URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8560
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Ep. 14 *no sources* "

Posted by Sheldor on 05-11-16 at 00:35 AM
S32E14 Finale Title: "Not Going Down Without a Fight"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S32 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Ep. 14 *no sources* "
Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-16 at 11:54 AM
Here's Jeff's teaser from his EW interview:

Okay, your 32nd finale is but a week away. Tease us up for three-hour finale/reunion extravaganza.
It’s a very exciting finish. The drama is definitely not over. There will be more surprises, another Survivor first, tears, and a very fulfilling final Tribal Council. This should be a really good conclusion to what fans are telling me has been a really entertaining season.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-16 at 12:02 PM
"Another survivor first" might just be the usual Jeff hype, but Redmond at Insider Survivor had posted this rumor:

"Sources have revealed that there is also a twist involving the Jury. While not 100% verified, it is strongly rumored that someone will gain the power to remove a Jury member, thereby taking away their voting privileges at the Final Tribal Council."

I really hope this doesn't happen. It would stink to be on the jury and then told you're off or your vote doesn't count.

Posted by Sheldor on 05-12-16 at 02:08 PM
Interesting. Thanks SquidProQuo

There are two Final 4 challenge in the Next Time Promo so one is Reward and they like to put an Advantage in the Final 4 Reward Challenge (which I think they should NOT do as it is too powerful and almost always results in that person winning the Immunity Challenge)

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-16 at 02:33 PM
Agreed, any kind of advantage is huge at that stage of the game. But an advantage to take away a jury member's vote could be like deciding who to take along on a reward -- it could backfire and alienate other jury members. Wonder if they'd have the choice not to use it.

I'm hoping the tears are related to a family visit and not just Tai crying!

"Not going down without a fight"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-12-16 at 02:09 PM
From the preview promo:

JP: Michele has played a game centered around loyalty.

Michele (talking to Cydney): Your name's not getting written down by me.

JP: ...but now struggles to find someone she can trust.

Michele: If Tai wins, I feel like I'm screwed.

JP: She will have to fight her way to the end.

Michele: I've been on thin ice but I will fight as hard as I can until my torch is snuffed.

Jiffy alludes to Michele as the fighter, as Michel also commented on. So, when I hear the name of the title, "Not going down without a fight", it makes me think that it's Michele that says it.

If Production starts tampering with jury votes, it will not be good....much like when they tampered with the outcasts....ugh!

"RE: Not going down without a fight"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-16 at 02:48 PM
I agree. Is the Finale title typically spoken by the winner? Hope that's not always the case because I don't want her to win, but Michele is getting a great edit and positioning, particularly in light of her actual game resume. Definitely seems like F2 and there could be vibes of a come-from-behind winner situation like Jenna Morasco. Very little blood on Michele's hands and Jeff seems to always give her credit for great social play and loyalty, which is interesting.

Aubry still seems to be the obvious winner who best fits the season's themes and she's my personal favorite. Plus there was that crescendo music while hugging and making up with Tai and her great confessionals last night. But I suppose that F3 vote-outs often get a great edit too. Or look at Spencer last year.

At least I feel like everyone in this F4 is likable and deserving in some way and no real goats. I don't think it was a stellar strategic season, but I'm glad it was all newbies and some very interesting and unique characters vs. the typical model/actors.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-12-16 at 08:14 PM
Nope

Cagayan
4.Spencer(Do or Die)

SJDS
3.Missy(This is My Time)

WA
1.Mike(It's a fickle, fickle game)

SC
5.Keith(Lie, Cheat, Steal)

Only Mike in the last four seasons has said it. Also, I think Monica said the title quote in BvW season finale. And Eddie said it in Caramoan.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-16 at 10:45 PM
Thanks, Outsider! Good info. So we shouldn't read much into the title.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-13-16 at 05:28 PM
Not really, but there's already been a string consensus that Michele will win because of "friends on the jury".

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-13-16 at 07:24 AM
Yes, thanks Outsider for the title quotes and where the person that said them finished up! Looking more intently at the clip on Michele in the preview promo:

JP: Michele has played a game centered around loyalty.

Michele (talking to Cydney): Your name's not getting written down by me.

JP: ...but now struggles to find someone she can trust.

Michele: If Tai wins, I feel like I'm screwed.

JP: She will have to fight her way to the end.

Michele: I've been on thin ice but I will fight as hard as I can until my torch is snuffed.

We can hypothesize that it is indeed Michele that utters the words, Not going down without a fight. But, this has got to be foreshadowing. In the promo of the F4 challenge we see Tai and Michele are neck in neck with each other, and Cydney is behind them. Could this verbiage be foreshadowing Tai's win at F4, so we now get to see Michele fight for her spot. Cydney is definitely looking more and more like our F4.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-16 at 08:13 PM
From CBS Press Express:

AFTER 39 INTENSE DAYS OF ONE OF THE TOUGHEST SEASONS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY, ONE CASTAWAY WILL BE CROWNED SOLE SURVIVOR AND AWARDED THE $1 MILLION PRIZE, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE, FOLLOWED BY THE ONE-HOUR LIVE REUNION SHOW OF “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, MAY 18

“Not Going Down Without a Fight”– The remaining castaways fight for a game-changing reward to help determine their fate. Then, after 39 intense days of one of the toughest seasons in Survivor history, one castaway will be crowned Sole Survivor and awarded the $1 Million prize, on the two-hour season finale, followed by the one-hour live reunion show hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 18 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: 3 Hours of #Survivor #SeasonFinale 5/18! @JeffProbst will award 1 Castaway $1 Million & Title of #SoleSurvivor #CBS http://bit.ly/27hJKgl

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-16 at 08:15 PM
A "game-changing reward" sure sounds like some sort of advantage. I really really hope it's not the eliminate a juror rumor.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-12-16 at 08:16 PM
I think it's safe to assume it's a F3.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-16 at 11:28 PM
No, I just saw a new promo tonight that said 3 Tribal Councils and "One Epic Twist." So looks like it's an F2. Plus Jeff pretty much told us it's an F2 in last week's EW interview.

So what's the "One Epic Twist"? Aside from the juror thing, what else could it be?

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-13-16 at 07:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-16 AT 08:08 AM (EST)

If Aubry wins the RC to gain the advantage and the "epic twist", who would she choose to eliminate from the jury? If I were her, I would eliminate Julia. Julia hated Aubry in the game because Aubry wrote her name down and crossed it out.

This will definitely be an F2!

Posted by Bebo on 05-13-16 at 11:13 AM
I hate the idea of a vote elimination with an F2.

A final 2 gives us 9 people on the jury. Eliminating a vote means that there would be a potential for a 4-4 tie. Keeping the whole jury means no chance for a tie.

Posted by kingfish on 05-13-16 at 11:35 AM
Yeah. The possibility of a 4-4 tie at F2 should not be a possibility. If there is a vote nullification, it would have to be for 2 voters. And then it's just a circus.

I was musing over the possibility that the twist might be an elimination of the final IC, and having a final 3. It would be a pretty dull episode though since the final elimination is so integral with the game.

Posted by Sheldor on 05-13-16 at 04:51 PM
I know there were extenuating circumstances but in Season 16 Micronesia Fans vs Favorites they had a Final 2 with a Jury of 8 with a possible 4-4 tie. Parvati won 5-3 over Amanda

Posted by Bebo on 05-13-16 at 07:54 PM
True, but 8 voters leaves the possibility of a tie. With 9 voters and an F2, there is no chance for a tie.

Posted by kingfish on 05-13-16 at 09:57 PM
Still, it's not something they allow to happen if they could avoid it.

And there's really no way (IMO) that they would introduce an unnecessary twist that would allow that possibility.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-13-16 at 01:29 PM
FloPo, I agree. Aubry should/would pick Julia if she could eliminate one juror. I'm figuring it's a Michelle-Aubry F2, so that would cut out one for-sure Julia vote.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-13-16 at 08:32 PM
CBS has posted the new preview. See below for a link.

1. Aubry (not Michele) says the title, "Not going down without a fight." This could be related to Michele winning immunity -- see #2.

2. It's hard to tell for sure without vidcaps, but it appears that Michele is wearing the immunity necklace in a shot right about when the big "1" (epic twist) comes up on the screen. I can't believe they'd let that slip, so perhaps it's an earlier shot from when she won immunity last time. Hard to tell if it's F3 or F4. Don't see Cydney in the shot.

3. Jeff says "no one saw that coming" at the very end of the preview. He could be referring to a come-from-behind challenge win, or perhaps the "twist" or advantage.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/CAEE432B-FB6F-AF43-2AE5-A901E7E3A065/survivor-not-going-down-without-a-fight-preview-/

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-13-16 at 10:43 PM
I have been wondering if maybe there is a third TC devoted to removing a juror. And the jurors would have to campaign for their vote not to be removed. That way there could be a final three still and seven jurors. Long shot, I know, but just a thought.

Posted by Sheldor on 05-13-16 at 11:01 PM
That would be a long shot since the promo always counts all of the Tribal Councils including the final one and the promo says 3 Tribal Councils so have to assume it is

1 Final 4->3 TC
2 Final 3->2 TC
3 Final 2 Tribal Council

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-19-16 at 02:38 AM
It wasn't a long shot after all.

Posted by michel2 on 05-19-16 at 02:03 PM
I've learned to never underestimate production's ability to come up with lame twists...

Posted by Sheldor on 05-19-16 at 06:52 PM
You were absolutely right!

I didn't think they would call that a Tribal Council.