URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 857
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Glee"

Posted by moonbaby on 05-20-09 at 06:45 PM
Did anyone watch this last night? There's potential for some laughs, best characters so far IMHO are the germophobe teacher and the cheerleader coach. Mr. Schu is kinda cute, too

I'd tune in again to see if this gains momentum.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Glee"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-21-09 at 09:23 PM
It was quite quirky, but I'll give it a run for its money. Replaces the quirky Dirty Sexy Money that they took off the air.

Posted by Glow on 05-22-09 at 09:22 AM
We watched it. I thought it had potential. We'll watch it again.

Posted by SilverStar on 05-23-09 at 02:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-09 AT 02:48 AM (EST)

It was alright, but it wasn't as good as I was thinking it would be. I thought it would be funnier. I think the only time I really laughed was when the head glee girl got that red drink thrown in her face. Not that I don't like her, I just wasn't expecting that and it made me laugh.

I do think it is stupid of them to show the premiere now and then not have the show come back until the fall though. Most people might have forgotten about it by then, unless they keep up the heavy promotion.

ETA- Teacher guy is totally cute and I hope he dumps his wife, pronto.

"Bimp!"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-16-09 at 08:14 PM
Hey it's on for real now, and I missed it. You can catch it on Hulu.

There were a couple of scenes that tickled my funny bone. Check it out, it's on again tonight.

"RE: Bimp!"
Posted by Buggy on 09-17-09 at 09:22 AM
It's enjoyable!

"I downloaded"
Posted by IceCat on 09-17-09 at 09:57 AM

... the first three episodes on the strength of moonie's recommendation and I like it!

It's like Election (1999) meets Fame (1982) meets Bring It On (2000) meets Hung (2009).

There were some good laugh-out-loud moments and the singing is quite good.

"RE: I downloaded"
Posted by emydi on 09-17-09 at 10:18 AM
I was cracking up when they brought in the 2 Thumbs Up cake for the guy with no thumbs and he couldn't use a fork to eat it

It has touches of Freaks and Geeks too.

I really don't like the fake baby storyline...I want him to dump the wife...but the tension with the guidance counselor is good.

I liked the Acufellas group.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 09-17-09 at 03:06 PM
OMH I think this show is brilliant! the music is pretty good too

Syren 2007

"Hmmm"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-17-09 at 10:15 PM
3rd episode a little weak but still some good moments. It's quirky, I hope it makes it.

"RE: Hmmm"
Posted by Tahj on 09-22-09 at 11:43 AM
Agree. This show has its moments I guess but it's pretty uneven overall. I hope it gets better.

It's a Tribe!

"RE: Hmmm"
Posted by Snidget on 09-22-09 at 11:53 AM
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20090921fox01

Looks like it got picked up for a full season.

Posted by MKitty on 09-22-09 at 01:33 PM
I loved it!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

Posted by zombiebaby on 09-25-09 at 04:10 PM
I'm a Gleek. I am suprised. Not my type of show and I don't even know why I tuned in but I like it. So far they are doing a good job with the soapy story parts.

You've been hotpocketed!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-25-09 at 06:27 PM
The week's episode was fricking great. Sort of a Remember the Titans feel to it.

Incidentally, I've studied the play the football team used to win the game and am sending it to the Miami Dolphins to be used in this week's game against the Chargers.

Posted by trigirl on 09-26-09 at 12:00 PM
Loved 'the single girls'! ROFL.

"Kristin Chenoweth on tonight!"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-30-09 at 08:02 PM
SHould be good!

"RE: Kristin Chenoweth on tonight!"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-01-09 at 12:08 PM
that episode was kinda meh for me- hope next week is better

last week had me singin' All the Single Ladies all week

Syren 2007

"I agree"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-01-09 at 01:52 PM
I was a bit disappointed.

The best part was the coach's quick appearance. I forget exactly what she said but I know I laughed out loud.

"RE: Kristin Chenoweth on tonight!"
Posted by trigirl on 10-02-09 at 07:54 AM
I was a little disappointed too...and I heart Kristin Chenowith.

"Cheerios coach"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-08-09 at 04:42 PM
writing in her journal was priceless. I hope we get to see that again

"RE: Cheerios coach"
Posted by BlueIris on 10-08-09 at 08:50 PM
Sue Sylvester should be in every episode.

"Oh, dear God, please. Stop talking. I'm trying desperately to ignore the treacly sweet inanity of your asinine conversation but now I've got bile in my mouth."

She's hysterical.

Posted by MKitty on 10-09-09 at 02:14 PM
Yes, I just love Jane Lynch. I loved her in Two and a Half Men as Charlie's therapist, I LOVED her in the movie Role Models, and even loved her bit part in Julie and Julia. She totally rocks.

Spooked by Agman

Posted by trigirl on 10-10-09 at 11:20 AM
...don't forget her small but hilarious bit on Arrested Development. Cindi Lightballoon?

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-14-09 at 10:31 PM
OMH I laughed out loud several times tonight- Sue's lines are a riot- how does she get them out so deadpan- she's great!

Syren 2007

"Glee news"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-16-09 at 10:00 PM
From http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-hollywoodheadlinesoct16,0,4009721.photogallery (the picture is not of the cast, as far as I can tell)

... the cast of the hit show won't get a chance to perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (NBC revoked the invitation), they've been tapped to sing the national anthem at Game 3 of the World Series.

If they were at the T-Day parade I might have gone! Boo, NBC. BOO.

Anyway, look out for them at Game 3 of the World Series. Let's go YANKEES, LOL!

"Sue Sylvester on twitter :D"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-22-09 at 02:06 PM
Can't post a link but look for S_SylvesterGlee. Excerpt:
Possum is WAY less delicious than Wikipedia indicated.

"matresses"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 12-03-09 at 12:05 PM
OMH I love this show- loved Jump!

Syren 2007

Posted by Glow on 12-03-09 at 03:27 PM
I really like this show. I can't say I love it because there are parts of it that I sincerely don't like (the singing is terrible for the most part. I do appreciate that they look like they're having a blast. They don't let Mark Salling sing enough. "Sweet Caroline" was way too long ago). I had no idea what the appeal to Will was until last night's episode. That was some fine acting by Matthew Morrison and Jessalyn Gilsig. The whole "Smile" sequence at the end was nice.

I'm having troubles resisting the urge to open up the FNL thread.

"*gleeeeee*"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-09-09 at 10:12 PM
Good season finale! Wait. Season finale? WAH!

"RE: *gleeeeee*"
Posted by Meemo on 12-10-09 at 01:49 PM
That was awesome!

Lots of plot development. Wonder where things will go in the spring?

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

"RE: *gleeeeee*"
Posted by MKitty on 12-11-09 at 04:46 PM
Awesome fall finale! I am so glad that the secret is out about Terry's (non)baby and the father of Quinn's child...as that was really starting to bug me!

I can't wait to see where this goes. And I really can't wait to see how Sue Sylvester creates the "world of horror" for Will! LOL....

Tribe manga'd my mug

Posted by trigirl on 12-13-09 at 11:36 PM
Sounds like there will be some excellent guest casting for the spring episodes. Idina Menzel from Wicked is rumoured to be the staff supervisor from Vocal Adrenaline. What fun!

"Casting"
Posted by trigirl on 01-21-10 at 03:42 PM
Heard JLo is working on a guest bit as the lunch lady.

"4/13"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 04-13-10 at 02:53 PM
Glee is back tonight!

Syren 2007

"Now with less quirk!"
Posted by moonbaby on 04-18-10 at 10:43 AM
Or is it because we know everyone's oddities? I'd like a little less soap, a little more fun.

That Sue Sylvester video is what I'm talking about!

"Sue Sylvester Vogue"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 04-14-10 at 02:01 PM
oh my gravy Jane Lynch is awesome!

Syren 2007

"Kristin Chenoweth again"
Posted by moonbaby on 04-28-10 at 01:57 PM
and disappointed again. Dear Glee: this particular guest is just not working for me. Enough already.

Anyone else think she doesn't click here?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 05-30-10 at 04:41 PM
This week's episode is living proof that, in short spurts, the show can work without Sue.

The whole Finn-Kurt thing has run its course. Slow it down or take it in a new direction. We get it - Kurt's in love with Finn, and Finn's new to this whole not-hating-gays thing. And dressing him in a red shower curtain? Didn't work.

Also, one small request: More Mercedes. Please.

"finale"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 06-09-10 at 10:43 PM
the finale was so good I got a little teary-eyed
don't know how good a second season will be though

Syren 2007

"RE: finale"
Posted by bullzeye on 06-13-10 at 09:45 AM
I agree. As soon as I heard the opening bars for "To Sir With Love", I started to well up.

Really loved this show this season and hope we see more of the same next season.

Posted by Tummy on 06-14-10 at 12:26 PM
How does everyone feel about John Stamos joining the cast?

I kind of liked not knowing these actors going in.

Posted by MKitty on 06-18-10 at 05:40 PM
What? I had no idea that John STamos was joining! (and yes, I totally teared up at To Sir with Love...wah....)

Summarized by the Capn!

Posted by trigirl on 06-20-10 at 08:27 AM
I think John Stamos might be interesting. (Playing the Dentist that Emma spoke of in the finale). The funny part is that remember at one point, Emma dissed John Stamos....something about more luck than talent. lol

Posted by Puffy on 06-17-10 at 00:55 AM
I didn't get in with the Gleek crowd the first time around, so I'm starting fresh as the season repeats all summer long. Because I like East Coast Spoiler threads, I watched the finale first. Then I watched the first episode this week and will continue with the rest of the repeats.

Courtesy of the Cap'n