URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8585
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S:33|State of the Spoiling|SOTS|Ep 2"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-28-16 at 07:51 PM
You know the drill! All commentary regarding episode 2 will be placed here until the show has had the time to air in its entirety. No siggies, please! Have PHUN!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S:33|State of the Spoiling|SOTS|Ep 2"
Posted by michel2 on 09-28-16 at 08:01 PM
we do this in the SOTS now?

"Previously On Survivor"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-28-16 at 08:05 PM
Get X'es lost, boot candidates were Rachel/Cece/David. No HI was played, Rachel was toast.

At the M tribe, Figgy flirted with the men and put together an all of 4, but the others were catching on. At the Gen X David was afraid of everything, while a majority alliance came together, at TC, David was spared ad Rachel was sent home, 19 left, who's next...?

At Gen X: day 5: can't light fire, other than that says Paul, I have a 6 person alliance, the others don't have a chance, Cece aligned with the wrong one and david can't handle it out here...

David: right now I am playing a miserable game, I will never give up, I am more of a cochran than an ozzy, I have to prove myself, David starts a fire, you are reborn says Bret

Chris: oddly, Dave got a flame going, but he's still going home net, he's the weakest, he's like our puppy dog, keep petting him until he goes....if he gets in his own head he starts looking for idols and gets all paranoid

David: I would love an idol, but look busy then look for idol, see him scouring every where for the idol

he tells them that he is getting rocks and he finds something, a coconut with a stamp on it...split this open....OMG, and he runs to split it open...opens it....OMG, this is why we come to play S! Congrats, you found the hit, same old rules and now he has it....I never thought I would do it, exactly what I need to make big strategic moves right now, this is like serendipity!

"S:33|EAST COAST SPOILER THREAD|Ep 2"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-28-16 at 08:15 PM
shoot me now, please! I don't know how many times I automatically put that at the top, sorry guys, just not changing threads at this point, I will do better next week!

Post intro: David finds the HII, he's a happy camper!

Millennials day 5....Taylor and Figgs flirting

Taylor: cons: I really like her, she's really beautiful...lve goggles...

Figgy: I didn't come here for romance, blue eyes are dangerous, and I get to cuddle up with that....at night

they are making out now, while some of them are still up....michaela...in the middle of night, I hear a kiss sounds, that is disgusting....

She calls them out in the AM....

Taylor: me and figs got called out, I look at that as risky, but I am dreaming big...

Figgy: My tribe doesn't even consider us a threat, nobody cares

the tribe see them isolating themselves

See: I think the M's take hook ups less seriously than the Gen X's....they are missing the point

the tribe is talking about it, love in Paradise

Jay: Figgy and Taylor are stupid, no couple ever lasts in S, Taylor is my boy, but women blind you...you are a dork like wake up

see Jay talking to him....power couples don't last, and I am not losing a million dollars...Taylor says he has thought about it...
Jay says he doesn't see it, he's infatuated....this will blow up, it's not good

See the gen X's out in the ocean fishing spearing day 6, catching octopus and fish....Ken has one....We got some dinner

Spear fishing and surviving in this environment I am good at says Ken, but social stuff, I can be shy...I grew up with the speech impediment and nervousness. as I see him opening up, It inspires me to ope up, they talk dave and Ken, they call it Pauls possy....we can stay at the bottom or make move, whatever we can do to stay strong
Dave: Ken and I teamed up, we are polar opposites, in S. you need absolutely one person that you can trust, for me it's him, for him it's me....we are golden says Ken, we are brothers, we will use it to band together and do something forward, for us it's Paul has to go, don't want him to move in and try to counter!

"Post Dave + Ken BFF's"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-28-16 at 08:23 PM
So Ken and Dave bond and David shares his HII with Ken and they plot Paul's demise....

Pre-challenge: Soft music plays, Vanua day 6...see Hannah trying to open a coconut...Mari:: day 6 morale is good, this is a surreal experience....blah blah...see Michaela come up....conf: foggy is a flirt since the boat comes up to fiji, work your magic behind the scenes, not out in the open, hard to act like something is not going on when I see it...she has a big mouth...Figgy is calling out Michaela...

Figgy: Michaela is being a complete bit#h, she has got to go

Adam: this girl has come right into the cross hairs, no showman, no cat fights, one more thing he says

Gen X day 6....Paul tells everyone to get dry drift wood...Paul says that he breathes control, it's the paul showsays Ken to Cece, he pulls in her...they talk about Paul, but when we see him, he looks sick...he is sitting down, Bret asks how he is...Cece is in with Ken, wants Paul out....

Paul is down, they all come running, make him drink...water....his hands are numb...Producer says back up and give him some room....don't worry, Dr. Joe is on his way....producers interrupt....breathe, he's shaking....cut to commercial....

"Big Man down, pre Jiffy/Doctor arrival"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-28-16 at 08:37 PM
Paul was telling us that he had to be in control, and then he didn't feel well, layed down, then commented on his chest, and producers came in and took control, told him that the doctor was on the way....

Doctor arrives...what is bothering you? My hands being numb, up to my elbows and the cramps....nice deep breathes, in between the cramps, get that water going in....going to check his heart for signs of heart attack with the EKG....

Sunday: see him go down, if it can happen to him it can happen to everybody...I need him to stay in the game

early heat exhaustion, dehydration....sending the chopper back, game is back on

David: I feel so guilty saying this, but when he went down I was so glad, he's the one I want to vote out, may be easier to convince others to vote him out now....I didn't want him to have a heart attack!

Cut to challenge: Rachel voted out

Millennials swim it over to him, Jay....one person dives in to race up cargo net, retrieve key, next goes, get all 5, get mask to retrieve 5 rings, land the rings on targets win, safe from vote and get a tarp. Hannah sits out.

Here we go:

Chris and Michelle, Chris ripping through the water, and gets the key....then they swim back......they both go at the same time, Paul and Will, Paul gets to water first, then Will, still dead even....Sunday and Michaela go.....Sunday moving quickly, now the next ones, David and Zeke, Zeke is passing David, killing it, David is struggling and he gets it....Adam then goes next, David is so struggling...Jessica is the last for Gen X, Millennials opening their chest....Figgy opens chest has the mask...she gets first ring, now Bret has mask, Cece is next jumping to get ring, Jay in ring, Cece can't get it, now Lucy getting it...Jay has another ring....Bret goes to get ring, and has second...Gen X back in it....Ken goes in to get ring, Mari has third ring, 3 to 3 now, Taylor now vs. Ken again....still tied...Jay for last ring, and Brett for Gen X, Jay and Bret both have the, now tossing....Jay tosses, and Cece tosses, Cece gets 2, Jay has 2, now Ken gets 3rd, Jay misses, Ken gets 4th, Jay has third, Ken last ringing nails it! Gen X wins immunity and reward sending the millennials to TC....Paul goes and gets immunity,congrats...

See the M's: see Jay, then FIggy, then Hannah, then Figgy
Mari confessional: Tonight we want foggy to be really comfortable, so we can blindside her, we are crushing her dream which makes Survivor real

"RE: S:33|State of the Spoiling|SOTS|Ep 2"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-28-16 at 08:41 PM
David is indeed the new Chet! He just pulled off a Chet jump into the water.

"Post challenge, pre-TC drama,,,"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-28-16 at 08:55 PM
At the challenge after the loss, when Jiffy was talking about someone going home, the camera first panned to Jay, then Figgy, then Hannah. Then Mari had her confessional about blindsiding Figgy, as we saw Figgy on camera.

Vanua: Mill's:

Zee: we lost but I am a little excited, I came to go to TC and vote people out and win a million dollars...Figgy is on the hot seat right now....

see Zeke and Mari talking about voting her out...

Michaela: the couple would be dangerous if they were staying...but she' going home

Jay: foggy is going home, I had he in the trifecta and we were good...unless something crazy happens, and they usually do, then my alliance is done...

See Jay and Michelle talking, we will be down on numbers if that happens, Michelle doesn't want it...wants to flip the vote, talking Mari...says, she wants people that will stick with her moving forward...

see Jay talking to Figgy and Michaela: Zeke said that first we take out Figgy, then we take out Michaela...

Michaela: First foggy was going home, if Jay is telling the truth I could be in trouble...

They need will....so Michelle goes to Will, we both know what Figgy is up to...wh do you want gone...Mari...she's a strategic player...Will says that he sees what you are saying, but it makes me nervous

Michelle says figgy can't go tonight, it has to be someone else, so I might have to pull strings at TC, to make sure I have the numbers and get what I want...

Wow! I can't believe they worked so hard....see Mari getting fire....

TC: so Adam, let's talk about the look on yourself....Adam can't believe it, that he is here

Mari: because you are on so much social media, does that make it harder to do real social things with people...she says you get to know these people and you start to care about them

Zee: I started fire without flint, I am the best version of myself out here, it's incredible
Michaela: doesn't feel her best see, she feels that being out here can bring out the worst thing

Adam sees her as a straight shooter, it is my natural reaction
Michelle leans over to Hannah to vote for Mari, and she says, WHAT!!!
Hanna is called on, the two of them cuddling, taylor and Figgy...Hanna leans over and asks Michelle if she is going to vote for Mari, and she nods, and says be quiet, I have a reason, I will tell you later, I promise...

Figgy will be more loyal to taylor than to me says Weill...

Michaela: I think you are so dumb that I can lie straight to your face and you are not going to find out...Jeff is fascinated...

Jay, there is another conversation over here, everyone is young energetic and paranoid...Hannah is confused...
Michelle: let's talk about the vote...we are all trying to play a game where we are looking forward, if I were foggy I might be scared....Michelle says please trust me...Zeke, seconds away from voting and they are still talking, Adam looks confused, Mari, what ever she is talking about it's probably puppies or butts right now....

GREAT TRIBAL COUNCIL....

Figgy votes Mari and says she hopes she can trust Michaela...

Hannah: they are forcing her, she has to vote the right way to gain their trust, but I don't understand what is going on, Adam notices she still hasn't voted, Jiffy snoops....Okay....

Figgie and Michelle are holding hands. No one plays the HII

Votes:

Figgy
Mari
Figgy
Mari
Figgy
Mari
Mari
Mari
Mari

WOW!!!!

We were all blindsided!!! See Hannah, see Michelle, see Zeke and Adam looking like huh?

Salty says Mari as she goes!

Clear that the enthusiasm is overshadowed by the level of game play, gloves are off and game is on....

"RE: Post challenge, pre-TC drama,,,"
Posted by michel2 on 09-29-16 at 00:36 AM
Yes, that was a fun episodefilled with a lot of character development but also good game play.

What I liked most was that we focused on a pair of outsiders on both sides: Ken and David on one, Figgy and Taylor on the other. Ken and Dave did all the right things, Figgy and Taylor all the wrong ones yet now the couple is in the majority while the Gen X outsiders haven't made much progress.

As for the swap, how many people will be switching sides? Will it be a complete swap or will we only have a few people moving? It's very early to swap in a season that started with 20. It couldn't be because their stars, Dave, Zeke and Adam, are in trouble, could it?!

Posted by Sheldor on 09-29-16 at 08:16 AM
Looks like NO one swaps tribes. Instead they pick someone to do "recon" at the other tribe (Ep3 Title = "Your Job is Recon")

Basket with note

Both Tribes at the IC

Gen X at the IC

Millennials at the IC

Posted by michel2 on 09-30-16 at 10:57 AM
Thank you Sheldor. With 18 people left it would have been incredibly dumb to do a swap but production is often just that stupid.

A recon is a finally an interesting twist. I remember back in the day that Burnett made it a point that the two tribes should never talk to each other but it's more fun when secrets are shared.

Posted by kingfish on 09-30-16 at 11:48 AM
I have a dim memory of a season where they employed something similar, one member from each tribe temporarily relocated to the other tribe. As I remember it didn't work out well for the tradees as they were looked on with suspicion after their visit.

Or was this a vivid dream, like the others that I'll keep to myself?

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-30-16 at 04:22 PM
Didn't Boston Rob go to the other tribe, and someone went to his from the other tribe?

Posted by michel2 on 09-30-16 at 06:40 PM
In some seasons (China and Samoa for example) they had one person temporarily moving to the other tribe's camp for a couple of days but I don't remember ever seeing something like we are about to have. The closest exchange we had was in the Outback but that was just before the merger.

Other than that we had:

In Cook Islands, Ozzy, Cao Boi and Jessica went for an expedition and accidently wound up in Raro.

Danni invited Nakhum to her camo to celebrate her birthday.

Ambassadors have met on neutral ground before the merger.

Posted by tribephyl on 10-01-16 at 01:32 AM
...and various versions of spies, allowed to go into the alternate camp to quickly assess... equipment or players, and hand out Immunities or steal items.

Like in AllStars which had Kathy and Jenna "swapping" for a moment to pick out items they might want at their own camp if their tribe won Reward Challenge.

"Major Blindside!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-28-16 at 09:04 PM
This is looking to be a good season! I LOVED IT!!!

Well done Michelle! She is the PLAYER! I saw it when she made that chop when she noted last week that she gets people to trust her because of her faith....then she made a big chop with the machete! She's serious and a player! YAY!!!!

Next time on Survivor:

Zeke and Adam feel betrayed as they talk to Hannah
Zeke to Hannah: I am upset right now, I'm really upset! See Hannah trying to soothe them.
Adam: My first hashtag blindside
Jiffy: But a twist in the game shakes things up (see Michaela drawing from a bag)
hear someone say it has to be a random draw
Will: I want to be a part of this twist, I want to experience what Gen X has to offer!

(Makes me think that Will pulls the colored rock to go over to live with Gen X, perhaps?)

Mari: I got sniped from a mile a way and I never saw it coming. Survivor is the toughest game I have ever played because it pulls on the heart strings and playing with human emotion is completely different than playing on a 2D screen, it hurts man, that's all I can say, it hurts!

"RE: Major Blindside!"
Posted by michel2 on 09-29-16 at 00:37 AM
Another fun part of the episode was that everyone saw Figs and Tails as the power couple but Michelle and Jay were the force behind the vote.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-29-16 at 07:24 AM
Yes, michel! I was so happy when they got back that Michelle took Jay aside and told him, no, that can't happen, then set about making what she wanted happen. Now that is how you PLAY! I just appreciate game play. These millennials are so naive though...that's why I appreciated Michelle and Jay, they seem to "get it"!

Did anyone catch how they voted? Would love to know if Will and Michaela voted with Michelle, Jay, and company or not?

Posted by Sheldor on 09-29-16 at 07:47 AM
Flowerpower1 wrote: "Did anyone catch how they voted? Would love to know if Will and Michaela voted with Michelle, Jay, and company or not?"

Will and Michaela voted for Mari.

The vote was:
7 Mari (Figgy, Hannah, Jay, Michaela, Michelle, Taylor, Will)
3 Figgy (Adam, Mari, Zeke)