tristan"
Posted by Snidget on 10-08-13 at 01:37 PM
I don't know how sick she has gotten with this, but some recent studies of people who have recently been in the ICU find it causes cognitive issues for a lot of people that lingers for awhile (like months).

So I wouldn't be surprised if something about the illness is making it harder for her to keep track of the choreography.

"Leah and Tony"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 09:00 PM
Dancing the Cha Cha Cha.

J. Lo's Papi.

That was better than Valerie, not good, but better than Valerie.

Bruno. Leah from the block. All the attitude, come and get it if you dare. You've got it. Stretch through the ball of your foot to get a sharpness.

Carrie Ann. You are in the zone. I love that, you do have the movements match up to your face.

JH. I think you had strong footwork. Bruno giving her heck. Have everything we love, you need to stretch to match your face.

8 - 8 - 8 - 24

"Corbin and Karina"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 09:07 PM
Paso Doble to traditional music.

Looked really strong to me, not as flashy as some of the themed Pasos, but really strong.

Carrie Ann. Loved it. The intensity, movements stunning. A little hip hop, open the chest a hair more.

JH. Thank you for no gimmicks. You hips so far back. that extra little bit.

Bruno. Pure essence of Paso, the spanish line from under the hips. Powerful performance.

9 - 9 - 9 - 27

"RE: Corbin and Karina"
Posted by JessicaRN on 10-08-13 at 12:23 PM
He is really good and could win. He does have a lot of Broadway dance experience. (I still like Jack Osborne better!)

"Snooki and Sasha"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 09:17 PM
Was Anorexia while being a cheerleader.

Dancing the Jive, was really sick this week.

Mickey.

Good job for as sick as it sounded like she was.

JH. Like my little nugget, it was so you. Flicks and kicks need to be sharper. More of a connection with Sasha.

Bruno. Oh no don't do that, please. Performance level has grown. I thought it was brilliant.

Carrie Ann, Power packed, like to see the cartoon that would come out, your knees were a little crazy and T-rex arms at the beginning.

8 - 8 - 8 - 24

"RE: Snooki and Sasha"
Posted by JessicaRN on 10-08-13 at 12:25 PM
She looks kind of anorexic again. She is all head, but she is adorable. I have to say that she has really grown up.

"Christina and Mark"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 09:27 PM
Foxtrot, her first ballroom dance.

Sexy Silk, Jessie J

Bruno and all that jazz. Spunky and sultry. Wasn't traditional. Fantastic, need more control in hold.

Carrie. Work on your shoulders, you perform the heck out of these numbers.

JH. This week hoping for a softer side. Moments where two people side by side rather than together. Have to stand in front when you dance with Mark to make sure you are seen.

8 - 8 - 8 - 24

"RE: Christina and Mark"
Posted by Round Robin on 10-10-13 at 00:14 AM
Sounds like little whiny baby Mark got his diaper in a wad over what Julianne said to him. Wah, wah, wah, want some cheese with that whine, Markie? I'll pick sexy little Julianne over your wimpy little scrawny a$$ any day of the week. You always gotta get in a pi$$ing match with the judge in the middle seat, don't you? Well, when that judge is a beautiful young woman instead of a crotchety old man, it becomes a popularity contest, and it's one you haven't got a snowball's chance in Timbuktu of winning. Next time she's in the middle seat, just shut the f--- up and dance, and maybe you might actually do better.

"Amber and Derek"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 09:37 PM
Dancing the Tango, Doctor looked at her knees, need the fluid drained out.

Kanye West - Love Lockdown

Mostly just meh for me, but that could be the Autotune making it hard to like anything going on. And that much peplum on a curvy girl.

Carrie Ann. Like one person, worked on your footwork and your entrance.

JH. Derek bribes her with 10 dollars. Holy cow you were like a tight little non explosion.

Bruno. That was pure classic amazing tango.

9 - 9 - 9 - 27

"Bill Engvall and Emma"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 09:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-13 AT 09:49 PM (EST)

Dancing the Samba.

He dropped her on the fall during dress rehearsal. Showed her how much he cares for her.

Cuban Pete. Chick Chicky Boom.

Damn he is having some fun out there.

JH. They kept you for last, they love you. The heart of the show. Have this quality about you, like my Dad and I love to dance with my Dad.

Bruno. I thought I was going to wet myself. Has everything you want in a Samba except timing and rhythm. He swears that is a compliment.

Carrie Ann. Not sure what kind of Samba, but it was entertaining.

7 - 7 - 7 - 21

ETA: The voices in Tom's head, no the ones from the booth, not the ones he is being treated for, tell him that with those scores Bill is safe and through to next week.

"Going Home is..."
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-13 at 09:57 PM
Following couples are SAFE.

Elizabeth and Val
Leah and Tony
Corbin and Karina
Amber and Derek
Jack and Cheryl
Christina and Mark

Brant, Snooki or Valerie will be eliminated.

Snooki and Sasha Safe.

Not necessarily the bottom two.

on this fourth week of competition the couple leaving is...

Valerie and Tristan.

"RE: Going Home is..."
Posted by udg on 10-08-13 at 00:21 AM
No surprise there. And quite a relief.

"RE: Going Home is..."
Posted by JessicaRN on 10-08-13 at 12:27 PM
I agree. The first week she was awe inspiring and now it was just uncomfortable. I thought she was even beginning to look more gaunt in her face during practice.

What a joyful spirit though. I hope she stays in the public eye.